Yay! More offended people!

Taking a page out of the new playbook. The outrage machine can bring some wanted attention, the kind that generates business. Chic Fil A showed them how it's done and now business is exploiting the outrage machine to their benefit. One has to admire this shrewd strategy.

You also had that "beach body" company that told the offended crowd to bugger off.

I have OCD, and I'm more offended by what a gay sweater it is. I do love Target's "apology" though.

While Target regrets that some customers are offended by the sweater, there are no plans to remove the item, according to Josh Thomas, a Target spokesman.

"We never want to disappoint any of our guests and apologize for any discomfort," Thomas said in a statement.

What a half-assed, "go fuck yourself" apology. :lol:
"Discomfort"

:laugh:

That one word was what made the apology as great as it is. Target might as well have said, "We're sorry you're a whiny faggot. We're still selling the shirts." :lol:

I have OCD, and I'm more offended by what a gay sweater it is. I do love Target's "apology" though.

While Target regrets that some customers are offended by the sweater, there are no plans to remove the item, according to Josh Thomas, a Target spokesman.

"We never want to disappoint any of our guests and apologize for any discomfort," Thomas said in a statement.

Still better than just knuckling under.

offensensitivity.gif
"My gosh....Life is offensive."

Truer words were never spoken.

Oh, I totally agree with the way Target handled it. Just using the word "discomfort" made their apology seem almost mocking in tone.

Oh, I totally agree with the way Target handled it. Just using the word "discomfort" made their apology seem almost mocking in tone.

Indeed, maybe some corporations are finally trying to grow a spine.

We have to realize that the Internet allows opinions that are held by a small vocal minority to seem like the screams of a thundering mob. Never in the course of history have the whines of so few sounded like the whines of so many (apologies to Winston Churchill).

We have to realize that the Internet allows opinions that are held by a small vocal minority to seem like the screams of a thundering mob. Never in the course of history have the whines of so few sounded like the whines of so many (apologies to Winston Churchill).

The thing is that both overly PC liberals and social conservatives should share the blame. Bucs90 made a thread recently about tonight's episode of South Park that attacks liberals. Yet South Park's biggest proponents have been groups like the Catholic League and the Family Research Council. I can't think of a single liberal group that has ever attacked them. Then we have whiny conservatives complaining that Starbucks doesn't have snowflakes on their cups. It's getting fucking ridiculous on both sides. The only difference is what bullshit issue enrages them.

The thing is that both overly PC liberals and social conservatives should share the blame. Bucs90 made a thread recently about tonight's episode of South Park that attacks liberals. Yet South Park's biggest proponents have been groups like the Catholic League and the Family Research Council. I can't think of a single liberal group that has ever attacked them. Then we have whiny conservatives complaining that Starbucks doesn't have snowflakes on their cups. It's getting fucking ridiculous on both sides. The only difference is what bullshit issue enrages them.

The difference is that nowadays its only the progressive whiners getting people fired, or getting peoples lives ruined.

The social conservatives had their time in the 70's and 80's, and they were rightly laughed at. For some reason progressives of the same fascist ilk are not getting enough push back.

The difference is that nowadays its only the progressive whiners getting people fired, or getting peoples lives ruined.

The social conservatives had their time in the 70's and 80's, and they were rightly laughed at. For some reason progressives of the same fascist ilk are not getting enough push back.

Bullshit.

When an asshole says or does something that pisses off enough customers or potential customers..he might get himself fired.

Taking a page out of the new playbook. The outrage machine can bring some wanted attention, the kind that generates business. Chic Fil A showed them how it's done and now business is exploiting the outrage machine to their benefit. One has to admire this shrewd strategy.
Chick is in trouble actually, for being nice to the faggots.
DID YOU REALLY JUST SAY "FAGGOTS?" ... :shock:

This just keeps getting better.

Target is now under fire for selling this shirt. Evidently it "offends" people with OCD. Or it might. Or it could. Who the fuck knows at this point.

The PC Police have turned this country into a bunch of whining, hyper-sensitive narcissists. But I have to admit, it can be pretty funny.

Target accused of trivializing mental illness with 'OCD' sweater

12246954_10152781784627609_7793917349983494791_n.png
I can only think that the offended machine is going to play their hand out to the point where people aren't going to give a RATS ASS if they're offended or not. In fact it could back fire, and there could come instances where people are intentionally trying to offend the pajama boys just to get a good laugh, and watch them hide away in their safe place... :lol:

Bullshit.

When an asshole says or does something that pisses off enough customers or potential customers..he might get himself fired.

Unless you are in academia and offend non-progressives, then you can apologize and go on with your life.

And the firings occur well before anyone can actually get pissed off, its the threat of pissed off.

Corporations are spineless with this, and you asshats have figured it out. What we need is people with spines to tell you to go pound sand, or is that a micro-aggression that hurts your feeeeeeewwwwwiiiiinnnngggss????

The Catholic League had Opie and Anthony fired. They have attempted the same with South Park, yet failed. Don't mistake their success rates with their attempts. Social conservatives have been less successful in recent years, but not for lack of trying.

Bullshit.

Don't be silly. Did you see how many people at Starbucks Corporate have been fired for the red cup fiasco!

I can only think that the offended machine is going to play their hand out to the point where people aren't going to give a RATS ASS if they're offended or not. In fact it could back fire, and there could come instances where people are intentionally trying to offend the pajama boys just to get a good laugh, and watch them hide away in their safe place... :lol:
I think you're right, and I think it's playing out right now.

People have had enough of this shit. The hyper-sensitive narcissists have FINALLY jumped the shark, and now it's just a punchline.

Forum List

Back