Would You Have Supported Rosa Park's Silent Protest?

Would You Have Supported Rosa Parks et al during That Time?

• Yes

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
How you can see them as the same, is beyond me.
Rosa Parks yes.
Colin Kapernick no.
This isn't about Colin Kapernick.

However, what makes you think you'd be on Rosa Park's side considering your current views on the above?

You do realize that the arguments made against Rosa Park et al are the exact same arguments made against Colin Kapernick et al. What changed?

Yes but, Rosa was a lady without money.. who did not have security for her views to protect her..

I do see Kaepernick as a protester too but I doubt that he will ever go down in history like Rosa Parks.

Money has nothing to do with injustice.

Yes money has a lot to do with it..

Easy to call out injustice when you have the money to protect your home, family, future

She stood in the face of some ugly people, by herself without a means to support herself..so yes, it does make a difference .

Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting, the 1st Amendment right and law enforcement, what side would you have fell on during Rosa Park's era, when she decided that enough was enough and she was not going to be subjugated to go to the back of the bus for another human being no better or worse than she is simply because of her color?

What say you, and why?

The fact that you are comparing the struggles of Rosa Parks and people of her era to those whining today is why I can't take your question seriously.

Yes but, Rosa was a lady without money.. who did not have security for her views to protect her..

I do see Kaepernick as a protester too but I doubt that he will ever go down in history like Rosa Parks.

Colin Kaepernick has already gone down in history just like Rosa Parks.

What standard are you using?

True..but will he be talked about almost 100 years later, like Rosa Parks is? Everyone knows who she is..

I just don't see any compassion expect for protesting a bad situation.

Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting, the 1st Amendment right and law enforcement, what side would you have fell on during Rosa Park's era, when she decided that enough was enough and she was not going to be subjugated to go to the back of the bus for another human being no better or worse than she is simply because of her color?

What say you, and why?

The fact that you are comparing the struggles of Rosa Parks and people of her era to those whining today is why I can't take your question seriously.

Hello in there..there is still suffering.. and racism, hatred just about as much as there was back then.

Rosa Parks yes.
Colin Kapernick no.

However, what makes you think you'd be on Rosa Park's side considering your current views on the above?

You do realize that the arguments made against Rosa Park et al are the exact same arguments made against Colin Kapernick et al. What changed?
...Kap is protesting against police brutality against minorities --as I've proven many, many times on USMB--there is NO major, chronic problem of police brutality against minorities/blacks
...so Kap is protesting for crap/lies/myths

You've proven nothing. Besides Kapernick was also protesting racial injustice.

Since Rosa Parks protested on a public bus - yes.
If it had been a private bus - No.

Rosa Parks yes.
Colin Kapernick no.

Easy to call out injustice when you have the money to protect your home, family, future

She stood in the face of some ugly people, by herself without a means to support herself..so yes, it does make a difference .

It appears that Kapernick has lost a huge amount of money for what he has done. I just am not gong to look for ways to minimize what he's done. Money doesn't have anything to do with injustice.

Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police.
In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.
18.5 times
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

...there are about 900 police shootings per year--of course there are less than that of blacks
...and about 30 MILLION calls for police assistance -not counting traffic stops
do the math--the numbers show there is NOT a major, chronic problem with police shooting blacks OR whites
The majority (93%) of persons who requested police assistance felt the officers acted properly
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rpa11.pdf
of course you are going to have problems/errors/etc--that's what humans do!!!

and considering blacks commit crime/etc way above their numbers per capita--the police are doing a great job at NOT shooting---the Alton Sterling case is a perfect example of cops doing their best NOT to shoot
African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008,
According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in the year 2008 black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery. Black youths were overrepresented in all offense categories except DUI, liquor laws and drunkenness
Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia
police have to deal with blacks a lot more per capita--

Last edited:

It appears that Kapernick has lost a huge amount of money for what he has done. I just am not gong to look for ways to minimize what he's done. Money doesn't have anything to do with injustice.

I am not minimizing his heroism.. I just can not compare the 2. that is all.

Rosa Parks was a communist who worked for one of the communist front unions.

I remember Rosa Parks quite well. I remember the whole incident.

A commie hey. Oh boy. She was an activist, and that does not make her a communist.

Actually, it is a perceived wrong, he chose to protest, not a fight for law to be changed. And, as stated, in a private venue. If he had chosen to approach the councils of cities in which he perceived wrongs were happening, with irrefutable facts of that which he claims, then more power to him. He chose the easy way out. Taking a knee just created anger on all sides. It did nothing to help solve his perceptions of wrong.
She was protesting actual law allowing mistreatment/discrimination of Blacks.
Kapernick was protesting his perceived bias by cops, not a discriminatory law towards Blacks.
Tell me...what changed?

The thing is what kapernick and others are protesting is not perceived.

THIS IS YOUR OPINION. DO NOT GUILT TRIP OTHERS: "You do realize that the arguments made against Rosa Park et al are the exact same arguments made against Colin Kapernick et al."
Are you aware of the arguments used against the likes of Rosa Parks et al?

How do you figure he lost money?

He had a job and was paid until the end of the season after he knelt down.
He sucked as a quarterback and was cut.

Rosa Parks yes.
Colin Kapernick no.

After this statement you have no credibility.

Actually, it is a perceived wrong, he chose to protest, not a fight for law to be changed. And, as stated, in a private venue. If he had chosen to approach the councils of cities in which he perceived wrongs were happening, with irrefutable facts of that which he claims, then more power to him. He chose the easy way out. Taking a knee just created anger on all sides. It did nothing to help solve his perceptions of wrong.
Dear depootoo,

Can you expound on this so-called "easy way out?" And if you can, please expound on these so called "all-sides" you referred to.

Sincerely,
Marc

Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police.
In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.
18.5 times
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

...there are about 900 police shootings per year--of course there are less than that of blacks
...and about 30 MILLION calls for police assistance -not counting traffic stops
do the math--the numbers show there is NOT a major, chronic problem with police shooting blacks OR whites
The majority (93%) of persons who requested police assistance felt the officers acted properly
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rpa11.pdf
of course you are going to have problems/errors/etc--that's what humans do!!!

and considering blacks commit crime/etc way above their numbers per capita--the police are doing a great job at NOT shooting---the Alton Sterling case is a perfect example of cops doing their best NOT to shoot
African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008,
According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in the year 2008 black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery. Black youths were overrepresented in all offense categories except DUI, liquor laws and drunkenness
Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia

Per capita is an invalid measure. Black youths are not the only blacks living. And we'll discuss things when you start living in 2018 not reapting numbers from 2008..

I have to leave right now, but will answer a little later.
Dear depootoo,

Can you expound on this so-called "easy way out?" And if you can, please expound on these so called "all-sides" you referred to.

Sincerely,
Marc

I am not minimizing his heroism.. I just can not compare the 2. that is all.

Fair enough, that is your right.

Forum List

Back