WTF was Obama talking about with equal treatment & pay for women?

Maybe in 1776 that happened...

Maybe you're right.
But for darn sure it happens here and now.

Yeah, well maybe 1776 needs to put up stats. Most women do not start their careers late. In fact, many put having a family on hold and have a career first. So now that fallacy has been put to bed, why are women paid less than men?

Women put their careers on hold mid career. Women also tend to go into lower paying fields than men. Men also tend to work harder once children are born, women less hard.
Now, once you correct for all those things, finding a woman who has never been married and never had kids and pursued a career path all the time, you find women are paid more than men.
This really is neither difficult nor unknown. I'd suggest reading up on it before blowing your mouth off and looking like an idiot.

I have not heard ANY public outcry or discussions about women being mistreated in the workplace.

I hear plenty about it. What I don't here is very many women putting forth half an effort to get the pay the way. At my job we have a young woman who is the lowest paid of everyone. Truth is that she has additional responsibilities that nobody else has, and has been there longer than most of the rest of us. Longer than myself. But she's the lowest paid person. Just last week, our GM was able to give her a new title, for the singular purpose being to be able to justify giving her a modest raise. He didn't have to do this. But he's a good man and likes to take care of his people. I guess he just didn't feel right allowing her to be the lowest paid person, considering the circumstances. So now, she's not the lowest paid. She's almost the lowest paid. And she's still paid less than me.

Now, the question is, why is this? I can tell you it has nothing to do with any kind of prejudice against women. It's because when she was hired, she settled for whatever pay she was going to be given. On the other hand, when I was hired, I put forth a figure above what they were initially planning on, and managed to convince them.

There's a lesson here that women should heed if they feel that they don't get paid equal, for equal work.

In the academic field, even at such progressive places as Harvard, the trend is that when men are offered higher paying jobs and they tell their school about it, their school will try to beat the offer. When women are offered higher paying jobs, their school will congratulate them on finding another job.

When this kind of disparity happens even with high caliber professionals, that gives a hint of why women find it best not to rock the boat with wages.

Women have reason to believe that if they press as hard as a man might they will be wished well and sent off to look for a different job.

Maybe because they're bitches?
I spent 12 years in higher ed and have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe you're right.
But for darn sure it happens here and now.

Yeah, well maybe 1776 needs to put up stats. Most women do not start their careers late. In fact, many put having a family on hold and have a career first. So now that fallacy has been put to bed, why are women paid less than men?

Women put their careers on hold mid career. Women also tend to go into lower paying fields than men. Men also tend to work harder once children are born, women less hard.
Now, once you correct for all those things, finding a woman who has never been married and never had kids and pursued a career path all the time, you find women are paid more than men.
This really is neither difficult nor unknown. I'd suggest reading up on it before blowing your mouth off and looking like an idiot.

:lol:

You're a piece of work.

Really.

Do you even work?

Do you even read?

I read the OP.

I responded.

That's how threads work.

Duh.

How would gramps know what the hell goes on in the workplace?

Perhaps he reads newspapers. Perhaps he watches TV. Perhaps he even goes to that place called the Internet where there are many many news stories and opinion pieces.
I dunno. Just a thought.
Question: Do you actually work?

You're a piece of work.

Really.

Yeah, pwm you every single time. Not that that's really an accomplishment.

I believe in equal pay for equal work. Equal work can have many variables from how much the person is working to what the person is doing for the corporation. For the government to assume and try to fix something they have to understand that there may or may not be a problem in the first place.

You're a piece of work.

Really.

Yeah, pwm you every single time. Not that that's really an accomplishment.

Oh..and you're also a "legend" in your own mind.

You don't "pwm" anyone.

I read the OP.

I responded.

That's how threads work.

Duh.

How would gramps know what the hell goes on in the workplace?

Perhaps he reads newspapers. Perhaps he watches TV. Perhaps he even goes to that place called the Internet where there are many many news stories and opinion pieces.

Perhaps?

Why don't you let him answer for himself?
Because this is a public forum for discussion? Just a guess here.

I have not heard ANY public outcry or discussions about women being mistreated in the workplace.

Here's a thought...If women really do perform exactly as men and yet work for less, why would any evil, profit oriented capitalist business owner EVER hire a man???

Sexism. Many men are threatened to have women who are their equals working for them.

Sexism trumps profit...THAT'S your explanation?

Wow, just wow. There are no words to describe just how ridiculous that sounds.

But hey, feel free to back up your assertion with even a shred of evidence, logic or reason. The floor is yours.

Here's a thought...If women really do perform exactly as men and yet work for less, why would any evil, profit oriented capitalist business owner EVER hire a man???

Sexism. Many men are threatened to have women who are their equals working for them.

But hey, feel free to back up your assertion with even a shred of evidence, logic or reason. The floor is yours.

Actually, yes it does. That is yet another example how your perfect capitalism ideal is completely flawed. Government sometimes needs to enforce equality. Strange how that works, government enforcing capitalist fundamentals. A government for the people by the people. Is that what that means? :eusa_think:

wow, a government need to ENFORCE equality?

when did we become a communist country?

You people fall for this you can kiss your FREEDOMS goodbye

Actually, yes it does. That is yet another example how your perfect capitalism ideal is completely flawed. Government sometimes needs to enforce equality. Strange how that works, government enforcing capitalist fundamentals. A government for the people by the people. Is that what that means? :eusa_think:

When sexism trumps profit, then the business is being run wrong and will fail. But the truth is that the problem you are complaining about is nearly non-existent. The reasons women to not make as much money as men have nothing to do with sexism. It is entirely about women doing it to themselves.

This is the danger of all this -ism bullshit. The more we talk about racism, the more people who are minorities start to think it's the racism that is holding them back, and never manage to see how their own decisions are actually holding them back. The more we talk about sexism the more people who are female start to think it's the sexism that is holding them back, and never manage to see how their own decisions are actually holding them back. Women who buy into this bullshit are poisoning their own minds and feeding into the cause of the problems they are complaining about.

If that's the case then businesses should NEVER hire women because those women would be a threat.
Of course we see that isn't so.
So the Left has roped itself into a Catch 22: if businesses are sexist, then we would see hardly any women working in corporations. because they would threaten men. If they hire women but pay them less, we would see many more women in corporations. Neither of those is true.
The answer is the Left is full of shit. Like anyone needed confirmation.

Forum List

Back