Would you support requiring all Americans to be religious

The religious right is constantly harping on this being a Christian nation, and "you have to believe in something greater than yourself", and that atheism is an existential threat to the United States, and that the Constitution protects freedom of religion but not the freedom to be non religious.

Scalia is the latest to join this discussion, saying government should favor religion over non religion and that America has only prospered because she has honored God.
Scalia: 'Don't cram' religious neutrality 'down throats of American people'

So would you favor passage of a law requiring all Americans to offer annual proof that they belong to an approved religious body (i.e. no spaghetti monster type stuff)? And what should be the penalty of failing to prove this? Death seems to be the only viable penalty to ensure that every American is religious, and so that no atheist scum are able to threaten America's survival by mocking God.

Another Straw Man thread

Justice Scalia did NOT say everybody should be religious. He simply says that God played a role in our foundation and should not be pushed away.

You atheists, satanists, and other nonbelievers you do whatever you with.
Just don't try to force me and others to adhere to your beliefs .

Liberals have no ability to understand anyone who disagrees with them.

No just quit banning everything about God in our society. Bring back payer in our schools. That would be a great start.
What should happen to the kids who refuse to pray?
They don't have to pray. Just letting God back in school would work wonders.
Since God is invisible, he probably never left...
When we banned public prayer in school he left. You can tell by the violence in schools today.
In the Bible, Jesus tells us to pray in an area that no one can see, in private.... praying in public was a show and not what he guided Christians to do...

Matthew 14, 15, 16 -

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

No just quit banning everything about God in our society. Bring back payer in our schools. That would be a great start.
When we banned public prayer in school he left. You can tell by the violence in schools today.
In the Bible, Jesus tells us to pray in an area that no one can see, in private.... praying in public was a show and not what he guided Christians to do...
Starting off the day praising the Lord with a group is not looked down on by God. Should I not pray before I eat in public?

Matthew 14, 15, 16 -

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."
Good works and glorifying God is not the same as praying...

Matthew 14, 15, 16 -

Oh? Who says?

Starting off the day praising the Lord with a group is not looked down on by God. Should I not pray before I eat in public?
Prayer has not been abolished in schools..People can pray all they like..What they can't do is force others to pray, like when in school in the 1960's...It must be volunteer and not during school class time..

Matthew 14, 15, 16 -

Oh? Who says?
The Judeans...

When we a nation under God we were great. Now we have gone against God. We got Obama.
So you support my proposal, then? Ban atheism and Agnosticism from the United States?
Which prayer? All religions, or just one...??
A prayer to the Lord thy God.
So mass conversion of children through brainwashing. Sounds like government establishment of religion to me.
When we a nation under God we were great. Now we have gone against God. We got Obama.
So you support my proposal, then? Ban atheism and Agnosticism from the United States?
Do they have to bow their heads?

When was that?
Before liberals started to take over.
Liberals had already taken over in the '30's and '40's...
Prayer was taken out of school in the late sixties. Also welfare which broke up american families mostly black, started. Abortion in the 70's. All down hill since then.

Matthew 14, 15, 16 -

Oh? Who says?
The Judeans...

Reference?

Which prayer? All religions, or just one...??
A prayer to the Lord thy God.
So mass conversion of children through brainwashing.
Do they have to bow their heads?
No, at one time he had public prayer in schools. You know before violence started happening on just about a daily basis.

No just quit banning everything about God in our society. Bring back payer in our schools. That would be a great start.[/QUOTE]
What should happen to the kids who refuse to pray?[/QUOTE]
They don't have to pray. Just letting God back in school would work wonders.[/QUOTE]
Do they have to bow their heads?[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the food we eat,
Thank you for the world so sweet,
Thank you for the birds that sing,
Thank you God for everything. Amen.

Truly bonechilling, eh?

The religious right is constantly harping on this being a Christian nation, and "you have to believe in something greater than yourself", and that atheism is an existential threat to the United States, and that the Constitution protects freedom of religion but not the freedom to be non religious.

Scalia is the latest to join this discussion, saying government should favor religion over non religion and that America has only prospered because she has honored God.

So would you favor passage of a law requiring all Americans to offer annual proof that they belong to an approved religious body (i.e. no spaghetti monster type stuff)? And what should be the penalty of failing to prove this? Death seems to be the only viable penalty to ensure that every American is religious, and so that no atheist scum are able to threaten America's survival by mocking God.

Another Straw Man thread

Justice Scalia did NOT say everybody should be religious. He simply says that God played a role in our foundation and should not be pushed away.

You atheists, satanists, and other nonbelievers you do whatever you with.
Just don't try to force me and others to adhere to your beliefs .

When was that?
Before liberals started to take over.
Liberals had already taken over in the '30's and '40's...
Prayer was taken out of school in the late sixties. Also welfare which broke up american families mostly black, started. Abortion in the 70's. All down hill since then.

That's also when union busting and the exportation of jobs got a full head of steam.

THAT is why this country has declined.

Just Christian prayer?
Yes a christian prayer, the way it was before liberals banning it and starting the downturn of our country.

Religion has set humanity back untold centuries with its idiocy. Why should reading a 2,000 year old book be required? If anything should be required I think a good education in science, history and math should be it.
Yeah, because our schools are so great now. Since prayer was taken out. Education in this country Is a joke.

Sure and I vote we all become Taoist!

If that is a no for the mass then no we should not force other people to believe in a deity and if someone believe we should be forced to, well Iran will welcome them in open arms as long as they convert to Islam...

Just Christian prayer?
Yes a christian prayer...

So prayer that discriminates against all other religions, in public schools paid for by citizens of all religions.

Just Christian prayer?
Yes a christian prayer...

So prayer that discriminates against all other religions, in public schools paid for by citizens of all religions.
A christian prayer covers about all the religions. Praying to the Lord to let him know your thank him and to bless the day you are fixing to live won't harm anyone.

Forum List

Back