Wow Some on this Forum Will Love Seeing this...

Yeah...white people never picked cotton or anything like that. We NEEDED black slaves for that? You not only sound like youve never read a book. .you sound like you never grew out of diapers. Lmao

Fucking amazing the stupidity of some people.

No blacks means whites would have done the work...and even though we had black slaves doing it....whites picked cotton at that time too. Fucking stupid leftists and their retarded views.

We did not need slaves for anything. It was the dumbest thing that this country did....they were and are not worth the trouble they cause here.

... of course I am not one. First Grand Wizard of the KKK gets his own day in Tennessee. It started under Haslem, but it is up to the Governor of the state to renew it each year... How sad they are celebrating a man of his ilk.

66426657_694983330937009_4838999679419023360_n.jpg

Forrest was a complex character. On one hand fought for the Confederacy and was accused of a massacre of black prisoners at Fort Pillow. On the other hand after being drafted into the Klan as a figurehead to make it appear respectable, he abolished the organization and ordered all its regalia destroyed within half a year when the violence grew out of control.

Later he volunteered his services to hunt down and punish some yahoos who had lynched some blacks, and was invited by a black civil rights group to its public event where he kissed his black hostess on the cheek, a daring gesture at that time and place.

Wow, I didn't even know all of that.

Most historical reviews of him stop at his Klan thing and then that's it.

VERY complex character. Anyone who's into reading biographies, there's a tip.

Not saying whether he deserves his own day, statues, etc, but certainly a notable figure in history, especially Memphis, and worthy of far more than a superficial look.
True.

Indeed, all the ‘confederate’ generals were complex characters – Lee, Beauregard, Jackson, Longstreet, Hill…

But however complex and multifaceted, regardless their deeds and accomplishments, the fact remains that they betrayed their country, fought to defend and preserve America’s ‘peculiar institution’ both heinous and inhumane, and committed war crimes and crimes against humanity which render them among the most infamous figures of American history – deserving of no honor, no recognition, no commemoration.

considering there were no set rules for war at the time, war crimes is a hollow charge.

Yeah...white people never picked cotton or anything like that. We NEEDED black slaves for that? You not only sound like youve never read a book. .you sound like you never grew out of diapers. Lmao

In order for the indolent plantation owners to corner a world market on cotton and become an international economic player, yes. Same with sugar, here as well as the Caribbean and Brazil. ALL of that was labor-intensive, and you can't make enormous profits if you're actually paying wages to all that labor.

Don't know much about history do ya.

In order for the indolent plantation owners to corner a world market on cotton and become an international economic player, yes. Same with sugar, here as well as the Caribbean and Brazil. ALL of that was labor-intensive, and you can't make enormous profits if you're actually paying wages to all that labor.

We did not need slaves to do any of that. Lmao! It's funny as hell to watch you leftist retards argue in favor of slavery.

No blacks means whites would have done the work...and even though we had black slaves doing it....whites picked cotton at that time too. Fucking stupid leftists and their retarded views.

We did not need slaves for anything. It was the dumbest thing that this country did....they were and are not worth the trouble they cause here.

Again the abject ignorance of history.

Slaves were here and used for 250 years BEFORE THIS COUNTRY EXISTED, Dumbass. That was long established. The first African captives were brought here in fucking 1526. And at the same time they were being brought to Central and South America, which have never been part of this country even when it did exist.

(/offtopic)

I actually think while they were a bit overly brutal in their fight to be free, the Haitians were within their rights to revolt against their slave masters.

I'm not pro-slavery at all.

You said exactly what I was going to post, but I knew it wouldn't get through his 4 foot thick cement head.

It is a lot easier to make money when you are getting free labor, beyond the cost to feed and house them in a one room shack.

That's not even counting all the Asian slaves used to build the transcontinental railroad and mine gold.

Slaves were here and used for 250 years BEFORE THIS COUNTRY EXISTED, Dumbass. That was long established. The first African captives were brought here in fucking 1526. And at the same time they were being brought to Central and South America, which have never been part of this country even when it did exist.

(/offtopic)
I don't care. They should never have left Africa. If blacks were to have immigrated here and slavery never happened....this country would be better off.

... of course I am not one. First Grand Wizard of the KKK gets his own day in Tennessee. It started under Haslem, but it is up to the Governor of the state to renew it each year... How sad they are celebrating a man of his ilk.

66426657_694983330937009_4838999679419023360_n.jpg

Forrest was a complex character. On one hand fought for the Confederacy and was accused of a massacre of black prisoners at Fort Pillow. On the other hand after being drafted into the Klan as a figurehead to make it appear respectable, he abolished the organization and ordered all its regalia destroyed within half a year when the violence grew out of control.

Later he volunteered his services to hunt down and punish some yahoos who had lynched some blacks, and was invited by a black civil rights group to its public event where he kissed his black hostess on the cheek, a daring gesture at that time and place.

Not saying whether he deserves his own day, statues, etc, but certainly a notable figure in history, especially Memphis, and worthy of far more than a superficial look.
True.

Indeed, all the ‘confederate’ generals were complex characters – Lee, Beauregard, Jackson, Longstreet, Hill…

But however complex and multifaceted, regardless their deeds and accomplishments, the fact remains that they betrayed their country, fought to defend and preserve America’s ‘peculiar institution’ both heinous and inhumane, and committed war crimes and crimes against humanity which render them among the most infamous figures of American history – deserving of no honor, no recognition, no commemoration.

considering there were no set rules for war at the time, war crimes is a hollow charge.

Contemporary context is always essential, so fair point here. As for "crimes against humanity", if we discount the prosecution of war itself, there's little evidence of Forrest taking part in any. There is the accusation of Fort Pillow but it's not well supported. Such crimes could comprise, say, hanging draft evaders, which certainly did happen, but again I'm not aware of Forrest having dabbled in it.

What's more interesting to me about contemporary context is that the American Civil War was the first major war to be fought after the invention of the Minié Ball (the Crimean War being the first), which dramatically changed the nature of war casualties by changing the nature of the firearm itself, producing more devastating and more copious injuries with more accuracy than the world had previously known, a big reason that war produced so many deaths and so many amputations.

You said exactly what I was going to post, but I knew it wouldn't get through his 4 foot thick cement head.

It is a lot easier to make money when you are getting free labor, beyond the cost to feed and house them in a one room shack.

That's not even counting all the Asian slaves used to build the transcontinental railroad and mine gold.

Gold mining via slavery goes all the way back to literally Columbus, who captured Native Americans and demanded they go find gold in a place that didn't have any, and when they came back emptyhanded, cut off their hands.

(/offtopic)
I don't care. They should never have left Africa. If blacks were to have immigrated here and slavery never happened....this country would be better off.

Yeah, um... I don't think a doofus who's obviously never cracked a history book in his apology for a life is anywhere near qualified to say what would have made this country "better off", nomsane?

Listen..the Klan served it's purpose by keeping blacks terrified of assaulting, raping, and murdering whites. My great greats owned a cotton plantation in Texas in those years and had indentured blacks....they weren't slaves, they didn't own them...only a limited number of years of work. They didn't whip them, beat them, rape them or anything else. After Emancipation they stayed on for the same wages and took the family name. I've heard the stories.....freed slaves were like wild animals at times. Does anybody believe every black hanged by the Klan was innocent?
Of course they do. If it pays enough, that is. :deal:

True.

Contemporary context is always essential, so fair point here. As for "crimes against humanity", if we discount the prosecution of war itself, there's little evidence of Forrest taking part in any. There is the accusation of Fort Pillow but it's not well supported. Such crimes could comprise, say, hanging draft evaders, which certainly did happen, but again I'm not aware of Forrest having dabbled in it.

What's more interesting to me about contemporary context is that the American Civil War was the first major war to be fought after the invention of the Minié Ball (the Crimean War being the first), which dramatically changed the nature of war casualties by changing the nature of the firearm itself, producing more devastating and more copious injuries with more accuracy than the world had previously known, a big reason that war produced so many deaths and so many amputations.

The minie ball was the technical aspect, the continued reliance of Napoleonic tactics was the human factor.

Fuck off, Pogo. Plenty agree with me.

I'm afraid "X number of people agree with me" isn't the point. Rather the point is you've demonstrated an obliviousness to your own history and therefore what you think is worth approximately 0.778321 buckets of warm spit. You want to bring that number up, do some homework.

Forum List

Back