Yeah....Trump didn't fire comey.....this other guy did...

Well he didn't quite say "it had nothing to do with the recommendations" as you stated, but I guess I'm not surprised - really no one should be surprised. Comey politicized the FBI no matter how you shake it.

Well, yes, he did. Watch the video starting at 2:34. Trump said he was going to fire Comey regardless of the recommendation.

Well I just found this and it looks like we've all been duped by the MSM bobbleheads, again. I'm just going to stop fucking listening to those assholes lol

The official statement from the white house @2:20ish actually confirms everything that President Trump stated - that he was intending to fire Comey from the day he was elected.

PS I'm still digging around, will update if I find anything else from the WH.

Well he didn't quite say "it had nothing to do with the recommendations" as you stated, but I guess I'm not surprised - really no one should be surprised. Comey politicized the FBI no matter how you shake it.

Well, yes, he did. Watch the video starting at 2:34. Trump said he was going to fire Comey regardless of the recommendation.

Well I just found this and it looks like we've all been duped by the MSM bobbleheads, again. I'm just going to stop fucking listening to those assholes lol

The official statement from the white house @2:20ish actually confirms everything that President Trump stated - that he was intending to fire Comey from the day he was elected.

You were going by what the white house told you. The problem with that is that Trump lies even to his on spokesmen. They go out and try to spread his version of events knowing that he might change everything he said at any time as if all his previous remarks just never existed. It has to be very frustrating for his spokesmen and for you.

The Deputy AG does not have the power to fire the FBI Director.
That's why he didn't. There was a memo in which the Deputy AG recommended he be fired.

Of course there was.

But which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Somehow, I doubt you would ask that same question of a Democrat President.
But that hasn't happened, has it?
Not germane to what I said, is it?
Very much so....you provide a "what if" situation...and I clearly point out that your "what if" hasn't happened.

You were going by what the white house told you. The problem with that is that Trump lies even to his on spokesmen. They go out and try to spread his version of events knowing that he might change everything he said at any time as if all his previous remarks just never existed. It has to be very frustrating for his spokesmen and for you.

You are conflating what the WH says and what the MEDIA SAYS.

If you can provide me a statement on the reason Comey was fired prior to the 5/10 statement from the WH that I linked - where it was very clearly stated that President Trump wanted him fired almost from day 1. Then please provide it. I haven't found anything but assumptions by the media on 5/9.

If you can provide me a statement on the reason Comey was fired prior to the 5/10 statement from the WH that I linked - where it was very clearly stated that President Trump wanted him fired almost from day 1. Then please provide it. I haven't found anything but assumptions by the media on 5/9.

Too bad he didn't fire him back then. Then he could have avoided the appearance that he's trying to squash the ongoing investigation for illegal connections between his campaign and Russians.

Both might be true in this case since it appears President Trump was /looking/ for a reason to fire Comey heh

Too bad he didn't fire him back then. Then he could have avoided the appearance that he's trying to squash the ongoing investigation for illegal connections between his campaign and Russians.

It appears Comey asked President Trump to give him a chance - see the video I linked from the WH press brief on 5/10. Strike that it was the news video my near photo memory doesn't work with video unfortunately - NBC News' Lester Holt to interview President Trump President Trump gave him a chance and Comey failed to regain the trust of everyone. Shit happens like that sometimes.

It appears Comey asked President Trump to give him a chance - see the video I linked from the WH press brief on 5/10. Strike that it was the news video - NBC News' Lester Holt to interview President Trump President Trump gave him a chance and Comey failed to regain the trust of everyone. Shit happens like that sometimes.

That's according to Trump, who frankly, has no credibility himself.

It appears Comey asked President Trump to give him a chance - see the video I linked from the WH press brief on 5/10. Strike that it was the news video - NBC News' Lester Holt to interview President Trump President Trump gave him a chance and Comey failed to regain the trust of everyone. Shit happens like that sometimes.

I disagree with your assessment of President Trump's credibility. I believe he has been pretty honest with us. To each their own opinion there.

Regardless the argument being put forward is that Trump lied about "why" he fired Comey - which is not proven to be the case by any evidence I have seen.

Assumptions based upon the facts surrounding the situation. Those facts just didn't agree with earlier statements by Trump or his spokesmen. How unfortunate for you to loyally defend everything Trump and his cartel say or do when you know he has such a long history of being proven to lie.

Both might be true in this case since it appears President Trump was /looking/ for a reason to fire Comey heh

You're just floundering now. Trump lied and you made a fool of yourself trying to defend him. Nothing you can say will make you come off better than that. Let it go.

I disagree with your assessment of President Trump's credibility. I believe he has been pretty honest with us. To each their own opinion there.

Regardless the argument being put forward is that Trump lied about "why" he fired Comey - which is not proven to be the case by any evidence I have seen.

Of course not. You can choose to believe anything you want. Facts don't have to bother you at all, if you don't want them to.

Assumptions based upon the facts surrounding the situation. Those facts just didn't agree with earlier statements by Trump or his spokesmen. How unfortunate for you to loyally defend everything Trump and his cartel say or do when you know he has such a long history of being proven to lie.

Again - If you can provide me a statement on the reason Comey was fired prior to the 5/10 statement from the WH that I linked - where it was very clearly stated that President Trump wanted him fired almost from day 1. Then please provide it. I haven't found anything but assumptions by the media on 5/9.

Of course not. You can choose to believe anything you want. Facts don't have to bother you at all, if you don't want them to.

Considering what you're responding to here you're coming off as a hack not me.

This is how it actually happened...but don't let the truth get in your way left wingers...

Administration: Comey fired because of handling of Clinton email investigation

The reason the Trump administration is giving for the firing of James Comey is that the newly confirmed Deputy Attorney General, Rod Rosenstein recommended it. Upon taking office, Rosenstein reviewed the matter of Comey’s fitness and concluded that he needed to go.

Rosenstein states his reasoning for this conclusion in a memo to Attorney General Jeff Sessions. You can read the memo here, along with Sessions’ letter to President Trump and Trump’s letter of discharge to Comey.

Rosenstein says Comey needed to go because he mishandled the email investigation of Hillary Clinton and then continued to defend his conduct, most notably in recent congressional testimony. Rosenstein says Comey was wrong to “usurp” the Attorney General’s authority and announce that Clinton wouldn’t be prosecuted and wrong to hold a press conference in which he released derogatory information about Clinton.

-----------

Rosenstein is able to cite past high ranking Justice Department officials Attorney Generals from both parties who strongly share his view that what Comey did was wrong. I have heard partisan Republicans who have worked in the Justice Department take the same position. (It happens that I agree with Comey. In the context of a presidential election and all of the interest in the Clinton email scandal, it would have been wrong for Comey not to state the reasons why he recommended no indictment and wrong not to have laid out the facts for the American people).

So there is no reason to doubt that Rosenstein was appalled by Comey’s conduct and his recent defense of that conduct before Congress. There is also no reason to doubt that he genuinely thinks Comey needed to go as a result of his behavior and the controversy it has generated.

I have news, Donald Trump just said he made the decision prior to any recommendation from the other guy.

You keep getting dumber every freakin day.

LOL

Of course you do. Only it's not my assessment Trump has no credibility. According to the latest Quinnipiac poll, that's the belief held by most Americans...

"Would you say that Donald Trump is honest, or not?"

Would say: 33%

Would not say not: 61%

You know, all the way up until the middle of April, whenever Trump was asked about Comey, he always said that he had full faith in him and that he was a great guy.

Now? He's telling everyone that he had decided to fire Comey the day he was elected.

Which is it? Did he have full faith in Comey or was he going to fire him the first day?

LOL

Of course you do. Only it's not my assessment Trump has no credibility. According to the latest Quinnipiac poll, that's the belief held by most Americans...

Still falling for polls?

"Do you ever get the feeling that the only reason we have elections is to find out if the polls were right?" ~ Robert Orben 1927

Whatever ya'll need to invent to make yourselves feel better. Just don't blame us when this all turns against ya. You've already shown the entire world that the left wing is flooded with hypocrites, thus confirming their long held suspicions.

Checkmate.
Checkmate yourself, silly ass. The head of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina had this to say;

Senate Intelligence Chairman Burr: Comey a 'public servant of the highest order'

Sen. Richard Burr, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that he was "troubled" by the White House's surprise firing of FBI Director James Comey Tuesday evening.

The North Carolina Republican said Comey was a "public servant of the highest order."

"I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey's termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the committee. In my interactions with the director and with the bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our committee.

Director Comey has been more forthcoming with information than any FBI director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intelligence committees. His dismissal, I believe, is a loss for the bureau and the nation.

And how many different stories have we had out of the White House and the senile old orange clown since the firing of Comey. LOL

LOL

Still falling for polls?

"Do you ever get the feeling that the only reason we have elections is to find out if the polls were right?" ~ Robert Orben 1927
How sad. Your deflection does nothing to rebut the findings of that poll.

Forum List

Back