Yates smacks down the campaigning Cruz....

Trump is still President......

Cruz is still a senator.

When Ruth goes...you can kiss the SCOTUS good-bye.

Cruz is still a senator.

Nothing like changing the topic, right moron?

(BTW, what makes you think that Ginsburg is going anywhere?? She's a tough old cookie.......I'd worry more about the Trumpster surviving 2018...LOL)

Cruz is still a senator.

(BTW, what makes you think that Ginsburg is going anywhere?? She's a tough old cookie.......I'd worry more about the Trumpster surviving 2018...LOL)

I guess another way of putting it is that this thread is meaningless.....

And I really....

like-i-give-a-fuck_o_307554.gif

Sad that you think that is a smack down. The EO doesn't violate religious freedom. Citing that as a reason to not enforce it demonstrates Ignorance of the order and the laws governing religious liberty. Thinking that citation is a smack down demonstrates your own ignorance.

Cruz is still a senator.

And I really....

Is that why you've posted here?

Cruz is still a senator.

And I really....

Yep. you morons have bought into that "fake news" mantra by the orange clown...Stick to it and see where that gets you.....LOL

Here's where Yates failed:

"They do not look outside the face of the document," she said.

In contrast, she said, "it was appropriate for us to look at the intent behind the president's actions, and the intent is laid out in his statements."

She's only supposed to look at the document.

Acting attorney general fired by Trump stands by decision not to defend travel ban

No. Because the court is not going to just ignore his statements . She was proven right as the EO was instantly shot down by the courts .

In contrast, she said, "it was appropriate for us to look at the intent behind the president's actions, and the intent is laid out in his statements."

Acting attorney general fired by Trump stands by decision not to defend travel ban

Not true. When the Republicans sued Obama over his immigration order, they used Obama's statements in their case. You can't have it both ways.

I do think that Yates won that battle. Her answer was smart and took Cruz off his game. Worth noting that Republican and Democrat appointed judges have sided with Yates. Her analysis was spot on.

Sally Yates Makes Ted Cruz Look Like A Fool And Crushes The Republican Defense Of Trump
By Sarah Jones on Mon, May 8th, 2017 at 5:07 pm

During the Sally Yates hearing on Monday, Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz tried to best Sally Yates with the law, only to be humiliated by her legal knowledge.

Sally Yates Makes Ted Cruz Look Like A Fool And Crushes The Republican Defense Of Trump

More lies, the dumb broad admitted she ignored the 4 corners doctrine and inserted her personal hackery. She has no legal or constitutional authority to confer constitutional rights on foreign nationals who have never set foot on US soil. Also the plaintiffs attorney, in oral arguments before the 4th circuit, admitted that the order would be legal and constitutional if it were issued by any other president. The 4th circuit won't ignore the 4 corners doctrine and will uphold the order. Then miss Yates will be eating a well deserved large portion of crow.

Last edited:

no, she didn't say that mr twister!

she said it was the Judicial branch's counsel's/lawyer's job to not look at intent in their review, strictly content...but it was her job as attorney general and her team's job to include the review of intent, as did the several Judges in different states who shot his e/o down.

During the Sally Yates hearing on Monday, Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz tried to best Sally Yates with the law, only to be humiliated by her legal knowledge.

Yes she slammed dunked Ted Cruz with her answer.

Wow, 1:18 of a 7:00 minute question session. Deceptive editing much?

No. Because the court is not going to just ignore his statements . She was proven right as the EO was instantly shot down by the courts .

Not one judge so far has addressed the presidents authority to issue the order. That will change on appeals.

Oh, gee, let me guess. All the Democrats are going to say Yates made a fool out of Cruz and the Republicans are going to say you're wack and Cruz owned Yates. Oh, wow, look. That's exactly what happened.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Yawn.............

Forum List

Back