Would you rather discuss good politicians or dingbat politicians?

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
Obviously we are all eager to discuss dingbats more than decent politicians, and the same with the media - they focus on dingbats EXCLUSSIVELY. And so the question becomes WHO PUBLICIZES good politicians? and there you have the answer why our politicians are scum hypocrites - SOLUTION? stay tuned.

Obviously we are all eager to discuss dingbats more than decent politicians, and the same with the media - they focus on dingbats EXCLUSSIVELY. And so the question becomes WHO PUBLICIZES good politicians? and there you have the answer why our politicians are scum hypocrites - SOLUTION? stay tuned.

Perhaps if we keep talking about the dingbat politicians we will have fewer and fewer of them until all we have are great politicians. Being a politician is a thankless job until after one is dead and someone rewrites history. :)

Perhaps if we keep talking about the dingbat politicians we will have fewer and fewer of them until all we have are great politicians. Being a politician is a thankless job until after one is dead and someone rewrites history. :)

Well, decades of historical observation do not match that call to hope. There is no such thing as a great politician. Ther eisn't even many decent ones. The very role of a politician attracts the worst sociopaths and psycopaths of the group. And we, the voting public, created that climate by exponentially increasing the authority and implied value we have on these people.

So the real question is, should we talk about informed voters or sheeple voters. At this point i do not think there is much of a diffference since the system itself is an abject failure.

Perhaps if we keep talking about the dingbat politicians we will have fewer and fewer of them until all we have are great politicians. :)
They sure are getting smarter every 4 years :)

I'll give you points for boundless optimizism, however IMHO the reality is that you'll never have "great" politicians as long as you have a system that takes any person foolish enough to enter it and beats any virtue that they may have going in right out them.

The system isn't going to change unless We The People start holding the state accountable to the same moral standards that individuals are held to (that means no state sanctioned theft, torture, rape, murder, lying et al.... ), what's immoral for the individual must become immoral for the state else those residing in and around the halls of state power inevitably will become immoral and without virtue.

"The life of a nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous" -- Fredrick Douglass

The Democrats love their sociopaths/psychopaths and blame it all on the other Party's sociopaths/psychopaths, and vice versa for the Republicans.

When honest free thinkers come out against business as usual, Both Republicans and Democrats attack them with the viciousness of the rabid dogs they are.

Last edited:
I'll give you points for boundless optimizism,
How come my points are green one day and red another day? they keep swinging back and forth - one day I'm off the scale nut case another day I'm genius politician. and what's with the oxymoron? did I misspell the word? I miss your point.

Last edited:
The Democrats love their sociopaths/psychopaths and blame it all on the other Party's sociopaths/psychopaths, and vice versa for the Republicans.

When honest free thinkers come out against business as usual, Both Republicans and Democrats viciously attack them like the rabid dogs they are.
And more often than we know, they are paid establishment shills.

I'll give you points for boundless optimizism, however IMHO the reality is that you'll never have "great" politicians as long as you have a system that takes any person foolish enough to enter it and beats any virtue that they may have going in right out them.

The system isn't going to change unless We The People start holding the state accountable to the same moral standards that individuals are held to (that means no state sanctioned theft, torture, rape, murder, lying et al.... ), what's immoral for the individual must become immoral for the state else those residing in and around the halls of state power inevitably will become immoral and without virtue.

"The life of a nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous" -- Fredrick Douglass

Well, a group of grassroots people tried to do this and look what was done to them!

how come my points are green one day and red another day? they keep swinging back and forth - one day I'm off the scale nut case another day I'm genius politician. and what's with the oxymoron? did I misspell the word? I miss your point.

Oxymoron, juxtaposing apparent contradictions

As in cold heat, deafening silence, DECENT politician......it's borderline though since decent politician is both an oxymoron and a contradiction in terms. :tongue:

it doesn't matter

if a lib says something batshitcrazy, the media ignores it or spins it into everyone is racist.

If a con says something sincere, he's edited, and burned as a monster.

throw in the fact that voters allow pols to vote themselves more power and money..

Perhaps if we keep talking about the dingbat politicians we will have fewer and fewer of them until all we have are great politicians. :)
They sure are getting smarter every 4 years :)

Pretty soon they'll be up to a single celled organism.

Look at it this way; Our great nation was founded over 200 years ago, we have had 44 Presidents, and we are in the 113th Congress. We have had four Presidents assassinated, one Civil War, and more scandals and corruptions than one country should be allowed. While what we have today might be far, far from what the founding fathers might have envisioned I believe if they saw our government today they would fall down in awe. In a country of over 315 million 222 million of those are eligible voters. They can vote regardless of gender or race. They vote for President, as specified, Senators, Representatives, Governors, Mayors, etc, etc. We still stay amazing close to founding fathers intent. Intent alone will not make a great country however. In our case two other factors play a deciding role, the people and the politicians. If the collective wisdom of the voters did not exist the politicians needed would have never made it to office. If the politicians had not been people wise enough and upstanding enough to adhere to the founding principles we would crumbed into corruptness and away from the original intent long ago. Some days it does not come easy as when one has to wait hours in the cold to cast a vote or one has to work tirelessly for days to get a bill passed which will make a difference for so many people. For over two hundred years at some point, by some manner, the majority of Americans and the majority of politicians have pushed and pulled us through. The argument of exactly who is who is just the way it works.

Maybe I feel the way I do because I vote for Democrats. ;)

....or possibly you vote for Democrats because you feel the way you do, alternatively maybe you feel the way you do is because Democrats want you to feel that way since feeling that way entices you to vote for Democrats.

Yet another hypothesis suggests that you vote for Democrats because you think they feel the same way you do, then again maybe Democrats think you feel the way you do because you vote for them.

The great mysteries of the Universe are both boundless and eternal.

Forum List

Back