Yeah....Trump didn't fire comey.....this other guy did...

Know what I thought was the funniest part of the news yesterday? When Rex Tillerson was meeting with the Russian ambassador, and one reporter shouted out a question about Comey's firing, and then the Russian ambassador got this shocked look on his face, and said "you're kidding". Twice.

Then Tillerson dragged him off without answering the question.

LOL

Of course you do. Only it's not my assessment Trump has no credibility. According to the latest Quinnipiac poll, that's the belief held by most Americans...

"Would you say that Donald Trump is honest, or not?"

Would say: 33%

Would not say not: 61%

Still falling for polls?

"Do you ever get the feeling that the only reason we have elections is to find out if the polls were right?" ~ Robert Orben 1927
How sad. Your deflection does nothing to rebut the findings of that poll.

Really no one should trust polls given what they spit out RE the election.

If you wish to, that's your choice. It is not me deflecting at all to say I do not.

Whatever ya'll need to invent to make yourselves feel better. Just don't blame us when this all turns against ya. You've already shown the entire world that the left wing is flooded with hypocrites, thus confirming their long held suspicions.

Checkmate.
Checkmate yourself, silly ass. The head of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina had this to say;

Senate Intelligence Chairman Burr: Comey a 'public servant of the highest order'

Sen. Richard Burr, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that he was "troubled" by the White House's surprise firing of FBI Director James Comey Tuesday evening.

The North Carolina Republican said Comey was a "public servant of the highest order."

"I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey's termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the committee. In my interactions with the director and with the bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our committee.

Director Comey has been more forthcoming with information than any FBI director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intelligence committees. His dismissal, I believe, is a loss for the bureau and the nation.

And how many different stories have we had out of the White House and the senile old orange clown since the firing of Comey. LOL

We have had /one/ story from the WH - Trump has wanted to fire Comey since day one (see 5/9 news brief) Additional info came out today in a presser with President Trump - reaffirming that statement and noting that Comey wanted to stay on so he gave him a shot. I've also just linked a post noting that President Trump wasn't sure what to do about Comey when he took office. (From January - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/24/us/politics/trump-comey-fbi-director-.html)

If you have evidence to the contrary post it and I'll check it out.

You know, all the way up until the middle of April, whenever Trump was asked about Comey, he always said that he had full faith in him and that he was a great guy.

Now? He's telling everyone that he had decided to fire Comey the day he was elected.

Which is it? Did he have full faith in Comey or was he going to fire him the first day?

Disagreed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/24/us/politics/trump-comey-fbi-director-.html

We already know that Trump switches positions on a regular basis. Your link only shows what Trump is CURRENTLY feeling about Comey.

Here's a link that shows what Trump has said about Comey at various times during his campaign and presidency.

Here's all the times in the past when Trump talked about Comey

And..........if you're too lazy to click on the link, you can read the germane part here..........

OCTOBER 28, 2016 - The day Comey announced the FBI was investigating new Clinton emails

"The FBI - after discovering new emails, is re-opening their investigation into Hillary Clinton," Trump said at a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire. "I have great respect for the FBI for righting this wrong."

In the days prior to Comey's announcement that the FBI was investigating new emails found on a computer belong to Clinton aide Huma Abedin's husband Anthony Weiner's computer, Trump made repeated statements on Twitter and at rallies that the election was being rigged against him.

OCTOBER 31, 2016 - Trump holds a rally in Grand Rapids, MI

"You know that. It took a lot of guts. I really disagreed with him. I was not his fan," Trump said of Comey. "I tell you what, what he did, he brought back his reputation. He brought it back. He's got to hang tough. A lot of people want him to do the wrong thing. What he did was the right thing."

While speaking to supporters in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Trump again offered praise for the FBI and this time mentioned Comey by name. Trump said that Comey has effectively saved his reputation by re-investigating Clinton.

On November 6, Trump again criticized Comey at a rally after the then-FBI director again announced no charges would be brought against Clinton.

NOVEMBER 13, 2016 - Trump's '60 Minutes' interview with Lesley Stahl

"I respect him a lot. I respect the FBI a lot," Trump said.

During the interview, Stahl asked if Trump wanted Comey gone when he came into office, to which Trump replied that he wasn't sure. He said despite what he perceived as "leaks" coming from the FBI, he wanted to speak with Comey before answering that kind of question.

JANUARY 22, 2017 - Trump attends a law enforcement reception on his second full day as president

"He's become more famous than me," Trump said of Comey to a crowd at a reception.

Before making the comment, Trump called out to Comey, who was in the crowd. Comey approached Trump who shook his hand before embracing him in a hug.

FEBRUARY 24, 2017 - Trump slams the FBI on Twitter for failing to stop 'leaks'

"The FBI is totally unable to stop the national security 'leakers' that have permeated our government for a long time. They can't even find the leakers within the FBI itself. Classified information is being given to media that could have a devastating effect on U.S. FIND NOW," Trump wrote on Twitter.

One month after embracing Comey in Washington D.C., he angrily tweeted about the FBI being unable to stop leaks to the media. The tweets came after media reports claimed the White House had requested that the FBI refute claims that members of Trump's campaign had been in touch with Russia, according to Reuters. The FBI declined to refute the claims.

The following month, Comey debunked claims Trump made that former President Barack Obama had the then-Republican presidential candidate's phones tapped. As Trump lashed out on Twitter, Comey continued the investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

APRIL 12, 2017 - Trump's interview with Fox Business' Maria Bartiromo

"It's not too late [to ask Comey to step down], but, you know, I have confidence in him. We'll see what happens, you know, it's going to be interesting," Trump said.

During an interview less than a month before firing Comey, Trump reiterated his faith in the FBI director. He also told Bartiromo that Comey "saved Hillary Clinton" during the election, adding, "he saved her life."

MAY 2, 2017 - Trump tweets Comey was 'best thing' that ever happened to Clinton

"FBI Director Comey was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary Clinton in that he gave her a free pass for many bad deeds! The phony Trump/Russia story was an excuse used by the Democrats as justification for losing the election. Perhaps Trump just ran a great campaign?" Trump wrote in a tweet.

Between January and May, Trump reignited his feud with Comey, slamming the FBI and intelligence community in tweets for allegedly leaking information to the press about former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn.

MAY 9, 2017 - Trump dismisses Comey on the advice of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau," Trump wrote in Comey's dismissal letter.

The president ended his letter telling Comey, "I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors."

You know, all the way up until the middle of April, whenever Trump was asked about Comey, he always said that he had full faith in him and that he was a great guy.

Now? He's telling everyone that he had decided to fire Comey the day he was elected.

Which is it? Did he have full faith in Comey or was he going to fire him the first day?

Disagreed.

Thanks for posting that.

Nothing in their confirms anything you said.

You said Trump was considering firing Comey from when he first became president. The article does not state that.

You said it was Comey who asked Trump to keep him. The article says it was Trump who asked Comey to stay.

Whatever ya'll need to invent to make yourselves feel better. Just don't blame us when this all turns against ya. You've already shown the entire world that the left wing is flooded with hypocrites, thus confirming their long held suspicions.

Checkmate.
Checkmate yourself, silly ass. The head of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina had this to say;

Senate Intelligence Chairman Burr: Comey a 'public servant of the highest order'

Sen. Richard Burr, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that he was "troubled" by the White House's surprise firing of FBI Director James Comey Tuesday evening.

The North Carolina Republican said Comey was a "public servant of the highest order."

"I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey's termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the committee. In my interactions with the director and with the bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our committee.

Director Comey has been more forthcoming with information than any FBI director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intelligence committees. His dismissal, I believe, is a loss for the bureau and the nation.

And how many different stories have we had out of the White House and the senile old orange clown since the firing of Comey. LOL

We have had /one/ story from the WH - Trump has wanted to fire Comey since day one (see 5/9 news brief) Additional info came out today in a presser with President Trump - reaffirming that statement and noting that Comey wanted to stay on so he gave him a shot. I've also just linked a post noting that President Trump wasn't sure what to do about Comey when he took office. (From January - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/24/us/politics/trump-comey-fbi-director-.html)

You just posted contradictory evidence in that NY Times article.

Lets go a step further and read what James Comey has to say hmm?

“I have long believed that a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or no reason at all,” Comey wrote. “I’m not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed. I hope you won’t either,” he urged. “I have said to you before that, in times of turbulence, the American people should see the FBI as a rock of competence, honesty, and independence,” Comey continued. “What makes leaving the FBI hard is the nature and quality of its people, who together make it that rock for America.”

James Comey Reacts to Being Fired in Farewell Letter
Yes, of course that is true. And we, the citizens of this nation, have the right to question the motives of a President that continually lies, and cannot not even tell the same story from day to day. If he was in collusion with the Russians during the election, then the senile old orange clown has to be removed.

Disagreed.

We already know that Trump switches positions on a regular basis. Your link only shows what Trump is CURRENTLY feeling about Comey.

Here's a link that shows what Trump has said about Comey at various times during his campaign and presidency.

And..........if you're too lazy to click on the link, you can read the germane part here..........

OCTOBER 28, 2016 - The day Comey announced the FBI was investigating new Clinton emails

"The FBI - after discovering new emails, is re-opening their investigation into Hillary Clinton," Trump said at a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire. "I have great respect for the FBI for righting this wrong."

In the days prior to Comey's announcement that the FBI was investigating new emails found on a computer belong to Clinton aide Huma Abedin's husband Anthony Weiner's computer, Trump made repeated statements on Twitter and at rallies that the election was being rigged against him.

"You know that. It took a lot of guts. I really disagreed with him. I was not his fan," Trump said of Comey. "I tell you what, what he did, he brought back his reputation. He brought it back. He's got to hang tough. A lot of people want him to do the wrong thing. What he did was the right thing."

While speaking to supporters in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Trump again offered praise for the FBI and this time mentioned Comey by name. Trump said that Comey has effectively saved his reputation by re-investigating Clinton.

On November 6, Trump again criticized Comey at a rally after the then-FBI director again announced no charges would be brought against Clinton.

During the interview, Stahl asked if Trump wanted Comey gone when he came into office, to which Trump replied that he wasn't sure. He said despite what he perceived as "leaks" coming from the FBI, he wanted to speak with Comey before answering that kind of question.

JANUARY 22, 2017 - Trump attends a law enforcement reception on his second full day as president

"He's become more famous than me," Trump said of Comey to a crowd at a reception.

Before making the comment, Trump called out to Comey, who was in the crowd. Comey approached Trump who shook his hand before embracing him in a hug.

"The FBI is totally unable to stop the national security 'leakers' that have permeated our government for a long time. They can't even find the leakers within the FBI itself. Classified information is being given to media that could have a devastating effect on U.S. FIND NOW," Trump wrote on Twitter.

One month after embracing Comey in Washington D.C., he angrily tweeted about the FBI being unable to stop leaks to the media. The tweets came after media reports claimed the White House had requested that the FBI refute claims that members of Trump's campaign had been in touch with Russia, according to Reuters. The FBI declined to refute the claims.

The following month, Comey debunked claims Trump made that former President Barack Obama had the then-Republican presidential candidate's phones tapped. As Trump lashed out on Twitter, Comey continued the investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

"It's not too late [to ask Comey to step down], but, you know, I have confidence in him. We'll see what happens, you know, it's going to be interesting," Trump said.

During an interview less than a month before firing Comey, Trump reiterated his faith in the FBI director. He also told Bartiromo that Comey "saved Hillary Clinton" during the election, adding, "he saved her life."

"FBI Director Comey was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary Clinton in that he gave her a free pass for many bad deeds! The phony Trump/Russia story was an excuse used by the Democrats as justification for losing the election. Perhaps Trump just ran a great campaign?" Trump wrote in a tweet.

Between January and May, Trump reignited his feud with Comey, slamming the FBI and intelligence community in tweets for allegedly leaking information to the press about former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn.

MAY 9, 2017 - Trump dismisses Comey on the advice of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau," Trump wrote in Comey's dismissal letter.

The president ended his letter telling Comey, "I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors."

You'd be deluding yourself to think the above "evidence" is "abnormal."

Trump voices his opinions based on Comey's actions at the time - just like everyone else on the planet. So?

Disagreed.

You'd be deluding yourself to think the above "evidence" is "abnormal."

Trump voices his opinions based on Comey's actions at the time - just like everyone else on the planet. So?

Never said anything about "normal" or "abnormal". I simply stated that Trump has expressed support and confidence about Comey during his time, but now is saying that he was going to fire Comey from day 1.

I simply posted a link showing where Trump has been quoted as saying he had full confidence in Comey.

Where? Unless you're playing stupid games with my para-phrasing, but that would be exceptionally petty of you wouldn't it?

WH stated President Trump has been wanting to/looking into firing Comey from the beginning. - see presser 5/10
Article from January 2017 - says "After Mr. Trump was elected in November, he said in a nationally televised interview that he had not made up his mind about weather he would ask Mr. Comey to resign."

You know, there might be a simple reason why Trump fired Comey.

It's his ego.

Just a couple of days ago, during a presser, Trump said that Comey had become more famous than him.

Maybe that's why he fired him. Trump doesn't want anyone to outshine him.

Well he didn't quite say "it had nothing to do with the recommendations" as you stated, but I guess I'm not surprised - really no one should be surprised. Comey politicized the FBI no matter how you shake it.

Well, yes, he did. Watch the video starting at 2:34. Trump said he was going to fire Comey regardless of the recommendation.

Well I just found this and it looks like we've all been duped by the MSM bobbleheads, again. I'm just going to stop fucking listening to those assholes lol

The official statement from the white house @2:20ish actually confirms everything that President Trump stated - that he was intending to fire Comey from the day he was elected.

PS I'm still digging around, will update if I find anything else from the WH.

LOL Huckabee, eh? Spicer still hiding in the bushes? Or could the fellow finally not lie for the senile old orange clown.

[LOL Huckabee, eh? Spicer still hiding in the bushes? Or could the fellow finally not lie for the senile old orange clown.

idk something about Spicer was busy is on reserve duty this week ~shrug~

There's a rumor running around today that Spicer's gonna get canned.

Last edited:

Well he didn't quite say "it had nothing to do with the recommendations" as you stated, but I guess I'm not surprised - really no one should be surprised. Comey politicized the FBI no matter how you shake it.

Well, yes, he did. Watch the video starting at 2:34. Trump said he was going to fire Comey regardless of the recommendation.

Well I just found this and it looks like we've all been duped by the MSM bobbleheads, again. I'm just going to stop fucking listening to those assholes lol

The official statement from the white house @2:20ish actually confirms everything that President Trump stated - that he was intending to fire Comey from the day he was elected.

LOL Huckabee, eh? Spicer still hiding in the bushes? Or could the fellow finally not lie for the senile old orange clown.

You know, after watching the way Huckabee has been handling the press, and comparing it with the way that Spicer did, I'm thinking that Spicer is gonna be the next on the chopping block.

You know, after watching the way Huckabee has been handling the press, and comparing it with the way that Spicer did, I'm thinking that Spicer is gonna be the next on the chopping block.

heh see post 94 - MTA perhaps :p

Nobody can stand up to continuously defending Trump's lies. They just wear out and die after a while.

Nobody can stand up to continuously defending Trump's lies. They just wear out and die after a while.

You sound like a partisan hack, JS

Where? Unless you're playing stupid games with my para-phrasing, but that would be exceptionally petty of you wouldn't it?

WH stated President Trump has been wanting to/looking into firing Comey from the beginning. - see presser 5/10
Article from January 2017 - says "After Mr. Trump was elected in November, he said in a nationally televised interview that he had not made up his mind about weather he would ask Mr. Comey to resign."
That's quite a stretch from "not making up his mind" to "wanting to fire him from the beginning." Especially after you posted a link to an article which stated Trump wanted Comey from the beginning.

Forum List

Back