WW1 100YR memorial: Trump cancels due to "weather", 69 other world leaders are going (54 & rainy)

Did they? Or are you just assuming, because it gives you an excuse to smear those you hate?
The new excuse That DAMN traffic

No excuse needed. The rain grounded the helicopter so they did not go.

THe only people pretending to care are those that hate Trump with a fiery passion.

No one else cares.
That means only Trumpsters don't care Republicans don't care that trump is scum He's their scum and will protect him no matter what the fool says or does

The rain grounded the helicopter. The President did not attend a ceremony.

You libs are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
And Trump with his birther BS made a mountain out of a lie

There are similarities.

So, does that make the Birther movement ok, now then, retroactively, or does it make what you guys are doing, now, pathetic?

Come on man you know as well as I do that is bullshit, damn they can tell a Trumper anything.

those Marine helicopters are built for more hazardess weather than a few raindrops.

This was not a combat op.

exactly my point. thanx for making it for me.

Really? YOu were trying to make the point that just because a combat helicopter, operating under combat conditions CAN do something,

doesn't mean that under peace time conditions, you would take the same type of risks?

I must have misunderstood.

Well, thanks.

And you are correct. ONly a total dumbass would expect a pilot to take the same type of risks, especially in the middle of a city, with a high profile cargo, like the President,

as he would with combat troops in a war zone.

no, idiot. if a machine is DESIGNED & BUILT & MAINTAINED to withstand treacherous weather conditions... then a misty rain is nothing to worry about unless of course president tribblehead is CONcerned what it will do to the creature on top of his head.

I'm not a pilot, but that does not sound right.

Come on man you know as well as I do that is bullshit, damn they can tell a Trumper anything.

those Marine helicopters are built for more hazardess weather than a few raindrops.

Um..................quick question dude...............do you REALLY think that Trump would be brave enough to go to an active combat zone? I don't.

But, you did bring up the point that it wasn't a combat op. You are correct. But, Marine 1 is equipped with pilots and an airframe that is capable in many kinds of inclement weather, as well as can be flown in both VFR and IFR situations.

No, there was zero excuse for Trump to not attend.

Take it up with the Secret Service.

I think that is just an excuse he used, because he knows we can't check out what the SS did or didn't suggest, as presidential movements are classified.

I think as President, that he knows he has to do a lot of photo ops, is completely used to doing them and the idea that this one, he for some reason wanted to blow off, is nothing but wishful thinking on the part of people with Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Um..................quick question dude...............do you REALLY think that Trump would be brave enough to go to an active combat zone? I don't.

But, you did bring up the point that it wasn't a combat op. You are correct. But, Marine 1 is equipped with pilots and an airframe that is capable in many kinds of inclement weather, as well as can be flown in both VFR and IFR situations.

You mean Trump really wanted to go but the SS held him back?? lol

I think he deferred to the professionals on air safety. THe idea that he was concerned about his hair is nothing but TDS and wishful thinking.

The rain grounded the helicopter. The President did not attend a ceremony.

for his fat ass top bear.
You libs are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

He could have gone by car but I guess was way to much fore him to sacrifice to honor those who gave all.

Maybe Donnie was pissed they fought against his ancestors?

What does it matter, now?
It fits the pattern set by Trump.

It is meaningless.

You might as well have a fit over whether he wears boxers or briefs.

Meaningless? He is the top representative for United States of America. There was a ceremony to honor the sacrifices of those who died in the First World War. I am not a liberal, nor did I vote for Obama. But I damn sure expect our president to show up for a ceremony honoring the thousands of Americans who answered the call and gave their lives.

If he has overruled the SS, those that are attacking him now, for not going, would be attacking him for risking the lives of his helicopter crew and those on the ground they were flying over.

Unless ity is an imminent threat, the Secret Service only makes recommendations. The president makes the final call.

So, you think he should have overruled the professionals on air safety, risking the lives of his crew and those on the ground, he would have been flying over?

Using his personal expertise from a lifetime of real estate dealings?

Mmm, I respectfully disagree.

Unless ity is an imminent threat, the Secret Service only makes recommendations. The president makes the final call.

So, you think he should have overruled the professionals on air safety, risking the lives of his crew and those on the ground, he would have been flying over?

So does the rain stop you from driving a vehicle as well, since Mattis and Kelly were able to make it there safely.

Everyone else got there OK.

Did they? Or are you just assuming, because it gives you an excuse to smear those you hate?

THe only people pretending to care are those that hate Trump with a fiery passion.

No one else cares.
:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg: ...thinking rain grounds helicopters....:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

It doesn't? That would be news to me after the hundreds of times that I have seen flight operations cancelled due to bad weather.
Rain? Or a WW?

No one else cares.
:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg: ...thinking rain grounds helicopters....:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

It doesn't? That would be news to me after the hundreds of times that I have seen flight operations cancelled due to bad weather.
Rain? Or a WW?

Rain, low ceilings, fog, etc.

I volunteer training urban combat to special ops forces. It happens all the time. You don't want them flying into a radio or TV station antenna because they can't see it.

Best post you ever made!

So, after watching Fareed Zakaria’s interview with President Macron on Sunday’s GPS program (CNN), it sounds like possibly Marine One was grounded by French officials responsible for flight traffic over Paris because of the visibility limitations.

In which case Trump could easily have travelled with Macron or Merkel overland, had he really wanted to show his respects to those thousands of Marines who gave their lives at Belleau Wood.

And there’s no excuse whatsoever for skipping the ceremonies at Arlington - where the French Ambassador laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier while our leader was AWOL.
Another bone spur prevented him from going.
Bone spurs AND rain.....Oh the HUMANITY!!!!

So, after watching Fareed Zakaria’s interview with President Macron on Sunday’s GPS program (CNN), it sounds like possibly Marine One was grounded by French officials responsible for flight traffic over Paris because of the visibility limitations.

In which case Trump could easily have travelled with Macron or Merkel overland, had he really wanted to show his respects to those thousands of Marines who gave their lives at Belleau Wood.

And there’s no excuse whatsoever for skipping the ceremonies at Arlington - where the French Ambassador laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier while our leader was AWOL.

Why would you be laying a wreath on Veteran's Day? Would that not be normally done on Memorial Day?

Memorial Day is to remember veterans who have passed.

Armed Forces Day honors those who currently serve.

Veterans' Day honors those who have served.

I guess a fake veteran like you would not know this.

No one else cares.

Rain? Or a WW?

Rain, low ceilings, fog, etc.

I volunteer training urban combat to special ops forces. It happens all the time. You don't want them flying into a radio or TV station antenna because they can't see it.

How does that work when you are in a vehicle, does the same rules apply when you are driving.

Why would you be laying a wreath on Veteran's Day? Would that not be normally done on Memorial Day?

The ceremony was to honor those who died in WWI. It had nothing to do with veterans who survived.

Assumption bias from an ass like you is both comical and sad.

lol... i have never seen an unbiased post from you yet.

So you are bitching that I am giving my opinion on a political message board?

I am not supposed to be unbiased you dullard, nor have I ever claimed to be.

i never said you were un biased. but i will say you have a comprehension problem just like cartoon boy. damn, no wonder trump loves you long time

No, you accuse me of bias like its a bad thing, trying to make it some character flaw.

accuse? lol... there is no accusation. but you are what you are.

No, plenty of accusation, and a pointless one at that.

The ceremony was to honor those who died in WWI. It had nothing to do with veterans who survived.

I was talking about the wreath laying at Arlington dumbass!

You know, I've seen helicopters ferrying cargo from my ship USS CONCORD (AFS-5), which later became USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5). And, even though those helicopters weren't outfitted with as much technical gear as what is in Marine 1, they were still outfitted with equipment that allowed them to fly in the rain under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR), and there weren't many conditions that would stop a VERTREP (Vertical Replenishment). Why Marine 1 was grounded is beyond me, but it wasn't because the airframe was incapable of flying in light rain.

Matter of fact, the only time I've gone on a helo that had to wait for weather to clear was when I took a familiarization ride on one in Newport RI, and we had to wait for the fog to lift because the 'copter wasn't equipped with IFR equipment.

Those helos were flying in VFR conditions and only traveling a few hundred to maybe a thousand feet. There was also nothing for them to run into in the middle of the ocean.

My God, you are one incredible dumbass!
So, what was the ceiling?

What does it matter, now?
It fits the pattern set by Trump.

It is meaningless.

You might as well have a fit over whether he wears boxers or briefs.

Meaningless? He is the top representative for United States of America. There was a ceremony to honor the sacrifices of those who died in the First World War. I am not a liberal, nor did I vote for Obama. But I damn sure expect our president to show up for a ceremony honoring the thousands of Americans who answered the call and gave their lives.

Trump says that he respects and admires the military, but based on his actions, that is nothing more than lip service.

What actions would those be, dumbass?
Trashing McCain;s service
Trashing POWs
Mocking a Gold Star Family
Calling a soldier's widow a liar while she was in the car on the way back from meeting his bodty at the airport.
Not visiting the Troops in the Middle East
Lying about a raise they got

I think that is just an excuse he used, because he knows we can't check out what the SS did or didn't suggest, as presidential movements are classified.

I think as President, that he knows he has to do a lot of photo ops, is completely used to doing them and the idea that this one, he for some reason wanted to blow off, is nothing but wishful thinking on the part of people with Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Photo ops for campaigning - good
Photo ops for those who gave all - "Fuck it, I don;t feel like going"?

Forum List

Back