WTF was Obama talking about with equal treatment & pay for women?

I have not heard ANY public outcry or discussions about women being mistreated in the workplace.

Here's a thought...If women really do perform exactly as men and yet work for less, why would any evil, profit oriented capitalist business owner EVER hire a man???

Sexism. Many men are threatened to have women who are their equals working for them.

No man has ever felt threatened by a woman, but many boys have. They are usually the types who think that guns are responsible for school shootings, and that blame other people for all their problems.

Know anyone like that?

If you ask for a raise every year and back up your stance with the quality of the work you do and what your value is to the place you work at, you'll get raises.

If you never ask, they'll never give you one.

One of the variables is that men have the advantage of testosterone in them. It's why they're more aggressive creatures than women.

My mother didn't have a clue until she was about 45 years old and at her job for 23 years at the time that her male counterpart was getting a few thousand more bucks a year.

She was actually more qualified, better educated, and more valuable than he was. The problem? She had never actually considered her value to her employer. On the contrary, she believed you get to work early and you do things to help make the employer succeed better at their own job (she was an executive assistant).

She never thought of herself! That man pressed for raises over time and got them. She never did. Never occurred to her.

The irony about the women in our lives is that they underestimate themselves and their worth, both at home and at work.

My mother went and got that raise and then some. Within a year, she was making what she deserved and a little more than what that man was making.

The perception at work from everybody for years was that she was the #2 guy, not that other guy, but she was #3 in pay.

This kind of thing exists. Pay inequality has gotten a lot better, particularly among the younger generation now. But it's still something that needs to be worked on.

This thread reveals in our conservative friends a lack of understanding of a real issue that many women in the real world care about. So much so that they voted for President Obama by a near 20% margin over his opponent.

If about 60% of women aren't voting for you, it should make you wonder why that is. By creating threads on forums like these in order to make fun of a real issue they see in their own lives, it simply shines a light on why they continue to see the Republican party as not being a viable option to them.

And that's bad news for Republicans, because 10 million more women voted than men in the last general election.

It isn't because the President created a crisis and scared women into voting for him. If you think that's what it is, you're ignorant to the fact that women voted for him because he hears what their concerns are and speaks to those concerns.

I'm not sure why the flippant behavior towards our women continues by Republicans, when they should be in the process of reaching out to get women back to voting for them again.

Actually, the numbers show that younger women usually earn more than younger men working the same jobs. If you actually cared about equal pay for equal work you would be squawking about that. On the other hand, since I actually think people should be free to earn whatever they can get, have no problem with woman making more money than men for doing the exact same job, as long as the government stays the fuck out of it.

Last edited:
I have not heard ANY public outcry or discussions about women being mistreated in the workplace.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-obama-state-union-says-women-make-77-cents-/

Paying people less because of gender is really bad.

Lying about it is even worse.

From your link.

The less accurate version -- once offered by Obama himself -- states that women make 77 cents for every dollar a man earns for the same work, or in the same job. As we’ll explain below, the data doesn’t show that. By contrast, the more accurate version simply states that women make 77 cents for every dollar a man earns, period. That is more accurate (though not without some caveats, also listed below).

In other words, they think he is lying, but want to go out of their way to kiss his ass.

This has been an issue for a very long time....equal pay for equal work. It is better than it used to be, but it isn't completely fixed yet.

IS that because you think it is wrong for women to get paid more than men, or because you actually believe the lies?

d90840104b923f793aef71d643d8c093.jpg

When did Obama become PM of Australia?

:lol::lol::lol:

So, you think this isn't a problem here in the U.S. too?

I know it isn't.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Young Women's Pay Exceeds Male Peers'

The earning power of young single women has surpassed that of their male peers in metropolitan areas around the U.S., a shift that is being driven by the growing ranks of women who attend college and move on to high-earning jobs.

In 2008, single, childless women between ages 22 and 30 were earning more than their male counterparts in most U.S. cities, with incomes that were 8% greater on average, according to an analysis of Census Bureau data released Wednesday by Reach Advisors, a consumer-research firm in Slingerlands, N.Y.

The trend was first identified several years ago in the country's biggest cities, but has broadened out to smaller locales and across more industries. Beyond major cities such as San Francisco and New York, the income imbalance is pronounced in blue-collar hubs and the fast-growing metro areas that have large immigrant populations.

The greatest disparity is in Atlanta, where young, childless women were paid 121% the level of their male counterparts, according to Reach Advisors.

Is that in general or in same jobs? Because part of the reason (which may fix pay inequality in and of itself) is that MORE women than men are getting college degrees now...and that usually equates to better paying jobs.

I get it, women making more than men is fine, but the other way around is sexism.

Truth be told women should get paid less. In the 1940s or so businesses seldom hired women under the theory they would get married, get pregnant, and be unavailable to work. If they had kids, they would either stay home with them or would take many sick days when their kids got sick. It makes sense and it worked just fine. Pretending women don't have such issues is simply a denial of reality.

Young Women's Pay Exceeds Male Peers'

The earning power of young single women has surpassed that of their male peers in metropolitan areas around the U.S., a shift that is being driven by the growing ranks of women who attend college and move on to high-earning jobs.

In 2008, single, childless women between ages 22 and 30 were earning more than their male counterparts in most U.S. cities, with incomes that were 8% greater on average, according to an analysis of Census Bureau data released Wednesday by Reach Advisors, a consumer-research firm in Slingerlands, N.Y.

The trend was first identified several years ago in the country's biggest cities, but has broadened out to smaller locales and across more industries. Beyond major cities such as San Francisco and New York, the income imbalance is pronounced in blue-collar hubs and the fast-growing metro areas that have large immigrant populations.

The greatest disparity is in Atlanta, where young, childless women were paid 121% the level of their male counterparts, according to Reach Advisors.

Is that in general or in same jobs? Because part of the reason (which may fix pay inequality in and of itself) is that MORE women than men are getting college degrees now...and that usually equates to better paying jobs.

I get it, women making more than men is fine, but the other way around is sexism.

You show me where your ex-wife gets paid more than a man doing the same job.

You show me where your ex-wife gets paid more than a man doing the same job.

Does she even care? It's apparent you do. Geesh you liberals are so obsessive.

Truth be told women should get paid less. In the 1940s or so businesses seldom hired women under the theory they would get married, get pregnant, and be unavailable to work. If they had kids, they would either stay home with them or would take many sick days when their kids got sick. It makes sense and it worked just fine. Pretending women don't have such issues is simply a denial of reality.

How about that "Family Leave Act" [1993] signed by Clinton, eh?

Has the White House ever addressed their payment disparity between men and women?

Yes, but has been ignored so far. The Equal Pay Act enacted in 1963.
I have no idea what the fuss is all about other than Obama spewing propaganda for the election cycle this year (You know, getting the women's voting block in order). I do notice that the usual obama goons are carrying the water for him. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Did you hear the response when Hussein gave his big line, "America you deserve a raise"? He expected a big response and he got the sound of one hand clapping.

Your hearing aid must have been out. I heard plenty of clapping...

Yeah. The "applause" sign was lit.
There is one thing liberals are reliable for...Unfunded mandates which place burdens on the private sector.

When a business who operates within the United States conducts practices which harms the United States the U.S. government is well within its rights to step in and correct the situation.

Can you prove that?

Prove the government has the right to protect its people?

Prove the government is well within it's right to step in and correct the situation.
I disagree. Other than legislation, the government has no such authority.
There are countless laws both federal and state which offer ALL workers the protection required from abusive and unsavory businesses.
The last thing needed is more laws which result only in mass confusion.
Any new laws would be largely symbolic. The intent is to curry political favor with a particular constituency. It's all an eminence front.

Can you prove that?

Prove the government has the right to protect its people?

Prove the government is well within it's right to step in and correct the situation.
I disagree. Other than legislation, the government has no such authority.
There are countless laws both federal and state which offer ALL workers the protection required from abusive and unsavory businesses.
The last thing needed is more laws which result only in mass confusion.
Any new laws would be largely symbolic. The intent is to curry political favor with a particular constituency. It's all an eminence front.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnHLgxKUsEA]The Who - Eminence front - YouTube[/ame]

Is it possible that most women enjoy their natural state of mind that is the product of millions of years of evolution? Like being a mother?

The "feminists" seriously do not represent the aspirations of a the common woman, who all seem to seek a decent husband capable of providing three solid meals and a two story house, having kids and partaking in the ultimate experience of raising and caring and loving her children.

I really don't know any personal female relatives or friends who are the least bit concerned over this manufactured crisis. In fact, I barely saw any women concerned over this at my old college campus (Stony Brook University), in fact, there were more gay men trying to raise support for "the disadvantages of women" than there were actual women.

Now you're speaking for the 'common woman'? Good grief. How all-encompassing of you...

Due to the wolves on wall st and other 'capitalism is good' acolytes, that 'common woman' can never have her wish. The day of the working man earning enough to put food on the table, pay the bills and the mortgage so the wife can sit at home and look after her 2.2 kids with the white picket fence are long gone.

On many levels, that post is a steaming cow pile.

Forum List

Back