Would you support requiring all Americans to be religious

The religious right is constantly harping on this being a Christian nation, and "you have to believe in something greater than yourself", and that atheism is an existential threat to the United States, and that the Constitution protects freedom of religion but not the freedom to be non religious.

Scalia is the latest to join this discussion, saying government should favor religion over non religion and that America has only prospered because she has honored God.
Scalia: 'Don't cram' religious neutrality 'down throats of American people'

So would you favor passage of a law requiring all Americans to offer annual proof that they belong to an approved religious body (i.e. no spaghetti monster type stuff)? And what should be the penalty of failing to prove this? Death seems to be the only viable penalty to ensure that every American is religious, and so that no atheist scum are able to threaten America's survival by mocking God.

Yours simply has to be the most stupid post of all time.

The religious right is constantly harping on this being a Christian nation, and "you have to believe in something greater than yourself", and that atheism is an existential threat to the United States, and that the Constitution protects freedom of religion but not the freedom to be non religious.

Scalia is the latest to join this discussion, saying government should favor religion over non religion and that America has only prospered because she has honored God.

So would you favor passage of a law requiring all Americans to offer annual proof that they belong to an approved religious body (i.e. no spaghetti monster type stuff)? And what should be the penalty of failing to prove this? Death seems to be the only viable penalty to ensure that every American is religious, and so that no atheist scum are able to threaten America's survival by mocking God.

YOur ability to understand those you disagree with is effectively zero.

YOur should rephrase everything above that you think you know, as a question.

I. Would. Not. Submit.

I do not believe in any form of Monothestic God Head Worship.

When we a nation under God we were great. Now we have gone against God. We got Obama.
So you support my proposal, then? Ban atheism and Agnosticism from the United States?
No just quit banning everything about God in our society. Bring back payer in our schools. That would be a great start.
What should happen to the kids who refuse to pray?
They don't have to pray. Just letting God back in school would work wonders.

When we a nation under God we were great. Now we have gone against God. We got Obama.
So you support my proposal, then? Ban atheism and Agnosticism from the United States?
No just quit banning everything about God in our society. Bring back payer in our schools. That would be a great start.
Since God is invisible, he probably never left...

Which prayer? All religions, or just one...??
A prayer to the Lord thy God.

When we banned public prayer in school he left. You can tell by the violence in schools today.

No, I would not, and that is not what Scalia said.

However, it is still easily a Christian majority, and the basis of the foundations are Judea-Christian in origin, as well as the classical liberalism of Locke, Say, Malthus, Hobbes, and others.

While it may not be "a Christian nation", it is by far "a nation of Christians"

When we banned public prayer in school he left. You can tell by the violence in schools today.
In the Bible, Jesus tells us to pray in an area that no one can see, in private.... praying in public was a show and not what he guided Christians to do...

We had Christian nations, when the Catholics were powerful enough to impose their will on governments.

Those were not good times.

Another Straw Man thread

Justice Scalia did NOT say everybody should be religious. He simply says that God played a role in our foundation and should not be pushed away.

You atheists, satanists, and other nonbelievers you do whatever you with.
Just don't try to force me and others to adhere to your beliefs .

Forum List

Back