Yates smacks down the campaigning Cruz....

Sally Yates Makes Ted Cruz Look Like A Fool And Crushes The Republican Defense Of Trump
By Sarah Jones on Mon, May 8th, 2017 at 5:07 pm

During the Sally Yates hearing on Monday, Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz tried to best Sally Yates with the law, only to be humiliated by her legal knowledge.

Sally Yates Makes Ted Cruz Look Like A Fool And Crushes The Republican Defense Of Trump

Oh, gee, let me guess. All the Democrats are going to say Yates made a fool out of Cruz and the Republicans are going to say you're wack and Cruz owned Yates. Oh, wow, look. That's exactly what happened.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Yawn.............

I never said that, I explained how Cruz exposed her partisan hackery. She fully deserved to be fired, her job was to defend the legality of the order, nothing more, she's not a judge.

During the Sally Yates hearing on Monday, Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz tried to best Sally Yates with the law, only to be humiliated by her legal knowledge.

Further evidence of the right’s contempt for the rule of law, and that Republicans are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

More lies, the dumb broad admitted she ignored the 4 corners doctrine and inserted her personal hackery. She has no legal or constitutional authority to confer constitutional rights on foreign nationals who have never set foot on US soil. Also the plaintiffs attorney, in oral arguments before the 4th circuit, admitted that the order would be legal and constitutional if it were issued by any other president. The 4th circuit won't ignore the 4 corners doctrine and will uphold the order. Then miss Yates will be eating a well deserved large portion of crow.

No. she refused to support it because it as unconstitutional, and the court agreed with her.

Trump is still President......

Cruz is still a senator.

When Ruth goes...you can kiss the SCOTUS good-bye.

You don't honestly believe you got a right wing U.S. Supreme Court Judge with Niel Gorsuch do you?--LOL

You apparently don't know that Niel Gorsuch was a G.W. Bush Federal Court appointee, and this was in 2006 when Democrats owned the Senate and could have easily rejected him. In fact, here are the Democrats that voted to confirm Gorsuch.

C3iqmpaWQAEPvHP.jpg

Andrew Mullins on Twitter

In fact, Niel Gorsuch is the only nominee to my memory that publicy stated that Roe v Wade is precedent--meaning set in stone.
Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

stupid2_596.jpg

Further evidence of the right’s contempt for the rule of law, and that Republicans are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

Not only did she clock Cruz in this video--but did you hear what the Ass Clown Trump did--LOL This regarding the 2.0 version of the executive order that is currently under review by the 4th district court.

Sean Spicer today 05/08/2017 was told by reporters that on Trump's campaign website he was still advertising the MUSLIM ban--this of course after the 4th district court--all 12 justices had already seen it, and were questioning attorney's regarding it.

"Washington (CNN)A press release touting Donald Trump's controversial plan to ban all Muslim travel into the United States was removed from his campaign website Monday, shortly after White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters that he was unaware that the plan was still online."

Trump campaign removes Muslim ban language from website - CNNPolitics.com

th

I don't know how you convince 12 Federal District court judges that this is a travel ban, when he was still advertising a MUSLIM ban on his website--LOL

Last edited:

More lies, the dumb broad admitted she ignored the 4 corners doctrine and inserted her personal hackery. She has no legal or constitutional authority to confer constitutional rights on foreign nationals who have never set foot on US soil. Also the plaintiffs attorney, in oral arguments before the 4th circuit, admitted that the order would be legal and constitutional if it were issued by any other president. The 4th circuit won't ignore the 4 corners doctrine and will uphold the order. Then miss Yates will be eating a well deserved large portion of crow.

Dumb broad? She handled herself quite well. She has every right to make a judgement as to whether it will hold up in court. Usually the Justice Department helps write the executive order However in this case non-lawyers like Steve Bannon wrote the order. Also worth noting that Yates only passed judgement on the original order which was struck down by Republican and Democrat judges in a 3-0 vote.

Here's where Yates failed:

"They do not look outside the face of the document," she said.

In contrast, she said, "it was appropriate for us to look at the intent behind the president's actions, and the intent is laid out in his statements."

She's only supposed to look at the document.

...and when she LOOKED at the document, her legal judgment was that the EO was UNlawful (and UNConstitutional) ......a determination that was backed by the courts.
NO, she didn't fail........it was the arrogant Cruz that got handed his ass.

Here's where Yates failed:

"They do not look outside the face of the document," she said.

In contrast, she said, "it was appropriate for us to look at the intent behind the president's actions, and the intent is laid out in his statements."

She's only supposed to look at the document.

Acting attorney general fired by Trump stands by decision not to defend travel ban
no, she didn't say that mr twister!

she said it was the Judicial branch's counsel's/lawyer's job to not look at intent in their review, strictly content...but it was her job as attorney general and her team's job to include the review of intent, as did the several Judges in different states who shot his e/o down.

She absolutely did say that!

Acting attorney general fired by Trump stands by decision not to defend travel ban

Basically she said "Oh you can't just look at the document" You have look to at outside factors and some other gobblety-gook.

Like: "What did he say at his daughter's birthday party 8 years ago?" :cuckoo:

Notice the link I provided is from ABC news.

You can't make this stuff up. :badgrin:

PS: I noticed you turned "a few" into "several".

Allow me to remind you that she was fired.

Last edited:

Oh, gee, let me guess. All the Democrats are going to say Yates made a fool out of Cruz and the Republicans are going to say you're wack and Cruz owned Yates. Oh, wow, look. That's exactly what happened.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Yawn.............

Yup...but you left out a key piece...Cruz ran away and didn't return for the 2nd round of questions.

After Getting His Butt Kicked By Sally Yates, Ted Cruz Doesn't Return For Second Round Of Questioning

Cruz made a rookie mistake thinking he could quote the law out of context and fool Yates with it

She threw it back in his face

Yates is politically correct piece of shit... it showed. Lol

Trump is still President......

Cruz is still a senator.

When Ruth goes...you can kiss the SCOTUS good-bye.

You don't honestly believe you got a right wing U.S. Supreme Court Judge with Niel Gorsuch do you?--LOL

You apparently don't know that Niel Gorsuch was a G.W. Bush Federal Court appointee, and this was in 2006 when Democrats owned the Senate and could have easily rejected him. In fact, here are the Democrats that voted to confirm Gorsuch.

C3iqmpaWQAEPvHP.jpg

Andrew Mullins on Twitter

In fact, Niel Gorsuch is the only nominee to my memory that publicy stated that Roe v Wade is precedent--meaning set in stone.
Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

stupid2_596.jpg
Plessy v. Ferguson was precident:

"Plessy legitimized the state laws establishing racial segregation in the South and provided an impetus for further segregation laws. It also legitimized laws in the North requiring racial segregation as in the Boston school segregation case noted by Justice Brown in his majority opinion.[20] Legislative achievements won during the Reconstruction Era were erased through means of the "separate but equal" doctrine.[21] The doctrine had been strengthened also by an 1875 Supreme Court decision that limited the federal government's ability to intervene in state affairs, guaranteeing to Congress only the power "to restrain states from acts of racial discrimination and segregation".[22] The ruling basically granted states legislative immunity when dealing with questions of race, guaranteeing the states' right to implement racially separate institutions, requiring them only to be "equal"
Plessy v. Ferguson - Wikipedia

And in 1954 this decision, used by the several states to continue to discriminate was overruled in Brown v. Board of Education.

Precedents are not Set in Stone.

Love how Yates slapped around Sen John Cornyn

Cruz, Cornyn question Sally Yates on not defending Trump's travel ban | Politics | Dallas News

“I voted for your confirmation because I believed that you had a distinguished career, but I have to tell you that I find it enormously disappointing that you somehow vetoed the decision of the Office of Legal Counsel,” Cornyn said.

Yates also reminded Cornyn that he and other senators had specifically asked her during her confirmation hearing whether she would reject a president’s request if she found it unlawful, unconstitutional or a poor reflection on the Justice Department.

“I looked at this, I made a determination that I believed that it was unlawful, I also thought that it was inconsistent with the principles of the Department of Justice, and I said no, and that’s what I promised you I would do,” Yates said

Moron Cornyn hammers Yates at her confirmation on whether she would reject Obama's request if she thought it was unlawful

But when she rejects an unlawful request from Trump.......Cornyn is outraged...How could you?

She kicked Trump and his cabal's ass, so you call her politically correct. Pretty weak.
She is a suck ass, kiss ass obama fan girl. It's quite obvious

That's it. Get it all out of your system. Nobody could put a finger on her, and she was like a Ninja up against people like Cornyn and Cruz. Go ahead and call her a few names. It'll make you feel better, even if there is nothing else you can do to sooth your bruised ego.

She kicked Trump and his cabal's ass, so you call her politically correct. Pretty weak.
She is a suck ass, kiss ass obama fan girl. It's quite obvious

That's it. Get it all out of your system. Nobody could put a finger on her, and she was like a Ninja up against people like Cornyn and Cruz. Go ahead and call her a few names. It'll make you feel better, even if there is nothing else you can do to sooth your bruised ego.

Yates knew what was coming and was prepared

She set them up and then buried them once they went into their partisan witch hunt mode

Forum List

Back