Wounded vet not a "True Hero"

Well, maybe not,

unless of course, like Walsh, you're a member of the House of Representatives,

as a member of the Republican Party.

So, one GOP guy says something dumb, and he represents the entire party.

But if someone quotes a liberal saying something dumb in context and verbatim, it's "hate speech".

Right?

What an idiotic statement. Instead of condemning the statement, you want to point at some unknown shiny thing.
I point out leftist hypocrisy when I see it. Your whining about it alters nothing.

They trashed Kerry who won a silver medal

Yet you conveniently forget what he did against our country in France...

Working toward ending the war in Vietnam was truly patriotic. What exactly did we lose? Aren't you happy that the Vietnamese were still strong enough to end our fiasco in Cambodia?
Treason is the new patriotism.

Unless you somehow think that meeting with our nation's enemies when he had no authority to do so and rubber-stamping their demands for a US surrender WASN'T treason...?

So, one GOP guy says something dumb, and he represents the entire party.

But if someone quotes a liberal saying something dumb in context and verbatim, it's "hate speech".

Right?

What an idiotic statement. Instead of condemning the statement, you want to point at some unknown shiny thing.
I point out leftist hypocrisy when I see it. Your whining about it alters nothing.

Only if one were stupid enough to believe such a childish broad brush. You're the fucking child who decided to defend the stupid fucking statement by pointing to something else, that I personally never defended. You're tossing right wing salad to the point where you can taste what the pigs will eat tomorrow.

I'd take Dems more seriously on these matters but then they support a guy like Blumenthal in CT, so you know they're fucking lying

Last edited:
40+ years ago.

Face it, Carby: You claim Walsh represents the entire GOP. There's no way to credibly deny it.

But that won't stop you, will it?

I responded to this:

Not every idiot that opens his mouth represents their party,

He does in fact represent the Republican party, as a Republican representative.

You know, as an aside, you maybe should have just said he was wrong to say such a thing and then left it alone.
See, I was right? You denied it, but not credibly.

How does it feel to be so predictable yet consider yourself so clever?

When I hear anyone of consequence in the Republican party say that Walsh does not or should not represent the GOP as a GOP congressman, when I hear one call for someone of consequence in the GOP that he resign so that he does NOT represent their party,

then we'll talk. Until then, keep being an asshole. Nobody does it better.

"WALSH: Understand something about John McCain. His political advisers, day after day, had to take him and almost throw him against a wall and hit him against the head and say, “Senator, you have to let people know you served! You have to talk about what you did!” He didn’t want to do it, wouldn’t do it. Day after day they had to convince him. Finally, he talked a little bit about it, but it was very uncomfortable for him. That’s what’s so noble about our heroes. Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about. Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we’re so indebted and in awe of what they’ve done."

Hmmm. Not quite what you thought it was now is it?

Walsh gets to decide what "true heroes" get to talk about?

Who the fuck is he?

If McCain didn't want to talk about his POW experience, that was his right. If Duckworth wants to talk about her war experience, that is her right. Both paid their dues.......Walsh didn't

His opinion was he wasn't hearing enough about substance from her, and too much of her glorifying her military service. It's well within bounds.

Rep. Walsh says Duckworth isn't a 'true' hero

Doesn't get any better for Republicans....Attacking a veteran who lost both legs in an attack. Not a "true hero". Is it because she is a woman or a Democrat?

Rep. Joe Walsh of Illinois, considered one of the most vulnerable freshmen in Congress, is seen on a video criticizing Democratic opponent Tammy Duckworth for talking too much about her military service.

"Now I'm running against a woman who, my God, that's all she talks about. Our true heroes, it's the last thing in the world they talk about," Walsh, R-Ill., can be heard saying about Duckworth.

The video was posted on ThinkProgress, a blog that's an outlet of the left-leaning Center for American Progress.

Duckworth, a former Obama appointee, lost both her legs and partial use of her right arm when a rocket-propelled grenade hit the Black Hawk helicopter she was piloting in Iraq. She told USA TODAY in a 2005 interview that she wanted to fly Army helicopters because "I wanted to take the same risks as the guys."

"WALSH: Understand something about John McCain. His political advisers, day after day, had to take him and almost throw him against a wall and hit him against the head and say, “Senator, you have to let people know you served! You have to talk about what you did!” He didn’t want to do it, wouldn’t do it. Day after day they had to convince him. Finally, he talked a little bit about it, but it was very uncomfortable for him. That’s what’s so noble about our heroes. Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about. Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we’re so indebted and in awe of what they’ve done."

USA Today, the author of the article neglected your context, I suspect think progress isn't any better..unless rightwinger wants to post the the link so we can see of they have it too.

typical. between the edited 911 tape ala Zimmerman, the Romney deli sadnwhich computer edit, the Wapo's article on Romeys 'outsourcing' , the msm is having quite the field day.

Who the fuck is he?

If McCain didn't want to talk about his POW experience, that was his right. If Duckworth wants to talk about her war experience, that is her right. Both paid their dues.......Walsh didn't

His opinion was he wasn't hearing enough about substance from her, and too much of her glorifying her military service. It's well within bounds.

It's well outside the bounds of common sense. And common decency. The woman's legs are gone. How do you keep people from noticing that?

Who the fuck is he?

It's well outside the bounds of common sense. And common decency. The woman's legs are gone. How do you keep people from noticing that?

Look at her breasts?:D

Only if one were stupid enough to believe such a childish broad brush. You're the fucking child who decided to defend the stupid fucking statement by pointing to something else, that I personally never defended. You're tossing right wing salad to the point where you can taste what the pigs will eat tomorrow.
You stuck your stupid face into the conversation I had with Carby, pointing out the left's hypocrisy.

Obviously, you felt your toes stepped on, or you wouldn't have interjected.

Oh, and by the way, you of all people bitching about broad brushing is particularly amusing. :lol:

I responded to this:

Not every idiot that opens his mouth represents their party,

He does in fact represent the Republican party, as a Republican representative.

You know, as an aside, you maybe should have just said he was wrong to say such a thing and then left it alone.
See, I was right? You denied it, but not credibly.

How does it feel to be so predictable yet consider yourself so clever?

When I hear anyone of consequence in the Republican party say that Walsh does not or should not represent the GOP as a GOP congressman, when I hear one call for someone of consequence in the GOP that he resign so that he does NOT represent their party,

then we'll talk. Until then, keep being an asshole. Nobody does it better.

Keep making demands like a petulant, spoiled child. Nobody does it better.

By the way: I've never heard anyone of consequence in the Democratic Party condemn the practice of licking yogurt off of hobos' feet.

Therefore, you all support it.

Dood. That's nasty. Cut that out.

Conservatives did the same thing to Max Cleland. No one should be even mildly surprised at this sort of behaviour,

at this point.
general_betray_us.gif

That moral high ground that you think you're standing on?

It's a pile of leftist shit.

Duckworth isn't a "war hero" because she is a liberal. The only liberal "war hero" was Pat Tillman and that's because he made for a good recruiting gimmick and he was killed. Hell conservatives don't even think liberals serve in, let alone make careers of the military, so how could they be "war heroes"?

Tillman excluded.

Duckworth isn't a "war hero" because she is a liberal. The only liberal "war hero" was Pat Tillman and that's because he made for a good recruiting gimmick and he was killed. Hell conservatives don't even think liberals serve in, let alone make careers of the military, so how could they be "war heroes"?

Tillman excluded.

Tillman excluded....until his parents started making noise.

Who the fuck is he?

No it is not......

If he wants to attack her qualifications, he is in bounds. If he thinks she talks too much about her military experience, he is out of line. Let him explain how military experience is not leadership

If he says she is not a true hero.....he is an asshole

Forum List

Back