Would a Progressive Society be a Free Society?

Society described in OP is

• Free

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Authoritarian

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Totalitarian

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
Every week? I have a bridge for sale if you're interested.
It went from quarterly to monthly to weekly just before the election which makes sense.

This is a really complicated subject and I really don’t think you have the expertise to determine that weekly meetings are unreasonable.

Make regulation forbidding government getting involved with social media. What we're talking about here is likely a constitutional violation. Government cannot use a proxy to violate our rights.
Agreed.

What do you say to your fellow Republicans (and of course Democrats) who want to, instead, regulate social media?

It went from quarterly to monthly to weekly just before the election which makes sense.

This is a really complicated subject and I really don’t think you have the expertise to determine that weekly meetings are unreasonable.

Even if there was foreign interference, WTF would the FBI have to do with it? It's a social media site. All they can do is post ads or stories. They can't rig election machines through Twitter or Facebook.

The DOJ and FBI have been politicized since the DumBama administration against the right. I think it's pretty reasonable to think what they were instructing these social media companies to do.

It doesn't matter if it's full blown fascism as long as we can switch genders if we want. Why, I would vote for these people no matter what they do, as long as I can become a woman if I want to! Seig heil, ALL THE WAY!

:auiqs.jpg:

Agreed.

What do you say to your fellow Republicans (and of course Democrats) who want to, instead, regulate social media?

That would all depend on what those regulations were. I've heard them talk about it on evil right-wing television but nothing in detail that I'm aware of. Either way, we can't let one party control what social media can and can't put out, I don't care if it's Democrat or Republican.

Even if there was foreign interference, WTF would the FBI have to do with it? It's a social media site. All they can do is post ads or stories. They can't rig election machines through Twitter or Facebook.

The DOJ and FBI have been politicized since the DumBama administration against the right. I think it's pretty reasonable to think what they were instructing these social media companies to do.
Foreign interference in our election is a federal crime so the federal bureau of investigation would be involved.

Foreign interference utilizes social media as a primary tool.

Your claims of DoJ politicization against the right are nonsense. You’re just too biased to see that sometimes people in your political side are criminals.

I think social media platforms have the right to determine what kind of community and standards they adhere to.

There’s a free market out there. If you find one platform too constraining, use another.
Of course I would not use TikTok.

I would also support any initiative to ban TikTok from USA.

Progressives have already won the culture war and the most progressive nations are the ones ranking highest on the world personal freedom index.

The USA has been sliding down that list for years. You're currently 15th. Canada is tied for 6th:

• Switzerland — 9.11.
  • New Zealand — 9.01.
  • Denmark — 8.98.
  • Estonia — 8.91.
  • Ireland — 8.90.
  • Finland — 8.85.
  • Canada — 8.85.
  • Australia — 8.84.

Probably those who measure Freedom Index have Progressive bias.

The actual meaning of "Progressive", is if you are against slavery, for everyone to be allowed to vote even if you do not own land or are female, etc.
The 14th amendment is extremely progressive.

The actual meaning of "Progressive", is if you are against slavery, for everyone to be allowed to vote even if you do not own land or are female, etc.

section #4 is interesting>>

~S~

I agree with that 100%.

Sadly many Progressives in 2022 preach Totalitarianism.

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Human Freedom Indexes (2021):​

1. Switzerland — 9.11
  2. New Zealand — 9.01
  3. Denmark — 8.98
  4. Estonia — 8.91
  5. Ireland — 8.90
  6. Canada — 8.85
  7. Finland — 8.85
  8. Australia — 8.84
  9. Sweden — 8.83
  10. Luxembourg — 8.80
Perhaps the researcher who measured Freedom has a Progressive bias?

Perhaps there is a non-Totalitarian brand of Progressivism with which we are not familiar in USA?

I agree with Progressives on many issues, but their Misandry and Totalitarianism are a deal-breaker for me.

Perhaps the researcher who measured Freedom has a Progressive bias?
Lol

The 12 Categories of the Human Freedom Index:

• Rule of Law
  • Security and Safety
  • Movement
  • Religion
  • Association, Assembly, and Civil Society
  • Expression and Information
  • Identity and Relationships
  • Size of Government
  • Legal System and Property Rights
  • Access to Sound Money