Would You Have Supported Rosa Park's Silent Protest?

Would You Have Supported Rosa Parks et al during That Time?

• Yes

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
at least they didn't beat her/kill her/rape her and then rob her like blacks do today--to whites and blacks

Colin Kaepernick has already gone down in history just like Rosa Parks.

What standard are you using?

And now you're insulting Rosa Parks.
According to who...YOU!?!?!

And I'M supposed to take you seriously?

Mwuahahahahahahaha......!!!

lol.jpg

The fact that you are comparing the struggles of Rosa Parks and people of her era to those whining today is why I can't take your question seriously.
Rosa Parks' opposers also termed what she and they did as "whining", just like this poster is doing today, decades later.

What has changed?

Kapernick like lots of sports stars can go on to celebrity endorsements of commercial products now that he has milked fame. The legendary Rosa Parks not only did not have that opportunity in fact she would not have wanted it as well. Rosa Parks like MLK did what they did on a bedrock of old fashioned spirituality perhaps Christian spirituality. Like Ghandi had spirit, not like Kapernick.

Last edited:
I am not minimizing his heroism.. I just can not compare the 2. that is all.
Here is why I, and most others in the black community, can easily compare the two.

a. They both were taking a stand against injustice. In Rosa's case, the vestiges of segregation. In Colin's case, the vestiges of police brutality.
&
2. They both risked all they knew to take the stand they did. In Rosa's case, jail, and perhaps her life. In Colin's case, his career, livelihood and reputation.

They are really no different.

Private property was and still should be sacrosanct.
My property my rules.
Sacrosanct you say?...interesting standard.

What about doing what is morally right and just? Is that not sacrosanct?

Actually, it is a perceived wrong, he chose to protest, not a fight for law to be changed. And, as stated, in a private venue. If he had chosen to approach the councils of cities in which he perceived wrongs were happening, with irrefutable facts of that which he claims, then more power to him. He chose the easy way out. Taking a knee just created anger on all sides. It did nothing to help solve his perceptions of wrong.
She was protesting actual law allowing mistreatment/discrimination of Blacks.
Kapernick was protesting his perceived bias by cops, not a discriminatory law towards Blacks.
How you can see them as the same, is beyond me.
Tell me...what changed?

The thing is what kapernick and others are protesting is not perceived.

For it to be perceived means its not happening. But police brutality is occurring at a higher rate for non whites than whites. Racial injustice still goes on and the criminal justice system by all studied results is racially based. Taking that knee only created anger among white racists. Because it did not create anger on all sides,The constitution doesn't say we cannot protest in private venues. Private entities are mot immune from the constitution. He did not have to go to specific places to protest a national problem. Your post is stupid mainly due to the fact that you have no idea of what he has done besides taking a knee.

Yes but, Rosa was a lady without money.. who did not have security for her views to protect her..

I do see Kaepernick as a protester too but I doubt that he will ever go down in history like Rosa Parks.

Money has nothing to do with injustice.

Yes money has a lot to do with it..

Easy to call out injustice when you have the money to protect your home, family, future

She stood in the face of some ugly people, by herself without a means to support herself..so yes, it does make a difference .

It appears that Kapernick has lost a huge amount of money for what he has done. I just am not gong to look for ways to minimize what he's done. Money doesn't have anything to do with injustice.

How do you figure he lost money?

He had a job and was paid until the end of the season after he knelt down.
He sucked as a quarterback and was cut.

He took a team to a super bowl and an NFC championship game. He started .the last half of the season while taking a knee. He's better than the majority of QB's currently playing. Your opinion is wrong on all counts.

Actually, it is a perceived wrong, he chose to protest, not a fight for law to be changed. And, as stated, in a private venue. If he had chosen to approach the councils of cities in which he perceived wrongs were happening, with irrefutable facts of that which he claims, then more power to him. He chose the easy way out. Taking a knee just created anger on all sides. It did nothing to help solve his perceptions of wrong.
Kapernick was protesting his perceived bias by cops, not a discriminatory law towards Blacks.
Tell me...what changed?

For it to be perceived means its not happening. But police brutality is occurring at a higher rate for non whites than whites. Racial injustice still goes on and the criminal justice system by all studied results is racially based. Taking that knee only created anger among white racists. Because it did not create anger on all sides,The constitution doesn't say we cannot protest in private venues. Private entities are mot immune from the constitution. He did not have to go to specific places to protest a national problem. Your post is stupid mainly due to the fact that you have no idea of what he has done besides taking a knee.

When caught by the police, put your hands behind your head, interlock your fingers, kneel on the ground, and keep your mouth shut.
No brutality.

My property my rules.

Both you and your property are subject to the laws in the constitution.

Tell me...what changed?

When caught by the police, put your hands behind your head, interlock your fingers, kneel on the ground, and keep your mouth shut.
No brutality.

Wrong. We don't live in a police state and Dredd is not a real cop. So we don't have street judges and we do have rights upon being stopped by police.

Rosa Parks yes.
Colin Kapernick no.
This isn't about Colin Kapernick.

However, what makes you think you'd be on Rosa Park's side considering your current views on the above?

You do realize that the arguments made against Rosa Park et al are the exact same arguments made against Colin Kapernick et al. What changed?
They are not the same at all, child.

Rosa parks was protesting institutionalized racism. Kapernik is showing his solidarity with a group that defends black criminality while thumbing his nose to our entire country.

No brutality.

Wrong. We don't live in a police state and Dredd is not a real cop. So we don't have street judges and we do have rights upon being stopped by police.

You blacks just can't get rid of those chips on your shoulders.
Police have the right to arrest you and you have the right to plead your case in court.

My property my rules.

Both you and your property are subject to the laws in the constitution.

The Constitution allows me to associate with whomever I want and to not associate.
So I don't have to speak with anyone I don't want to speak with, listen to anyone I don't want to listen to, do business with anyone I don't want to do business with, or allow anyone I don't want to enter my property.

Rosa Parks? Most definitely. I would have sat beside her to protect her. Colin Kapernick was employed by the NFL and they make the rules. If an employer decides that certain type of clothing or slogans on t-shirts are not conducive to a good work environment, he or she can mandate that they not be worn at work......don't like it? Get another job where you can....no one is twisting their arms.

Personally? The national anthem's words and message hasn't applied to U.S citizens since March of 1933. We are not the home of the brave or land of the free. We need "safe places" for snowflakes to hide away and due to cultural marxism we have to be careful of anything we say lest someone take offense by playing the "politically correct" card.

Honestly? I would have empathized with Ms. Parks, and felt moved. But in reality, I wouldn't have done anything and let it slide because of the tenor of those current political tides. Cowardice, perhaps. Just like the current liberals bashing whites jump on the band wagon, it's the tenor of the times, the zeitgeist NOW. That group mentality stuff is scary then as it is NOW.

Forum List

Back