CDZ Women should embrace both owning and carrying guns as acts of personal empowerment.

I’m curious. Would you sell a gun to someone who tells you that they are going to commit suicide the moment you complete the sale?

I don't sell my guns.

And I would have no way of knowing if a person was going to commit suicide

Re-read the question and answer it.

I did answer it.

I don't sell my guns to anyone so your hypothetical is invalid.

he he he….Typical gun nut response.

Should someone who sells guns sell to someone who tells them, point blank, that the moment they get it, they are going to blow their brains out? There, happy?

Why would I have a problem with that?

Suicide is a choice and I respect other people's choices
Yeah I'm not sure how suicide became a crime.

Probably has something to do with the fact that we have no options for housing crazy people against their will...so they made it a crime to commit suicide so they can lodge failed suicides...

Worthless, useless laws.

I don't sell my guns.

And I would have no way of knowing if a person was going to commit suicide

I did answer it.

Should someone who sells guns sell to someone who tells them, point blank, that the moment they get it, they are going to blow their brains out? There, happy?

Suicide is a choice and I respect other people’s choices

Would you agree that someone who is contemplating suicide is not mentally healthy?

No I do not agree.

Just because a person makes a choice I might not make in no way defines him as mentally ill

You know that got repealed, right? Want to repeal the 2nd, get working on it. I for one would actually love a constitutional convention.

And….

The point is you said they (the framers) treated everyone the same. I have demonstrated two instances where they did not.

Actually, you talked about the Constitution's treatment of citizens, and then you brought up the 3/5 compromise, which is odd, since the 3/5 compromise specifically dealt with people who were NOT citizens.

And NOW your'e talking about "treating everyone the same". Shifting goalposts. Are we talking about "everyone", or citizens? Pick one.

Daft response….60% of the slaves were considered citizens…perhaps you should research it.

According to whom? And no, I will not be "researching" your unsubstantiated assertions. Either cite your source, or I will simply assume that your source is your own ass, from whence you pulled this.

The fraction 3/5 is 60%.

Which has what to do with citizenship?

Accidents happen always have always will.

Accidental gun deaths are not even a blip on the list of causes of accidental death

Except your accidental death by gunshot doesn’t happen if you don’t bring it into the house.

Yeah, and my accidental death by slipping in the bathtub and hitting my head doesn't happen if I never bathe.

What's your damned point? I'm supposed to live my life covered in bubble wrap and using kindergarten safety scissors, because if I never allow myself around anything remotely dangerous, nothing bad will ever happen?

Or, y'know, I could accept a reasonable amount of risk and exercise a reasonable amount of caution, like a grown-up.

I’ve mentioned it 12 times already….feel free to go back and try to comprehend.

"Mentioning" isn't the same as making sense.

As you have demonstrated.

Synopsis…stats show you’re less safe with a gun in the house. The OP is a failure. That being said, buy as many guns as you want.

Synopsis: stats show that people who own guns get shot more often. Not the same as supporting the conclusion you drew.

And thanks for noticing that I demonstrated how little sense you make, but in all fairness, it wasn't hard.

Now, if you'd like to show me where I EVER set a specific time on WHEN some states allowed women to vote, and some didn't, then you just go right on with yourself. But I hope when it dawns on you that I didn't say that at all, and you merely PROJECTED that onto what I said, you'll have the intellectual honesty to admit your error.

But I won't hold my breath.

Great weaseling! So WHEN you said:

The Founders also didn't DENY women the vote. The original Constitution doesn't mention voting at all. Suffrage was considered something for the individual states to decide

WHO "considered" it so? And WHEN would that HAVE TO have been?

Quote the Raven: "Oh for the love of Christ" .... "Start making sense."

And….

The point is you said they (the framers) treated everyone the same. I have demonstrated two instances where they did not.

Actually, you talked about the Constitution's treatment of citizens, and then you brought up the 3/5 compromise, which is odd, since the 3/5 compromise specifically dealt with people who were NOT citizens.

And NOW your'e talking about "treating everyone the same". Shifting goalposts. Are we talking about "everyone", or citizens? Pick one.

Daft response….60% of the slaves were considered citizens…perhaps you should research it.

According to whom? And no, I will not be "researching" your unsubstantiated assertions. Either cite your source, or I will simply assume that your source is your own ass, from whence you pulled this.

The fraction 3/5 is 60%.

Did you not take any history courses in school?

To satisfy the disagreement between whether slaves would be counted or not; the framers agreed to count 3/5 of them as citizens for the purpose of house representation.

Except your accidental death by gunshot doesn’t happen if you don’t bring it into the house.

Yeah, and my accidental death by slipping in the bathtub and hitting my head doesn't happen if I never bathe.

What's your damned point? I'm supposed to live my life covered in bubble wrap and using kindergarten safety scissors, because if I never allow myself around anything remotely dangerous, nothing bad will ever happen?

Or, y'know, I could accept a reasonable amount of risk and exercise a reasonable amount of caution, like a grown-up.

Synopsis…stats show you’re less safe with a gun in the house. The OP is a failure. That being said, buy as many guns as you want.

Synopsis: stats show that people who own guns get shot more often. Not the same as supporting the conclusion you drew.
I drew no conclusion; I reported what the data suggested. Somehow it became a discussion about the 2nd Amendment.

I did answer it.

Would you agree that someone who is contemplating suicide is not mentally healthy?

No I do not agree.

Just because a person makes a choice I might not make in no way defines him as mentally ill

Interesting.

Ask women who have been violently attacked by criminals and who then learn how to shoot and carry a gun if they feel safer or less safe. Ask women who have taken up learning to carry and shoot guns if they feel more safe or less safe.

Since a gun is the one thing that can make a woman capable of dealing with a violent male criminal, shouldn't the women's movements embrace gun ownership and carrying guns as acts of female empowerment?

Armed 'Women for Trump' graduation pic generates hate

A University of Tennessee senior posted her graduation pictureon Twitter that featured her wearing a "Women for Trump" T-shirt and a gun in her waistband.

Writing, "I don't take normal graduation photos," Brenna Spencer immediately felt the wrath of gun control advocates.

------

Ms. Spencer is carrying the gun legally and it is her Constitutional right to own one. To pretend that it's close to the end of the world that a picture with an attractive woman carrying a gun is posted on a popular social media platform only makes the critics look hysterical - which, of course, they are.

The fact that Ms. Spencer's picture went viral may encourage other young women to follow suit. If that happened, it would be worth all the criticism endured by this brave young woman.

TTAG Daily Digest: Senior Pride, Kaiser Wades Into 'Gun Violence and Strapped Older Texans - The Truth About Guns

Brenna_Spencer.jpg

Tennessee college student defends her gun-toting ‘graduation’ photo

Wow, Republicans believe women should carry guns but aren't responsible enough to have control over their own bodies. Imagine that.

I did answer it.

No I do not agree.

Meh. A danger to oneself or others is the traditional definition of insanity.

Accidents happen always have always will.

Accidental gun deaths are not even a blip on the list of causes of accidental death

Because gang members own guns and either use them to shoot others or are shot by others.

Geez, are you stupid?

Or they are used in suicides instead of using another method to kill themselves.

So, to make that stat accurate, one would say, that gang members and those hellbent on committing suicide are far less safe then the general public when a gun is in the House.

The odds for the rest of us are 1 in 300,000,000 on any given day.

And candycorn is a joke

Ask women who have been violently attacked by criminals and who then learn how to shoot and carry a gun if they feel safer or less safe. Ask women who have taken up learning to carry and shoot guns if they feel more safe or less safe.

Since a gun is the one thing that can make a woman capable of dealing with a violent male criminal, shouldn't the women's movements embrace gun ownership and carrying guns as acts of female empowerment?

A University of Tennessee senior posted her graduation pictureon Twitter that featured her wearing a "Women for Trump" T-shirt and a gun in her waistband.

Writing, "I don't take normal graduation photos," Brenna Spencer immediately felt the wrath of gun control advocates.

------

Ms. Spencer is carrying the gun legally and it is her Constitutional right to own one. To pretend that it's close to the end of the world that a picture with an attractive woman carrying a gun is posted on a popular social media platform only makes the critics look hysterical - which, of course, they are.

The fact that Ms. Spencer's picture went viral may encourage other young women to follow suit. If that happened, it would be worth all the criticism endured by this brave young woman.

TTAG Daily Digest: Senior Pride, Kaiser Wades Into 'Gun Violence and Strapped Older Texans - The Truth About Guns

Brenna_Spencer.jpg

Alaska, lots of guns, and also the highest rape rate in the US, five times higher than NY state.

Me gets the feeling that the guns aren't going to empower women at all.

Because gang members own guns and either use them to shoot others or are shot by others.

Geez, are you stupid?

Or they are used in suicides instead of using another method to kill themselves.

So, to make that stat accurate, one would say, that gang members and those hellbent on committing suicide are far less safe then the general public when a gun is in the House.

And candycorn is a joke

Again, where is the 1 in 300 million stat coming from?

Geez, are you stupid?

And candycorn is a joke

Again, where is the 1 in 300 million stat coming from?

Again, it’s been outlined for you. If you choose to ignore it, your problem, not mine.

I did answer it.

No I do not agree.

Meh. A danger to oneself or others is the traditional definition of insanity.

And that makes it correct?

Why can't a person rationally decide to end his own life?

Now, if you'd like to show me where I EVER set a specific time on WHEN some states allowed women to vote, and some didn't, then you just go right on with yourself. But I hope when it dawns on you that I didn't say that at all, and you merely PROJECTED that onto what I said, you'll have the intellectual honesty to admit your error.

But I won't hold my breath.

Great weaseling! So WHEN you said:

The Founders also didn't DENY women the vote. The original Constitution doesn't mention voting at all. Suffrage was considered something for the individual states to decide

WHO "considered" it so? And WHEN would that HAVE TO have been?

Quote the Raven: "Oh for the love of Christ" .... "Start making sense."

Obviously, by all the people who created the laws so that suffrage was left up to the states, duhhh. And what possible difference it could make to the topic exists only in your mind.

Quote Cecilie: "Would you know sense if it crawled up your pants leg?"

The fraction 3/5 is 60%.

Did you not take any history courses in school?

To satisfy the disagreement between whether slaves would be counted or not; the framers agreed to count 3/5 of them as citizens for the purpose of house representation.

No, they didn't agree to "count 3/5 of them as citizens". One is either a citizen, or one is not, rather like being pregnant. You cannot be "60 percent citizen", any more than you can be 60% pregnant. Slaves are, by definition, not citizens at all. They are property, much like a cow or a horse or a dog. That is the most basic essence of why slavery is evil and horrible.

The Three-Fifths Compromise, as it is called, dealt with apportioning representation in Congress. When the census was (and is) taken, it counts EVERYONE in the country, not just citizens. Back then, because there were slaves in the country, it counted up how many of them there were, as well. And since you apparently don't know this, apportionment in Congress includes everyone who resides in a district, citizen and non-citizen alike. The question at the time was whether or not that was going to be the case with slaves as well, since the slave population in some states was larger than that of non-slaves, and counting them toward apportionment would have given the slave states far more power in Congress.

The compromise (which is why it's called that) was to allow them to affect apportionment, but not to the same extent that a free person - citizen OR non-citizen - would, in order to lessen the amount of control the slave states would have.

It had nothing whatsoever to do with citizenship.

I drew no conclusion; I reported what the data suggested. Somehow it became a discussion about the 2nd Amendment.

No, you reported your conclusion about the data, since the data only "suggests" that if that is what one already wants to believe. This is demonstrated by the fact that a more in-depth look at the facts surrounding the question tells us that your causality is ass-backwards.

------

Brenna_Spencer.jpg

Wow, Republicans believe women should carry guns but aren't responsible enough to have control over their own bodies. Imagine that.

Actually, we don't give much of a damn what they do with their own bodies. It's the bodies of OTHER people being torn apart that we have a problem with.

And spare me your "I cut class the whole week we studied reproduction" argument about "not really people". If I want to discuss science on a grade-school level, I'll go talk to my 9-year-old, who is both better-informed than any leftist on this board and much cuter.

Forum List

Back