🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans ....

Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans in bars and retaurants?

• No. They are fair.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Yes. They are unfair.

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • No. They are unfair but I prefer they remain.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yes. They are fair but I'd rather they be lifted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
• Liquor pouring establishments in Talbot County, Maryland experienced an 11 percent decline in sales (approximately $3 million) the last seven months in 2004 after their smoking ban went into effect as compared to the same period in 2003. (Maryland Office of the Comptroller)

• There were 25 percent fewer liquor pouring establishments in Talbot County, Maryland in December 2004 as compared to a year earlier when there was no smoking ban. (Maryland Office of the Comptroller)

So what is some places lost revenue or went out of business? Are profits more important than people's health?

Should we let tobacco companies go back to selling to children because they make less money if kids can't buy cigarettes?

Smokers are a minority class of people. In fact, now days they are a hated class of people. They are hated almost as much as muslims are today which is kind of sad if you ask me.

I don't smoke. In fact, I find the habit disgusting. I do not, however, hate people who do smoke nor will I discriminate against them.

Immie
Do you think we should stop "discriminating" against crack heads too?

Smokers are not discriminated against. They are perfectly free to enter any bar or restaurant. Just as any non smokers is.

I've never known anyone that died from second hand smoke...or was even taken ill...:lol:

BBQ and well cooked meat causes cancer too.. Yet, we don't see them leaping onto a fucking bandwagon to ban charcoal. This is a live and let live situation; which is why they require a ban that prohibits instead of a choice that promotes personal liberty. Indeed, it's one of the reasons I am as cautious of the left as I am the right. I hate that my side of the political spectrum is filled with a bunch of goode family pussies who refuse to make a personal choice about a smoking or non-smoking bar.
I've made a choice and so have most people. We won't allow smoking near us. Now smokers can make the choice to put out the cigarette or leave.

Why should the smoker have to move simply because you think he smells or is disgusting?

Aren't you pro-choice?

Don't you see a conflict of interests in your stance? On the one hand it is "the government doesn't have a right to tell me what I can do with my body". On the other hand it is, "the government has every right to tell a smoker what he can do with his body".

Immie
More like the smoker has no right to tell me I have to ingest his drug.

Forcing someone who wants an abortion to give birth is like forcing people to put up with having to breath other people's cigarette smoke.
The government is not telling anyone they can't drug themselves with nicotine. What they are saying is that they can't force anyone else to take their drug.

ASKING someone to do something doesn't imply a DEMAND. I bet you have two working legs that can walk away frm a smoker just as well as they could choose to abide by your request. The pompous nature of you "we own everything because we say so" pink lungers is farcical. Indeed, this is why your kind can't let business owners make the economic choice that we all know they would make if given the liberty to make such a choice; heaven fucking forbid your kind choose a non-smoking bar instead of being raptly convinced that the world belongs to you personally.

Why should I have to move because an addict decides to get a fix in my presence? Health codes are a good thing and it's about time the addiction of nicotine and the junkies that smoke it are forced not to share their addiction with the general public.

YOU should move because YOU are making the SHS a factor in YOUR decision to be near a smoker. Do smokers chase you down like fucking pacman? NO? Then exercise your fucking ability to choose a different place other than up the ass of a smoker to enjoy your personal time. Do smokers follow YOU around and bitch incessantly about YOUR behaviour despite their choice to stay in proximity? NO? Then you have your answer.

This is no more about health codes than it is about unicorns. Ironically, you'd sit and fill your fucking mouth with fatburgers while crying about the health affects of SHS wafting into your feeding trough.

YOU are not the only vote in what gets defined as the general public. POINT IN CASE: a private bar that wants to cater to smokers is not your personal fucking soapbox begging for your opinion on smoking.
Prime example of smoker's rage.

:lol:

Why should I have to move because an addict decides to get a fix in my presence? Health codes are a good thing and it's about time the addiction of nicotine and the junkies that smoke it are forced not to share their addiction with the general public.

YOU should move because YOU are making the SHS a factor in YOUR decision to be near a smoker. Do smokers chase you down like fucking pacman? NO? Then exercise your fucking ability to choose a different place other than up the ass of a smoker to enjoy your personal time. Do smokers follow YOU around and bitch incessantly about YOUR behaviour despite their choice to stay in proximity? NO? Then you have your answer.

This is no more about health codes than it is about unicorns. Ironically, you'd sit and fill your fucking mouth with fatburgers while crying about the health affects of SHS wafting into your feeding trough.

YOU are not the only vote in what gets defined as the general public. POINT IN CASE: a private bar that wants to cater to smokers is not your personal fucking soapbox begging for your opinion on smoking.

As a non-smoker who would not eat in a restaurant that allows smoking I think Shogun's position (maybe not the language ;)) is the most reasonable.

Its a private business...if they want to allow smoking and you dont want to eat where people smoke go somewhere else. if enough people dont eat there for smoking they will either go out of business or change policy.

This argument is as old as dirt BTW :lol:

As a non-smoker who would not eat in a restaurant that allows smoking I think Shogun's position (maybe not the language ;)) is the most reasonable.

Its a private business...if they want to allow smoking and you dont want to eat where people smoke go somewhere else. if enough people dont eat there for smoking they will either go out of business or change policy.

You people are like automatons. You just don't get it.

You wanna see scum try this.

Mr. Pushy enters a bar,
in the bar he finds dozens of mr.chimneys all smoking.
Mr. Pushy does not like smoking.
Mr. Pushy stands on a stool and asks everyone to stop smoking.
They don't
Mr. Pushy then finds the bar owner and asks him to ban smoking in his bar.
He doesn't.
Mr. Pushy then tries to enact a law that would ban smoking in each and every bar.

Mr. Pushy is disgusting scum.

So you consider someone disgusting scum for attempting to get the law changed yet have no problem with someone who smokes when it is against the law.
Your real name must be Pushy.
And you must smoke as well.

So Mr Pushy. Did you read any of my responses other than the flame joke one you responded to? Wait a minute! You couldn't have. If you did you wouldn't have posted your uninformed, crusader response. Your bad.........

Smokers are a minority class of people. In fact, now days they are a hated class of people. They are hated almost as much as muslims are today which is kind of sad if you ask me.

I don't smoke. In fact, I find the habit disgusting. I do not, however, hate people who do smoke nor will I discriminate against them.

Immie

Smokers are not discriminated against. They are perfectly free to enter any bar or restaurant. Just as any non smokers is.

last I checked cigarettes were still legal while crack is not.

Just sayin

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! :lol::lol::lol:

Immie

Just sayin
So then crack smokers are experiencing even more discrimination than cigarette smokers according to that sort of argument.
BTW Smoking cigarettes is just barely legal in some places. It's entirely illegal in others.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! :lol::lol::lol:

so now i'm a kettle...i see how it is :lol:

kettle.gif

Just messin with ya :D

Just sayin
So then crack smokers are experiencing even more discrimination than cigarette smokers according to that sort of argument.
BTW Smoking cigarettes is just barely legal in some places. It's entirely illegal in others.

If thats how you feel then try and get a law passed making cigarettes illegal or crack legal.

Maybe we should ban drinking alcohol in bars, its legal but I dont like the smell and drunk people are sometimes violent putting me at risk of physical damage...just like cig smoke. ----SARCASM

Yeah you guys should just be agreeing with her outright :eusa_angel:

What don't we get?

That patrons and employees deserve health protection? They can choose to go elsewhere and if the bar loses enough business they'll be likely to change.

That smokers are jerks? It isn't true.

I get those arguments I just don't put much stock in them.

Just sayin

If thats how you feel then try and get a law passed making cigarettes illegal or crack legal.

Maybe we should ban drinking alcohol in bars, its legal but I dont like the smell and drunk people are sometimes violent putting me at risk of physical damage...just like cig smoke. ----SARCASM
I already worked to get the smoking bans passed. I support any more bans coming up. The only time I feel I should be the one to leave if someone lights up is if it is on their private property and it is not open to the public, not a public space. Otherwise there is no reason why I or anyone else should have to put up with it. I also think it is child abuse to smoke around children, even if they are your own children and it is your own home.

Drinking is regulated too, if you hadn't noticed. You can't drive drunk and you will be arrested for being intoxicated if you are being a drunken nuisance in public. If you sit next to me and drink. It does not go into my lungs and veins. If you smoke, it does. How many times does that have to be repeated? Why do people keep bringing up the false comparison with drinking?

Last edited:
I believe smokers are people too and have rights as well. I find it bothersome when good-hearted people try to make them into second class citizens.

Immie
So instead you want to turn anyone who doesn't want to have to breathe someone else's cigarette smoke into a secondclass citizen. :cuckoo:

No, unlike you guys, I want to treat smokers like free citizens of the U.S.A. You guys would have them exchange places with terrorists in Gitmo.

Immie

I believe smokers are people too and have rights as well. I find it bothersome when good-hearted people try to make them into second class citizens.

Immie
So instead you want to turn anyone who doesn't want to have to breathe someone else's cigarette smoke into a secondclass citizen. :cuckoo:

No, unlike you guys, I want to treat smokers like free citizens of the U.S.A. You guys would have them exchange places with terrorists in Gitmo.

Immie
Exaggerate much? Smokers have all the same rights as everyone else in this country.

No, because when I allow my lawn to grow waste deep, it then affects my neighbors property value. My neighbor has the right to protect his private property and the value of his property. If I neglect my property, then I am interfering with his rights.

So the government can force you to mow your lawn but it can't force you ban smoking in your restaurant?

That makes no sense. You seem to think property values are all that matter when regulating what people can do or not do on their property.

I guess money is all that is important to you.

And you seem to think that the government needs to wipe your ass for you.

You have no belief in freedom to choose, yet, I know you claim to be pro-choice. Seems to me the only choice you really believe in is the choice to kill defenseless human beings. Now, that is :cuckoo:

You also seem to believe that you are the only human being with any rights what so ever.
Immie

Immie

Immie

They have more freedom than their fellow addicts.

No, because when I allow my lawn to grow waste deep, it then affects my neighbors property value. My neighbor has the right to protect his private property and the value of his property. If I neglect my property, then I am interfering with his rights.

So the government can force you to mow your lawn but it can't force you ban smoking in your restaurant?

That makes no sense. You seem to think property values are all that matter when regulating what people can do or not do on their property.

I guess money is all that is important to you.

And you seem to think that the government needs to wipe your ass for you.

You have no belief in freedom to choose, yet, I know you claim to be pro-choice. Seems to me the only choice you really believe in is the choice to kill defenseless human beings. Now, that is :cuckoo:

You also seem to believe that you are the only human being with any rights what so ever.
Immie
Did anything you just said have any relevance to the discussion?

I do not believe in killing defenseless human beings but keep on claiming that if you think telling lies will make you look good.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back