CDZ Women should embrace both owning and carrying guns as acts of personal empowerment.

In my 68 years on this earth I have lived in the country, in a small town and in a large city. I have lived alone and with my family. I have walked through the city alone at 3:00 am and at no time have I ever felt the need to own a gun.

I have never been attacked or robbed, except our house was broken into once when we went to the cottage. The thief stole my husband’s pot plants. The expensive camera sitting on the shelf beside them was left behind.

If you own a gun, you have a 250% greater chance of being shot than if you don’t own a gun. If guns kept you safe, Americans would be the safest people in the world. Instead, theirs in the least safe country in the first world.

The 250% chance you speak of is only if that house is owned by a gang member or someone involved in criminal activity or if you are suicidal.

For everyone else the odds of being killed by a gun in your house on any given day?

1 in 300,000,000

Promoting paranoia is shameful

Again, the lack of source material is quite telling.

2017: 505 accidental gun deaths

2017: 326,000,000 estimated population in U.S.

Gun violence in the United States - Wikipedia

U.S. Population (2018) - Worldometers

Nuff said

If you aren’t a gang member, in the committing a crime or committing suicide, the odds of dying be gun?

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

It was 1 in 300,000,000 (which is nuts); now it's 1.55 in 3 Billion??? (which is clinically insane). Much like the author of the nonsense.

You correctly pointed out the additional zero.

1.55 per 300,000,000 is the correct odds.

So, let’s test how paranoid you should be.

A prisoner of war is called to the prison office.

The commander is holding an envelope and tells you to pick a number between 1 and 300,000,000.

If you pick the one number in the envelope you die, pick any other, you go free.

How paranoid are you when picking the number? Here’s a clue. You’d be packing your bags for home. The chances of picking the number is so low to be laughable.

As is your argument

Last edited:
Then stop it. Unless you want women shot:
So Charles Branas‘s team at the University of Pennsylvania analysed 677 shootings over two-and-a-half years to discover whether victims were carrying at the time, and compared them to other Philly residents of similar age, sex and ethnicity. The team also accounted for other potentially confounding differences, such as the socioeconomic status of their neighbourhood.
{snip}
So Charles Branas‘s team at the University of Pennsylvania analysed 677 shootings over two-and-a-half years to discover whether victims were carrying at the time, and compared them to other Philly residents of similar age, sex and ethnicity. The team also accounted for other potentially confounding differences, such as the socioeconomic status of their neighbourhood.
{snip}
Overall, Branas’s study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.
Statistics don't lie. Liars lie with statistics. No hint of study funding, purpose, or methodology is what easily separates your every day BSing propagandist from someone simply offering some genuinely helpful scientific study results.

{snip}
Overall, Branas’s study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.
Statistics don't lie. Liars lie with statistics. No hint of study funding, purpose, or methodology is what easily separates your every day BSing propagandist from someone simply offering some genuinely helpful scientific study results.

Moron......gang members carrying guns to shoot other gang members are going to get shot by gang members you doofus.....

anti gun extremists who use statistics to lie....lie.....

Dumb ass.....

FLAWS IN STUDY OF FIREARM POSSESSION AND RISK FOR ASSAULT

The study by Branas et al.1 contains errors in design and execution that make it difficult to determine the meaning of their findings.

Their study assessed risk for being assaulted and then shot, a compound outcome event whose second element (being shot) is not inevitable given the first (being assaulted). Persons who were assaulted but not shot are not studied. We do not know whether any association between firearm possession and their outcome measure applies to assault, to being shot given an assault, or both.

The study does not control for time and place. The authors invoke stray bullets to argue that residents of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, are at equal risk for being shot, no matter where they are and what they are doing. This ignores the fact that violence is not randomly distributed and is unfair to Philadelphia.

The control group is inappropriate, as was probably guaranteed by its selection from all adult Philadelphians. There were large differences between case participants and control participants in prior criminal history and alcohol or drug involvement, all of which influence gun-carrying behavior and risk for violent victimization.

Personal and geographic differences compounded one another: 83% of shootings occurred outdoors, yet while those shootings were occuring, 91% of control participants, arguably at lower risk already for personal reasons, were indoors. A list could easily be made of likely differences between case participants and control participants that were not addressed.

The problems with geography and control selection are not insurmountable. A classic study of alcohol use among adult pedestrian fatalities in Manhattan enrolled the first 4 pedestrians reaching the site where the fatality occurred “on a subsequent date, but on the same day of the week and at a time as close as possible to the exact time of day of the accident [italics retained]”2(p657) as control participants for each case participant.

Branas et al. have omitted critical detail from their results. Assaults can be independent of any prior relationship between perpetrator and victim—a would-be robber spies a prospect emerging from a bar—or can occur in the context of, and perhaps because of, some prior relationship. The association between gun possession and risk of being assaulted or shot may differ greatly between these 2 types of encounters. Attacks by strangers are common, accounting for 50.5% of robberies and aggravated assaults reported by males and 34.7% of those reported by females.3 The authors should present separate results for assaults independent of and related to prior personal involvement between victims and shooters.

We all know this, but theses boobs don’t care.

They want to increase the odds of the rapists.

It won't happen if you don't do something stupid.

If you want to know how to safety handle a firearm then join the NRA. They are the largest gun safety organization in the world. They have all kinds of gun safety classes. You will have no excuse then.
Even if you aren't quite "normal"?

You mean like somebody that voted for Obama and Crooked Hillary?
Oh, jeez, don't forget the Orange Clown!

Making America great again is only considered not normal by the extreme far Left. Better known as Democrats.
I make that set larger. We're called independents. We outnumber both disgusting, corporate owned parties, btw. And we're growing...

I suspect most Independents like tax cuts, the border being secured, better trade deals, less regulations and having that swamp drained. If not they are idiots and should just go and join the Democrat Party, which we all know is the party of morons nowadays.

In my 68 years on this earth I have lived in the country, in a small town and in a large city. I have lived alone and with my family. I have walked through the city alone at 3:00 am and at no time have I ever felt the need to own a gun.

I have never been attacked or robbed, except our house was broken into once when we went to the cottage. The thief stole my husband’s pot plants. The expensive camera sitting on the shelf beside them was left behind.

If you own a gun, you have a 250% greater chance of being shot than if you don’t own a gun. If guns kept you safe, Americans would be the safest people in the world. Instead, theirs in the least safe country in the first world.

The 250% chance you speak of is only if that house is owned by a gang member or someone involved in criminal activity or if you are suicidal.

For everyone else the odds of being killed by a gun in your house on any given day?

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

If you aren’t a gang member, in the committing a crime or committing suicide, the odds of dying be gun?

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

It was 1 in 300,000,000 (which is nuts); now it's 1.55 in 3 Billion??? (which is clinically insane). Much like the author of the nonsense.

The commander is holding an envelope and tells you to pick a number between 1 and 300,000,000.

If you pick the one number in the envelope you die, pick any other, you go free.

How paranoid are you when picking the number? Here’s a clue. You’d be packing your bags for home. The chances of picking the number is so low to be laughable.

As is your argument

Again, not sure where you're getting the odds.
Making the nonsensical assumption that the only people who own guns (and as a result die from accidental gun deaths) are in crime infested areas is pretty stupid as well
And you cannot rule out the suicides just because it makes your moronic statistics look worse..

Even if you aren't quite "normal"?

You mean like somebody that voted for Obama and Crooked Hillary?
Oh, jeez, don't forget the Orange Clown!

Making America great again is only considered not normal by the extreme far Left. Better known as Democrats.
I make that set larger. We're called independents. We outnumber both disgusting, corporate owned parties, btw. And we're growing...

I suspect most Independents like tax cuts, the border being secured, better trade deals, less regulations and having that swamp drained. If not they are idiots and should just go and join the Democrat Party, which we all know is the party of morons nowadays.

The DJIA which Trump and his sick supporters tout all the time actually doubled under Obama--it rose 149% during the time of so called "crippling regulations" and the hangover from Bush's Great Recession. We're about to get into a trade war with China which even your messiah says will hurt farmers.

upload_2018-4-21_21-49-38.png

{snip}
{snip}

{snip}

Moron......gang members carrying guns to shoot other gang members are going to get shot by gang members you doofus.....

anti gun extremists who use statistics to lie....lie.....

Dumb ass.....

FLAWS IN STUDY OF FIREARM POSSESSION AND RISK FOR ASSAULT

The study by Branas et al.1 contains errors in design and execution that make it difficult to determine the meaning of their findings.

Their study assessed risk for being assaulted and then shot, a compound outcome event whose second element (being shot) is not inevitable given the first (being assaulted). Persons who were assaulted but not shot are not studied. We do not know whether any association between firearm possession and their outcome measure applies to assault, to being shot given an assault, or both.

The study does not control for time and place. The authors invoke stray bullets to argue that residents of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, are at equal risk for being shot, no matter where they are and what they are doing. This ignores the fact that violence is not randomly distributed and is unfair to Philadelphia.

The control group is inappropriate, as was probably guaranteed by its selection from all adult Philadelphians. There were large differences between case participants and control participants in prior criminal history and alcohol or drug involvement, all of which influence gun-carrying behavior and risk for violent victimization.

Personal and geographic differences compounded one another: 83% of shootings occurred outdoors, yet while those shootings were occuring, 91% of control participants, arguably at lower risk already for personal reasons, were indoors. A list could easily be made of likely differences between case participants and control participants that were not addressed.

The problems with geography and control selection are not insurmountable. A classic study of alcohol use among adult pedestrian fatalities in Manhattan enrolled the first 4 pedestrians reaching the site where the fatality occurred “on a subsequent date, but on the same day of the week and at a time as close as possible to the exact time of day of the accident [italics retained]”2(p657) as control participants for each case participant.

Branas et al. have omitted critical detail from their results. Assaults can be independent of any prior relationship between perpetrator and victim—a would-be robber spies a prospect emerging from a bar—or can occur in the context of, and perhaps because of, some prior relationship. The association between gun possession and risk of being assaulted or shot may differ greatly between these 2 types of encounters. Attacks by strangers are common, accounting for 50.5% of robberies and aggravated assaults reported by males and 34.7% of those reported by females.3 The authors should present separate results for assaults independent of and related to prior personal involvement between victims and shooters.

We all know this, but theses boobs don’t care.

They want to increase the odds of the rapists.

:fu:

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

Wow...did that hurt when you pulled that number out of your ass....since no research actually shows that as being true, factual or based in reality....

Do you know that each rape, robbery and murder victim believed the exact same thing you believe....until they are raped, robbed or murdered?

Do you understand that Britain has banned and confiscated guns......and their gun crime rate has increased every year? It was up 23% across England and Wales...up 42% in London and up 30% in Yorkshire.....do you fucking understand that?

Do you understand that Sweden has gone from the Swedish Bikini team to the land of guns and grenades? Do you understand that?

Do you understand that criminals in France get fully automatic military rifles so easily, they are status symbols for them?

And as more Americans own and carry guns....?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Do YOU understand that the murder rates in the US are 7 times those of the nearest first world country and no it’s not just inner city criminals.

Do YOU realize that in other countries, they count simple assaults that the US doesn’t even keep track of, as violent crimes?

Do YOU understand that more Americans in the US have been killed by guns in the past 30 years than in all of the wars in the past 100 years.

There is no way that you can frame the numbers to show the US is safer because of the availability of guns.

Gun are NOT keeping you safe.

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

Wow...did that hurt when you pulled that number out of your ass....since no research actually shows that as being true, factual or based in reality....

Do you know that each rape, robbery and murder victim believed the exact same thing you believe....until they are raped, robbed or murdered?

Do you understand that Britain has banned and confiscated guns......and their gun crime rate has increased every year? It was up 23% across England and Wales...up 42% in London and up 30% in Yorkshire.....do you fucking understand that?

Do you understand that Sweden has gone from the Swedish Bikini team to the land of guns and grenades? Do you understand that?

Do you understand that criminals in France get fully automatic military rifles so easily, they are status symbols for them?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Do YOU understand that the murder rates in the US are 7 times those of the nearest first world country and no it’s not just inner city criminals.

Do YOU realize that in other countries, they count simple assaults that the US doesn’t even keep track of, as violent crimes?

Do YOU understand that more Americans in the US have been killed by guns in the past 30 years than in all of the wars in the past 100 years.

There is no way that you can frame the numbers to show the US is safer because of the availability of guns.

Yes....it is inner city criminals.....

No....more Americans haven't been killed by guns than in all the wars in American history....in order to get even close you have to include gun suicide.....and since Japan, china and korea have extreme gun control, only cops and criminals can have guns in those countries, they have higher suicide rates than we do.......so guns are not the issue....making your point a stupid point...also...

Fact Check, Gun Control and Suicide

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world. According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.

Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).

Secondly, gun ownership rates in France and Canada are not low, as is implied in the Post article. The rate of gun ownership in the U. S. is indeed high at 88.8 guns/100 residents, but gun ownership rates are also among the world’s highest in the other countries cited. Gun ownership rates in these countries are are as follows: Australia, 15, Canada, 30.8, France, 31.2, and UK 6.2 per 100 residents. (3,4) Gun ownership rates in Saudia Arabia are comparable to that in Canada and France, with 37.8 guns per 100 Saudi residents, yet the lowest suicide rate in the world is in Saudia Arabia (0.3 suicides per 100,000).

Third, recent statistics in the state of Florida show that nearly one third of the guns used in suicides are obtained illegally, putting these firearm deaths beyond control through gun laws.(5)

Fourth, the primary factors affecting suicide rates are personal stresses, cultural, economic, religious factors and demographics. According to the WHO statistics, the highest rates of suicide in the world are in the Republic of Korea, with 36.8 suicides per 100,000, but India, Japan, Russia, and Hungary all have rates above 20 per 100,000; roughly twice as high as the U.S. and the four countries that are the basis for the Post’s calculation that gun control would reduce U.S. suicide rates by 20 to 38 percent. Lebanon, Oman, and Iraq all have suicide rates below 1.1 per 100,000 people--less than 1/10 the suicide rate in the U. S., and Afghanistan, Algeria, Jamaica, Haiti, and Egypt have low suicide rates that are below 4 per 100,000 in contrast to 13.7 suicides/100,000 in the U. S.

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Put another way:

If guns made the population safer, the US, by far, would have the fewest crimes in the history of the species since, by far, we have the most guns in the hands of We the People. Instead, we have, by far, the most violent advanced society in the history of the species. Unless you want to argue that Americans are just more homicidal than other people, you have to look at other factors. We have the same books, the same movies, the same video games, the same TV shows as other advanced nations in Europe, the Far East, Australia etc... The only other thing that we have that they do not is the 2nd Amendment.

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

To further show how innacurate that point is....According to the CDC, Americans use guns 2.4 million times a year to stop crimes...that means lives saved, rapes stopped, lives that are not ruined by violent criminals.......

so....

30 years X 2,400,000 = 72,000,000 million crimes stopped by Americans who own and carry guns....

If you figure on average 11,000 people are murdered in the United States....and that is on the high side...

11,000 X 30 = 330,000 people murdered with guns....

Now....of those who are murdered with guns 70-80% of them are other criminals, not normal, law abiding people....

So....330,000 - 80% = 66,000 innocent people over 30 years.....

cars killed 38,000 people last year ..... in two years cars will have killed more people than the innocent people murdered with guns.....

So...you point is stupid....and innaccurate...

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

As is your argument

Making the nonsensical assumption that the only people who own guns (and as a result die from accidental gun deaths) are in crime infested areas is pretty stupid as well
And you cannot rule out the suicides just because it makes your moronic statistics look worse..

You’ve seen them. But you’re an idiot, so there’s that.

When you grow up, get back to us.

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Put another way:

If guns made the population safer, the US, by far, would have the fewest crimes in the history of the species since, by far, we have the most guns in the hands of We the People. Instead, we have, by far, the most violent advanced society in the history of the species. Unless you want to argue that Americans are just more homicidal than other people, you have to look at other factors. We have the same books, the same movies, the same video games, the same TV shows as other advanced nations in Europe, the Far East, Australia etc... The only other thing that we have that they do not is the 2nd Amendment.

Our knife murder is higher than the entire murder rate in Britain...yes....our criminals are more likely to commit murder than the criminals in Britain....

But.....and you fail to acknowledge this truth....... Britain banned and confiscated guns...and their gun murder rate did not go down.........their gun crime rate keeps going up.....

Our gun murder rate went down 49%....

Here...the truth, the facts and the reality...Britain compared to the U.S....and London now has more murders than New York city....and they are about to see a murder summer like they have never seen before....

Britain...banned guns....

Yorkshire sees highest number of crimes for any county in Britain according to figures

“In particular we’re shocked to see an increase of nearly 30 per cent in weapon possession offences between 2016 and 2017.”

Crimes covered violent and sexual offences, vehicle theft, public order offences, possession of weapons, shoplifting, personal theft, drug crimes, robbery, criminal damage, bicycle thefts and anti-social behaviour.

========

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade | Daily Mail Online

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

========

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

The U.S., 600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense.......

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Put another way:

They lived through World War 2 and their society was created through feudalism...ours wasn't...and didn't......

They banned guns.....and they now have more gun crime not less.....

Sweden...the home of the Swedish bikini team is now the home of guns and grenade attacks........

You just don't get it....the welfare states have destroyed the family unit....single teenage mothers are no longer able to civilize their young males, and they have imported males from the 3rd world who do not share their values and culture...

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Put another way:

Gangs and progressives.

Yep, get rid of them and everything gets safer.

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

As is your argument

You don't have any clue what you are talking about.......none at all....

Gun murder is concentrated in tiny areas of our democrat controlled cities.......showing that gun ownership does not lead to gun murder.....

Murders in US very concentrated: 54% of US counties in 2014 had zero murders, 2% of counties have 51% of the murders - Crime Prevention Research Center

In 2014, the most recent year that a county level breakdown is available, 54% of counties (with 11% of the population) have no murders. 69% of counties have no more than one murder, and about 20% of the population. These counties account for only 4% of all murders in the country.

The worst 1% of counties have 19% of the population and 37% of the murders. The worst 5% of counties contain 47% of the population and account for 68% of murders. As shown in figure 2, over half of murders occurred in only 2% of counties.

Murders actually used to be even more concentrated. From 1977 to 2000, on average 73 percent of counties in any give year had zero murders. Possibly, this change is a result of the opioid epidemic’s spread to more rural areas. But that question is beyond the scope of this study. Lott’s book “More Guns, Less Crime” showed how dramatically counties within states vary dramatically with respect to murder and other violent crime rates.
---

Breaking down the most dangerous counties in Figure 2 shows over half the murders occur in just 2% of the counties, 37% in just the worst 1% of the counties.

------

Even within the Counties with the murders, the murders are heavily Concentrated within those counties
When you look at individual counties with a high number of murders, you find large areas with few murders. Take Los Angeles County, with 526 murders in 2014, the most of any county in the US. The county has virtually no murders in the northwestern part of the county. There was only one murder each in Beverly Hills, Hawthorne, and Van Nuys. Clearly, different parts of the county face very different risks of murder.
-------------------

The map below shows the distribution of murders in Indianapolis, with 135 murders. Although the city extends well beyond the 465 Highway that encircles downtown Indianapolis, there are only four murders outside of that loop. The northern half of the city within 465 also has relatively few murders.

------

Washington, DC has large areas without murders. 14th Street NW divides the eastern and western parts of the district, with murders overwhelmingly limited to the eastern half. The area around the capitol is also extremely safe.

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Put another way:

We live in a violent world. I will protect myself and my family from the scum of the world.

Question remains why you desire women to be more vulnerable to rapists?

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

As is your argument

You’ve seen them. But you’re an idiot, so there’s that.

Show us the math; Thats what adults do.

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

To further show how innacurate that point is....According to the CDC, Americans use guns 2.4 million times a year to stop crimes...that means lives saved, rapes stopped, lives that are not ruined by violent criminals.......

so....

30 years X 2,400,000 = 72,000,000 million crimes stopped by Americans who own and carry guns....

:bsflag: :th_believecrap:

NARRATIVE FAIL: Newly Discovered CDC Surveys Demolish Anti-Gun Talking Points

1 in 300,000,000

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

so....

:bsflag: :th_believecrap:

The CDC did the research.... they did research from 1996-1998..... they found 2.4 million defensive gun uses by Americans.... they hid the data. The Department of Justice also researched gun self defense...they found 1.5 million defensive gun uses.....in 1995...... so tell them they are wrong....

Forum List

Back