WTF? How could the cops think this was ok?

Yeah, I'm sure the police just wanted to "rape" her. *sarcasm*

I didn't say that at all. Your deliberate misuse of what I said is disgusting.

This woman was stopped for not using a turn signal. Then, based on the claim that the officers smelled marijuana, her vehicle was searched. They found nothing. Despite finding nothing, they took her to jail and forced her to drop her pants and bend over. When THAT yielded nothing, they went even farther.

This is ok with you? They found absolutely no evidence at every step. But they continued to violate this woman.

And character assassination is common nowadays.

Like what you guys are doing to the police department? :D You just listen to someone's story and automatically it's true? Good grief.

If she was not subjected to 3 internal exams and a CT scan, I would happily apologize. But given that the lawsuit will, undoubtedly, be backed by the hospital records, I am not basing this on just her claims.

And you know this how? I'm imagining that the judge dismissed her charges for a reason and without prejudice.

Given that the prosecutor is involved, and they get to pick the judge (or at least steer it to one), I don't put much stock in the dismissal.

Sure, the police just want to rape women. That's why. That must be why they sent her to the hospital to be "raped." Even though they have to fill out some pretty lengthy paperwork because a CT scan cost taxpayer monies. Just because they wanted to rape and humiliate this poor victim.

No, they probably crossed the line and knew it. They ONLY way they would avoid trouble is to find something. So they kept going. And going.

This woman was stopped for not using a turn signal. Then, based on the claim that the officers smelled marijuana, her vehicle was searched. They found nothing. Despite finding nothing, they took her to jail and forced her to drop her pants and bend over. When THAT yielded nothing, they went even farther.

This is ok with you? They found absolutely no evidence at every step. But they continued to violate this woman.

What are you not getting that none of it has been proven. This is her and her attorney's CLAIMS. What has the hospital said about it? Anything?

Even though you say that in jest, the police are the loneliest, hard-up group of humans on the planet. They are more often than not, alcoholics, divorcees or worse.

What a load. Lol. I doubt if you even personally know any police officers. They are human beings, like the rest of us. In some instances, sure, the power goes to their heads, but these decisions (to send a person to the hospital for a CT scan, etc) aren't just made by one officer. There is departmental procedure to follow because the police are WELL AWARE of lawsuits.

What are you not getting that none of it has been proven. This is her and her attorney's CLAIMS. What has the hospital said about it? Anything?

I will bet you a million dollars, the police not once, while she was in captivity, read Kimberlee her rights.

I find this story to be extremely far fetched. I would like to know what the hospital who performed some of these tests has to say. Why do you think the judge dismissed a lot of her charges about her rights being violated?

They are human beings, like the rest of us. In some instances, sure, the power goes to their heads, but these decisions (to send a person to the hospital for a CT scan, etc) aren't just made by one officer. There is departmental procedure to follow because the police are WELL AWARE of lawsuits.

No, they are NOT human beings like us. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The police have gone mad with power. No doubt whatsoever.

What a load. Lol. I doubt if you even personally know any police officers. They are human beings, like the rest of us.

I do research FOR a living. I have spent endless hours studying the behavior of cops.

Hanging out at bus stops? :D Lol.

I used to drive every day of the year, missing maybe one day, for approx. 5 straight years. My average drive would be at least 8 hours, and I would very often drive 12 straight hours in the dead of the night. You learn a lot about society that way, especially if you have three muscle cars like I did: a '70 Plymouth 340 Duster; a '73 Plymouth 425 Fury; and for more than 20 years, I had a '77 Olds Cutlass Salon Colonnade.

What happened to Innocent until Proven Guilty? How can a traffic stop, which found no drugs of any kind, progress to 5 hours of imprisonment, 3 internal exams which she did not consent to, and a CT scan against her will. How does a traffic stop, along with lies by two corrections officers which led to her being strapped to a bed and forced to undergo manual examinations of her vagina and rectum, not constitute gross misconduct by law enforcement officer involved?
Apparently cops aren't innocent until proven so. A traffic stop leading to bigger issues is quite common, she wasn't searched for not using a turn signal. Obviously they were convince she stashed something and we are only getting one side of the story.

This is the CLAIM. None of this has been proven. She could be just an angry junky. Lol.

From the article . . .

Senior District Judge Terrence F. McVerry dismissed several of Carbone’s claims in February including, conspiracy to violate her Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment rights, conspiracy to commit assault and battery, conspiracy to harm her reputation, false imprisonment, civil conspiracy, and intentional infliction of emotional distress against Lamancusa.

There were records of each exam not just her word.

This seems like a clear violation.

I mean we tell people to obey the cops, then they do and this shot happens!

In paperwork filed in the Western District Court, defendants who include three corrections officers, three New Castle police officers, New Castle Police Chief Robert Salem and District Attorney Joshua Lamancusa all deny the lawsuit’s claim that no drugs were found during the incident. “Heroin was recovered from Plaintiff’s oral cavity,” one filing claims, while another asserts that Carbone “was chewing a substance later determined to be heroin,” and that she “underwent a blood draw following her arrest which was determined to contain numerous narcotics ...”

Lawrence County Common Pleas court documents show that in the wake of the incident, Carbone was charged with possession of a controlled substance, DUI and tampering with physical evidence. The latter charge, according to court documents, stem from “an object like a plastic bag” that was found protruding from a body cavity and which Carbone is alleged to have pushed further inside upon being instructed to pull it out.

Other claims against the defendants alleging improper procedures were similarly denied.

In addition, a response to the lawsuit filed on behalf of Jameson Health System and one of its employees states that the defendants “deny that they are liable in any manner whatsoever to the Plaintiff.”

The next step in the litigation is an early neutral evaluation hearing, which has been scheduled for May 10 before former Magistrate Judge Kenneth Benson. This is a process in which a dispute is submitted to an impartial third person to provide the litigants with an objective opinion on the value of the case and/or the likely outcomes should the matter proceed to trial.

Following that, a discovery process will begin and will last through Dec. 1.

Defendants deny lawsuit claims

Last edited:
So, if the police DID in fact really believe that she had drugs hidden in her vagina or rectum, what would you suggest they do?

Have probable cause for believing it would be following procedure. In the story they had no probable cause...if the law is important and stuff.

Forum List

Back