Would you want to live forever?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
If so...why? Everyone you love will die, yet you will continue on. Yes, you would see and experience amazing things, but..knowing you will never die...wouldn't that make you insane after awhile because you WON'T ever be able to keep company forever with someone else?

Sorry..got that song by Queen in my head...and watched Highlander last night.

If so...why? Everyone you love will die, yet you will continue on. Yes, you would see and experience amazing things, but..knowing you will never die...wouldn't that make you insane after awhile because you WON'T ever be able to keep company forever with someone else?

We already can't keep company forever with someone else. I've lost some good friends over the years, I've lost my little brother and my parents, my Aunts, all but one of my uncles, and several cousins. My husband has Parkinson's I will likely outlive him, does that mean my life shouldn't go on? I don't know if I want to live forever but not wanting to shouldn't be based on the fact that you will lose your loved ones, people lose their loved ones everyday and they continue to go on, as they should.

If I could kill myself at any time then hell yea. I would spend a few centuries getting wasted and fighting, sinning as massively as possible, becoming insanely powerful, and eventually conquering as much territory as I could with the armies I will have amassed. If somehow all that got boring, then I'd pull the trigger.

But if I HAD to live forever, then I'd probably turn it down.

Be careful of the 'Monkey's Paw' syndrome.

Wishing must be done with caution.

It was a generic question.
I wouldn't want to live forever. It would be too lonely.

Nope. Either you would want to live forever...or not.
It takes some major thinking about, so a yes answer is something I would like to understand the whys and wherefores.

Nope. Either you would want to live forever...or not.
It takes some major thinking about, so a yes answer is something I would like to understand the whys and wherefores.

Then I would say no. It would drive anyone mad to live forever.

This would be a problem. Human psychology is not harmonious with this concept. Interesting as it might be to watch a mountain chain rise, after 250,000,000 years you might want to change channels.

Exactly. Which is why I have always been amazed when I see movies or read books about someone searching for the fountain of youth....to stay young and actually live FOREVER. Forever is a mighty long time.

Nope.

The whole idea is that you want to as many things as you possibly can, fulfil as many dreams, because of the knowledge that you won't live forever.

Immortality will be horrible and boring.

That reminds me of The Green Mile...I hope to live long enough to see my children grown and happily settled with families of their own, and I will be prepared to peaceful leave my earthly body.

Forum List

Back