Yeah...He Said That!

Punish those people with an extra 3% tax on income over 200,000 dollars (just like they were punished in the 90's)

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

They would need to make $30 Trillion annually to plug the hole that Obama and the Dems blew into the deficit

And that somehow justifies calling the return to the tax rates of the 90's punishing exceptional people how Frankie? Remind me of a Disney joke.

The Doctor came back the Mickey and said. "Mickey I just can't find anything wrong with Minnie. Her mind seems sound."

Mickey said. "No Doc. I said she's Fucking Goofy"

Conservatives see taxation as necessary for paying the legitimate (constitutional) costs of government.

Liberals see taxation as a tool for achieving some apocryphal 'material equality.'
It's like trying to take a close-up picture of the horizon.

Roads and bridges got built.

Most people sucked their thumbs.

A few exceptional people built businesses.

Obama: Those exceptional people must be punished!

Punish those people with an extra 3% tax on income over 200,000 dollars (just like they were punished in the 90's)

EVERYONE paid more taxes in the 90s. Why are you not raising taxes on EVERYONE, and just want to punish the rich instead?

That was Obama's rhetoric. Make the rich pay more because roads-and-bridges roads-and-bridges rah-rah-rah.

Idiot dick non sequitur logic.

Last edited:

Becayse they can afford it, right?
Because they wont miss it, right?
Because it's not really their money since THEY DIDNT EARN IT.

Yes. No. No. Mostly because the Bush-era tax cuts should have been recended before President Bush engaged in two wars and we've had to borrow money to pay for both the wars and the tax cuts. Frankly they should have been recended for all. But they should also be required to present a balance budget. When the debit is paid off then we can talk about tax cuts for everyone.

WHoa re you yo say what someone can afford or not?

If they should have been rescinded, why were they extended by a Democratic Congress and signed by a Democratic president, who had pledged to rescind them?

They would need to make $30 Trillion annually to plug the hole that Obama and the Dems blew into the deficit

And, if you raise capital gains taxes to be equal to income taxes, as well as adding that 3%, you'd plug a good portion of that hole.

You could lower corporate taxes to 10% to satisfy all those people that will claim "double taxation". After all, the corporations don't actually pay their taxes anyway.

1. "Why is it that the Democrats can’t stop telling us that “If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that” is not what the president meant to say? Could it be that they’re afraid this clumsy attempt at an ad lib by Teleprompter Man could be dooming their chances this November?

2. Rarely does a day go by without some Democratic Party house newsletter — New York magazine, The New York Times — screechingly informing us how unfair Republicans are being in quoting President Obama’s infamous speech at the Roanoke Fire Department on July 13. If Mitt Romney wins, there will be a plaque there, kinda like the one near the Chicago Baskin-Robbins where Barack Obama and Michelle Robinson had their first kiss.

3. “There’s just nothing to it, and they hit it over and over,” Time’s Mark Halperin whined on CNN Thursday.

4. But there was something to it, a lot to it. And far from being taken out of context, the speech, when you reverse the zoom lens from a single phrase to the general theme, becomes even more disturbing.

5. “You didn’t build that” is indeed a fair summary of the overarching message.
The full quotation that liberals find perfectly reasonable is this: “If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help,” Obama said. “There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

6. Obama is painting a frankly Marxist picture in which through sheer luck (say, inheriting a factory), rich layabouts, whom he calls the top 2%, are making fortunes while others toil. “Somebody else” is responsible for the success of successful entrepreneurs.

7. ...46% of Americans pay no federal income tax at all.
The top 1 percent pay 37% of all federal income taxes. So each of those horrible selfish plutocrats, along with the burden of their monocles and top hats, is carrying 36 other Americans on his back. They are their brothers’ keeper, and their sisters’, and their cousins’, and about five other families’. Why does Obama hate these saints?

8. The 1 percenters aren’t choking traffic with 37% of the cars or crowding classrooms with 37% of the pupils. (Which have been so ruined by Obama-type thinking that the rich often choose private education in the first place and owe nothing to the public schools, whose costs they don’t even get a refund for.) The rich and small business owners (there is much overlap) are the ones who, to a hugely disproportionate degree, pay for the things Obama suggests they don’t pay for at all — because “somebody else” did it for them.

9. A more honest speech would have been directed at the underclass and informed them: “Look, somebody else built those roads you use. Somebody else is paying for that welfare check you’re getting every month. Respect those who stayed in school, worked hard and delayed gratification. Try to learn something from them.”

10. ...— graduate high school, get married and delay having children until your 20s — the poverty rate virtually vanishes. Only 8% of those who play by these basic American rules turn out poor.

It turns out that if you’re stuck in the poverty trap, yes, you probably did build that."
‘You didn’t build that’ - NYPOST.com

My buddy Boo made me post this....maybe he'll stop denying that that's what Obama said.....

President Obama did not paint a Marxist picture, you dumb broad. You need a job or something to occupy your time. Or take that gun you seem so proud of and go target shooting or something. You need something to do with your time besides looking for some ridiculous reason to attack the president so that you can blow it completely out of proportion. Must be your need for attention. Your anti-Obama threads are getting more and more silly.

Sigh.

It's all about emphasis, and on what noun is being described.

The word "That" refers to the infrastructure mentioned in the rest of the paragraph.

He's saying, essentially, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that infrastructure".

But leave it to Republicans to attempt to twist the meaning of anything.

It's too bad for you guys that people are quite successfully ignoring that bit of BS.

Obama has a 5 point lead, even in the latest Rasmussen poll (and that's saying a lot).
And no one has won an election after being that far behind in September since 1964.

I think that's what's motivating them to start these kinds of threads. They are pissed.

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t – look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together
. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

It's a flat out lie to say the President was talking about anyones' business. But that's what the Conz do isn't it?

"If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that." isnt talking about anyone's business. Then why did he say "If you've got a business"? Was he saying they didnt build snowmen instead? Spin it all you want, you're just being a dishonest hack by pretending he didnt say what he clearly said.

Here’s the full context of what he said:

We’ve already made a trillion dollars’ worth of cuts. We can make some more cuts in programs that don’t work, and make government work more efficiently…We can make another trillion or trillion-two, and what we then do is ask for the wealthy to pay a little bit more …

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president – because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”

Did Obama Say, ‘If You’ve Got a Business, You Didn’t Build That’? - ABC News

I don't see what all the fuss is about. He didn't say anything that should upset anybody.

EVERYONE paid more taxes in the 90s. Why are you not raising taxes on EVERYONE, and just want to punish the rich instead?

That was Obama's rhetoric. Make the rich pay more because roads-and-bridges roads-and-bridges rah-rah-rah.

Idiot dick non sequitur logic.

I've said that I could accept letting the Bush era tax cuts expire for everyone as long as we get a balanced budget amendment, so the fucks in Congress don't just keep on spending the extra.

Term limits would be helpful too.

Insult much?

1. "Why is it that the Democrats can’t stop telling us that “If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that” is not what the president meant to say? Could it be that they’re afraid this clumsy attempt at an ad lib by Teleprompter Man could be dooming their chances this November?

2. Rarely does a day go by without some Democratic Party house newsletter — New York magazine, The New York Times — screechingly informing us how unfair Republicans are being in quoting President Obama’s infamous speech at the Roanoke Fire Department on July 13. If Mitt Romney wins, there will be a plaque there, kinda like the one near the Chicago Baskin-Robbins where Barack Obama and Michelle Robinson had their first kiss.

3. “There’s just nothing to it, and they hit it over and over,” Time’s Mark Halperin whined on CNN Thursday.

4. But there was something to it, a lot to it. And far from being taken out of context, the speech, when you reverse the zoom lens from a single phrase to the general theme, becomes even more disturbing.

The full quotation that liberals find perfectly reasonable is this: “If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help,” Obama said. “There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

6. Obama is painting a frankly Marxist picture in which through sheer luck (say, inheriting a factory), rich layabouts, whom he calls the top 2%, are making fortunes while others toil. “Somebody else” is responsible for the success of successful entrepreneurs.

The top 1 percent pay 37% of all federal income taxes. So each of those horrible selfish plutocrats, along with the burden of their monocles and top hats, is carrying 36 other Americans on his back. They are their brothers’ keeper, and their sisters’, and their cousins’, and about five other families’. Why does Obama hate these saints?

8. The 1 percenters aren’t choking traffic with 37% of the cars or crowding classrooms with 37% of the pupils. (Which have been so ruined by Obama-type thinking that the rich often choose private education in the first place and owe nothing to the public schools, whose costs they don’t even get a refund for.) The rich and small business owners (there is much overlap) are the ones who, to a hugely disproportionate degree, pay for the things Obama suggests they don’t pay for at all — because “somebody else” did it for them.

9. A more honest speech would have been directed at the underclass and informed them: “Look, somebody else built those roads you use. Somebody else is paying for that welfare check you’re getting every month. Respect those who stayed in school, worked hard and delayed gratification. Try to learn something from them.”

10. ...— graduate high school, get married and delay having children until your 20s — the poverty rate virtually vanishes. Only 8% of those who play by these basic American rules turn out poor.

It turns out that if you’re stuck in the poverty trap, yes, you probably did build that."

My buddy Boo made me post this....maybe he'll stop denying that that's what Obama said.....

President Obama did not paint a Marxist picture, you dumb broad. You need a job or something to occupy your time. Or take that gun you seem so proud of and go target shooting or something. You need something to do with your time besides looking for some ridiculous reason to attack the president so that you can blow it completely out of proportion. Must be your need for attention. Your anti-Obama threads are getting more and more silly.

1. First, Rin-Tin-Tin, that's Ms. DumbBroad to you!!

2. "... looking for some ridiculous reason to attack the president..."
Matthew 7:7 ...seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

3. "...so that you can blow it completely out of proportion."

I believe that attacks by this empty suit on the free market and capitalism is a pretty big deal.
Don't you?

4. "Must be your need for attention."
Maybe a little....thanks for providing same.

5. "Your anti-Obama threads are getting more and more silly."

Hey....look at the bright side: you'll only have to put up with 'em for less than a month!

BTW....remember way back when you had an avi with the picture of the pretender in the people's house....and I asked when you were gonna get rid of it?
Well...glad you listened to me?
This one is so much classier.

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t – look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together
. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

It's a flat out lie to say the President was talking about anyones' business. But that's what the Conz do isn't it?

"If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that." isnt talking about anyone's business. Then why did he say "If you've got a business"? Was he saying they didnt build snowmen instead? Spin it all you want, you're just being a dishonest hack by pretending he didnt say what he clearly said.

We’ve already made a trillion dollars’ worth of cuts. We can make some more cuts in programs that don’t work, and make government work more efficiently…We can make another trillion or trillion-two, and what we then do is ask for the wealthy to pay a little bit more …

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president – because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”

I don't see what all the fuss is about. He didn't say anything that should upset anybody.

That's the beauty of Fauxrageousness. It doesn't have to be based on reality or facts. The Fauxrageous ones don't care as long as in the end it denigrates President Obama.

As I said, he wants to make one class of people pay for the roads and bridges we all use. He is targeting the hardest working Americans for special tax increases for being so successful.

This is literally counterproductive. Let's target those who showed some initiative and created jobs and businesses and all those wonderful goods everyone uses.

"You didn't build that". Neither did EVERYONE else. Why are you not asking EVERYONE to "pay a little bit more" for the roads and bridges EVERYONE uses?

Because you hate rich people. And "roads and bridges" is the retarded non sequitur illogic used for doing it. Simple as that.

Last edited:

That's the beauty of Fauxrageousness. It doesn't have to be based on reality or facts. The Fauxrageous ones don't care as long as in the end it denigrates President Obama.

I am simply mystified how you can posit that Obama did not say exactly what is quoted in the area just above your post. What part of "If you have a business you didnt build that" sounds like a lie to you?

I am simply mystified how you can posit that Obama did not say exactly what is quoted in the area just above your post. What part of "If you have a business you didnt build that" sounds like a lie to you?

you are easily mystified, rick perry aficionado

Democrats can't even tell the truth about the crap they say themselves. It's like they think we're stupid or something.

you are easily mystified, rick perry aficionado

Its no mystery why you believe it. You're just fucking stupid.

1. First, Rin-Tin-Tin, that's Ms. DumbBroad to you!!

2. "... looking for some ridiculous reason to attack the president..."
Matthew 7:7 ...seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

3. "...so that you can blow it completely out of proportion."

I believe that attacks by this empty suit on the free market and capitalism is a pretty big deal.
Don't you?

4. "Must be your need for attention."
Maybe a little....thanks for providing same.

5. "Your anti-Obama threads are getting more and more silly."

Hey....look at the bright side: you'll only have to put up with 'em for less than a month!

BTW....remember way back when you had an avi with the picture of the pretender in the people's house....and I asked when you were gonna get rid of it?Well...glad you listened to me?
This one is so much classier.

No, I don't. This is a perfect example of why I tell you to get over yourself. You are very forgettable. It's kind of sad. I might feel bad for you if I thought you had any redeeming qualities.

As I said, he wants to make one class of people pay for the roads and bridges we all use. He is targeting the hardest working Americans for special tax increases for being so successful.

This is literally counterproductive. Let's target those who showed some initiative and created jobs and businesses and all those wonderful goods everyone uses.

"You didn't build that". Neither did EVERYONE else. Why are you not asking EVERYONE to "pay a little bit more" for the roads and bridges EVERYONE uses?

Because you hate rich people. And "roads and bridges" is the retarded non sequitur illogic used for doing it. Simple as that.

Oh, brother.

Forum List

Back