Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

Okay, no excuse for rape, but, you go out on a date with this woman below, she comes up to your place for a drink, is sitting on your lap grinding on you and making out but, says she's not that kind of girl.

I would think it would be difficult for a guy to stop... but what do I know?

Oh no doubt it would be difficult to stop, but that's the onus of a "consensual" sexual encounter. If you choose not to stop when they want you to, then it becomes a "non-consensual" encounter, which is sexual assault at the very least.

What is with you idiots putting up pictures of women to prove they would be easily raped? Do you really have such a low opinion of men in general?

teh cross-dressing self-loathing socks just can't keep their stories straight.. :lol:

It is not how a woman is dressed but if she is vulnerable, walking alone in a dark street or living alone and a door ow window is unlocked.

Clothing does not invite rape. A sick mind and opportunity do.

Date rape and drugs have their own opportunities.

Rape of children is also different and usually by someone the family knows.

Snatch and grab or luring a child into an unsafe situation has its own patterns.

Dress or undress is not a cause of rape.

It doesn't "invite" it creates more attention though.

Okay, no excuse for rape, but, you go out on a date with this woman below, she comes up to your place for a drink, is sitting on your lap grinding on you and making out but, says she's not that kind of girl.

It wouldnt be difficult for me to stop. I would be disappointed but there is nothing about forcing a woman to have sex that turns me on.

Yet victims of murder, assault, robbery, etc......all skew older. Much older.
Not quite.

Persons age 50 or older made up:
30% of the population,
12% of murder victims, and
7% of serious violent crime
victims.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDAQFjACahUKEwi9o5LP7dPHAhUEmoAKHV7kD_A&url=http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/apvsvc.pdf&ei=PJDkVb2VNIS0ggTeyL-ADw&usg=AFQjCNE3_AVY22GokDrmO3nO71IegDefrQ&cad=rja

I'm speaking of average age. The average age of a murder victim for example....is 34. The average age of a robbery victim is 30. But rape? The average age is 26. The youngest of any major violent crime. With a full 1/5th of all rapes occurring among women age 18 to 21.

Just those 3 years.

While women who are over 50 are less than 3% of rape victims. Despite being a vastly larger demo.
That's because the average age of all victims of violent crime skews young.

Persons under 25 made up almost 50% of everyone
suffering a serious violent crime and almost
56% of rape/sexual assault victims.

But rape victims skew the youngers. On average 8 years younger than murder victims. 4 years younger than robbery victims. With a full 1/5th of all rape victims being between 18 and 21. They are only 7% of the population but 21% of rape victims.
Young people are overwhelmingly more likely to be victims of violent crime so the rape statistic isn't surprising. They are more likely to be in situations they cannot control and aren't mature enough in many cases to make good judgement calls on what to avoid and what not to avoid. They are risk takers until they get older.

That doesn't support your contention that outfit invites rape.

It is not how a woman is dressed but if she is vulnerable, walking alone in a dark street or living alone and a door ow window is unlocked.

Snatch and grab or luring a child into an unsafe situation has its own patterns.

Yep. And claiming dress is a cause of rape excuses the perp. And in some case may lead to, well, the bitch deserved it defense.

What some on this thread are saying is that they'd be more likely to rape a woman in a bikini than a woman in a business suit. That's pretty messed up.

I'm saying men are more likely to be aroused by seeing a woman wearing a bikini than a business suit. Do you disagree with that ?
No. I disagree that arousal = rape.

A slender attractive woman in a bikini is likely to be more arousing to a man than a woman in a business suit. Yes/no ?
Depends.

What some on this thread are saying is that they'd be more likely to rape a woman in a bikini than a woman in a business suit. That's pretty messed up.

I'm saying men are more likely to be aroused by seeing a woman wearing a bikini than a business suit. Do you disagree with that ?

A slender attractive woman in a bikini is likely to be more arousing to a man than a woman in a business suit. Yes/no ?
Yes. How many more times are you going to ask that question.

Arousal does not equal rape.

Actually, on the subject of clothes and men's attraction. I was a bartender/waitress/manager at the Crazy Horse strip club for about three years. Naked chicks all over the joint and the fuckers hit on me and tried to get me to dance constantly. So yea, lack of clothes, isn't really what drives men's attractions. (I loved that job... Soooo much money, I usually walked away with more than the dancers hahahaha)

You avoided my question. I will rephrase it. Is it more likely that a young female is going to be more available to be victimized or an elderly female?

Absolutely. But you're missing my point. If age played no role in rape, then rape victims would be the same average age as the victims of other violent crimes. As access would be the only relevant factor. Yet victims of murder, assault, robbery, etc......all skew older. Much older.

Rape victims have the lowest average age of any major violent crime. With rape among older women comparatively rare. Women over 50 make up less than 3% of rape victims.

I think you are right about age but I think you are using the wrong logic. There are a myriad of factors that go into choosing a victim for a particular crime.

Robbery? An older woman is more likely to have more money as well as being less likely to cause a physical challenge. They are also more prone to already be married. (crimes of passion)

A younger girl/woman may be viewed as a more desirable target because they are less likely to report it. An older woman wouldn't have the hangups younger women do.

Among the myriad of factors is physical attraction. It makes no sense to perfectly and pristinely void sexual attraction from consideration when discussing the motivations for rape. As you said, its a myriad of factors. Sexual attraction is one of them.

I'm not voiding sexual attraction as a factor. I'm dismissing it as the primary factor in rape.

I think its relevant enough that not drawing attention to yourself can significantly reduce the odds of being raped.
I disagree. You can be a nun and get raped. Predators look for vulnerabilities.

There is no guarantee the woman in the bikini is going to cause more arousal than the woman in the business suit.

Dress attracts the eye. Dress can illicit a desire to possess and to take.

I think of these men as sharks. It makes sense to keep chum out of the water.

There is no guarantee the woman in the bikini is going to cause more arousal than the woman in the business suit.

Guarantee, no. But its more likely, especially if she's younger.

True enough.

Guarantee, no. But its more likely, especially if she's younger.
No its not more likely. It just depends on what turns a man on. I think a fully dressed woman is much more attractive than the skank in the miniskirt.

It wouldnt be difficult for me to stop. I would be disappointed but there is nothing about forcing a woman to have sex that turns me on.
It's a huge turn off for decent people.

I'll admit most rape is not due to the way someone dresses (at least I think not... not like I have read up on studies about it) - but I'm saying a guy is more likely to be aggressive with you if you are giving him signals that you are interested in sex - and many men feel sexy dress and sexy body language and making out etc. are signs you are interested in sex...

Do you think it would be nice to show a juicy hamburger to a starving person and tell them they can't have it?

you would, bonzi buddy, of course you would... :eusa_whistle:

I've talked to and been around enough men to know.... I'm married to one that gets VERY irritated when women wear low cut tops etc. because as a man, he wants to look, but as a Christian man, he knows he shouldn't.

Forum List

Back