Woohoo!! GA Gov. vetoes religious liberty bill; Muslims must bake Mohammed cake; Gays must cater too

A Guy Walked Into a Muslim Bakery and Ordered a Gay Wedding Cake...

A man in Dearborn, Michigan went to multiple Muslim bakeries to order gay wedding cakes. They told him no.

Did I miss the parade of fags in Dearborn trying to shut them down???

Liberals....how is it you all somehow missed these bigoted homo phobic bakeries in Dearborn?

Until you all swarm them....I can't take this issue seriously as anything other than just a way to fuck with Christians.

And what is Michigan's PA laws regarding sexual orientation?

I haven't read Michigan's laws. Should it matter?? Liberals are swarming all over the country when someone dares deny any level of service to gays.

In a discussion about the law, absolutely.

Liberals are in an outrage that Geogia almost passed a law allowing discrimination against gays and that NC did just pass one.

So....in Michigan....they either already have a law allowing Muslim bakers in Dearborn to discriminate against gays...or...they don't and Muslim bakers are doing it anyway. (Both circumstances should generate outrage right?)

Law or not....where are the liberals protesting in Dearborn and trying to sue or shutdown these Muslim bakeries?

Seriously. Just an explanation of WHY these Muslim bakers are exempt from the wrath??

He didn't have a lot of choice, economically, did he?

You see, a LOT of the people in this country think Christians have the right to live as they wish, but not to tell others how to live and to pass judgment on them. That's the line.
Georgia governor to veto LGBT bill - CNN.com

Woohoo!!! Freedom won....err....didn't win. Fuck it...something won.

GA Governor vetoes the Religious Liberty bill which would've granted businesses the right to NOT do things that violate their religious beliefs. Ya I know....bigots.

SO....liberals....lets celebrate:

Muslim bakeries in Atlanta?? Yes. They will have to bake me a Mohammed cake now. With his pet pig too.
Gay bakeries in Savnnah....will have to cater my AIDS Appreciation Festival. Right??
Or...the local gay protestant church...will have to rent their banquet hall to me for my rainbow flag shredding competiton....complete with a contest to see who can toss a gay mannequin the farthest off the building!
If a mosque rents out its banquet hall....I'll be renting it for my 1st annual Mohammed Costume & Best Bacon and BBQ contest. And they'll have no choice but allow it.

Right libs? Is that how this thing works???

No. Surely this shit wouldn't force a private group to allow such disgraceful and insulting offenses against a person's beliefs. RIGHT??

Your vast amounts of ignorance and hatred for Americans continues to amaze me.

As always though out America- a business cannot refuse to do business with you because you are Christian or Muslim or Jewish.

And can't refuse to do business with you because you are black or Mexican or Polish.

But a business can refuse to sell you your KKK cake. And can refuse to sell you your "Celebrate Black Slavery" cake. And can refuse to sell you your "We love the Holocaust" cake.

But maybe your church does celebrate Easter by throwing gay mannequins out the window- go ahead and make that claim. Be sure to post the video's on Youtube of your church celebrations....

Thanks for proving you have a double standard. Most Liberals live by that rule.

You see, a LOT of the people in this country think Christians have the right to live as they wish, but not to tell others how to live and to pass judgment on them. That's the line.
no, it's really not.

We all have the right to tell each other how to live, and to pass judgement on each other. It is not against the law, and it never should be, to tell someone about one's faith.

GA Governor vetoes the Religious Liberty bill which would've granted businesses the right to NOT do things that violate their religious beliefs. Ya I know....bigots.

Muslim bakeries in Atlanta?? Yes. They will have to bake me a Mohammed cake now. With his pet pig too.
Gay bakeries in Savnnah....will have to cater my AIDS Appreciation Festival. Right??
Or...the local gay protestant church...will have to rent their banquet hall to me for my rainbow flag shredding competiton....complete with a contest to see who can toss a gay mannequin the farthest off the building!
If a mosque rents out its banquet hall....I'll be renting it for my 1st annual Mohammed Costume & Best Bacon and BBQ contest. And they'll have no choice but allow it.

No. Surely this shit wouldn't force a private group to allow such disgraceful and insulting offenses against a person's beliefs. RIGHT??

As always though out America- a business cannot refuse to do business with you because you are Christian or Muslim or Jewish.

And can't refuse to do business with you because you are black or Mexican or Polish.

But a business can refuse to sell you your KKK cake. And can refuse to sell you your "Celebrate Black Slavery" cake. And can refuse to sell you your "We love the Holocaust" cake.

But maybe your church does celebrate Easter by throwing gay mannequins out the window- go ahead and make that claim. Be sure to post the video's on Youtube of your church celebrations....

Isn't that just fucking insane? And they're so brain dead, they don't even realize how ridiculous they are.

A man in Dearborn, Michigan went to multiple Muslim bakeries to order gay wedding cakes. They told him no.

Liberals....how is it you all somehow missed these bigoted homo phobic bakeries in Dearborn?

Until you all swarm them....I can't take this issue seriously as anything other than just a way to fuck with Christians.

I haven't read Michigan's laws. Should it matter?? Liberals are swarming all over the country when someone dares deny any level of service to gays.

Liberals are in an outrage that Geogia almost passed a law allowing discrimination against gays and that NC did just pass one.

If Michigan doesn't include sexual orientation as part of their PA laws, then what laws are violated by not making a gay wedding cake in Michigan?

I think I'll get a cake today. Or some After-The-Resurrection cookies. Sugar, for or against?

I'll vote first, I'm for it.

Yes there is. That is the entire argument. It's never been about baking a cake. It's about endorsing the behavior using the cake to do so.

Its cake. They're getting married and want a wedding cake....so they go to a place that makes and sells wedding cakes.

That's about it.

I think the issue isn't just selling a cake.

A vanilla cake is $30. A gay dude walks in and wants to buy it. Ok. No problem. Why do we even need to know he's gay unless he brings it up? Just buy the cake.

But when he comes in and say "Me and my gay boyfriend are getting married and having a gay wedding. You must attend it and cater it. I want 10 vanilla cakes served at the wedding. You will be there."

That's the difference.

If I walk into a Muslim bakery...and I despise Islam...I can still buy a cake they have on display for public purchase.

But if I'm having a party to paint pictures of Mohammed in pig blood and serve pork and hire strippers....should I be able to force Allah's Holy Bakery to cater it?

No. I shouldn't be able to force them to do that.

So if the couple is happy to pick up their cake rather than have it delivered.....you're cool?

Absolutely. If they want a custom cake with rainbow and gay symbols on it...nah. Same as how I wouldn't want a Jewish baker to make a Nazi cake or a Muslim to make a Mohammed cake.

But if a gay man walks in and orders 10 standard cakes for a wedding? I'm ok with the law saying you can't deny the standard product you sell to everyone else out of the store.

Custom cakes and attending events....that should be a choice.

Where did the couple in Oregon who went to Sweet Cakes and order a cake.....insist that the baker 'cater their wedding'?

Maybe it is a regional thing. Around here the baker brings the cake to the ceremony, sets it all up and is actually present at the ceremony & reception. That is considered catering, as opposed to customers picking up cakes/sweets at the shop. This, as far as I can tell, is the big sticking point. The bakers are fine baking a wedding cake. They don't want to go to the event, as that is construed as supporting the event. IIRC, the one that was for pickup (not!catered), baker had an issue with cake toppers and offered to include the 2 same-sex figurines but asked the customer to actually put it on the top, at a discounted rate. This was deemed unacceptable and the baker was sued.

Are wedding cakes pickup in your region?

Isn't that just fucking insane? And they're so brain dead, they don't even realize how ridiculous they are.

The chastised the Christian baker that refused to do a cake for a same sex marriage citing public accommodation laws then defended a mall's banning of boxer Manny Pacquiao for stating his beliefs. Typical double standard.

Its cake. They're getting married and want a wedding cake....so they go to a place that makes and sells wedding cakes.

That's about it.

A vanilla cake is $30. A gay dude walks in and wants to buy it. Ok. No problem. Why do we even need to know he's gay unless he brings it up? Just buy the cake.

But when he comes in and say "Me and my gay boyfriend are getting married and having a gay wedding. You must attend it and cater it. I want 10 vanilla cakes served at the wedding. You will be there."

That's the difference.

If I walk into a Muslim bakery...and I despise Islam...I can still buy a cake they have on display for public purchase.

But if I'm having a party to paint pictures of Mohammed in pig blood and serve pork and hire strippers....should I be able to force Allah's Holy Bakery to cater it?

So if the couple is happy to pick up their cake rather than have it delivered.....you're cool?

Absolutely. If they want a custom cake with rainbow and gay symbols on it...nah. Same as how I wouldn't want a Jewish baker to make a Nazi cake or a Muslim to make a Mohammed cake.

But if a gay man walks in and orders 10 standard cakes for a wedding? I'm ok with the law saying you can't deny the standard product you sell to everyone else out of the store.

Where did the couple in Oregon who went to Sweet Cakes and order a cake.....insist that the baker 'cater their wedding'?

Maybe it is a regional thing. Around here the baker brings the cake to the ceremony, sets it all up and is actually present at the ceremony & reception. That is considered catering, as opposed to customers picking up cakes/sweets at the shop. This, as far as I can tell, is the big sticking point. The bakers are fine baking a wedding cake. They don't want to go to the event, as that is construed as supporting the event. IIRC, the one that was for pickup (not!catered), baker had an issue with cake toppers and offered to include the 2 same-sex figurines but asked the customer to actually put it on the top, at a discounted rate. This was deemed unacceptable and the baker was sued.

Its mix and match. But if is dropped off its usually well before the ceremony. And they don't wait at the wedding. They deliver....and the leave. Most of the time there are several weddings happening on the same day and they deliver several cakes for them.

If Michigan doesn't include sexual orientation as part of their PA laws, then what laws are violated by not making a gay wedding cake in Michigan?

Wouldn't that be bigoted if the Muslims refused (multiple DID)?

IF the law allowed these Muslims to be bigoted against gays....that's wrong. If the law doesn't allow it...obviously still wrong.

So....either Michigan's law and/or the Muslims bigoted intolerance of gays need to be protested.

Why isn't the left doing so? They found Oregon bakers and Indiana pizza shacks. They are all over the attempts by GA and NC to pass laws allowing it.

How did Dearborn, Michigan get exempted?

That's the difference.

Its mix and match. But if is dropped off its usually well before the ceremony. And they don't wait at the wedding. They deliver....and the leave. Most of the time there are several weddings happening on the same day and they deliver several cakes for them.

Even that's fine with me too.

I support the right of the business to not make anything customized that they find offensive or to actively be present during an event they don't agree with.

Other than that they should serve everyone their product.

Which again....makes me wonder how or why the lefties are letting Dearborn, Michigan's bakeries to tell gays to get the fuck out.

Absolutely. But it wouldn't be against the law.

Its the reason that the federal government generally doesn't get involved in these cases. As there is no federal protection for sexual orientation in federal PA laws. All of these cases are State laws. Which make what the State law covers immediately relevant.

And Michigan is like the federal law.

I know you've got a hard on to go on some anti-Muslim Dearborn rant.....and then tell us how we should bomb muslims until 200 million are dead, wage 'total war' against them, set up camps and the like.

But I'm discussing the law.

I think I'll get a cake today. Or some After-The-Resurrection cookies. Sugar, for or against?

I'll vote first, I'm for it.

b6e280822d3194fdadf6de3f78b9131a58b71a2200556dedf22489cf6c8beec6.jpg

Yeah...so if they don't want to bake a wedding cake against their religion...you want them locked up...left wing tolerance...one day you will be in their crosshairs and I will laugh the whole time......

The poor Judge Nasty of Harney County keeps having to shut down "community meetings" because he is afraid of the community he betrayed and doesn't want them talking to the press. Oregonian propagandist Len Zaitz has been whining for a week that he feels "threatened".

Its the reason that the federal government generally doesn't get involved in these cases. As there is no federal protection for sexual orientation in federal PA laws. All of these cases are State laws. Which make what the State law covers immediately relevant.

I know you've got a hard on to go on some anti-Muslim Dearborn rant.....and then tell us how we should bomb muslims until 200 million are dead, wage 'total war' against them, set up camps and the like.

Sure. But isn't the law irrelevant??

The act of discrimination against gays IS OCCURRING in Dearborn, Michigan bakeries. Where are the same protests we saw from the left in Oregon, Indiana, Georgia, NC??

WHY is Dearborn different? We have video evidence of bigoted bakers telling gays to get out.

That's the difference.

Interesting. That would be more profitable. They dont generally attend the church weddings in this region unless they are friends or family, because they are at the reception hall putting the cake together. A lot of weddings here are a wedding/reception combo in the same hall/civic center, so no way to avoid the wedding.

Sure. But isn't the law irrelevant??'

Haven't I already answered that exact question....like twice?

But I'm discussing the law

Sure. But isn't the law irrelevant??'

Haven't I already answered that exact question....like twice?

But I'm discussing the law

So....if the law allows it....the left is ok with bakers refusing service to gays???

Even that's fine with me too.

I support the right of the business to not make anything customized that they find offensive or to actively be present during an event they don't agree with.

Other than that they should serve everyone their product.

Which again....makes me wonder how or why the lefties are letting Dearborn, Michigan's bakeries to tell gays to get the fuck out.

I don't know. Wedding cake customization is about: cake flavor, color of frosting, type of filling, iced or ganache. It is not like a birthday cake. You dont write their names on the cake, at least, not around here. The only part of customization that might be against their religion would be the cake topper, and those are kind of out of fashion here. It is all flower petals these days.

Forum List

Back