Woohoo!! GA Gov. vetoes religious liberty bill; Muslims must bake Mohammed cake; Gays must cater too

That's right. They have to treat the customers the same. And they can't be forced to bake a homo cake for heteros either.

There's no such thing as 'homo cake'. Cake doesn't have a sexual orientation...as it doesn't have sex. Its inanimate.

There's just cake.
Yes there is. That is the entire argument. It's never been about baking a cake. It's about endorsing the behavior using the cake to do so.

Its cake. They're getting married and want a wedding cake....so they go to a place that makes and sells wedding cakes.

That's about it.

I think the issue isn't just selling a cake.

A vanilla cake is $30. A gay dude walks in and wants to buy it. Ok. No problem. Why do we even need to know he's gay unless he brings it up? Just buy the cake.

But when he comes in and say "Me and my gay boyfriend are getting married and having a gay wedding. You must attend it and cater it. I want 10 vanilla cakes served at the wedding. You will be there."

That's the difference.

If I walk into a Muslim bakery...and I despise Islam...I can still buy a cake they have on display for public purchase.

But if I'm having a party to paint pictures of Mohammed in pig blood and serve pork and hire strippers....should I be able to force Allah's Holy Bakery to cater it?

No. I shouldn't be able to force them to do that.

So if the couple is happy to pick up their cake rather than have it delivered.....you're cool?

Absolutely. If they want a custom cake with rainbow and gay symbols on it...nah. Same as how I wouldn't want a Jewish baker to make a Nazi cake or a Muslim to make a Mohammed cake.

But if a gay man walks in and orders 10 standard cakes for a wedding? I'm ok with the law saying you can't deny the standard product you sell to everyone else out of the store.

Custom cakes and attending events....that should be a choice.

A Guy Walked Into a Muslim Bakery and Ordered a Gay Wedding Cake...

A man in Dearborn, Michigan went to multiple Muslim bakeries to order gay wedding cakes. They told him no.

Did I miss the parade of fags in Dearborn trying to shut them down???

Liberals....how is it you all somehow missed these bigoted homo phobic bakeries in Dearborn?

Until you all swarm them....I can't take this issue seriously as anything other than just a way to fuck with Christians.

And what is Michigan's PA laws regarding sexual orientation?

Good !!!! let the whining and crying commence

Atlanta (CNN)Under increasing pressure from major corporations that do business in Georgia, Gov. Nathan Deal announced Monday he will veto a bill that critics say would have curtailed the rights of Georgia's LGBT community.

House Bill 757 would have given faith-based organizations in Georgia the option to deny services and jobs to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. Supporters said the measure was meant to protect religious freedom, while opponents have described it as "anti-LGBT" and "appalling."

Georgia governor to veto LGBT bill - CNN.com

This is another reason why the far left is more dangerous than ISIS!
looks like you thumpers are being clocked at every turn

There's no such thing as 'homo cake'. Cake doesn't have a sexual orientation...as it doesn't have sex. Its inanimate.

There's just cake.
Yes there is. That is the entire argument. It's never been about baking a cake. It's about endorsing the behavior using the cake to do so.

Its cake. They're getting married and want a wedding cake....so they go to a place that makes and sells wedding cakes.

That's about it.

I think the issue isn't just selling a cake.

A vanilla cake is $30. A gay dude walks in and wants to buy it. Ok. No problem. Why do we even need to know he's gay unless he brings it up? Just buy the cake.

But when he comes in and say "Me and my gay boyfriend are getting married and having a gay wedding. You must attend it and cater it. I want 10 vanilla cakes served at the wedding. You will be there."

That's the difference.

If I walk into a Muslim bakery...and I despise Islam...I can still buy a cake they have on display for public purchase.

But if I'm having a party to paint pictures of Mohammed in pig blood and serve pork and hire strippers....should I be able to force Allah's Holy Bakery to cater it?

No. I shouldn't be able to force them to do that.

So if the couple is happy to pick up their cake rather than have it delivered.....you're cool?

Absolutely. If they want a custom cake with rainbow and gay symbols on it...nah. Same as how I wouldn't want a Jewish baker to make a Nazi cake or a Muslim to make a Mohammed cake.

But if a gay man walks in and orders 10 standard cakes for a wedding? I'm ok with the law saying you can't deny the standard product you sell to everyone else out of the store.

Custom cakes and attending events....that should be a choice.

Where did the couple in Oregon who went to Sweet Cakes and order a cake.....insist that the baker 'cater their wedding'?

Atlanta (CNN)Under increasing pressure from major corporations that do business in Georgia, Gov. Nathan Deal announced Monday he will veto a bill that critics say would have curtailed the rights of Georgia's LGBT community.

House Bill 757 would have given faith-based organizations in Georgia the option to deny services and jobs to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. Supporters said the measure was meant to protect religious freedom, while opponents have described it as "anti-LGBT" and "appalling."

Left are completely insane, more as 80% are either psychopaths or schizophrenic.
You can compare:

LGBT is sex of lefts.
Straight sex is one of normal people
Lefts love Islam.
Normal people despise this sadistic teaching.

Or here, 'art' of left:

pablo-picassos-influence-on-modern-art-in-bri-l-uv0w63.jpeg

And art of sane folks.

temp2.0x0.jpg

Two woman, two differences.

So are brains of lefts and sane people.

looks like you thumpers are being clocked at every turn

No you far left drones make bible thumpers look as if they are the most open minded people on the planet!

Woohoo!!! Freedom won....err....didn't win. Fuck it...something won.

GA Governor vetoes the Religious Liberty bill which would've granted businesses the right to NOT do things that violate their religious beliefs. Ya I know....bigots.

SO....liberals....lets celebrate:

Muslim bakeries in Atlanta?? Yes. They will have to bake me a Mohammed cake now. With his pet pig too.
Gay bakeries in Savnnah....will have to cater my AIDS Appreciation Festival. Right??
Or...the local gay protestant church...will have to rent their banquet hall to me for my rainbow flag shredding competiton....complete with a contest to see who can toss a gay mannequin the farthest off the building!
If a mosque rents out its banquet hall....I'll be renting it for my 1st annual Mohammed Costume & Best Bacon and BBQ contest. And they'll have no choice but allow it.

Right libs? Is that how this thing works???

No. Surely this shit wouldn't force a private group to allow such disgraceful and insulting offenses against a person's beliefs. RIGHT??
Why is it so important to you that alleged "Christians" have the 'right' to mete out petty discrimination and unwarranted humiliations?

I have never hear my minister admonish the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals/ When did this become an essential tenet of Christianity?

Here, all along, I have been taught that Christianity is a faith of love and forgiveness. When did discrimination against homosexuals become the "Christian ting to do"?

it's your hell goyim you burn in it

LGBT completely will burn in Hell.If you Jews do not believe in is not my business.

gee a not to bright goy, Psalms were in the Hebrew bible and has nothing to do with you ignorant goyim , please don't project you pagan religion on others , btw how is you dead man god doing?

GA Governor vetoes the Religious Liberty bill which would've granted businesses the right to NOT do things that violate their religious beliefs. Ya I know....bigots.

Muslim bakeries in Atlanta?? Yes. They will have to bake me a Mohammed cake now. With his pet pig too.
Gay bakeries in Savnnah....will have to cater my AIDS Appreciation Festival. Right??
Or...the local gay protestant church...will have to rent their banquet hall to me for my rainbow flag shredding competiton....complete with a contest to see who can toss a gay mannequin the farthest off the building!
If a mosque rents out its banquet hall....I'll be renting it for my 1st annual Mohammed Costume & Best Bacon and BBQ contest. And they'll have no choice but allow it.

No. Surely this shit wouldn't force a private group to allow such disgraceful and insulting offenses against a person's beliefs. RIGHT??
Why is it so important to you that alleged "Christians" have the 'right' to mete out petty discrimination and unwarranted humiliations?

The same reason they try so hard to get religion taught as science in schools: they want belief to be a standard of the law, with their beliefs elevated above civil law, science, everything.

Its a half assed sovereign citizen argument using religious beliefs as the basis for making laws voluntary. And of course, to grant them legal justification for discrimination that would be illegal otherwise.

Generally speaking, most conservative's conception of liberty is centered around treating others like pieces of shit.

The governor of GA must have really pissed you off. :laugh:

I'm a bit disappointed and relieved at the same time. Georgia needs the revenue, and it's pathetic to see big corporations use their monetary power to influence the political process (Psssst! Liberals! Isn't that something you hate?).

I remember when tolerance used to be a thing; when both sides were required to exercise it and just not one. But I guess that time has passed.
Tolerance of intolerance is stupid.

'Homofascists'? They're ordering a cake from people that sell cakes.

If selling cakes conflicts with your religious beliefs, then you probably shouldn't sell cakes for a living. I'd give the same advice to the Buddhist considering working at the slaughter house.

Not exactly an appropriate comparison. It's not the selling of cakes, it's the selling of a cake for one particular purpose, which is a celebration of something said people find morally repugnant.

Its a job where that scenario is predictable and foreseeable. If your religion prevents that, find a job that is compatible with your religion.

They don't reschedule the super bowl because working on Sundays was against Steve Young's religion.

"Bake or else". It's a far cry from "Give me liberty or give me death".

I don't see why Christians insist that they should be immune from generally applicable laws if they disagree with them.

And why are conservative conceptions of 'liberty' so often tied to treating other people like pieces of shit?

Why should a person with the talent and passion for baking, or photography, be forced to give it up just because they don't want to work for one particular type of customer, especially when it involves a non-necessary service that is easily obtainable elsewhere?

Because they can't act within the requirements of the law and treat their customers in a manner consistent with the minimum business practices required by their state.

And intra state commerce is undeniably within the authority of a State to regulate.

Again, being Christian doesn't make you immune to any law you disagree with. It never has.
The law can't force people to abandon their faith. The law prevents businesses from denying service because of someone's condition or religion but it can't force the acquiescence to behavior or religion either. You can't force a muslim to pray to Jesus and use religious freedom as the reason.
The law isnt forcing people to abandon their faith. Its just forcing them to exercise it within the confines of the law. Once they go public they can't use their faith to break the law.

He didn't have a lot of choice, economically, did he?

You see, a LOT of the people in this country think Christians have the right to live as they wish, but not to tell others how to live and to pass judgment on them. That's the line.

Yeah...so if they don't want to bake a wedding cake against their religion...you want them locked up...left wing tolerance...one day you will be in their crosshairs and I will laugh the whole time......

He didn't have a lot of choice, economically, did he?

You see, a LOT of the people in this country think Christians have the right to live as they wish, but not to tell others how to live and to pass judgment on them. That's the line.

Yeah...so if they don't want to bake a wedding cake against their religion...you want them locked up...left wing tolerance...one day you will be in their crosshairs and I will laugh the whole time......
They dont get locked up. They just get fined or their business shut down. Please stop whining.

Your vast amounts of ignorance and hatred for Americans continues to amaze me.

As always though out America- a business cannot refuse to do business with you because you are Christian or Muslim or Jewish.

And can't refuse to do business with you because you are black or Mexican or Polish.

But a business can refuse to sell you your KKK cake. And can refuse to sell you your "Celebrate Black Slavery" cake. And can refuse to sell you your "We love the Holocaust" cake.

But maybe your church does celebrate Easter by throwing gay mannequins out the window- go ahead and make that claim. Be sure to post the video's on Youtube of your church celebrations....

I have never hear my minister admonish the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals/ When did this become an essential tenet of Christianity?

Here, all along, I have been taught that Christianity is a faith of love and forgiveness. When did discrimination against homosexuals become the "Christian ting to do"?
My preacher preaches hate the sin, love the sinner but he would not marry a gay couple.

A man in Dearborn, Michigan went to multiple Muslim bakeries to order gay wedding cakes. They told him no.

Liberals....how is it you all somehow missed these bigoted homo phobic bakeries in Dearborn?

Until you all swarm them....I can't take this issue seriously as anything other than just a way to fuck with Christians.

I haven't read Michigan's laws. Should it matter?? Liberals are swarming all over the country when someone dares deny any level of service to gays.

Except when Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan do it.

I'll take their gripe seriously once they march in Dearborn. Not before that.

My preacher preaches hate the sin, love the sinner but he would not marry a gay couple.
There's no question about officiating a same sex marriage. The question is about commerce, wedding vendors and whether or not they have a right to mete out discrimination based on dogma.

I haven't read Michigan's laws. Should it matter?? Liberals are swarming all over the country when someone dares deny any level of service to gays.

In a discussion about the law, absolutely.

Forum List

Back