Would republican voters support lowering the minimum wage if the GOP pushed such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no im not a libertarian ..they lose me at wide open borders

Actually, the Libertarian position on immigration isn't open borders.

It's set a criteria for legal immigration and accept whomever applies if they meet the criteria.

Libertarians don't support illegal immigration.

the koch brother could of fooled me

Indeed though their are different shades of libertarians

im totally for sane legal immigration

After all, the government had no place in raising the wage to begin with! Cost of living and inflation be damned! Corporate profits are all that matters! The GOP really looks out for us all huh? That turtle faced piece of shit McDonnell is a true Christian after all.

Them doing this really wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility. After all, the GOP was outraged after Obama expanded over time pay entitlement to thousands of workers. They of course had to undo that!

Point blank: republicans would you support lowering the minimum wage because of your weird outrage over it being raised over time in the first place?
We would probably get rid of your slave wages and allow the market to offer a wage.. you like slavery? Be honest

Point blank: republicans would you support lowering the minimum wage because of your weird outrage over it being raised over time in the first place?

Not a Republican, but I'd support getting rid of minimum wage altogether.

I wouldn't have much enthusiasm for lowering the minimum wage...

... however, if we're talking about eliminating it.

Launch-Your-Website-with-Enthusiasm.jpeg

What he said. Government isn't there to set wages.

After all, the government had no place in raising the wage to begin with! Cost of living and inflation be damned! Corporate profits are all that matters! The GOP really looks out for us all huh? That turtle faced piece of shit McDonnell is a true Christian after all.

Them doing this really wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility. After all, the GOP was outraged after Obama expanded over time pay entitlement to thousands of workers. They of course had to undo that!

The issue really is progressives are trying to equate a "living" wage, with the minimum wage, and the two are entirely different concepts.

The former started out as a baseline for the most menial jobs, jobs never meant as careers. The latter is an attempt to make those same jobs pay enough so someone can work at them for decades and afford the basics in life.

The 2nd is the one that is entirely unfeasible, because it usually raises the cost of a person's labor to above the value added to the final product/service of that labor.

Let's look at it another way.

There has been job loss. Due to some jobs going overseas and some jobs lost to automation. Mostly, it's been automation. In many areas that had skilled factory work that has been taken over by automation, those burger flipping jobs may be all that's available. You have bread winners working at menial jobs because that's all that there is. You can blame shipping jobs overseas, illegals, etc. but the bulk of the job losses have been lost to automation. Even the burger flippers are fast losing their jobs to automation now.

Without paid job training, what then? 50 years ago, the corporations paid for that and got a damned fine employee out of it. Today, they think that's lost revenue and would never pay that. So when the job is lost the employee is cut lose. In 10 years, even the menial tasks won't be available at such a demanding rate. Do we just send them home to starve and die? Then we wonder why the crime rate goes up because they will find a way to make a living for them and their families.

If you do that then we need to get rid of the Right to Work laws. The Unions came into being just for that reason.

If you do that then we need to get rid of the Right to Work laws. The Unions came into being just for that reason.

This is 1950s thinking. We don't need minimum wage nor do we need some teamster patting himself on his back for getting the worker an extra nickel an hour while he makes millions.

All you dumb ass liberals pay attention. The federally mandated minimum wage IS PRICE FIXING. When companies know their competitors will all be offering price fixed minimum wage there's little incentive for them to offer more.

This is 1950s thinking. We don't need minimum wage nor do we need some teamster patting himself on his back for getting the worker an extra nickel an hour while he makes millions.

1. You say we don't need unions. Okay, let's go with that.

2. You say we don't need Min Wage. Okay, let's go with that

3. Now, what are you going to do with the fact that the Cost of Living, every year in the last 40 years, has outstripped the increase in wages. Todays dollar and todays wages, Today's Worker makes less than the Worker 40 years ago. What are you going to do about the Greed Factor.

But allow the worker to bring home enough to live on with his family.

This isn't Russia. The 'worker' can work where he wants, when he wants. He can ask any price he wants for a salary. He can accept or decline any offer made him.

If someone accepts job that doesn't pay for the lifestyle he chooses to maintain ... the fault is 100% on him.

And you are free to charge more for his cost of living than he is capable of earning, right? Even with Min Wage, that's where we are right now. The Cost of Living exceeds the take home pay.

How would YOU cure this problem. This woman is working.

I don't see a problem. At least not a problem for me as a taxpayer.

And when they came for me, there wasn't anyone to defend me left. And that is the problem. It all works for you until it doesn't.

I've never needed anyone to defend me ... I'm quite capable of defending myself.

If you need someone to defend you, I suggest you be nicer to them.

what are you going to do with the fact that the Cost of Living, every year in the last 40 years, has outstripped the increase in wages.

Earn more or live more frugally.

Perhaps only upgrade your phone every other year or buy off brand running shoes if you never run.

what are you going to do with the fact that the Cost of Living, every year in the last 40 years, has outstripped the increase in wages.

Earn more or live more frugally.

Perhaps only upgrade your phone every other year or buy off brand running shoes if you never run.

And i you don't have any other choices left to you? Are you going to like to your kids that other kids are lying to them that they eat more than 1 meal a day?

Acting to 'artificially' affect / mandate a change to / dictate a change to the minimum wage is not something the GOP seeks to do - that's a 'Democrat' thing.

Acting to 'artificially' affect / mandate a change to / dictate a change to the minimum wage is not something the GOP seeks to do - that's a 'Democrat' thing.

But the GOP does support the lower middle class disappearing into the poverty class due to the rich raising the cost of living at a higher rate than the wage increases, right? That's been going on for the last 40 years. The Worker today has less than he did 40 years ago in an adjusted income.

If a Repub could do away with the minimum wage law I might actually vote for them

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

3. Now, what are you going to do with the fact that the Cost of Living, every year in the last 40 years, has outstripped the increase in wages. Todays dollar and todays wages, Today's Worker makes less than the Worker 40 years ago. What are you going to do about the Greed Factor.

Todays dollar and todays wages, Today's Worker makes less than the Worker 40 years ago.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

This isn't Russia. The 'worker' can work where he wants, when he wants. He can ask any price he wants for a salary. He can accept or decline any offer made him.

If someone accepts job that doesn't pay for the lifestyle he chooses to maintain ... the fault is 100% on him.

And you are free to charge more for his cost of living than he is capable of earning, right? Even with Min Wage, that's where we are right now. The Cost of Living exceeds the take home pay.

You don't know the simple answer?

Stop voting for Fucking Democrats at the state and local level.

Todays dollar and todays wages, Today's Worker makes less than the Worker 40 years ago.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Forever the streets I do roam because my takehome pay will no longer take me home: Nipsy Russel circa 1980

You don't know the simple answer?

Stop voting for Fucking Democrats at the state and local level.

Or maybe we need to start sending the crooks to prison that take advantage of the workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back