Would you allow everyone to own a fully auto M4 carbine?

Because I drive to Lincoln, KC, and various other places all the time. I've already answered this question.

Hey, look! I'm licensed, registered, and insured so the government is reasonably sure I'm responsible enough to own and operate a vehicle that goes faster than 25 mph!!

Weird, huh?

Yeah...Progressive Hunter in post #78 is correct.....driving isn't a Right, and you still failed to answer the question...why do you need to drive a "high powered," vehicle capable of speeds of over 25 miles an hours considering cars and trucks kill more people every single year than guns do?

A rental truck in Nice, France, driving over 25 miles an hour was used to murder 86people...more people than in any mass shooting in the U.S.....

And now you've cleverly segued into outright lies.

Was speculation just not enough?

Anyway, we're done here.

Have a nice day.

And you can't answer the questions....so you run away.....

Your reasoning falls apart with the slightest scrutiny, the mildest interrogation....

And like left wingers do, you run away.....

And you can't answer the questions....so you run away.....

Your reasoning falls apart with the slightest scrutiny, the mildest interrogation....

And like left wingers do, you run away.....
I did answer. At least twice. You responded with speculation, hyperbole, and lies.

Have a nice day.

I did answer. At least twice. You responded with speculation, hyperbole, and lies.

Have a nice day.

Nope....you said you had to get to Lincoln faster...that is not a "need," that is a want. 25 mph is more than fast enough to get anywhere you want to go...

But thanks for confirming you have nothing....

The 2nd Amendment says you can legally own a full auto M4.

Yet you'd get arrested if the police found one in your possession.

What happened?
Actually the federal government allows private ownership of many full-auto weapons although the process of getting the proper credentials can be expensive and lengthy. State and local governments are the major infringers of the 2nd Amendment. I have experience with the things and consider them just a really quick way to waste ammo. Running out of ammo in the middle of a serious social engagement is a major fax pas,

Actually the federal government allows private ownership of many full-auto weapons although the process of getting the proper credentials can be expensive and lengthy. State and local governments are the major infringers of the 2nd Amendment. I have experience with the things and consider them just a really quick way to waste ammo. Running out of ammo in the middle of a serious social engagement is a major fax pas,

Only full auto weapons older than a certain year. I think it was 1980 something. M16 would be okay, an M4 wouldn't because the M4 is newish.

BZZZZZT!!! I'm sorry, that's incorrect. We are living in a representative democracy.

BZZZZZT, I hate to break it to ya, but we are a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

You fail.

You're the one being unrealistic.
While we would prefer if the government dealt with the "bad guys" for us and we would not have to, the reality is that government itself always also is or turns into the "bad guys".
If you pay for full auto for the government with your taxes, then you have to also ensure enough ordinary citizens have them as well, so that we do not end up like the Weimar Republic.
And anytime you allow government to get a monopoly on weapons, you eventually always end up like the Weimar Republic.

Sure there are always going to be some people who can not control themselves and can't be trusted with a full auto rifle, but those people also can not be trusted with a car, flammables, explosives, toxins, or anything else that all people have easy access to.
So the only way to deal with those dangerous people is to confine them under supervised conditions.
To instead try to turn the entire civilian population into a supervised condition that is denied access to full auto rifles, is to ensure a dictatorship.
There is no option.
Gun control does not work, never works, and is inherently in conflict with any democratic republic.
Read any history book, and they all tell you that all governments become corrupt over time and have to be destroyed by force.
It is inevitable, with none lasting longer than about 400 years, and most less than 100 or so.

The US government is no exception, and has been evil to the point is should have been destroyed, over 100 years ago, like the Spanish American War, the Philippine Rebellion, etc. The only reason we have not already been forced to act is that the corruption has been mostly aimed at people outside this country. Like Vietnamese, Iraqis, Libyans, Afghans, Egyptians, Syrians, etc. But there are millions being harmed in the US as well, such as those imprisoned by the illegal War on Drugs.

Just read the Bill of Right again. It is very clear. There can be no legal federal gun control laws. Totally impossible. And yet there are federal gun control laws? How is that possible, and why did we let that happen?
You proposed an unrealistic scenario and accused me of being unrealistic, because I would not even consider your "what if" fairy tale world in which you wished people to consider your proposition realisitically? Who you zoomin', man? :auiqs.jpg:

M4s aren't either.
You stupid uneducated Moon Bats have a hellvea time not understanding what the words "shall not infringe" means, don't you?

Machines guns are legal in the US. I know because I have one.

All machine guns would be more available if it wasn't for that goddamn NFA law.

There has only been one case where the NFA has been challenged and brought before the Supreme Court. In that case (Miller) the Court said that firearms in general use by the military are protected under the Second Amendment.

This is, again, pure speculation. Your ak isn't going to stop the US government if they decide to do bad things to you.
We just lost a 20-year war to fucking Afghanistan.

It proves the time-tested truth about war. You can dominate the air but you can never control the ground without boots on it. They will never have even close to the numbers we have.

I like my chances.

Forum List

Back