Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

d
I guess if the woman in a bikini is walking down the street in a community of blind people, then you're right there would be no difference.
Or the woman in the bikini could be walking down the boardwalk at a beach with thousands of hetero males around and there would be no difference. In either case youre mistaking sexual arousal for rape.

More recognizing that sexual arousal is one of the 'myriad of reasons' why a rapist would choose a particular victim.
Sexual arousal is a result of rape. Their is no proof whatsoever its the reason for rape.

You're getting into absolutist territory again. Why wouldn't sexual arousal be among the 'myriad of reasons'? The idea that sexual arousal must be perfectly removed from the situation makes no sense. A mix of different motivations, emotions, etc would make way more sense than these indivisible crystalline monotones.
When I say "reason" I should preface that with "primary". Its impossible to say someone is raped due to sexual arousal because the act of raping is a power/control concept.

It's the same reason men beat women - or verbally abuse them - they have to be in control.
Dangerous people to be around because they would kill you in a heartbeat if they got provoked enough......

Last edited:
Um..... Duh?

b0dc34235e3a5c377d859a6f265eecd1.jpg

Reasons to dress in tight or revealing clothes:

(1) You like them (most women will say this)
(2) You want to look hot and get men's attention (the #1 reason, but many women won't admit it...)
(3) You want to have sex
(4) You want to get a man's attention to get a date, then later maybe tone it down a bit so he'll respect you

When I dressed sexy, I wanted to look good cause I thought guys would think I was a good "catch" (not for sex, but for a relationship, and, if things went well, maybe more down the road....) - I'm talking early 20's.
You thought dressing sexy would make men think you were a good catch? :laugh:

I know .... naïve right? I'm not sure if other girls/women feel this way... I guess it was because I didn't have a father around to warn me!
Lots of women feel that way when young. Its drummed into them via television/culture etc. Some never get it. I know I made it a point to teach my girls that dressing sexy attracts guys but it doesnt keep them.

Obviously not. That would be like saying that walking around with $100s in my hand excuses muggers. Its a nonsense argument. Instead, I'm recognizing that you can attract the attention of people who may not have your best interests at heart. And keeping a lower profile could be helpful in avoiding unwanted attention.

Just common sense.

women should not dress attractively lest a shark thinks they've been invited to rape?

women should wear full covering in public since men have such little control of themselves...

sounds familiar :uhoh3:

Its a silly argument. If we're in a dark parking garage or in a bad neighbhoord, you walk with a purpose and keep your purse tucked close. Are you 'excusing muggers' because they have 'such little control of themselves'? Of course not. You're taking common sense precautions to help protect yourself.

When you park your car do you leave your wallet on the dashboard and the windows rolled down? Are you excusing thieves because they have 'such little control over themselves'? Again, no. You're taking basic precautions that can help dramatically reduce bad outcomes.

From car alarms to locking our doors at night to basic car maintenance to calling in to let people know where you are, basic precautions are used daily. But in this instance, suddenly diog the exact same thing is 'excusing' someone or some crime?

Of course not. Its the same basic precaution you'd take in any other context. And it no more excuses the behavior of the people you're protecting yourself against than locking your front door 'excuses' burglars.

The idea of inviting rape by dressing in an enticing manner is tripe. Psychological studies tend to show that rape is a crime of control over the victim, not the result of uncontrollable fucking.

BULLSHIT

WHICH OF THESE WOMEN HAS THE HIGHEST PROBABILITY OF BEING RAPED

A

fat-black-women.jpg

or B

jennifer-lawrence.jpg

Last edited:
Yet victims of murder, assault, robbery, etc......all skew older. Much older.
Not quite.

Persons age 50 or older made up:
30% of the population,
12% of murder victims, and
7% of serious violent crime
victims.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDAQFjACahUKEwi9o5LP7dPHAhUEmoAKHV7kD_A&url=http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/apvsvc.pdf&ei=PJDkVb2VNIS0ggTeyL-ADw&usg=AFQjCNE3_AVY22GokDrmO3nO71IegDefrQ&cad=rja

I'm speaking of average age. The average age of a murder victim for example....is 34. The average age of a robbery victim is 30. But rape? The average age is 26. The youngest of any major violent crime. With a full 1/5th of all rapes occurring among women age 18 to 21.

Just those 3 years.

While women who are over 50 are less than 3% of rape victims. Despite being a vastly larger demo.
That's because the average age of all victims of violent crime skews young.

Persons under 25 made up almost 50% of everyone
suffering a serious violent crime and almost
56% of rape/sexual assault victims.

And you are including child rape which is more often by a family member or family friend.
Pedophilia is not about the way they are dressed.

Rape is more about access and opportunity not the victim.

Rapist is not looking for someone with almost no clothes on, but someone that can be caught off guard and alone.

Rape is about power not sex. Why do people keep trying to insist it is somehow invited by the woman? It does not matter what she wears. On a practical matter, pants are more difficult to remove than if she was wearing a dress. Tights are more difficult than stockings and a garter. A woman alone is more at risk than if she is with someone, even another woman/girl. If she is walking and looks nervous or always looking over her shoulder, it gives the impression she is vulnerable and weak. If she is walking with a stead step and head held high, she is less likely to be a temptation. If she is carrying an umbrella or a collapsing night stick, she will not be as tempting. Maybe she has a whistle around her neck, again less tempting. If she knows were she is going as apposed to looking lost, she is safer. If she is talking on the phone someone will hear if she is in trouble and can track her phone, less tempting.

Rapists can almost smell fear, that is what gives them a sense of power.

More people will be raped by someone they know, or recently met than grabbed off the street by a stranger. How they dress is immaterial. Rape is not about sex, that is not the motive just the end result. It is about abuse.

Even a wife can be raped by her husband and it does no matter if she just got out or shower with just a towel on if she has a long flannel night gown. It could be a moment of normal sex turned aggressive. She could say no and he would not care or listen. It could be a form of punishment for an imagined wrong. It could be sodomizing a woman. It could be using an object.

A dirty old man in an alley is not the typical rapist.

Women need to learn not to take a drink ordered by someone else or handed to them by someone other than the waitress/bartender. Don't drink too much. Don't use drugs. Know who you are with. Have a buddy system. Know a few basic moves to defend her self. Carry a whistle or something to use as a weapon, even car keys. Carry a phone. Make sure you have a set time of contact so others know you are OK and on your way home. It is not that hard to not be a victim of someone outside the family. Within the family or close circle is different. In that situation it might be someone as small as the turn of neck or the way you blink that they believe is a turn on or opening to vulnerability. Rape is usually an act of anger or abuse. It really has little to do with being sexy or sex.

Even if there is some fantasy role playing of rape, those couples have safe words and stop when the submissive says that word.

The idea of inviting rape by dressing in an enticing manner is tripe. Psychological studies tend to show that rape is a crime of control over the victim, not the result of uncontrollable fucking.

BULLSHIT

A

fat-black-women.jpg

or B

jennifer-lawrence.jpg

Depends. You keep thinking its about sex when its about power. Maybe the white woman attracts a rapist because she is mouthy and the rapist wants to over power her. Maybe the Black woman because she looks like more of a challenge and would put up more of a fight.

What some on this thread are saying is that they'd be more likely to rape a woman in a bikini than a woman in a business suit. That's pretty messed up.

I'm saying men are more likely to be aroused by seeing a woman wearing a bikini than a business suit. Do you disagree with that ?
No. I disagree that arousal = rape.

A slender attractive woman in a bikini is likely to be more arousing to a man than a woman in a business suit. Yes/no ?

Rape is not about arousal, it is about abuse and power. Rape is not sex! Rape is about victimizing the woman, not getting laid.

Rape is not about the woman but a sick man.

A slender attractive woman in a bikini is likely to be more arousing to a man than a woman in a business suit. Yes/no ?
We've already had a hottie in skintight minidress literally equated with a 90-year old woman in this thread.

A drunk guy is supposedly just as likely to overdo it hitting on either of the two. 50/50.

These people see no difference in the two. You're wasting your time.
Big difference between hitting on someone and raping someone.
Yes, one might happen before the other. Not always, of course, but any honest person would admit that it's possible that unwanted sex could take place after a man hits on a woman.

But as we know, a woman's looks has absolutely nothing to do with it.

:rolleyes-41:
Which means the womans clothes were to blame?
The ultimate blame lies with the perpetrator, as always.

However, and I certainly realize how non-PC it is to say this (yummy!), but if a woman chooses to increase the possibility that some drunk pig is going to hit on her (and perhaps worse), then that is precisely what she has done. She is still the victim, but it was still her choice to wear what she did, go where she did, and perhaps act as she did.

Oh my! I'm just a big monster!
Well, yeah, you do sound like a monster. You sound like you could potentially rape someone because of what she is wearing.

Obviously not. That would be like saying that walking around with $100s in my hand excuses muggers. Its a nonsense argument. Instead, I'm recognizing that you can attract the attention of people who may not have your best interests at heart. And keeping a lower profile could be helpful in avoiding unwanted attention.

Just common sense.

women should not dress attractively lest a shark thinks they've been invited to rape?

women should wear full covering in public since men have such little control of themselves...

sounds familiar :uhoh3:
images

I'll admit most rape is not due to the way someone dresses (at least I think not... not like I have read up on studies about it) - but I'm saying a guy is more likely to be aggressive with you if you are giving him signals that you are interested in sex - and many men feel sexy dress and sexy body language and making out etc. are signs you are interested in sex...

Do you think it would be nice to show a juicy hamburger to a starving person and tell them they can't have it?
No it wouldnt be nice but unless that person owns the burger there is not much he can do about it. As long as the aggression stops when you say "dont" or "stop" then all is good. There is a difference between "dont stop" and "dont"...."stop".

Well like I said there is never an excuse, but, if guys aggressively hit on you and you have tight and/or revealing clothes on, don't complain.

People prone to commit rape just have the desire to CONTROL people and/or have control.

No. Wrong.

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...

How about someone wearing a KKK uniform in a Black neighborhood? Does that change your tune?
Assault, whether it's rape or other physical assault, is the fault of the assaulter, not the victim.

Blaming the victim is the coward's defense.

BULLSHIT

A

fat-black-women.jpg

or B

jennifer-lawrence.jpg

Depends. You keep thinking its about sex when its about power. Maybe the white woman attracts a rapist because she is mouthy and the rapist wants to over power her. Maybe the Black woman because she looks like more of a challenge and would put up more of a fight.

BULLSHIT , AGAIN.

MEN NEED ERECTIONS TO FUCK.

JUST THE THOUGHT OF NAILING JENNIFER LAWRENCE WILL MAKE MAKE ME COME.

WOMAN A DOESN'T DO ANYTHING FOR ME.

YOU MUST BE A FEMALE OR A MALE HOMOSEXUAL.

BULLSHIT

A

fat-black-women.jpg

or B

jennifer-lawrence.jpg

BULLSHIT , AGAIN.

MEN NEED ERECTIONS TO FUCK.

JUST THE THOUGHT OF NAILING JENNIFER LAWRENCE WILL MAKE MAKE ME COME.

WOMAN A DOESN'T DO ANYTHING FOR ME.

YOU MUST BE A FEMALE OR A MALE HOMOSEXUAL.

QQ. Are you blind or just dumb?

No you dont need and erection to fuck. I can personally vouch for that.

Sounds like you havent had sex in awhile if just the thought of Jennifer Lawrence will make you come. She looks like a preteen to me.

Woman A would probably beat your ass. Too much of a risk for you.

No. I'm a heterosexual male.

Forum List

Back