Would Dems have nominated Harris in an actual Primary?

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Not doing a poll. Just thought it would be an interesting discussion. I suspect they would not have nominated her. I'd like to think they would have nominated someone with broad appeal who could win independent and never-Trump Republicans votes. But the two-party shitshow doesn't really want candidates with broad appeal, so who knows.

What do you think?

Not doing a poll. Just thought it would be an interesting discussion. I suspect they would not have nominated her. I'd like to think they would have nominated someone with broad appeal who could win independent and never-Trump Republicans votes. But the two-party shitshow doesn't really want candidates with broad appeal, so who knows.

What do you think?
She didn't win a single vote in her last primary, so ...

What do you think?

She had 1% support in the 2020 primary, so you tell me. :badgrin:

What do you think?

There is no need to guess, just take her polling results from the 2020 Dem Primary. That is the most realistic indication of her popularity. After four years as V.P with record low approval for her and the president, I don't see how this improves.

What do you think?
No. She did horrible in 2020. Less than two percent in her own state. Had to drop out after getting her head blown off by tulsi.
She also had one of the lowest approvals for VP in history.
The people saying she is a good choice are the same people saying biden was fine a week ago...

What do you think?
No .. they already demonstrated that once, and didn't receive a single vote.

Trump did not participate in a primary. Would he have won if he had actually debated Haley?

You guys can try this all you want, but Harris was on the ticket with Biden,. By the rules she gets his votes. And she's about to win the presidency because Americans have shown that they do not want some old ass man to be president. The majority of Americans did not want and was not going to vote in a Trump-Biden rematch. You right wingers kept demanding that Democrats get rid of Biden. That happened so you now can't try moving the goalposts because your candidate is now the only old man with declining cognitive ability left in this campaign.

The leson is going to be yours. The people are supporting Harris. Democrats who could run against Harris are not doing so. Things are still wide open and it's not happening. So you republicans can take your disingenuous whining and stick it. Trump has to now run against a younger candidate and all the usual attacks are not going to get you anything but defeat. We all heard the crazy coming out of his mouth at the convention. I do not think Americans will be electing a 78 year old convicted felon whose mind is gone.

What do you think?

Probably not.

But Biden was "anointed" as the prospective nominee in 2024.

Just like real primaries were canceled and Trump was "anointed" as the prospective nominee in 2020.

What's good for the goose (Trump) is good for the gander (Harris, Biden's running made since he dropped out). If Biden's debate performance was at the same energy level as the SOTU, we wouldn't have a question.
Wanna fix it? Do away with incumbency.

WW

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2
There is no need to guess, just take her polling results from the 2020 Dem Primary. That is the most realistic indication of her popularity. After four years as V.P with record low approval for her and the president, I don't see how this improves.
Not realistic. This is 2024. She was VP. Things are different.

What do you think?

It's a moot point. The party decided there was no time to hold a new primary and just to run with her candidacy instead.

Democrats don’t seem to mind having their vote minimized to zero value after Joe puttered out.

Yup, stuck with Kamala is fine with them ..😄

(Nope .. other than the hardcore fascists.. I don’t believe it. )

What do you think?

She had to drop out of her primary in 2020 so she didn't end up with ZERO points.

The Dems do not love her; they just don't care who they put in power as long as THEY are in power.

The real joke is none of the blowhards on this board are anywhere near the "they"

Democrats don’t seem to mind having their vote minimized to zero value after Joe puttered out.

Yup, stuck with Kamala is fine with them ..😄

(Nope .. other than the hardcore fascists.. I don’t believe it. )
That narrative won't work.

Probably not. That's why the D's decided to nominate her through a backdoor skullduggery, to eliminate any other prospective candidates from competing.

The people saying she is a good choice are the same people saying biden was fine a week ago...
I suspect whoever was running the Biden administration will be running the Harris campaign, and her administration (if she were to win).

Forum List

Back