CDZ Women should embrace both owning and carrying guns as acts of personal empowerment.

So the woman in the grocery store and the woman in the car were gang members? Got it.

View attachment 189052
View attachment 189053

Didn’t know Idaho was so gang infested with pregnant women no doubt.

1 percent of all gun deaths are accidental. What's your point. Can you give us an idea of how banning bump stocks and AR style rifles would have stopped this from happening?

Oh for the love of Christ…..

The OP…remember that…tells you to feel safe by bringing a gun into the house. Clearly between the 20,000 suicides and the 1% (more than one per day is a shockingly high number by the way for an accidental death!!!!—-not to mention the injuries and disabilities inflicted by the guns) it does not. Study after study repeat the same facts. Caveats are fine and drilling down on the data is what you’re supposed to do. The fact is though that the caveats are not usually so different than our daily lives. But it never stops there…Somehow, as always with gun nuts, it becomes about the 2nd Amendment and I was pointing out the lunacy of the interpretation that you folks have when you start ignoring entire phrases in the text and rely on what you think a common means. And then the lunatic arguments about cars, swimming pools and lawn mowers ensues.

You can take statistics out of context if you wish, but you will be likely called out for doing so.

Of the total gun related deaths annually, 99% of all are done in the commission of a crime (80% of those are gang related) and the rest of that 99% is by suicide. A very few, roughly 1 per day, out of a total population of over 300,000,000 are via an actual accident. You have a 1 in more than 300,000,000 chance of being killed in an accidental gun accident. That is a fact.
There is no evidence that removing a gun from a suicidal household stops the suicide from happening anyway. There are soooooo many tools one can use to kill themselves with it would be hard to list them all.

Tell any sane human being that they should not do something (name it) because they stand a 1 in more than 300,000,000 chance that they will not survive that thing, and they would laugh in your face and do it anyway.

It is the paranoia that your side is so intent in putting into the minds of everyone that I find repulsive. Combine that with the reality that guns are the great equalizer of the weakest of us when required against the strongest, and most evil, well, your gonna get a fight.

Somehow 20,000 of them decide to use guns. I’m sure they had other means available…but they chose guns they had in their house.

As for one in 300 million, what if the world are you talking about?

Suicide is a choice it's not a crime.

But we all now how you people feel about people having choices

I’m curious. Would you sell a gun to someone who tells you that they are going to commit suicide the moment you complete the sale?

Only in the hood.

As with everything in the anti-American movement, the stats are skewed because of the HUGE NUMBER OF BLACKS AND GANG MEMBERS IN THE CITIES WHO PACK AND HUNT WITH GUNS. You remove that population, and suddenly the stats show that people who carry are much, much, much safer than anybody else.

Guess what? The people who are killing each other with guns live in areas YOU control, in areas that have strict gun control, heavy policing, intense state involvement in education and child rearing.

You people are done. It's sad we can't just slaughter you as you deserve to be slaughtered, but nobody is listening to you anymore..outside of your own, sad little cliques.

So the woman in the grocery store and the woman in the car were gang members? Got it.

View attachment 189052
View attachment 189053

Accidents happen always have always will.

Accidental gun deaths are not even a blip on the list of causes of accidental death

Except your accidental death by gunshot doesn’t happen if you don’t bring it into the house.
Sure it can.

And car accidents don't happen without cars so what is the point?

Accidents will always happen accept it and move on

I would point out that the car has multiple uses; the gun has one….how the only reason we call it an “accident” is because of who the gun shoots at; if it hits someone else, it’s homicide…etc… But what is the point really?

A table saw has only one use yet there are more table saw accidents than gun accidents

The fact that there are accidents has nothing to do with the tool being used and everything to do with the person so if you want a world with no accidents start by getting rid of the people you first.

Facts are not your friends on this one either. Sorry.

Again, because you say so is not an argument.

See 3/5 compromise for just one example.

You know that got repealed, right? Want to repeal the 2nd, get working on it. I for one would actually love a constitutional convention.

And….

The point is you said they (the framers) treated everyone the same. I have demonstrated two instances where they did not.

Actually, you talked about the Constitution's treatment of citizens, and then you brought up the 3/5 compromise, which is odd, since the 3/5 compromise specifically dealt with people who were NOT citizens.

And NOW your'e talking about "treating everyone the same". Shifting goalposts. Are we talking about "everyone", or citizens? Pick one.

Daft response….60% of the slaves were considered citizens…perhaps you should research it.

Only in the hood.

As with everything in the anti-American movement, the stats are skewed because of the HUGE NUMBER OF BLACKS AND GANG MEMBERS IN THE CITIES WHO PACK AND HUNT WITH GUNS. You remove that population, and suddenly the stats show that people who carry are much, much, much safer than anybody else.

Guess what? The people who are killing each other with guns live in areas YOU control, in areas that have strict gun control, heavy policing, intense state involvement in education and child rearing.

You people are done. It's sad we can't just slaughter you as you deserve to be slaughtered, but nobody is listening to you anymore..outside of your own, sad little cliques.

View attachment 189052
View attachment 189053

Accidental gun deaths are not even a blip on the list of causes of accidental death

Except your accidental death by gunshot doesn’t happen if you don’t bring it into the house.
Sure it can.

I would point out that the car has multiple uses; the gun has one….how the only reason we call it an “accident” is because of who the gun shoots at; if it hits someone else, it’s homicide…etc… But what is the point really?

So now we're deciding the "goodness" of an item based on its multifunctionality?

And FYI, a car has only one use: propelling itself across the ground. I mean, I guess you could use it as a paperweight, but the same is true of a gun.

And we call it "an accident" based on whether or not it was intentional. For both objects, now that you mention it.

1 percent of all gun deaths are accidental. What's your point. Can you give us an idea of how banning bump stocks and AR style rifles would have stopped this from happening?

The OP…remember that…tells you to feel safe by bringing a gun into the house. Clearly between the 20,000 suicides and the 1% (more than one per day is a shockingly high number by the way for an accidental death!!!!—-not to mention the injuries and disabilities inflicted by the guns) it does not. Study after study repeat the same facts. Caveats are fine and drilling down on the data is what you’re supposed to do. The fact is though that the caveats are not usually so different than our daily lives. But it never stops there…Somehow, as always with gun nuts, it becomes about the 2nd Amendment and I was pointing out the lunacy of the interpretation that you folks have when you start ignoring entire phrases in the text and rely on what you think a common means. And then the lunatic arguments about cars, swimming pools and lawn mowers ensues.

You can take statistics out of context if you wish, but you will be likely called out for doing so.

Of the total gun related deaths annually, 99% of all are done in the commission of a crime (80% of those are gang related) and the rest of that 99% is by suicide. A very few, roughly 1 per day, out of a total population of over 300,000,000 are via an actual accident. You have a 1 in more than 300,000,000 chance of being killed in an accidental gun accident. That is a fact.
There is no evidence that removing a gun from a suicidal household stops the suicide from happening anyway. There are soooooo many tools one can use to kill themselves with it would be hard to list them all.

Tell any sane human being that they should not do something (name it) because they stand a 1 in more than 300,000,000 chance that they will not survive that thing, and they would laugh in your face and do it anyway.

It is the paranoia that your side is so intent in putting into the minds of everyone that I find repulsive. Combine that with the reality that guns are the great equalizer of the weakest of us when required against the strongest, and most evil, well, your gonna get a fight.

Somehow 20,000 of them decide to use guns. I’m sure they had other means available…but they chose guns they had in their house.

I’m curious. Would you sell a gun to someone who tells you that they are going to commit suicide the moment you complete the sale?

I don't sell my guns.

And I would have no way of knowing if a person was going to commit suicide

Only in the hood.

View attachment 189052
View attachment 189053

Yeah, and my accidental death by slipping in the bathtub and hitting my head doesn't happen if I never bathe.

What's your damned point? I'm supposed to live my life covered in bubble wrap and using kindergarten safety scissors, because if I never allow myself around anything remotely dangerous, nothing bad will ever happen?

Or, y'know, I could accept a reasonable amount of risk and exercise a reasonable amount of caution, like a grown-up.

I’ve mentioned it 12 times already….feel free to go back and try to comprehend.

"Mentioning" isn't the same as making sense. To feel free to go back and try to make sense, and perhaps then people will be able to comprehend you.

View attachment 189052
View attachment 189053

Sure it can.

A table saw has only one use yet there are more table saw accidents than gun accidents

The fact that there are accidents has nothing to do with the tool being used and everything to do with the person so if you want a world with no accidents start by getting rid of the people you first.

So quote for us the number of deaths due to table saws vs. guns. Anyone committing suicide via Ryobi?

Again, because you say so is not an argument.

You know that got repealed, right? Want to repeal the 2nd, get working on it. I for one would actually love a constitutional convention.

And….

The point is you said they (the framers) treated everyone the same. I have demonstrated two instances where they did not.

Actually, you talked about the Constitution's treatment of citizens, and then you brought up the 3/5 compromise, which is odd, since the 3/5 compromise specifically dealt with people who were NOT citizens.

And NOW your'e talking about "treating everyone the same". Shifting goalposts. Are we talking about "everyone", or citizens? Pick one.

Daft response….60% of the slaves were considered citizens…perhaps you should research it.

According to whom? And no, I will not be "researching" your unsubstantiated assertions. Either cite your source, or I will simply assume that your source is your own ass, from whence you pulled this.

I don't sell my guns.

Re-read the question and answer it.

Only in the hood.

View attachment 189052
View attachment 189053

Yeah, and my accidental death by slipping in the bathtub and hitting my head doesn't happen if I never bathe.

What's your damned point? I'm supposed to live my life covered in bubble wrap and using kindergarten safety scissors, because if I never allow myself around anything remotely dangerous, nothing bad will ever happen?

Or, y'know, I could accept a reasonable amount of risk and exercise a reasonable amount of caution, like a grown-up.

You don't have sufficient grasp of the language to communicate with adults, I'm afraid.

And….

According to whom? And no, I will not be "researching" your unsubstantiated assertions. Either cite your source, or I will simply assume that your source is your own ass, from whence you pulled this.

The fraction 3/5 is 60%.

Sure it can.

So quote for us the number of deaths due to table saws vs. guns. Anyone committing suicide via Ryobi?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/230811645_Unusual_suicide_using_a_table_saw

View attachment 189052
View attachment 189053

"Mentioning" isn't the same as making sense.

As you have demonstrated.

Synopsis…stats show you’re less safe with a gun in the house. The OP is a failure. That being said, buy as many guns as you want.

I don't sell my guns.

I did answer it.

I don't sell my guns to anyone so your hypothetical is invalid.

Sure it can.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/230811645_Unusual_suicide_using_a_table_saw

Show us 19,000 more yearly, and I’ll be with you on banning table saws.

So I see the gun grabbers on this thread are no longer even pretending their desire to remove guns from regular, law abiding people in Casper WY has anything to do with anything..now we're pretending that gun grabbing will prevent suicide?

What horseshit. Bullets first. Come and get them.

Sure it can.

Show us 19,000 more yearly, and I’ll be with you on banning table saws.

I really don't care if a person commits suicide as I said it is a choice people should be free to make

I don't sell my guns.

I did answer it.

he he he….Typical gun nut response.

Should someone who sells guns sell to someone who tells them, point blank, that the moment they get it, they are going to blow their brains out? There, happy?

I don't sell my guns.

I did answer it.

Should someone who sells guns sell to someone who tells them, point blank, that the moment they get it, they are going to blow their brains out? There, happy?

Why would I have a problem with that?

Suicide is a choice and I respect other people's choices

I don't sell my guns.

I did answer it.

Why would I have a problem with that?

Suicide is a choice and I respect other people’s choices

Would you agree that someone who is contemplating suicide is not mentally healthy?

Forum List

Back