Workers Beginning To Lose Jobs Due To Sequestration

By Amanda Terkel

WASHINGTON -- As Republican politicians insist that the Obama administration has "exaggerated" the effects of sequestration, people around the country are beginning to see for themselves what the results of the $85 billion in budget cuts are: They're losing their jobs.

Thousands of federal employees are facing unpaid time off as agencies determine that they will have to furlough workers to absorb the cuts.

But other workers -- including some in the private sector -- are losing their jobs altogether, underscoring just how much daily life for many people is tied to a functioning government.

Some examples:
More: Workers Lose Jobs As Pink Slips Go Out Due To Sequestration

And it's happening while Congress is on a two week paid break. What irony.

By Amanda Terkel

WASHINGTON -- As Republican politicians insist that the Obama administration has "exaggerated" the effects of sequestration, people around the country are beginning to see for themselves what the results of the $85 billion in budget cuts are: They're losing their jobs.

Thousands of federal employees are facing unpaid time off as agencies determine that they will have to furlough workers to absorb the cuts.

But other workers -- including some in the private sector -- are losing their jobs altogether, underscoring just how much daily life for many people is tied to a functioning government.

Some examples:

To the cheers and the absolute glee of the right wing.

:clap2:

So somehow in your little mind you came up with that??,and there isn't a single repub that works for a gov agency and they won't get a pink slip also,you clowns are a gas.

Its sucks when your broke doesn't it?? This is what happens when you spend spend spend.
and can't manage worth a shit.

If democrats can't figure out how to handle cuts of 2 cents on the dollar they have no business being in power.

By Amanda Terkel

Some examples:

To the cheers and the absolute glee of the right wing.

:clap2:

:eusa_hand:

If it makes you feel any differently, it caused a gallic shrug among independants.

:dunno:
Everyone is dispensible.

You voted him in, what did you expect? Hope and change? Well you got change.

Yes, blame the president. That's just what you people wanted. Never thought I'd see the day when people hated the president (for no good reason) more than they loved this country.

You forget the years 2001-2009? Even your very own reactions to Bush??

How soon they forget

Forget what?? That Bush started 2 wars that we couldn't afford??? That he deregulated Wall Street causing the financial crash that plunged us into the Great Recession?? Cut taxes for the wealthy which accounted for half of our public debt??? Failed miserably to efficiently handle the crisis of Katrina??

No, I didn't forget anything. There are a lot of things I remember.

Yes, blame the president. That's just what you people wanted. Never thought I'd see the day when people hated the president (for no good reason) more than they loved this country.

How soon they forget

Forget what?? That Bush started 2 wars that we couldn't afford??? That he deregulated Wall Street causing the financial crash that plunged us into the Great Recession?? Cut taxes for the wealthy which accounted for half of our public debt??? Failed miserably to efficiently handle the crisis of Katrina??

:eusa_shhh:

The fact Obama is President seems to have escaped you.

:doubt:
Higher taxes (Hope?) and more government spending (Change?).

How soon they forget

Do you actually believe all of that nonsense, or are you just being sarcastic?

How soon they forget

Its almost as if Obama hasn't really accomplished anything in 4 years, so we need to return to his '08 campaign rhetoric to find any satisfaction.

:eusa_hand:

Hell, even I'm able to parrot, "Obama Killed Bin Laden."

:eusa_eh:
You'd think Rinny could at least keep that mantra going.

By Amanda Terkel

Some examples:

If Obama really cared about this debacle, he would have been on this issue for the past year and a half....instead, he just kept kicking the can down the road. It's what happens when you don't lead

By Amanda Terkel

Some examples:

If Obama really cared about this debacle, he would have been on this issue for the past year and a half....instead, he just kept kicking the can down the road. It's what happens when you don't lead

But....but....

BOOOOOOSH!

:cool:

Yeah, now I feel better.

How soon they forget

It has escaped you and your dopey friends!!!

How soon they forget

You know all those things happened under Bush. Why lie about it???

It has escaped you and your dopey friends!!!

:cuckoo:

By Amanda Terkel

Some examples:

You have Obama to thank.

Forum List

Back