Votes: 29 42.0%
  • No he is a proven loser

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Yes and I voted for Obama in 2012

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • No Romney is not conservative enough

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters
When did Romney do that? Or is this another fabrication by the Left you've bought into?

OK so it was a fabrication by the Left. The man asked Romney his opinion an Romney gave it in a very straightforward way. The guy didnt like it, fuck him.
And by the way Obama's opinion at the time was the EXACT SAME THING.

Fabrication? What part of my linked video was a fabrication? Why should I give a shit what Obama's opinion is on this issue? For me the election was between Romney & Gary Johnson. Romney would have been my second choice based on his support for tyranny of the majority.

"tyranny of the majority" WTF does that mean? Everything we do in a democracy is based on a majority vote. There is no tyranny in a democracy. You or I may not always agreee with the will of the majority, but the majority does rule.

You are wrong. We live in a republic, not a pure democracy. Our republic was formed with a Constitution originally designed to restrict the majority from wielding the power (aka. tyranny of the simple majority) to take liberty away from individuals and smaller groups. Granted most of the barriers to tyranny of the majority have been removed.

Funny how authoritarians cheer on the tyranny when it swings their way then decry it when it swings against them, yet never come to the light bulb moment that their own tyranny is the real issue at hand.

completely wrong, what we are seeing today in the USA is the tyranny of the minority. And, yes, I am aware that we live in a representative republic, not a pure democracy. I was trying to simplify in order to make a point. Whats worse than a majority taking rights from a minority?--------------a minority taking rights from the majority.

When did Romney do that? Or is this another fabrication by the Left you've bought into?

OK so it was a fabrication by the Left. The man asked Romney his opinion an Romney gave it in a very straightforward way. The guy didnt like it, fuck him.

Fabrication? What part of my linked video was a fabrication? Why should I give a shit what Obama's opinion is on this issue? For me the election was between Romney & Gary Johnson. Romney would have been my second choice based on his support for tyranny of the majority.

"tyranny of the majority" WTF does that mean? Everything we do in a democracy is based on a majority vote. There is no tyranny in a democracy. You or I may not always agreee with the will of the majority, but the majority does rule.

You are wrong. We live in a republic, not a pure democracy. Our republic was formed with a Constitution originally designed to restrict the majority from wielding the power (aka. tyranny of the simple majority) to take liberty away from individuals and smaller groups. Granted most of the barriers to tyranny of the majority have been removed.

Funny how authoritarians cheer on the tyranny when it swings their way then decry it when it swings against them, yet never come to the light bulb moment that their own tyranny is the real issue at hand.

completely wrong, what we are seeing today in the USA is the tyranny of the minority. And, yes, I am aware that we live in a representative republic, not a pure democracy. I was trying to simplify in order to make a point. Whats worse than a majority taking rights from a minority?--------------a minority taking rights from the majority.

Most authoritarians mistakenly believe that liberty is the liberty to tie people down and rape them. You are wrong. Liberty does not mean the liberty to shit all over people cause you have 51% of the vote on your side.

As for your "straw-man" that the minority are taking away your liberties.. ok what liberties are the evil minorities taking away from you?

When did the exercise of rights become a zero sum game?

When did we have to take rights from others in order to have them for ourselves?

Most authoritarians mistakenly believe that liberty is the liberty to tie people down and rape them. You are wrong. Liberty does not mean the liberty to shit all over people cause you have 51% of the vote on your side.

As for your "straw-man" that the minority are taking away your liberties.. ok what liberties are the evil minorities taking away from you?

Horseshit. no one thinks that liberty gives you the freedom to rape and murder----where do you get this shit?

to your second question:
affirmative action
welfare mothers
illegals getting US benefits
calling the US flag offensive
allowing radical muslims to enter the US and plot the murder of innocents
getting our young killed in useless no-win wars
making us energy hostages to those who hate us.

Now, who is the minority that is doing those things? congress and the administration

When did we have to take rights from others in order to have them for ourselves?
It started right after the civil war. See the due process clause that gives the States the right to take your life, liberty, and property. That was followed by the 16th and 17th amendments that put the nail in the coffin for liberty.

I never said it was. Rights are for everyone------equally. No special rights for any minority or majority.

But you also are missing the point--------------the majority does rule at the polling place, in congress, and in local state and city legislatures. 51% or more voting one way decides what laws all of us will live by. A majority ratified the constitution, a majority approved the signing of the declaration of independence, a majority found OJ innocent.

Majority rules------------why is that so hard for you to grasp?

It started right after the civil war. See the due process clause that gives the States the right to take your life, liberty, and property. That was followed by the 16th and 17th amendments that put the nail in the coffin for liberty.

you just contradicted your earlier posts, :banghead:

Romney will not be running.

I think you are right, but from the poll he would win if the "he's not conservative enough" people voted for him. He would be president today if they had done that in 2012. Thats the point of this thread. The far right elected obama. We need to face that and make sure it doesn't happen in 2016

Don't make assumptions.

You made a ridiculous statement about rights being something to quarrel over, so I called you on it.

I'm one of those old-fashioned "All men are created equal" people. (Dear PC bleeding hearts, that statement refers to "men" in the general sense of hupersonity)

Horseshit. no one thinks that liberty gives you the freedom to rape and murder----where do you get this shit?

to your second question:
affirmative action
welfare mothers
illegals getting US benefits
calling the US flag offensive
allowing radical muslims to enter the US and plot the murder of innocents
getting our young killed in useless no-win wars
making us energy hostages to those who hate us.

Now, who is the minority that is doing those things? congress and the administration

There are many forms of rape, I didn't say anything about murder, but since you brought it up, state sponsored murder of citizens is taking place without trial. This thanks to the tyranny of the majority that brought you the unpatriot act.

Back to rape, you feel that you have the power to rape gays of their right to get married to another consenting adult of their choosing.

To your answer..., which by the way is not an answer to the question, but rather is just a list of stuff, how did minorities force affirmative action, welfare mothers, illegals getting US benefits, calling the US flag offensive, allowing radical muslims to enter the US and plot the murder of innocents, getting our young killed in useless no-win wars, and making us energy hostages to those who hate us.

Please show me where a minority group forced these things on us.

I think you are right, but from the poll he would win if the "he's not conservative enough" people voted for him. He would be president today if they had done that in 2012. Thats the point of this thread. The far right elected obama. We need to face that and make sure it doesn't happen in 2016

I'll not only not vote for him, I'll actively campaign against him.

I agree with you. That's why I voted and posted that I believed he wasn't Conservative enough back then, let alone now.

Still, we don't need to face that fact now, he's finished and I don't see a Republican candidate to discuss and that's likely the reason for this thread.

Where are the Republican leaders?

then you will help elect Hillary. If thats what you want, fine. Just realize what you are doing and stop beating around the bush, you want HRC to be POTUS. We get it.

"
Do you think Obama is not uber wealthy? Or Hillary? Or Liz Warren?
Even so, George Washington was uber wealthy, as were most of the Founders. Do you think an uber wealthy person cannot understand what average people want? It is the baneful politics of personal experience."

I do NOT think an uber wealthy person has any clue as to what average people need or want. It is two different worlds, two different countries in a sense.
Let's find a guy who has been a janitor for the past 30 years to run. He gets my vote without knowing a thing about him.

I agree with you. That's why I voted and posted that I believed he wasn't Conservative enough back then, let alone now.

We don't need to face that fact now, he's finished.

I don't think he will be the GOP nominee. But if its Romney vs HRC. I will actively campaign against HRC, you can take that any way you want.

Where does the Romney hate come from? He is a good person, successful in business, loves his family and his country, is honest and maybe too truthful. Is it jealousy of his success? what is it?

I wouldn't vote for him in 2012, and I wouldn't vote for him in 2016.

He lost because not even Republicans trusted him. He was all over the place on the issues. During the primaries he pretended to be a conservative. During the general election he moved back towards the center. Anybody with half a brain knew he meant none of it.

I never said it was. Yes you did Rights are for everyone------equally. Except gays right? No special rights for any minority or majority. Except heteros, right? Lots of special rights exclusive to heteros correct?

But you also are missing the point--------------the majority does rule at the polling place, in congress, and in local state and city legislatures. 51% or more voting one way decides what laws all of us will live by. This is a new thing you understand that correct? The Constitution used to bind our laws such that a simple majority could not take our liberties way you got that right?

A majority ratified the constitution, a majority approved the signing of the declaration of independence, a majority found OJ innocent. Most murder trials require a unanimous vote, not a simple majority. There is a marked difference between unanimous, super majority requirements, and simple majority requirements.

In blue. Tyranny of the Majority is not what liberty is about, nimrod.

I think we are going to see a lot more people like me who have voted but are sitting the next one out. Heck I'm sitting out the next governor election in my state of Wisconsin. I voted for walker in the last two including the recall. I'm done . That doesn't cast a vote for the challenger however..

Forum List

Back