WTF was Obama talking about with equal treatment & pay for women?

Many women start late in their career after having a kid or put their career on hold for awhile to have a kid or more. So....when they work less years than a man doing the same job say a manager in a company, he will make more money based on being on the job longer.

Maybe in 1776 that happened...

I have not heard ANY public outcry or discussions about women being mistreated in the workplace.

I hear plenty about it. What I don't here is very many women putting forth half an effort to get the pay the way. At my job we have a young woman who is the lowest paid of everyone. Truth is that she has additional responsibilities that nobody else has, and has been there longer than most of the rest of us. Longer than myself. But she's the lowest paid person. Just last week, our GM was able to give her a new title, for the singular purpose being to be able to justify giving her a modest raise. He didn't have to do this. But he's a good man and likes to take care of his people. I guess he just didn't feel right allowing her to be the lowest paid person, considering the circumstances. So now, she's not the lowest paid. She's almost the lowest paid. And she's still paid less than me.

Now, the question is, why is this? I can tell you it has nothing to do with any kind of prejudice against women. It's because when she was hired, she settled for whatever pay she was going to be given. On the other hand, when I was hired, I put forth a figure above what they were initially planning on, and managed to convince them.

There's a lesson here that women should heed if they feel that they don't get paid equal, for equal work.

Many women start late in their career after having a kid or put their career on hold for awhile to have a kid or more. So....when they work less years than a man doing the same job say a manager in a company, he will make more money based on being on the job longer.

Maybe you're right.
But for darn sure it happens here and now.

Maybe you're right.

Yeah, well maybe 1776 needs to put up stats. Most women do not start their careers late. In fact, many put having a family on hold and have a career first. So now that fallacy has been put to bed, why are women paid less than men?

Dumbfuck....it is common sense that SOME women have kids first then get a job and SOME women quit their job or put it on hold to have kids...some return to a job and others never do.

This is common fucking sense, which you don't have.

So dumbfuck if Bob works at Wal Mart for 10 years and Sue takes time away to have kids only working 6 years....common sense is that Bob should probably get paid more than Sue packing shelves, running the cash register or whatever.

OR....maybe SCUM like you want Sue to make as much or more than Bob with less years working in the same company doing the same job. :cuckoo:

Maybe you're right.

Yeah, well maybe 1776 needs to put up stats. Most women do not start their careers late. In fact, many put having a family on hold and have a career first. So now that fallacy has been put to bed, why are women paid less than men?

Yeah....you're that fucking stupid.

Get back to eating your bowl of shit.

And from the cane and the government issue jacket probably a wounded veteran. But it's funny all the same. :eusa_eh:

I'm am SO sick of rw's making fun of vets and wounded vets.

WTF is wrong with you people?

and, why, in the 21st century are we still paying women less for doing the same job?

Useless rw jackasses.

It was a PS of Obama's head imposed on a homeless(?) guy.

Who 'made fun' of Vets?

Dumbfuck....it is common sense that SOME women have kids first then get a job and SOME women quit their job or put it on hold to have kids...some return to a job and others never do.

So dumbfuck if Bob works at Wal Mart for 10 years and Sue takes time away to have kids only working 6 years....common sense is that Bob should probably get paid more than Sue packing shelves, running the cash register or whatever.

OR....maybe SCUM like you want Sue to make as much or more than Bob with less years working in the same company doing the same job. :cuckoo:

Maybe you're right.

You mad Bro?

I hate stupid people like you, especially arrogant stupid people.

Dumbfucks like you believe Sue should be able to take 2 years off while Bob keeps doing the job then Sue comes back with the same pay as Bob. Or maybe Sue should just have kids right after high school then catch Bob 2 years later at the same paycheck. :eusa_whistle:

Now if Sue doesn't have kids and works equal hours/years as Bob, odds are she will be Bob's boss in the future because the company will be afraid of not promoting her and want to fill a quota for scum like you.

You mad Bro?

I have not heard ANY public outcry or discussions about women being mistreated in the workplace.

I hear plenty about it. What I don't here is very many women putting forth half an effort to get the pay the way. At my job we have a young woman who is the lowest paid of everyone. Truth is that she has additional responsibilities that nobody else has, and has been there longer than most of the rest of us. Longer than myself. But she's the lowest paid person. Just last week, our GM was able to give her a new title, for the singular purpose being to be able to justify giving her a modest raise. He didn't have to do this. But he's a good man and likes to take care of his people. I guess he just didn't feel right allowing her to be the lowest paid person, considering the circumstances. So now, she's not the lowest paid. She's almost the lowest paid. And she's still paid less than me.

Now, the question is, why is this? I can tell you it has nothing to do with any kind of prejudice against women. It's because when she was hired, she settled for whatever pay she was going to be given. On the other hand, when I was hired, I put forth a figure above what they were initially planning on, and managed to convince them.

There's a lesson here that women should heed if they feel that they don't get paid equal, for equal work.

In the academic field, even at such progressive places as Harvard, the trend is that when men are offered higher paying jobs and they tell their school about it, their school will try to beat the offer. When women are offered higher paying jobs, their school will congratulate them on finding another job.

When this kind of disparity happens even with high caliber professionals, that gives a hint of why women find it best not to rock the boat with wages.

Women have reason to believe that if they press as hard as a man might they will be wished well and sent off to look for a different job.

Dumbfucks like you believe Sue should be able to take 2 years off while Bob keeps doing the job then Sue comes back with the same pay as Bob. Or maybe Sue should just have kids right after high school then catch Bob 2 years later at the same paycheck. :eusa_whistle:

Now if Sue doesn't have kids and works equal hours/years as Bob, odds are she will be Bob's boss in the future because the company will be afraid of not promoting her and want to fill a quota for scum like you.

You mad Bro?

Let me guess, you're white, middle-aged and not happy in life. And you hate women.

Got it..Ta...

Typical diversion.....you're a well trained monkey.

When you can't win the debate invent some lies about the person kicking the shit out of you.

Pointing out women will get special treatment in the workplace doesn't equate to hating women despite how stupid you are...

Oh, you believe I hate women because I hate YOU....we all know you're a man dressed up as a woman for your boyfriend, we got it.

You mad Bro?

Let me guess, you're white, middle-aged and not happy in life. And you hate women.

Got it..Ta...

Last edited:

In the academic field, even at such progressive places as Harvard, the trend is that when men are offered higher paying jobs and they tell their school about it, their school will try to beat the offer. When women are offered higher paying jobs, their school will congratulate them on finding another job.

When this kind of disparity happens even with high caliber professionals, that gives a hint of why women find it best not to rock the boat with wages.

Women have reason to believe that if they press as hard as a man might they will be wished well and sent off to look for a different job.

I wouldn't expect anything different from academia (a highly liberal profession), but my experience in the private sector is far different.

Apparently Harvard-educated attorney Barack Obama has never heard of the following:

The Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA)

This law makes it illegal to pay different wages to men and women if they perform equal work in the same workplace. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

Laws Enforced by EEOC

The Equal Pay Act requires that men and women in the same workplace be given equal pay for equal work. The jobs need not be identical, but they must be substantially equal. Job content (not job titles) determines whether jobs are substantially equal. All forms of pay are covered by this law, including salary, overtime pay, bonuses, stock options, profit sharing and bonus plans, life insurance, vacation and holiday pay, cleaning or gasoline allowances, hotel accommodations, reimbursement for travel expenses, and benefits. If there is an inequality in wages between men and women, employers may not reduce the wages of either sex to equalize their pay.

Equal Pay and Compensation Discrimination

If employers were in fact violating the provisions of the above cited law, Obama's administration has the responsibility of prosecuting them. Has he done anything in this regard? I haven't heard of any such efforts. If there is a problem, why is he not doing anything about it? We surely don't need another law since what's been on the books since 1963 is sufficient.

Just saying.

The professor,

Obama is doing what he tried a few years ago to piss off blacks to woman now. There's no facts or reality to it.

has many variables from education, job rank, etc =output is the number spit out. The left is trying to create anger as that's all they have...That's all extremist ever have.

Typical diversion.....you're a well trained monkey.

When you can't win the debate invent some lies about the person kicking the shit out of you.

Pointing out women will get special treatment in the workplace doesn't equate to hating women despite how stupid you are...

Oh, you believe I hate women because I hate YOU....we all know you're a man dressed up as a woman for your boyfriend, we got it.

The wind my dog just passed shows more signs of life and intelligence than you.

As for how you feel about woman, hey, you wrote the post, you own it. At the end of the day you come up with summations that aren't backed up, and a 'poor poor pitiful me' scenario that women get special treatment in the work place.

Your post goes beyond asinine (look it up)...

If they are offered better pay, then they should take it. Pretty simple. If they started following the money, then they'd actually get the money. But because they settle, they get what they've settled for.

Well, this is part of the problem. Seems women are looking at this all wrong. In my experience, most men negotiate better pay for themselves. It's not about rocking the boat or being forceful. It's about finding win-win solutions. Typically, when I see a men successfully negotiate better pay they emphasize their high degree of competence, their successes and accomplishments that have benefited the company, the expanded roles and responsibilities that they may have taken on, etc. But most women tend resort to a demanding and/or manipulative behavior to try to get better pay. They deserve it, they need it, someone else is getting paid more.....That's not an effective approach.

One of the things with negotiating is that you don't always get what you want, or exactly what you were hoping for. When negotiating pay and work requirements sometimes you have to accept trade offs. Nowadays it's increasingly common for people to want things like the ability to work from home, to be given flexibility in determining their own working hours, etc. And it seems that women push for these things more often than men. Especially if she's a mother. But it's not reasonable for anyone to expect that they be given everything. Sally gets one set of concessions, Mark get's another set, neither gets the whole package. Any person, male or female, who is constantly pushing to have it all should not expect their boss to put forth alot of effort toward retaining them, unless they are the best of the best of the best at what they do.

If they are offered better pay, then they should take it. Pretty simple. If they started following the money, then they'd actually get the money. But because they settle, they get what they've settled for.

<snipped>

The men are in essence offered a double raise. The woman is offered the single raise and she has the choice of taking it or of staying at her original school for the lower amount. The school wants to retain the male so they offer him a higher raise. She'll be paid a little higher at the new school. He'll be paid a lot higher at the old school because the old school treated him as if he was more valuable than the female.

He doesn't have to fight for it. The woman would have to fight for it and her reward for such a fight would be to be branded as too aggressive because that's what happens to women who behave the way men do.

There are many forces which give rise to the disparity between the wages of men and women. It's not all because a woman doesn't go in asking for higher than the company wants to pay and not settling for less. There is more risk to being a woman and asking for a raise than there is to being a man and asking for a raise.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back