Would you want to live forever?

I wouldn't want to live forever, unless I still had many people in my life with whom I had much in common.

I am living my dreams and look forward to many more adventures. I am in the process of contemplating another lifestyle change, at this very moment....:D The door has been opened. But I haven't yet considered the price. That will be the determining factor. Do I stand to lose or gain, more than I have. The only way to know for sure, is to do it, but I hate to leave this adventure in Oregon, to move back to California to waiting arms...:)

If so...why? Everyone you love will die, yet you will continue on. Yes, you would see and experience amazing things, but..knowing you will never die...wouldn't that make you insane after awhile because you WON'T ever be able to keep company forever with someone else?

Would I want to live forever? Yes. Why not? If everyone else died and I went on and on, that would make it less inviting. Also, the idea of never being able to die, that also makes it less inviting.

So, if your premise is I would live forever while everyone else died and that I would never be able to die, I guess I'd say no, I wouldn't want to live 'forever.'

However, if everyone around me wasn't dying, and if I had the choice to die at some point, then yes, I'd prefer not to die or a long, long time.

In any case, your post suggests that people probably would not want to live forever, but isn't that what Heaven is, the eternal afterlife? It would seem that everyone who believes in Heaven does wish to live forever.

Forum List

Back