🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Would Democrats or Republicans support a Voting License?

Would Democrats or Republicans support a "License to Vote"? Would you? Select all that apply.

• Republicans would because they want to suppress the black vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Republicans would not because voting is a right, not a privilege, and no license should be required.

• Democrats would because they want to stop illegal voting.

• Democrats would because they want to suppress the white vote.

• Democrats would not because voting is a right, not a privilege, and no license should be required.

• I would because they want to suppress votes.

• I would not because I want illegal voting. By any means necessary.

• I would because we already have them for drivers, doctors/lawyers/engineers/etc. and concealed carry

• Total voters

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
Think about all the things one needs a license to do. Think about all the things both of these authoritarian parties want license.

Would you support such a license?

Before I could even think of answering, we'd need to define what this “license” entails, how one goes about getting it, and what the requirements are for it.

All citizens who are adults have a right to vote. In order for this right to be properly upheld, the electoral process needs to be secure against certain improprieties, such as voting by non-citizens, multiple votes cast by one person, and other possible instances of fraud. Allowing voter fraud to take place violates the rights of legitimate voters, by diluting their votes.

If this “license” is something that every eligible voter can easily obtain, free of charge, that can be used to clearly identify who he is, and in what precinct he is to vote, and does not impose any conditions which can readily be abused to unjustly disenfranchise a legitimate voter, then I am all for it. I don't see, however, why this needs to be a special “voting license”. A normal state-issued driver's license should do, or for those who are not eligible to drive, a comparable state issued ID card, which I think the state should issue free of charge.

Now if one is to have to pay a fee for such a license, or pass some sort of test, then I'd have to be solidly opposed. We have a history, as a nation, of abusing “poll taxes” and “literacy tests” to selectively deny voting rights. I'm opposed to setting up any new methods of doing that.

Well, let's look up the word 'license' in Black's Law Dictionary.

What is License?

A permission, accorded by a competent authority, conferring the right to do some act which without such authorization would be illegal.

Yeah, no. Huh uh. Nope.

I am against any license requirement to exercise any Constitutional right.

Since there is no general Constitutional right to vote, I wouldn't have a particular problem with it.

However, wouldn't it be easier to simply require a photo ID that matches the voter registration rosters?

I am against any license requirement to exercise any Constitutional right.

Since there is no general Constitutional right to vote, I wouldn't have a particular problem with it.

However, wouldn't it be easier to simply require a photo ID that matches the voter registration rosters?

So Selma's Bloody Sunday can be repeated...

Ever ask why they were marching?

NO! HELL NO!

If you needed a license to vote then the US constitution ain't worth squat!

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

We give our consent by voting!

What we need to enforce is each US citizen gets one vote and one vote only! And voter fraud of any kind should face life in prison or the death penalty!

Think about all the things one needs a license to do. Think about all the things both of these authoritarian parties want license.

As soon as you support gun licensing.
So, you would agree with me that one does not need a license to exercise a right that is guaranteed by the constitution, even those that are implied, but ESPECIALLY those that are EXPRESSLY protected?

I would not support a Voting License because voting is an unqualified Constitutional Right and requires no license.

Unless, of course, a non-reproducible Voter ID Card can be counted as a 'license' - and I'm all in favor of that.

As soon as you support gun licensing.
So, you would agree with me that one does not need a license to exercise a right that is guaranteed by the constitution, even those that are implied, but ESPECIALLY those that are EXPRESSLY protected?

Wow dude, you just took that single sentence and ran with it didn't you.

Give me a holler when you get back and we'll discuss it.

Forum List

Back