Wow, the Left really turning on Obama

Wow, I'm not easily surprised by anything in politics any more, but it was an eye-opener to see Jonathan Alter going after Obama today:

Exposed The White House s Professor-in-Chief - The Daily Beast

Obviously it's now becoming stylish to pound on Obama now that he can't run for anything, and then line up for Hillary. But holy crap, Obama still has two years in office, gang.

Obama had/has neither the managerial skills nor the temperament to be President, but we put him in there twice. Part of the blame for that has to go to the GOP, which has completely and utterly failed to provide the country with a clear, unified, positive vision for this country.

And here we are. A pox on both houses.

You're just noticing Obama's cooling with the left now? Obama lost the left almost 6 years ago. Don't you remember the outburst the 1st press secretary had just before a press conference, complaining that the left needed to give Obama "more time" to implement his campaign promises? I personally withdrew my support for his policies about a year into his first term, when it was clear he was going to continue the neocon foreign policy agenda.

There are no liberals in his cabinet and he's not a liberal President.

Obama is center-right.

[

That's what I love about you Progressives, Joe! Someone says eliminate excessive taxes and you immediately jump to the conclusion that they want to get rid of ALL taxes! Supply Side economics worked for John Kennedy. They worked for Ronald Reagan. They don't work for YOU because you're a classic tax and spend liberal who thinks there is only so much wealth in the world and if one person has it then they must have taken it from someone else.

Well, no, they didn't work for Ronald Reagan. Reagan ran up twice as much debt as the previous 39 presidents COMBINED.

And if you want to go back to JFK, the top marginal rate on the wealthy was 70% and we invested heavily in schools, roads, bridges, infrastructure and were spending billions trying to put guys into space. I'd love to have NASA funded at the level of JFK's day rather than hitching rides with the Russians. Oh, yeah, and the workforce was 30% unionized.

Yes, when 1% controls 43% of the wealth and the bottom 40% have only 1% of the wealth and their kids go to bed hungry, something is amiss.[

[

That's what I love about you Progressives, Joe! Someone says eliminate excessive taxes and you immediately jump to the conclusion that they want to get rid of ALL taxes! Supply Side economics worked for John Kennedy. They worked for Ronald Reagan. They don't work for YOU because you're a classic tax and spend liberal who thinks there is only so much wealth in the world and if one person has it then they must have taken it from someone else.

Well, no, they didn't work for Ronald Reagan. Reagan ran up twice as much debt as the previous 39 presidents COMBINED.

And if you want to go back to JFK, the top marginal rate on the wealthy was 70% and we invested heavily in schools, roads, bridges, infrastructure and were spending billions trying to put guys into space. I'd love to have NASA funded at the level of JFK's day rather than hitching rides with the Russians. Oh, yeah, and the workforce was 30% unionized.

Yes, when 1% controls 43% of the wealth and the bottom 40% have only 1% of the wealth and their kids go to bed hungry, something is amiss.[

Who's increased the debt more in their time in office, Joe...Ronald Reagan or Barack Obama?

And if you knew your history of US economics, Joe...you'd know that JFK proposed lowering the top rates for income tax from 91% to 65%. Keep in mind when you see THOSE numbers however that there were far more tax loopholes then...then there are now!

Too bad the TP'ers in Congress aren't willing to "Abide by the Constitution of the United States".

Then again they aren't willing to "Believe in the People" either.

As far as avoiding the "Pitfalls of Politics" goes they have managed to stumble into every single one that they have encountered to date up to and including trying to shut down the government and violate the Constitution by failing to uphold the credit worthiness on this nation.

So failing to abide by your stated principles is what makes you extremists in my opinion.

One more point, your fallacious claim that "Everyone is welcomed to join" goes, why is it that single women, gays, blacks and hispanics are conspicuous by their absence? Instead we see lots of angry old white people wearing funny costumes and carrying guns.

Words are meaningless unless you are willing to live by them. The TP'ers scream and shout a lot but their actions give them away.

More left wing prattle, nothing of substance, just hate and attack. You don't know who attends TP rallies so how can you comment on who does. You are just spewing left wing talking points and it is quite impressive how all on the left spew the same points.

Prove me wrong!

Post images of TP meetings around the nation showing the diversity. How many inner city TP meetings were held in the last month, quarter, year, ever?

That you were unable to refute a single thing that I posted and instead you went into a full blown ad hom attack mode tells me that you can't handle the truth about the TP and that it does not even attempt to live up to it's stated principles in reality.

In essence you are just as full of it as the rest of your fellow TP'ers. Have a nice day.

The point is and always has been is that your accusation that the Tea Party discriminates against blacks is just pure BS. There is nothing in their platform does that. There is nothing in the rhetoric of those who we can call leaders. It is an imagination made up by the liberal left. Mostly the reason that there are not more blacks is because blacks, for some reason that I don't understand, side with the party of slavery. So how would the Tea Party attract blacks? Since the beginning the left has lied about the TP. Every black that sides with the TP is labeled by the democrats as being a sell out or worse.

Why isn't there whites in the NAACP? A group that was formed by WHITE REPUBLICANS to help the black man. Why did the black House Caucus prohibit a BLACK Republican from membership. For that matter why is there even a all black caucus? Could a white man join either of those groups? I seriously doubt it. Can a black man join a TP, yes, without a doubt.

All you have is deflection because you cannot support the fact that the TP is an extremist right wing organization made up virtually exclusively of aging white people who don't even live up to their stated principles when it comes to actions.

Where did I deflect? What is a hoot is look at the democrat party, look at their leaders. Reid, he is older then dirty. Pelosi, rich arrogant grandmother Hillary, crooked as they come and again, old and white. And all of them sound angry, as do you.

You just deflected again!

But I am not surprised that a partisan sycophant such as yourself cannot comprehend your own myopic partisanship.

You have effectively conceded that my point is valid about the TP and that you have no substantive rebuttal. Have a nice day.

More left wing prattle, nothing of substance, just hate and attack. You don't know who attends TP rallies so how can you comment on who does. You are just spewing left wing talking points and it is quite impressive how all on the left spew the same points.

Prove me wrong!

Post images of TP meetings around the nation showing the diversity. How many inner city TP meetings were held in the last month, quarter, year, ever?

That you were unable to refute a single thing that I posted and instead you went into a full blown ad hom attack mode tells me that you can't handle the truth about the TP and that it does not even attempt to live up to it's stated principles in reality.

In essence you are just as full of it as the rest of your fellow TP'ers. Have a nice day.

The point is and always has been is that your accusation that the Tea Party discriminates against blacks is just pure BS. There is nothing in their platform does that. There is nothing in the rhetoric of those who we can call leaders. It is an imagination made up by the liberal left. Mostly the reason that there are not more blacks is because blacks, for some reason that I don't understand, side with the party of slavery. So how would the Tea Party attract blacks? Since the beginning the left has lied about the TP. Every black that sides with the TP is labeled by the democrats as being a sell out or worse.

Why isn't there whites in the NAACP? A group that was formed by WHITE REPUBLICANS to help the black man. Why did the black House Caucus prohibit a BLACK Republican from membership. For that matter why is there even a all black caucus? Could a white man join either of those groups? I seriously doubt it. Can a black man join a TP, yes, without a doubt.

All you have is deflection because you cannot support the fact that the TP is an extremist right wing organization made up virtually exclusively of aging white people who don't even live up to their stated principles when it comes to actions.

Where did I deflect? What is a hoot is look at the democrat party, look at their leaders. Reid, he is older then dirty. Pelosi, rich arrogant grandmother Hillary, crooked as they come and again, old and white. And all of them sound angry, as do you.

But I am not surprised that a partisan sycophant such as yourself cannot comprehend your own myopic partisanship.

You have effectively conceded that my point is valid about the TP and that you have no substantive rebuttal. Have a nice day.
The Tea Party is going to kick your nasty lying racist ass in a few weeks and I'm going to enjoy it immensely.

Yes, we are seeing day after day that Obama is a great campaigner, great at fundraising, but a lousy leader at a critical time.

The predictable result of a culture that more and more values style over substance.

And what will change in 2016? Absolutely nothing, which is why Hilary will never win the election.

Hilary may win but nothing will change. You're saying that the hil is such an outsider that she would never have a chance. That's hilarious. She's part of the ruling establishment.

No, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying Hilary won't win because she doesn't have the style to get the media interested, or to get those who don't much interested. ie, she's not good looking.

Doesn't matter who is outside or not, Obama, Bush, Clinton, they were all outsiders.

The media is infatuated with hilary. They're already in on the coronation.

Prove me wrong!

"partisan sycophant"

Good lord Teo that's YOU,pure projection.

Wow, I'm not easily surprised by anything in politics any more, but it was an eye-opener to see Jonathan Alter going after Obama today:

Exposed The White House s Professor-in-Chief - The Daily Beast

Obviously it's now becoming stylish to pound on Obama now that he can't run for anything, and then line up for Hillary. But holy crap, Obama still has two years in office, gang.

Obama had/has neither the managerial skills nor the temperament to be President, but we put him in there twice. Part of the blame for that has to go to the GOP, which has completely and utterly failed to provide the country with a clear, unified, positive vision for this country.

And here we are. A pox on both houses.

I dissagree that the GOP has completely and utterly failed to provide the country with a clear, unified, positive vision for this country.

They have clearly communicated their message, and swing voters plus the diversity vote was so turned off by it, they re-elected Obama.
"The diversity vote"? Oh, you mean the "entitlement vote"...right?
Wow...if you think all non white males are the "entitlement vote"....I'm wasting my breath.

You're not on Social Security or Medicare?

I was being sarcastic, Dude! What is the "diversity vote"?

My point is that a large part of the Democratic "base" now is people who get entitlements from government and want that to continue. I'm not making judgements about race because I think the entitlement voting block cuts across racial divides and continues to grow by the year. People like getting something for nothing.

Entitlement vote? Oh yea, the Mitten Romney 47% BULLSHIT...

We don't have a 'gargantuan welfare state'. America's safety net is below almost every other industrialized country in every measure. America more closely resembles the likes of Mexico than a modern First World industrialized nation.

We heard the ignorant rant of Mitt Romney and his 47%...

If there is a citizenry on this planet that does NOT have an entitlement mentality, it is the American people. American workers receive less benefits, paid leave, health care and take less vacation time than any other people. American workers take pride in the quality of their work and their work ethic.

What Romney said is a gross insult and reveals a dangerous mindset. He reeks of contempt for middle class working people and the poor.

Who are the 47%?

2-10-12bud-f1.jpg

Federal budget and Census data show that, in 2010, 91 percent of the benefit dollars from entitlement and other mandatory programs went to the elderly (people 65 and over), the seriously disabled, and members of working households. People who are neither elderly nor disabled — and do not live in a working household — received only 9 percent of the benefits.

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

80 percent of the workforce has seen their wages decline in real terms over the last quarter-century, and the average household has seen 40 percent of its wealth disappear during the Great Recession. Through it all, families never asked for a handout from anyone, especially Washington. They were left to go on their own, working harder, squeezing nickels, and taking care of themselves. But their economic boats have been taking on water for years, and now the crisis has swamped millions of middle class families. ref ref

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Is there anyone here who wants to make the argument that there ISN'T a ton of waste in our government? Why then is there so much resistance to something that is just common sense like asking for that waste to be eliminated?

TONS of waste? Government has more public scrutiny than private entities.

You folks deal in dogma and propaganda...

Examples of TONS...

080927_earmarks1.gif

The tea party just took the far right extreme, to a new extreme, very much like the evangelical right. Pragmatism has no extreme.

Blah blah blah, more ideological crap. What is extreme about the Tea Party? When are they going to start jailing liberals? How more extreme can a person get then to equate marriage between a man and a woman to sodomy?

I provide you the follow which I think pretty much sums up the Tea Party platform. Which of the following do you find extreme? Which do you find excludes anyone? Which one of these do you honestly believe we don't need?

Tea Party Movement Platform
Preamble: The Tea Party Movement is an all-inclusive American grassroots movement with the belief that everyone is created equal and deserves an equal opportunity to thrive in these United States where they may “pursue life, liberty and happiness” as stated in the Declaration of Independence and guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.

No one is excluded from participation in the Tea Party Movement. Everyone is welcomed to join in seeking to achieve the Tea Party Movement goals, which are as follows:

1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes
2. Eliminate the National Debt
3. Eliminate Deficit Spending
5. Abide by the Constitution of the United States
6. Promote Civic Responsibility
8. Believe in the People
9. Avoid the Pitfalls of Politics
10. Maintain Local Independence

Too bad the TP'ers in Congress aren't willing to "Abide by the Constitution of the United States".

As far as avoiding the "Pitfalls of Politics" goes they have managed to stumble into every single one that they have encountered to date up to and including trying to shut down the government and violate the Constitution by failing to uphold the credit worthiness on this nation.

So failing to abide by your stated principles is what makes you extremists in my opinion.

One more point, your fallacious claim that "Everyone is welcomed to join" goes, why is it that single women, gays, blacks and hispanics are conspicuous by their absence? Instead we see lots of angry old white people wearing funny costumes and carrying guns.

Words are meaningless unless you are willing to live by them. The TP'ers scream and shout a lot but their actions give them away.

Prove me wrong!

This may be the most ignorant post EVER...

You just equated the tea party with:

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a civil rights organization for ethnic minorities in the united States.

OK pea brain, then lets properly label the tea party...

The tea party (teabaggers), an organization for ethnic WHITE majority in the united States

Is there anyone here who wants to make the argument that there ISN'T a ton of waste in our government? Why then is there so much resistance to something that is just common sense like asking for that waste to be eliminated?

Examples of TONS...

080927_earmarks1.gif

So your point is that the Republicans are doing great at controlling pork.

Blah blah blah, more ideological crap. What is extreme about the Tea Party? When are they going to start jailing liberals? How more extreme can a person get then to equate marriage between a man and a woman to sodomy?

I provide you the follow which I think pretty much sums up the Tea Party platform. Which of the following do you find extreme? Which do you find excludes anyone? Which one of these do you honestly believe we don't need?

Tea Party Movement Platform
Preamble: The Tea Party Movement is an all-inclusive American grassroots movement with the belief that everyone is created equal and deserves an equal opportunity to thrive in these United States where they may “pursue life, liberty and happiness” as stated in the Declaration of Independence and guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.

No one is excluded from participation in the Tea Party Movement. Everyone is welcomed to join in seeking to achieve the Tea Party Movement goals, which are as follows:

1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes
2. Eliminate the National Debt
3. Eliminate Deficit Spending
5. Abide by the Constitution of the United States
6. Promote Civic Responsibility
8. Believe in the People
9. Avoid the Pitfalls of Politics
10. Maintain Local Independence

Prove me wrong!

This may be the most ignorant post EVER...

You just equated the tea party with:

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a civil rights organization for ethnic minorities in the united States.

OK pea brain, then lets properly label the tea party...

The tea party (teabaggers), an organization for ethnic WHITE majority in the united States

The 'most ignorant post EVER' trophy is only awarded once per year.

Keep your hopes up. You are a definite contender.

Examples of TONS...

080927_earmarks1.gif

So your point is that the Republicans are doing great at controlling pork.

You mean the Republicans who created our debt?

Examples of TONS...

080927_earmarks1.gif

Example of dishonesty...nothing more

Forum List

Back