🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

World poll: Image of U.S. declines

As opposed to 34% according to the same poll during the last year of the Bush presidency?

Global Perceptions of U.S. Leadership Improve in 2009

I was thinking the exact same thing. Remember when Obama went into office? The entire world heaved a collective sigh of relief. They elected someone sane. Thank God.

And 4 years later they realized they got something worse than Bush, it's just starting to sink is as Obama fails to deliver on anything he promised.

What did he "promise"? Make sure you can prove what you say. Otherwise people might think you are an......well, you know.

If we are doing the right thing then I say to hell with what the world thinks, but I am not sure we are doing the right things.

Worldwide approval of U.S. leadership dipped considerably during President Barack Obama’s fourth year in office — but it increased in some countries, including Mexico.

The median approval rating for U.S. leadership for 130 countries was 41 percent in 2012, down 8 percentage points from the 49 percent approval during Obama’s first year in office, according to a Gallup poll released Wednesday.

Read more: World poll: Image of U.S. declines - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com
A lot higher than before he took office. I think foreign expectations for Obama where impossibly high when he took office.

Global Public Opinion in the Bush Years (2001-2008) | Pew Global Attitudes Project

Last edited:
332 to 206 "is starting to sink in"?

What is sinking in is that the GOP leadership is cutting loose the reactionaries and libertarians who act and talk like weirdos.

Bobby Jindal, GOP Leaders Aim to Rebrand the Republican Party ...
US News & World Report | News & Rankings | Best Colleges, Best Hospitals, and more › NewsCached
by rebekah metzler - in 39 Google+ circles - More by rebekah metzler
Jan 25, 2013 – Criticizing both his party's leadership and specific politicians, he said Republicans need to "stop being the stupid party" and "stop insulting the ...

Priebus: Candidates Said 'Biologically Stupid Things,' But Rove's ...
livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/.../rnc-chairman-partys-problem-ste...Cached
4 days ago – Priebus: Candidates Said 'Biologically Stupid Things,' But Rove's ... that the party's recent shortcomings were due to bad candidates saying ...

Karl Rove: Bobby Jindal 'Is Right' On 'Stupid' GOP (VIDEO)
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../karl-rove-bobby-jindal-is_n_2573986.h...Cached
Jan 29, 2013 – "Explain what you're for and be for something," Rove said. "We are a ..... The Republican Party is full of "Stupid" leaders and "Stupid" voters.

Karl Rove Dismisses Tea Party Backlash: We Need 'Fewer Christine ...
www.mediaite.com/.../karl-rove-dismisses-tea-party-backlash-we-nee...Cached
Feb 17, 2013 – They did spent $30 million on Tea Party candidates, Rove said, ... Their objective, he said, “is to avoid having stupid candidates who can't win ...

ROVE: GOP MUST REFLECT DIVERSITY OF THE COUNTRY | Gill ...
gillreport.com/2013/.../rove-gop-must-reflect-diversity-of-the-countr...Cached
Mar 4, 2013 – Referring to the state party's deep losses in recent years, Rove said it ... to the party for 30+ years, but stupid RINO logic like Karl Rove drove ...

My new favorite Republican: Susana Martinez - The Insiders - The ...
www.washingtonpost.com/...republican-susana-martinez/.../gIQAnwf...
May 17, 2012 – My new favorite Republican offers hard truths for the GOP on immigration. ... I think I've found one: Susana Martinez, governor of New Mexico. .... However, a policy of marginalizing minorities from the mainstream of life, ...

News for Laura Bush women's issues Laura Bush Says Republicans 'Frightened' Women

ABC News (blog) *- 9 hours ago
Bush has been an outspoken supporter of women's rights since her time in .... No Laura Bush, the GOP did not frighten women, they P….. us off!

What is really happening is they are digging in.

What is sinking in is that the GOP leadership is cutting loose the reactionaries and libertarians who act and talk like weirdos.

US News & World Report | News & Rankings | Best Colleges, Best Hospitals, and more › NewsCached
Jan 25, 2013 – Criticizing both his party's leadership and specific politicians, he said Republicans need to "stop being the stupid party" and "stop insulting the ...

4 days ago – Priebus: Candidates Said 'Biologically Stupid Things,' But Rove's ... that the party's recent shortcomings were due to bad candidates saying ...

Jan 29, 2013 – "Explain what you're for and be for something," Rove said. "We are a ..... The Republican Party is full of "Stupid" leaders and "Stupid" voters.

Feb 17, 2013 – They did spent $30 million on Tea Party candidates, Rove said, ... Their objective, he said, “is to avoid having stupid candidates who can't win ...

Mar 4, 2013 – Referring to the state party's deep losses in recent years, Rove said it ... to the party for 30+ years, but stupid RINO logic like Karl Rove drove ...

May 17, 2012 – My new favorite Republican offers hard truths for the GOP on immigration. ... I think I've found one: Susana Martinez, governor of New Mexico. .... However, a policy of marginalizing minorities from the mainstream of life, ...

News for Laura Bush women's issues Laura Bush Says Republicans 'Frightened' Women

Bush has been an outspoken supporter of women's rights since her time in .... No Laura Bush, the GOP did not frighten women, they P….. us off!

If you payed any attention to politics you would know it's the conservatives that are cutting the GOP loose. Progressives like yourself keep trying to elect people like Mitt/Ryan/Newt/Bush and will keep failing. Soon you will just merge with the Democrats, then you will be happy Jake.

I give a fuck what America's approval rating is through out the rest of the world.

The President received a Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing. I can see where they had unrealistic expectations, especially considering Obama has only expanded our wars overseas.

Oldguy is a partisan moron, nothing Obama does no matter how stupid can ever be wrong.

Really? Got any proof of that, other than my defending the President when I think he's right?

Hint: I do take him to task when I think he's wrong, such as his policy about killing American citizens without due process.)

Can you honestly say you've ever supported him on anything? If not, you're more of partisan moron than I am...right?

Yes it will, but it will be after Obama is done.

Fact is the ONLY thing Obama has changed is the speed and percentages of spending...its all the same basic Bush Doctrine.

The rest of the world got burned by our leading the finiancial meltdown.

But it was happy as fuck to follow while it was booming. Accountability has never been easy for anyone to swallow. If you want proof of that, just look at the entire world pointing fingers at everyone else when shit hit the fan. Shit will be hitting the fan soon enough again, and once again no accountability. Maybe that's why we and the world keeps making the same mistakes and we see so many of the same progressive policies done over and over again under different banner. Bush did it under a conservative banner, Obama is doing the same policies as Bush under a liberal banner.

Why is it that any time someone responds to a bash Obama thread by pointing out the failures of the Bush administration in comparison, the response from the right is, "Well...Obama is just as bad!"

It's like y'all hate Obama until Bush enters the equation, then you suddenly and inexplicably hate them both.

What's up with that?

I give a fuck what America's approval rating is through out the rest of the world.

With Americans like you I can't imagine why our image around the world is so bad. :eusa_whistle:

america_fuck_yeah.jpg

Those that judge us by American tourists, see us as fat fools who throw our money away. Those that know us only from the news media see us as a violent, self-absorbed people. Those that judge us by our actions abroad, see us as a nation trying to reshape the world in our own image.

Oldguy is a partisan moron, nothing Obama does no matter how stupid can ever be wrong.

Really? Got any proof of that, other than my defending the President when I think he's right?

Hint: I do take him to task when I think he's wrong, such as his policy about killing American citizens without due process.)

Can you honestly say you've ever supported him on anything? If not, you're more of partisan moron than I am...right?

Killing Americans without due process? When someone says they want to destroy this country and they hang out with al Qaeda, what is it we are supposed to "help them with"? If it were WWII and an American wore a Nazi Uniform and vowed to destroy America, who would defend that person?

As opposed to 34% according to the same poll during the last year of the Bush presidency?

It always comes back to Bush, doesn't it? When are you folks EVER going to hold your boy accountable for anything?

We are no where near recovered from what Bush and the Republicans did to this country. And Republicans are still trying to bring down this country. What else could explain what they do?

It always comes back to Bush, doesn't it? When are you folks EVER going to hold your boy accountable for anything?

Just making a comparison. You obviously don't like it. Why?

Actually, it means little to nothing to me. I am just wondering why it is that every time something comes up about Barry, it is ALWAYS in comparison to Bush. ALWAYS.

Just curious as to when your Boy will be held accountable for HIS actions, rather than how relatable they are to a president that hasn't been in office for nearly 5 years......

If you payed any attention to politics you would know it's the conservatives that are cutting the GOP loose. Progressives like yourself keep trying to elect people like Mitt/Ryan/Newt/Bush and will keep failing. Soon you will just merge with the Democrats, then you will be happy Jake.

The mainstream will follow the leadership of those and like those above before they listen to your reactionary nonsense anymore. Vote for GOP candidates, please, but you are not making policy any more.

Santorum et al would have lost by 20% points if they ran.

The President received a Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing. I can see where they had unrealistic expectations, especially considering Obama has only expanded our wars overseas.

Actually curtailed the size of them, the numbers involved, the equipment used, etc.

Tell the truth, please.

We are no where near recovered from what Bush and the Republicans did to this country. And Republicans are still trying to bring down this country. What else could explain what they do?

Six years of Democrat rule and four of Obama and you still won't take the blame. The whole liberal left should be in jail for what they have done to our grandchildren.

If the dems don't pull it out, yes, put em in jail next to the bushies and throw away the key.

Just making a comparison. You obviously don't like it. Why?

Actually, it means little to nothing to me. I am just wondering why it is that every time something comes up about Barry, it is ALWAYS in comparison to Bush. ALWAYS.

Just curious as to when your Boy will be held accountable for HIS actions, rather than how relatable they are to a president that hasn't been in office for nearly 5 years......

Obvious, they are saying that Obama is exactly the same as Bush. I wonder if they listen to themselves?

Forum List

Back