Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

That's because the average age of all victims of violent crime skews young.

Persons under 25 made up almost 50% of everyone
suffering a serious violent crime and almost
56% of rape/sexual assault victims.

But rape victims skew the youngers. On average 8 years younger than murder victims. 4 years younger than robbery victims. With a full 1/5th of all rape victims being between 18 and 21. They are only 7% of the population but 21% of rape victims.
Young people are overwhelmingly more likely to be victims of violent crime so the rape statistic isn't surprising. They are more likely to be in situations they cannot control and aren't mature enough in many cases to make good judgement calls on what to avoid and what not to avoid. They are risk takers until they get older.

That doesn't support your contention that outfit invites rape.

But rape victims skew the youngers. On average 8 years younger than murder victims. 4 years younger than robbery victims. With a full 1/5th of all rape victims being between 18 and 21. They are only 7% of the population but 21% of rape victims.
Young people are overwhelmingly more likely to be victims of violent crime so the rape statistic isn't surprising. They are more likely to be in situations they cannot control and aren't mature enough in many cases to make good judgement calls on what to avoid and what not to avoid. They are risk takers until they get older.

Dress invites attention and interest. Which is fine in most circumstances. But when around sharks, you don't want to pique their interest.
It makes more sense to avoid sharks instead of excusing their behavior.

Who is excusing their behavior? I'm suggesting not attracting their attention.
I guess the point is what makes you think the clothing is what is attracting their (the rapist) attention?

A slender attractive woman in a bikini is likely to be more arousing to a man than a woman in a business suit. Yes/no ?
Yes. How many more times are you going to ask that question.

Arousal does not equal rape.
There is no guarantee the woman in the bikini is going to cause more arousal than the woman in the business suit.

I guess if the woman in a bikini is walking down the street in a community of blind people, then you're right there would be no difference.
Or the woman in the bikini could be walking down the boardwalk at a beach with thousands of hetero males around and there would be no difference. In either case youre mistaking sexual arousal for rape.

More recognizing that sexual arousal is one of the 'myriad of reasons' why a rapist would choose a particular victim.
Sexual arousal is a result of rape. Their is no proof whatsoever its the reason for rape.

What some on this thread are saying is that they'd be more likely to rape a woman in a bikini than a woman in a business suit. That's pretty messed up.

I'm saying men are more likely to be aroused by seeing a woman wearing a bikini than a business suit. Do you disagree with that ?
No. I disagree that arousal = rape.

A slender attractive woman in a bikini is likely to be more arousing to a man than a woman in a business suit. Yes/no ?
We've already had a hottie in skintight minidress literally equated with a 90-year old woman in this thread.

A drunk guy is supposedly just as likely to overdo it hitting on either of the two. 50/50.

These people see no difference in the two. You're wasting your time.
Big difference between hitting on someone and raping someone.
Yes, one might happen before the other. Not always, of course, but any honest person would admit that it's possible that unwanted sex could take place after a man hits on a woman.

But as we know, a woman's looks has absolutely nothing to do with it.

:rolleyes-41:

Dress invites attention and interest. Which is fine in most circumstances. But when around sharks, you don't want to pique their interest.

If you are making the case that what you wear attracts rapists you are excusing the behavior of rapists.

I'm saying men are more likely to be aroused by seeing a woman wearing a bikini than a business suit. Do you disagree with that ?

We've already had a hottie in skintight minidress literally equated with a 90-year old woman in this thread.

A drunk guy is supposedly just as likely to overdo it hitting on either of the two. 50/50.

Yes, one might happen before the other. Not always, of course, but any honest person would admit that it's possible that unwanted sex could take place after a man hits on a woman.

Which means the womans clothes were to blame? I was unaware there were men so desperate for sex that what a woman wears made them rape her.

Last edited:

But an outfit that arouses the opposite sex is more likely to place the wearer in a situation they may not want.

Simple really, not sure why anyone would argue against this.

Commitment to an ideology makes people do and say some pretty amazing stuff.

you seem rather committed to your own ideology of excuses for rapists... :rolleyes:

If you are making the case that what you wear attracts rapists you are excusing the behavior of rapists.

Obviously not. That would be like saying that walking around with $100s in my hand excuses muggers. Its a nonsense argument. Instead, I'm recognizing that you can attract the attention of people who may not have your best interests at heart. And keeping a lower profile could be helpful in avoiding unwanted attention.

Just common sense.

Obviously not. That would be like saying that walking around with $100s in my hand excuses muggers. Its a nonsense argument. Instead, I'm recognizing that you can attract the attention of people who may not have your best interests at heart. And keeping a lower profile could be helpful in avoiding unwanted attention.

Just common sense.
Thats not common sense. Thats opinion. Keeping a low profile could attract the attention of a predator.

Reasons to dress in tight or revealing clothes:

(1) You like them (most women will say this)
(2) You want to look hot and get men's attention (the #1 reason, but many women won't admit it...)
(3) You want to have sex
(4) You want to get a man's attention to get a date, then later maybe tone it down a bit so he'll respect you

When I dressed sexy, I wanted to look good cause I thought guys would think I was a good "catch" (not for sex, but for a relationship, and, if things went well, maybe more down the road....) - I'm talking early 20's.

So rapey men get even more rapey if a woman is scantily clad?

Which means the womans clothes were to blame?
The ultimate blame lies with the perpetrator, as always.

However, and I certainly realize how non-PC it is to say this (yummy!), but if a woman chooses to increase the possibility that some drunk pig is going to hit on her (and perhaps worse), then that is precisely what she has done. She is still the victim, but it was still her choice to wear what she did, go where she did, and perhaps act as she did.

Oh my! I'm just a big monster!

So rapey men get even more rapey if a woman is scantily clad?
Please define "rapey men".

(2) You want to look hot and get men's attention (the #1 reason, but many women won't admit it...)
(3) You want to have sex
(4) You want to get a man's attention to get a date, then later maybe tone it down a bit so he'll respect you

When I dressed sexy, I wanted to look good cause I thought guys would think I was a good "catch" (not for sex, but for a relationship, and, if things went well, maybe more down the road....) - I'm talking early 20's.
You thought dressing sexy would make men think you were a good catch? :laugh:

d

There is no guarantee the woman in the bikini is going to cause more arousal than the woman in the business suit.

I guess if the woman in a bikini is walking down the street in a community of blind people, then you're right there would be no difference.
Or the woman in the bikini could be walking down the boardwalk at a beach with thousands of hetero males around and there would be no difference. In either case youre mistaking sexual arousal for rape.

More recognizing that sexual arousal is one of the 'myriad of reasons' why a rapist would choose a particular victim.
Sexual arousal is a result of rape. Their is no proof whatsoever its the reason for rape.

You're getting into absolutist territory again. Why wouldn't sexual arousal be among the 'myriad of reasons'? The idea that sexual arousal must be perfectly removed from the situation makes no sense. A mix of different motivations, emotions, etc would make way more sense than these indivisible crystalline monotones.

Amazing how this isn't obvious.

Causes+of+rape.jpg

Which means the womans clothes were to blame?
The ultimate blame lies with the perpetrator, as always.

However, and I certainly realize how non-PC it is to say this (yummy!), but if a woman chooses to increase the possibility that some drunk pig is going to hit on her (and perhaps worse), then that is precisely what she has done. She is still the victim, but it was still her choice to wear what she did, go where she did, and perhaps act as she did.

Oh my! I'm just a big monster!
That doesnt mean you are monster. I just means you have an opinion. I used to think the same thing. Then I learned to look at things deeper than surface level.

Just common sense.

women should not dress attractively lest a shark thinks they've been invited to rape?

women should wear full covering in public since men have such little control of themselves...

sounds familiar :uhoh3:

d

You're getting into absolutist territory again. Why wouldn't sexual arousal be among the 'myriad of reasons'? The idea that sexual arousal must be perfectly removed from the situation makes no sense. A mix of different motivations, emotions, etc would make way more sense than these indivisible crystalline monotones.
When I say "reason" I should preface that with "primary". Its impossible to say someone is raped due to sexual arousal because the act of raping is a power/control concept.

(3) You want to have sex

You thought dressing sexy would make men think you were a good catch? :laugh:

I know .... naïve right? I'm not sure if other girls/women feel this way... I guess it was because I didn't have a father around to warn me!

Forum List

Back