Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

I'll admit most rape is not due to the way someone dresses (at least I think not... not like I have read up on studies about it) - but I'm saying a guy is more likely to be aggressive with you if you are giving him signals that you are interested in sex - and many men feel sexy dress and sexy body language and making out etc. are signs you are interested in sex...

Do you think it would be nice to show a juicy hamburger to a starving person and tell them they can't have it?
:rolleyes: A juicy hamburger may want to be eaten but not necessarily by you.

I'll admit most rape is not due to the way someone dresses (at least I think not... not like I have read up on studies about it) - but I'm saying a guy is more likely to be aggressive with you if you are giving him signals that you are interested in sex - and many men feel sexy dress and sexy body language and making out etc. are signs you are interested in sex...

Do you think it would be nice to show a juicy hamburger to a starving person and tell them they can't have it?
No it wouldnt be nice but unless that person owns the burger there is not much he can do about it. As long as the aggression stops when you say "dont" or "stop" then all is good. There is a difference between "dont stop" and "dont"...."stop".

hamburger analogies?

How about I have a nice car and you might want it, but if you take it without my permission its a crime. Should I not be allowed to have a nice car?

No it wouldnt be nice but unless that person owns the burger there is not much he can do about it. As long as the aggression stops when you say "dont" or "stop" then all is good. There is a difference between "dont stop" and "dont"...."stop".

Well like I said there is never an excuse, but, if guys aggressively hit on you and you have tight and/or revealing clothes on, don't complain.

People prone to commit rape just have the desire to CONTROL people and/or have control.

hamburger analogies?

How about I have a nice car and you might want it, but if you take it without my permission its a crime.

I'm just saying it's not nice to tempt or tease..... with no intention of follow through....

The danger is that a woman imagining that she is being self protective by dressing modestly will not recognize that she is no less at risk than being braless in a tank top. The best way to be less of a target is to take some self defense classes until training gives her enough self confidence that it is part of her. Rapists do not choose targets that look willing to fight back.

There is an entire psychology behind the relationship between victim and victimizer. All women should become familiar with their role. Then change the role.

What some on this thread are saying is that they'd be more likely to rape a woman in a bikini than a woman in a business suit. That's pretty messed up.

I'm saying men are more likely to be aroused by seeing a woman wearing a bikini than a business suit. Do you disagree with that ?
No. I disagree that arousal = rape.

A slender attractive woman in a bikini is likely to be more arousing to a man than a woman in a business suit. Yes/no ?
We've already had a hottie in skintight minidress literally equated with a 90-year old woman in this thread.

A drunk guy is supposedly just as likely to overdo it hitting on either of the two. 50/50.

These people see no difference in the two. You're wasting your time.

Okay, no excuse for rape, but, you go out on a date with this woman below, she comes up to your place for a drink, is sitting on your lap grinding on you and making out but, says she's not that kind of girl.

I would think it would be difficult for a guy to stop... but what do I know?

According to women, in the scenario you describe men should be able to instantly turn of their biological urges no matter what the woman says, or does. In fact according to women, men should be able to flip the switch at a moments notice at any point in any scenario regardless of how far it goes, and no matter what the woman's part is in the scenario. We are robots after all, and should be able to end our arousal programming at any stage.

So what she looks like plays no role whatsoever in his approaching women?
Not if his intention is to rape her.

How do you know? Do you have the mind of a rapist?

People are lumping violent knife/gun point psychopath rapists with lazy roofie opportunist rapists.
I dont have to have the mind of a rapist. All I need to do is understand the psychosis. Its about power.

For some of them, for some of the roofie guys its a way to get laid.
You can get laid without roofies.

I don't know, have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately ?

What some on this thread are saying is that they'd be more likely to rape a woman in a bikini than a woman in a business suit. That's pretty messed up.

I'm saying men are more likely to be aroused by seeing a woman wearing a bikini than a business suit. Do you disagree with that ?

A slender attractive woman in a bikini is likely to be more arousing to a man than a woman in a business suit. Yes/no ?
Yes. How many more times are you going to ask that question.

Arousal does not equal rape.

But an outfit that arouses the opposite sex is more likely to place the wearer in a situation they may not want.

Simple really, not sure why anyone would argue against this.

Yet victims of murder, assault, robbery, etc......all skew older. Much older.
Not quite.

Persons age 50 or older made up:
30% of the population,
12% of murder victims, and
7% of serious violent crime
victims.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDAQFjACahUKEwi9o5LP7dPHAhUEmoAKHV7kD_A&url=http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/apvsvc.pdf&ei=PJDkVb2VNIS0ggTeyL-ADw&usg=AFQjCNE3_AVY22GokDrmO3nO71IegDefrQ&cad=rja

I'm speaking of average age. The average age of a murder victim for example....is 34. The average age of a robbery victim is 30. But rape? The average age is 26. The youngest of any major violent crime. With a full 1/5th of all rapes occurring among women age 18 to 21.

Just those 3 years.

While women who are over 50 are less than 3% of rape victims. Despite being a vastly larger demo.
That's because the average age of all victims of violent crime skews young.

Persons under 25 made up almost 50% of everyone
suffering a serious violent crime and almost
56% of rape/sexual assault victims.

But rape victims skew the youngers. On average 8 years younger than murder victims. 4 years younger than robbery victims. With a full 1/5th of all rape victims being between 18 and 21. They are only 7% of the population but 21% of rape victims.
Young people are overwhelmingly more likely to be victims of violent crime so the rape statistic isn't surprising. They are more likely to be in situations they cannot control and aren't mature enough in many cases to make good judgement calls on what to avoid and what not to avoid. They are risk takers until they get older.

That doesn't support your contention that outfit invites rape.
Yet victims of murder, assault, robbery, etc......all skew older. Much older.
Not quite.

Persons age 50 or older made up:
30% of the population,
12% of murder victims, and
7% of serious violent crime
victims.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDAQFjACahUKEwi9o5LP7dPHAhUEmoAKHV7kD_A&url=http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/apvsvc.pdf&ei=PJDkVb2VNIS0ggTeyL-ADw&usg=AFQjCNE3_AVY22GokDrmO3nO71IegDefrQ&cad=rja

I'm speaking of average age. The average age of a murder victim for example....is 34. The average age of a robbery victim is 30. But rape? The average age is 26. The youngest of any major violent crime. With a full 1/5th of all rapes occurring among women age 18 to 21.

Just those 3 years.

While women who are over 50 are less than 3% of rape victims. Despite being a vastly larger demo.

But rape victims skew the youngers. On average 8 years younger than murder victims. 4 years younger than robbery victims. With a full 1/5th of all rape victims being between 18 and 21. They are only 7% of the population but 21% of rape victims.
Young people are overwhelmingly more likely to be victims of violent crime so the rape statistic isn't surprising. They are more likely to be in situations they cannot control and aren't mature enough in many cases to make good judgement calls on what to avoid and what not to avoid. They are risk takers until they get older.

Dress invites attention and interest. Which is fine in most circumstances. But when around sharks, you don't want to pique their interest.

Not if his intention is to rape her.

How do you know? Do you have the mind of a rapist?

People are lumping violent knife/gun point psychopath rapists with lazy roofie opportunist rapists.
I dont have to have the mind of a rapist. All I need to do is understand the psychosis. Its about power.

For some of them, for some of the roofie guys its a way to get laid.
You can get laid without roofies.

I don't know, have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately ?
You dont know if you can get laid without roofies?

But an outfit that arouses the opposite sex is more likely to place the wearer in a situation they may not want.

Commitment to an ideology makes people do and say some pretty amazing stuff.

Youre assuming that the outfit is what aroused the rapist. Thats call a logical fallacy.

Premise: If A is true then B must be true.

There is no guarantee the woman in the bikini is going to cause more arousal than the woman in the business suit.

I guess if the woman in a bikini is walking down the street in a community of blind people, then you're right there would be no difference.

We've already had a hottie in skintight minidress literally equated with a 90-year old woman in this thread.

A drunk guy is supposedly just as likely to overdo it hitting on either of the two. 50/50.

These people see no difference in the two. You're wasting your time.
Big difference between hitting on someone and raping someone.

Just those 3 years.

Just those 3 years.

Dress invites attention and interest. Which is fine in most circumstances. But when around sharks, you don't want to pique their interest.
It makes more sense to avoid sharks instead of excusing their behavior.

There is no guarantee the woman in the bikini is going to cause more arousal than the woman in the business suit.

I guess if the woman in a bikini is walking down the street in a community of blind people, then you're right there would be no difference.
Or the woman in the bikini could be walking down the boardwalk at a beach with thousands of hetero males around and there would be no difference. In either case youre mistaking sexual arousal for rape.

Just those 3 years.

Just those 3 years.

It makes more sense to avoid sharks instead of excusing their behavior.

Who is excusing their behavior? I'm suggesting not attracting their attention.

Or the woman in the bikini could be walking down the boardwalk at a beach with thousands of hetero males around and there would be no difference. In either case youre mistaking sexual arousal for rape.

More recognizing that sexual arousal is one of the 'myriad of reasons' why a rapist would choose a particular victim.

Forum List

Back