Would republican voters support lowering the minimum wage if the GOP pushed such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all, the government had no place in raising the wage to begin with! Cost of living and inflation be damned! Corporate profits are all that matters! The GOP really looks out for us all huh? That turtle faced piece of shit McDonnell is a true Christian after all.

Them doing this really wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility. After all, the GOP was outraged after Obama expanded over time pay entitlement to thousands of workers. They of course had to undo that!

Point blank: republicans would you support lowering the minimum wage because of your weird outrage over it being raised over time in the first place?

Wages have risen a lot during the Trump Administration, even though the federal minimum wage hasn't been increased. Very few are receiving the federal minimum nowadays.

This isn't about higher wages- we have that already. This is about the liberal need to tell other people what to do.

Wow, another temper tantrum. And he threw himself to the ground in a fit of rate......and missed.

Not throwing a tantrum at all.

Just pointing out that wages can go up without a minimum wage law or increases and have in the past.

The min wage was established in America during the Roosevelt Depression and the huge amount of Deflation and other economic woes at the time. Perhaps in those kinds of extreme circumstances, it could be justified.

But we didn't have this during the Roaring 20's, where the number of cars expanded exponentially during the Harding and Coolidge administrations. I got pics of my uncle who was one of the first in the family to buy a Ford in 1921.

And this was without a minimum wage

After all, the government had no place in raising the wage to begin with! Cost of living and inflation be damned! Corporate profits are all that matters! The GOP really looks out for us all huh? That turtle faced piece of shit McDonnell is a true Christian after all.

Them doing this really wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility. After all, the GOP was outraged after Obama expanded over time pay entitlement to thousands of workers. They of course had to undo that!

Point blank: republicans would you support lowering the minimum wage because of your weird outrage over it being raised over time in the first place?

Wages have risen a lot during the Trump Administration, even though the federal minimum wage hasn't been increased. Very few are receiving the federal minimum nowadays.

This isn't about higher wages- we have that already. This is about the liberal need to tell other people what to do.

Wow, another temper tantrum. And he threw himself to the ground in a fit of rate......and missed.

Just pointing out that wages can go up without a minimum wage law or increases and have in the past.

The min wage was established in America during the Roosevelt Depression and the huge amount of Deflation and other economic woes at the time. Perhaps in those kinds of extreme circumstances, it could be justified.

But we didn't have this during the Roaring 20's, where the number of cars expanded exponentially during the Harding and Coolidge administrations. I got pics of my uncle who was one of the first in the family to buy a Ford in 1921.

And this was during the Industrial Revolution. The Country was growing a such a rate that no one could ever have predicted it. But the Greed Factor of the late 20s brought other things to bare that you are leaving out. Things like the Great Depression and all the fun filled things it comprised of. It wasn't just the Stock Market that crashed, it was the whole country. In fact, it overflowed to the rest of the world as well. Remember when I said the threat of the union? That greed factor is what created the unions.

Of course the would. Oh, most if them won't admit it, and will make excuses like "it should be eliminated" and "the market will set a fair wage" but they would definitely support it.

I don't see a temper tantrum in his post, you were leading a narrative of eliminating the will of the people and Right to work laws and force them to join a Union they don't want

Of course the would. Oh, most if them won't admit it, and will make excuses like "it should be eliminated" and "the market will set a fair wage" but they would definitely support it.

Unless they’re the ones making the minimum wage.

I don't see a temper tantrum in his post, you were leading a narrative of eliminating the will of the people and Right to work laws and force them to join a Union they don't want

I simply stated a reason the Unions came into being in the late 1920s. They were thought to be answer to the Greed Factor. And that Greed Factor was the primary reason for the Great Depression. The only difference between 1929 and right now is there is no panic. I know you don't see it but we are no in the beginnings of a hard recession unless things change fast much like they were in 1929. But the Government completely ignored the signs of recession and panic set in. We won't go into panic but we are going into a hard recession unless things change fast. Before, if a Union were to try and come into being, the Governor would send in his State Guard and smash the workers by killing enough of them to break it up. Today, we do it with the Right to Work Laws. Don't shoot them, just find a reason to fire them. Or fire them with no reason. There are just too many similarities from 1929 and today to ignore.

What he read in wasn't what I said. So I read in what he said. Defend him if you wish, makes no nevermind to me.

No the minimum wage laws in the US and the world over was put in place to keep the darkies and other minority's from working.

I simply stated a reason the Unions came into being in the late 1920s. They were thought to be answer to the Greed Factor. And that Greed Factor was the primary reason for the Great Depression. The only difference between 1929 and right now is there is no panic. I know you don't see it but we are no in the beginnings of a hard recession unless things change fast much like they were in 1929. But the Government completely ignored the signs of recession and panic set in. We won't go into panic but we are going into a hard recession unless things change fast. Before, if a Union were to try and come into being, the Governor would send in his State Guard and smash the workers by killing enough of them to break it up. Today, we do it with the Right to Work Laws. Don't shoot them, just find a reason to fire them. Or fire them with no reason. There are just too many similarities from 1929 and today to ignore.

What he read in wasn't what I said. So I read in what he said. Defend him if you wish, makes no nevermind to me.

I have worked at a lot of plastic manufacturing jobs over the years from Illinois to South Carolina and visit like over a 100 in the 1980s till early 1990s the country over and I didn't see boss's firing people for no good reason, sure you have the rarity's but you act like bosses in the year 2019 are as evil as they were a 100 years ago, that's not the case today.

I do not trust big business enough to drop min. wage

Actually, Big Business benefits from a sky high minimum wage, as well as other liberal micromanagement of business.

Its a lot easier for McDonald's to use the economies of scale and new technology to deal with high wages than it is for a Mel's Diner or other local beanery.

Ditto from small groceries and variety stores that are in competition with an Amazon or Walmart.

But allow the worker to bring home enough to live on with his family.

This isn't Russia. The 'worker' can work where he wants, when he wants. He can ask any price he wants for a salary. He can accept or decline any offer made him.

If someone accepts job that doesn't pay for the lifestyle he chooses to maintain ... the fault is 100% on him.

And you are free to charge more for his cost of living than he is capable of earning, right? Even with Min Wage, that's where we are right now. The Cost of Living exceeds the take home pay.

How would YOU cure this problem. This woman is working.

You don't know the simple answer?

Stop voting for Fucking Democrats at the state and local level.

Or maybe we need to start sending the crooks to prison that take advantage of the workers.

No worker can be taken advantage of unless they allow themselves to be. Companies are so desperate for employees they are going to jails to recruit new workers.

But allow the worker to bring home enough to live on with his family.

This isn't Russia. The 'worker' can work where he wants, when he wants. He can ask any price he wants for a salary. He can accept or decline any offer made him.

If someone accepts job that doesn't pay for the lifestyle he chooses to maintain ... the fault is 100% on him.

And you are free to charge more for his cost of living than he is capable of earning, right? Even with Min Wage, that's where we are right now. The Cost of Living exceeds the take home pay.

Or maybe we need to start sending the crooks to prison that take advantage of the workers.

No worker can be taken advantage of unless they allow themselves to be. Companies are so desperate for employees they are going to jails to recruit new workers.

Oh my yes. The Trump Labor Market is exceedingly tight. I'm elderly, but not decrepit. Every time I go into a store, I hear schtick from the cashiers "A smart guy like you shouldn't be SHOPPING at Ollie's , you should be WORKING here"

Employers are doing what they can to expand the labor supply.

GOP and Trump says shit Republican voters say "what color"

Actually, Big Business benefits from a sky high minimum wage, as well as other liberal micromanagement of business.

Its a lot easier for McDonald's to use the economies of scale and new technology to deal with high wages than it is for a Mel's Diner or other local beanery.

Ditto from small groceries and variety stores that are in competition with an Amazon or Walmart.
Is that why McDonald's pay less now for management than when I was a manger in 1988?

Oh my yes. The Trump Labor Market is exceedingly tight. I'm elderly, but not decrepit. Every time I go into a store, I hear schtick from the cashiers "A smart guy like you shouldn't be SHOPPING at Ollie's , you should be WORKING here"

Employers are doing what they can to expand the labor supply.

The only labor market Trump has is his terlit cleaner past that he doesn't employ humans directly.
Fv1v9eK.gif

Is that why McDonald's pay less now for management than when I was a manger in 1988?
Hope you bought the stock

The stock has not been doing to well...

The stock has not been doing to well...
Market Summary > Mcdonald's Corp
FollowFollowing
NYSE: MCD
199.09 USD +0.47 (0.24%)
Jun 4, 12:08 PM EDT · Disclaimer
1 day
5 days
1 month
6 months
YTD
1 year
5 years
Max
118.14 USD ‎Dec 31, 2015

Open 199.00
High 200.30
Low 198.79
Mkt cap 152.02B
P/E ratio 26.39
Div yield 2.33%
Prev close 198.62
52-wk high 201.15
52-wk low 153.13
Financial news, comparisons and more

I'd support eliminating it entirely. The Government can't properly allocate resources or measure supply and demand curves, and nobody who works in Government is at all qualified to run a business, otherwise they would be running businesses instead of stealing our money and sending Road Pirates after us.

EDIT: Roughly 2.7% of people who work for an hourly wage are paid minimum wage, for the record.

Your record is broken, liar. Look at Characteristics of minimum wage workers, 2017 : BLS Reports: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and you will see it's 58.4%. That 2.7% is the decrease in the number from 2016 to 2017 not the total. It's been running right about a +61% for a few years. And don't give me this crap that it was Trump that made it drop. Any change that affected 2017 was done in 2016. The Reports for 2018 are not tabulated yet. Want to bet they won't be too well off?

You can stop lying any time now.
Did you not bother reading the article you cited, there, champ?

It says that the 58.3% is people working for hourly wages, and that the 2.3% is the total amount working for minimum wage. The article you cited agrees with this. Why don't you read your citation before accusing people of being liars? The second paragraph states that it's decreasing.

"
In 2017, 80.4 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.3 percent of all wage and salary workers. Among those paid by the hour, 542,000 workers earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 1.3 million had wages below the federal minimum. Together, these 1.8 million workers with wages at or below the federal minimum made up 2.3 percent of all hourly paid workers.

The percentage of hourly paid workers earning the prevailing federal minimum wage or less declined from 2.7 percent in 2016 to 2.3 percent in 2017. This remains well below the percentage of 13.4 recorded in 1979, when data were first collected on a regular basis. (See table 10.)
"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back