WWII and Hiroshima/Nagasaki

The germans were in fact working on a FUSION bomb. As such, thanks to the aforementioned actions by Heisenberg who stole a critical calculation that showed a fusion bomb wouldn't work without a fission bomb to initiate it, the germans would never have succeeded.

thanks----I was wondering what the heavy water thing was
all about.

Deuterium and tritium. Both used for thermonuclear devices but totally worthless without an atomic bomb to set it off.

I did not know------and I did not know that one needs fission to do fusion-----just did not know------I am kinda surprised that those guys knew it all the way back then----like even before
there was a successful fission bomb. -------so you can't just
heat it up on the stove and expect it to FUSE!!!! <big giant bang>~~~~~~~~~ ??? I did not know. ------good thing-----
one can have lots of heavy water around and expect it NOT
TO EXPLODE INTO A NEW SUN (????)

The heavy water is used to process Uranium into fissionable material, it isn't used in a bomb. They did not know about a fusion bomb.

Oh---the heavy water creates the ISOTOPE??? sheeeesh------I thought that the fissionable uranium is naturally occurring-----and just needs to be PICKED out of the pile of uranium ???

Nope. He is incorrect.

all about.

Deuterium and tritium. Both used for thermonuclear devices but totally worthless without an atomic bomb to set it off.

I did not know------and I did not know that one needs fission to do fusion-----just did not know------I am kinda surprised that those guys knew it all the way back then----like even before
heat it up on the stove and expect it to FUSE!!!! <big giant bang>~~~~~~~~~ ??? I did not know. ------good thing-----

The heavy water is used to process Uranium into fissionable material, it isn't used in a bomb. They did not know about a fusion bomb.

Oh---the heavy water creates the ISOTOPE??? sheeeesh------I thought that the fissionable uranium is naturally occurring-----and just needs to be PICKED out of the pile of uranium ???

I'm certainly no expert, there are plenty of web pages available to explain these things in detail. My only point in posting here was to point out the Germans were working on an atomic bomb and they were thwarted in that endeavor.

Indeed you are no expert. Not even close to beginning to understand the process. That much is very clear.

I'm certainly no expert, there are plenty of web pages available to explain these things in detail. My only point in posting here was to point out the Germans were working on an atomic bomb and they were thwarted in that endeavor.

Indeed you are no expert. Not even close to beginning to understand the process. That much is very clear.

Awww, a little angry Punky Brewster? Yes, inform us of your days as a Nuclear Physicist, or at least your time reading Wikipedia. You are funny, I'll give you that.

Awww, a little angry Punky Brewster? Yes, inform us of your days as a Nuclear Physicist, or at least your time reading Wikipedia. You are funny, I'll give you that.

Not angry at all. Just pointing out what a nimrod you are. If you don't know anything about the subject, just shut up and don't confirm yourself for a fool. The Japanese were working on a atomic weapon as well. They were even further behind than the Germans. Thanks to Heisenberg they never had a chance to complete it. Just leave it at that.

The germans were in fact working on a FUSION bomb. As such, thanks to the aforementioned actions by Heisenberg who stole a critical calculation that showed a fusion bomb wouldn't work without a fission bomb to initiate it, the germans would never have succeeded.

all about.

all about.

Doesn't there need to be some kind of radiation to cause the ionization of the chemical? If you have uranium and the 'heavy water' but no outside source of radiations of some sorts to start the re-arranging of the atomic structure of Uranium, could the Fission process still be possible?

all about.

all about.

Doesn't there need to be some kind of radiation to cause the ionization of the chemical? If you have uranium and the 'heavy water' but no outside source of radiations of some sorts to start the re-arranging of the atomic structure of Uranium, could the Fission process still be possible?

I did not think so----but I may be wrong. I thought (notice---I have not yet googled) that the issue was simply putting a whole bunch of radioactive isotopes of uranium together----to get to CRITICAL MASS <<< a term I remember from junior high school>>>>> -------maybe I should google

Albert Einstein visited the U.S. in 1933 when Adolf Hitler came into power and Albert Einstein did not go back to Germany since he was of Jewish ancestry. Albert Einstein knew that Adolf Hitler was anti-Semitic before the Nazi Regime was formed. He became a U.S. citizen in 1940 and on the eve of World War 2, he endorsed a letter to President Franklin D. Roosevelt alerting him to the potential development of 'extremely powerful bombs of a new type', and recommended that the U.S. begin similar research.

This led to the Manhattan Project.

The first nuclear testing of the bomb, by the Manhattan Project, which they dropped on Hiroshima, was conducted in New Mexico in July of 1945 in the Jornada del Muerto desert.

The U.S. with consent from the U.K, then dropped the nuclear bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August of 1945, 1 month after the test and 5 years after the war had begun.

The concept of nuclear weapons being possible through the process of 'fission', first arose in 1938 by Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassmann and was theoretically explained by Lise Meitner in January of 1939. This led to the discovery of 'spontaneous Fission' in Russia in 1940.

After the war had begun, Germany put aside their nuclear investigation. The German Nuclear Weapon Project was postponed and the Military of Germany was being strengthened by the German's enrollment into the military.

Although Germany and Russia had the foundations of nuclear weapons during WWII, neither Germany nor Russia had nuclear weapons during World War 2.

are you the grammar school history teacher?. Germany was VERY MUCH into research into FISSION as a weapon. The good news is that the jewish physicists left------even better----
the big time gentile physicist WERNER HEISENBERG------
probably sabotaged the effort

Heisenberg invented Quantum Theory that Einstein called spooky action at a distance.

Albert Einstein visited the U.S. in 1933 when Adolf Hitler came into power and Albert Einstein did not go back to Germany since he was of Jewish ancestry. Albert Einstein knew that Adolf Hitler was anti-Semitic before the Nazi Regime was formed. He became a U.S. citizen in 1940 and on the eve of World War 2, he endorsed a letter to President Franklin D. Roosevelt alerting him to the potential development of 'extremely powerful bombs of a new type', and recommended that the U.S. begin similar research.

The first nuclear testing of the bomb, by the Manhattan Project, which they dropped on Hiroshima, was conducted in New Mexico in July of 1945 in the Jornada del Muerto desert.

The U.S. with consent from the U.K, then dropped the nuclear bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August of 1945, 1 month after the test and 5 years after the war had begun.

The concept of nuclear weapons being possible through the process of 'fission', first arose in 1938 by Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassmann and was theoretically explained by Lise Meitner in January of 1939. This led to the discovery of 'spontaneous Fission' in Russia in 1940.

After the war had begun, Germany put aside their nuclear investigation. The German Nuclear Weapon Project was postponed and the Military of Germany was being strengthened by the German's enrollment into the military.

Although Germany and Russia had the foundations of nuclear weapons during WWII, neither Germany nor Russia had nuclear weapons during World War 2.

are you the grammar school history teacher?. Germany was VERY MUCH into research into FISSION as a weapon. The good news is that the jewish physicists left------even better----

Heisenberg invented Quantum Theory that Einstein called spooky action at a distance.

ok I have heard of quantum theory------I have even heard of
Heisenberg's uncertainty principle------but THAT DON'T MEAN I KNOW WTF IT'S ALL ABOUT

Heisenberg's uncertainty principle------but THAT DON'T MEAN I KNOW WTF IT'S ALL ABOUT

Quantum Theory is all about probability in the micro world which has no effect in the macro world and I call it junk science. My military radar used tunnel diodes that used the quantum effect many decades ago.

Last edited:

I did not think so----but I may be wrong. I thought (notice---I have not yet googled) that the issue was simply putting a whole bunch of radioactive isotopes of uranium together----to get to CRITICAL MASS <<< a term I remember from junior high school>>>>> -------maybe I should google

And if this is correct, the 'heavy water' would be the container for the radioactive isotopes? And if the radioactive isotopes are within the water, then the trigger of their combustion would be how again? Does radioactivity live on in radioactive isotopes submerged in waters?

Quantum Theory is all about probability which has no effect in the macro world and I call it junk science. My military radar used tunnel diodes that used the quantum effect many decades ago.

probability is EVERYTHING----sorta .........how can you
denigrate the NOBLE -------p value <<<< WTF!!!! i think

And if this is correct, the 'heavy water' would be the container for the radioactive isotopes? And if the radioactive isotopes are within the water, then the trigger of their combustion would be how again? Does radioactivity live on in radioactive isotopes submerged in waters?

I think that you are even more confused than am I-----the water used in the reaction as far as I recall is there to absorb
excess heat------ie the water in nuclear reactors-----to keep the
reaction under control-------or else MELTDOWN ---happens

Heavy water slows down the neutrons in a fission reaction. Fast neutrons make the bomb pop but not burst.

I think that you are even more confused than am I-----the water used in the reaction as far as I recall is there to absorb

Okay. so there is water... there are radioactive isotopes which have become so from the natural Uranium, making the uranium positive or negatively charged... and there are other things... My question is this.. in order for an isotope to become, there must first be an ionizing of the atom.. Without the ionizing of the Atom, the Atom remains a true atom in weight. There is no negative charge nor positive charge... Fission can begin with a 'diseased' atom, of sorts, which make it into an isotope. The certain charged isotope is volatile since it is not in its' original settings. The volatility of the isotope which is highly agitated and combustible is what causes the explosion when the agitation becomes too great for the vehicular structure which holds the volatile negative charged isotope to contain. When the structures cannot contain the excessive volatility and the produces of the agitations are being developed, the agitations of the isotopes, and even more so if it is triggered by an explosion of sorts, will become so great that it will burst outwardly.. but since the surrounding material, the steel of the bomb, is of a strong value, the combustion will turn inwardly to seek a place to relieve its' agitations. And when the process goes on back and forth for the excessive agitation to find some rest and neutral place but cannot find any, that is when the whole thing explodes into a big bang. ?? Could this be partly correct?

Last edited:

Quantum Theory is all about probability which has no effect in the macro world and I call it junk science. My military radar used tunnel diodes that used the quantum effect many decades ago.

probability is EVERYTHING----sorta .........how can you
denigrate the NOBLE -------p value <<<< WTF!!!! i think

This is a scientific discussion and I put my two cents in.

Okay. so there is water... there are radioactive isotopes which have become so from the natural Uranium, making the uranium positive or negatively charged... and there are other things... My question is this.. in order for an isotope to become, there must first be an ionizing of the atom.. Without the ionizing of the Atom, the Atom remains a true atom in weight. There is no negative charge nor positive charge...

I don't think so----you seem to be saying that you think that a radioactive atom must be either negatively charged or positively charged. NOPE----a radioactive atom is one that
has an unstable nucleus that pops out particles and energy
(I think-----don't quote me)

I thought that unless there was an empty space with no mass or matter, a vacuum, there could not be an implosion but only and explosion.

Okay. so there is water... there are radioactive isotopes which have become so from the natural Uranium, making the uranium positive or negatively charged... and there are other things... My question is this.. in order for an isotope to become, there must first be an ionizing of the atom.. Without the ionizing of the Atom, the Atom remains a true atom in weight. There is no negative charge nor positive charge...

I don't think so----you seem to be saying that you think that a radioactive atom must be either negatively charged or positively charged. NOPE----a radioactive atom is one that

And so this leads to my original question.. What is causing the instability of the atom?

Someone confused ion with isotope.

Forum List

Back