Would YOU support a Presidential candidate who held that Sharia Law superseded the U.S.Constitution?

NO, hell NO and if that is not clear NO!
So, are YOU guilty of requiring a religious test for public office?
Actually there is no law against it. This is liberals attempting, once again, to re-write the constitution.

No laws for or against the free-expression of religion.

Of course there is a law against it, idiot. The constitution specifically says there will be no religious test

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.[a]

And nothing can or will stop a man or woman from running for office. But that gives me no obligation to advocate or support them.

You are free to support anyone you want. Most republicans are supporting that idiot Trump. I love it. Each day he is in the lead, more and more people are deciding the GOP is just too crazy. GO TRUMP!!!

No. When/if this happens, it will be after much rebuilding the islam brand. This is total sci-fi, just imagining a muslim clearing a primary in the next couple decades.

This has come down to whether or not a candidate should put God ahead of the constitution. It's the softer edge Carson's campaign's moved this to. Truly, a candidate should see their God above the constitution, a piece of paper. I want to vote for a candidate whose belief in God isn't so fundamental as to be challenged by our constitution in the first place. There's no part of my christianity that's like that, but there are christian candidates who I 'would not advocate' in office because of their religion. While we're on the same page here, Ben Carson's stupid tithe-based-tax plan makes me think this way about him!

There is no religious test required, as to take the oath of office means you promise to defend the "Constitution", not any foreign government law or their set of values. When immigrants desire to become a citizen of this country, they are to assimilate themselves with our nation's laws and system of government, not ours to theirs. Which government, and which nation's set of laws do YOU want to support in the United States?

Would YOU support a Presidential candidate who held that Sharia Law superseded the U.S. Constitution?

The media is crowing in triumph after managing to catch Dr. Ben Carson in a "Gotcha" question.

They asked first if he would support a candidate whose views went against the Constitution. He gave the obvious answer: Of course not. (Never mind that this would cut out nearly every Democrat in elected office today.)

They then asked if he considered Muslim beliefs to be contrary to the Constitution. He correctly answered "Yes".

Then they asked if he would support a Muslim candidate for President. Rather than hedge, he flatly answered that he would not.

The media then jumped as far as they could, and are screaming that Dr. Carson would require a religious test for elected office, something forbidden by the Constitution.

When it's clear that Carson simply meant what he said: The he would not support anyone whose opinions and beliefs were contrary to the Constitution... whether those beliefs came from what he read in the newspaper this morning, or from his religion, or from what he was taught in public school, or from listening to Hillary. Doesn't matter WHY the guy held opinions that opposed the Constitution. If they did, then Dr. Carson would not support him, nor should he.

But the leftists are screaming with delight that they can twist what he said into something he obviously did NOT mean, and pretend he meant it. That's their bread and butter, no matter how false on disingenuous. And the leftists aren't about to give it up. In part because it's all they have.

So, let's ask generally:

Would YOU support a Presidential candidate who held that Sharia Law superseded the U.S. Constitution?

Why did he support Kim Davis then?

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
....no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States. - U.S. Constitution, Article 6, Paragraph 3
If it says it's not required that's the same as saying it can be allowed.
You come up with some of the weirdest distortions of the Constitution I've ever seen. And on a board full of desperate liberals, that's saying something. :cuckoo:
If you support the left, that's rich.

But I understand the English language. Saying something is not required doesn't mean it has to be prohibited. I guess you'll have to have somebody with a Doctorate in Language to explain it to you....because you'll never believe me.

And no. I wouldn't.
But you would gladly support a Mormon, even though they believe that all other Christian denominations are abominations, and believe that god was a physical man who had physical sex with Mary, and believe that god lives on the planet Kolob.

How fucked up is that? And you're worried about a Muslim?

And we honor and sustained the constitution.

I would not support anyone who opposes the constitution.I don't care what their beliefs are.
However, that doesn't stop the left from doing everything they can to make sure that what you think doesn't matter.

Obama wants to flood this country with Muslims.

If he's successful, what you think won't matter a damn.

Of course not.

Yes, this is a non-issue being blown out of proportion by leftists and the media.

"The Media" didn't blow anything out of proportion, Carson made a statement about a religious litmus test.

His handlers saw how badly that played in the media and now are qualifying and walking back what he said.

And still? He's been pretty clumsy about it. He's wholly not qualified to be President. That said? I hope he becomes the Republican candidate.

And no. I wouldn't.
But you would gladly support a Mormon, even though they believe that all other Christian denominations are abominations, and believe that god was a physical man who had physical sex with Mary, and believe that god lives on the planet Kolob.

And we honor and sustained the constitution.

I would not support anyone who opposes the constitution.I don't care what their beliefs are.
However, that doesn't stop the left from doing everything they can to make sure that what you think doesn't matter.

Obama wants to flood this country with Muslims.

If he's successful, what you think won't matter a damn.
‘We’re Going to Be the Majority Soon’ taunt Muslims

Carson does not support Sharia law
No American candidate does, or ever would! If they did, they would be a candidate for about 5 minutes. Carson's answer is a bullshit deflection from the question he was asked:

Could you ever see yourself supporting a Muslim for President.

He wasn't asked about Sharia.

The President swears to uphold the Constitution...PERIOD

And no. I wouldn't.

I might add that I also oppose any Mormon who won't support the constitution. Evidence would be my frequently denouncements of Harry Reid's activities.

The media is crowing in triumph after managing to catch Dr. Ben Carson in a "Gotcha" question.

They asked first if he would support a candidate whose views went against the Constitution. He gave the obvious answer: Of course not. (Never mind that this would cut out nearly every Democrat in elected office today.)

They then asked if he considered Muslim beliefs to be contrary to the Constitution. He correctly answered "Yes".

Then they asked if he would support a Muslim candidate for President. Rather than hedge, he flatly answered that he would not.

The media then jumped as far as they could, and are screaming that Dr. Carson would require a religious test for elected office, something forbidden by the Constitution.

When it's clear that Carson simply meant what he said: The he would not support anyone whose opinions and beliefs were contrary to the Constitution... whether those beliefs came from what he read in the newspaper this morning, or from his religion, or from what he was taught in public school, or from listening to Hillary. Doesn't matter WHY the guy held opinions that opposed the Constitution. If they did, then Dr. Carson would not support him, nor should he.

But the leftists are screaming with delight that they can twist what he said into something he obviously did NOT mean, and pretend he meant it. That's their bread and butter, no matter how false on disingenuous. And the leftists aren't about to give it up. In part because it's all they have.

So, let's ask generally:

Suspend the Constitution?

All you have to do is ignore it silly.

obama smoking.jpg

Carson does not support Sharia law
No American candidate does, or ever would! If they did, they would be a candidate for about 5 minutes. Carson's answer is a bullshit deflection from the question he was asked:

Could you ever see yourself supporting a Muslim for President.

He wasn't asked about Sharia.

The President swears to uphold the Constitution...PERIOD

Yes which makes it frustratingly annoying to watch you defend him as he breaks that oath daily and then procedure to act like no one else ever would.

Actually there is no law against it. This is liberals attempting, once again, to re-write the constitution.
Of course there is a law against it, idiot. The constitution specifically says there will be no religious test
There is no law prohibiting anyone from support/not supporting someone for President based on religious beliefs.

Many nutters are making a serious attempt to revise what Carson said.

I wonder why?

---

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," the retired neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate said on NBC's Meet the Press.

There was no mention of Sharia Law at that time. Countries like Turkey are democratic with no state religion, although over 96% are Muslim.

Carson should not talk about religion unless it affects the Constitution.
ANYONE relating religion to qualification for POTUS should be disqualified themselves.

Rain Man Carson is an idiot savant who is only interested in his Seventh-Day Adventist version of Christian Sharia Law. Does he hold the "secular" Constitution above his religious beliefs?

Adventist Beliefs

Seventh-day Adventists agree with many Catholic doctrines, including the Trinity, Christ’s divinity, the virgin birth, the atonement, a physical resurrection of the dead, and Christ’s Second Coming. They use a valid form of baptism. They believe in original sin and reject the Evangelical teaching that one can never lose one’s salvation no matter what one does (i.e., they correctly reject "once saved, always saved").

Unfortunately, they also hold many false and strange doctrines. Among these are the following: (a) the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon; (b) the pope is the Antichrist; (c) in the last days, Sunday worship will be "the mark of the beast"; (d) there is a future millennium in which the devil will roam the earth while Christians are with Christ in heaven; (e) the soul sleeps between death and resurrection; and (f) on the last day, after a limited period of punishment in hell, the wicked will be annihilated and cease to exist rather than be eternally damned. (For rebuttals of many of these ideas, see the Catholic Answers tracts, The Antichrist, The Hell There Is, Hunting the Whore of Babylon, The Whore of Babylon, and Sabbath or Sunday?)

More: Seventh-day Adventism | Catholic Answers

---
Carson believes in that crap???
And he criticizes other religions?
That's like saying "My crap beliefs are better than your shit".
Or "My shit don't stink". :confused-84:

Perhaps he is a savant:
"This syndrome occurs in individuals who score very low on Intelligence tests, while demonstrating exceptional skills or brilliance in specific areas, such as rapid calculation, art, memory, or neurosurgery."
:spinner:

Look,

extremist Christians like Ben Carson consider themselves literally in a religious war against other faiths.

That's not even anything new.

Forum List

Back