Yes, by all means, let’s talk about income inequality

Has anyone defined the problem yet?

There was a reference to the Waltons. I would maintain that if the Waltons hadn't earned the wealth they have, there would be more people in society with less.

That is the point you are obviously missing. We are working for it, just as hard as ever...we aren't getting PAID for it.

13greenhousech-popup-v4.png

I didn't miss the point. I worked smarter and not harder. Got myself qualified for a higher paying job and guess what? I got it. Too many people aren't willing to improve themselves and still believe they are owed something.

Your corporate masters have trained you well.

To what? Make a comfortable living? Sorry, I grew up poor. Had a one holer outhouse until I was 18. Paid for my own education. Worked 2 jobs. Paid my own way to get qualified for higher paying jobs. I owe no one an apology. Your welfare masters have trained you well.

for our resident libtardians--------where is it written that incomes should be "equal"? where is income equalization in the constitution as a government duty?

You know, the constitution isn't a religion...it's a document of governance and is subject to change, like it has repeatedly over the years. Sometimes you guys fall back on "it's not in the constitution!!!" a little too often.

And it's not about what's in the constitution, it's what's good for the people in the country. Is it good that wages have been stagnate for the past 30 years? probably not. Is it good that the Waltons have more wealth then the bottom 40% of the country? probably not.

They're problems, problems we can solve...why shouldn't we solve them? It's the same as changing tax rates to solve problems or cutting programs to solve problems...it's all the same.

It disturbs me that you think "That isn't legal!" can be said too often, and it tells me enough about you to utterly invalidate anything you said after that.

Your existence = No. Just no.

Income inequality!?!?!? It's like screaming that everyone who is against Barry and his criminal cronies are RACIST. Or those who do not blindly support same sex marriage is a homophobe. Boil everything that is opposite to what you want down to its basics, label it with a 'disease', marginalize it and dehumanize it. Those who oppose you are then 'shown' to be actually supporting a personality disorder or are greedy. It's about control. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't know how any clearer it needs to be. In a free enterprise system, there are going to be winners and losers. The goal is to give everyone an equal START. You cannot guarantee the outcome unless you do away with the entire system. Some will achieve more and some will achieve less. Some, who do absolutely NOTHING, will have NOTHING. For those who do NOTHING, am I then required to provide for them? I've always said, this country gives you the opportunity to stand on the corner with your buddies and do nothing all day. But when you then don't have any place to live or you're hungry because you didn't find a job, you get EXACTLY what you deserve.

Now, the left wants to PUNISH those who have achieved. They scream that there are 1% of the country that is controlling 40% of the wealth. Hey, I have a little information for you. Even though I am fast approaching 65 years old, I still WANT to be part of that 1% and doing things to hopefully get me there. I'm supposed to feel bad that even in this incredibly stupid and fragile economy, I'm making money? Uh, I'll get right on that as soon as I sell some stock I bought that has climbed 105% over what I bought it at. And before you try and tell me how wonderful it is that Barry's economy is propelling stock upwards like that, I will tell you that it is an oil field infrastructure stock that has prospered DESPITE Barry trying everything to stop it.

I don't understand what it is like to be so GREEDY that you just hate it when others succeed. What is it about people who say, "Hey, you've done too well. Now we're going to take from you and give it to those who don't do squat." Talk about personality disorders.

Has anyone defined the problem yet?

There was a reference to the Waltons. I would maintain that if the Waltons hadn't earned the wealth they have, there would be more people in society with less.

this thread is another example of liberal jealousy. liberals hate successful people---unless they are fellow liberals like Oprah, then they become wonderful rich people.

liberals are the ultimate hypocrites.

and, for the record, the gap between rich and poor has gotten larger under the progressive agenda of the kenyan messiah.

Income inequality!?!?!? It's like screaming that everyone who is against Barry and his criminal cronies are RACIST. Or those who do not blindly support same sex marriage is a homophobe. Boil everything that is opposite to what you want down to its basics, label it with a 'disease', marginalize it and dehumanize it. Those who oppose you are then 'shown' to be actually supporting a personality disorder or are greedy. It's about control. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't know how any clearer it needs to be. In a free enterprise system, there are going to be winners and losers. The goal is to give everyone an equal START. You cannot guarantee the outcome unless you do away with the entire system. Some will achieve more and some will achieve less. Some, who do absolutely NOTHING, will have NOTHING. For those who do NOTHING, am I then required to provide for them? I've always said, this country gives you the opportunity to stand on the corner with your buddies and do nothing all day. But when you then don't have any place to live or you're hungry because you didn't find a job, you get EXACTLY what you deserve.

Now, the left wants to PUNISH those who have achieved. They scream that there are 1% of the country that is controlling 40% of the wealth. Hey, I have a little information for you. Even though I am fast approaching 65 years old, I still WANT to be part of that 1% and doing things to hopefully get me there. I'm supposed to feel bad that even in this incredibly stupid and fragile economy, I'm making money? Uh, I'll get right on that as soon as I sell some stock I bought that has climbed 105% over what I bought it at. And before you try and tell me how wonderful it is that Barry's economy is propelling stock upwards like that, I will tell you that it is an oil field infrastructure stock that has prospered DESPITE Barry trying everything to stop it.

I don't understand what it is like to be so GREEDY that you just hate it when others succeed. What is it about people who say, "Hey, you've done too well. Now we're going to take from you and give it to those who don't do squat." Talk about personality disorders.

:clap2::clap2: well said

for our resident libtardians--------where is it written that incomes should be "equal"? where is income equalization in the constitution as a government duty?

You know, the constitution isn't a religion...it's a document of governance and is subject to change, like it has repeatedly over the years. Sometimes you guys fall back on "it's not in the constitution!!!" a little too often.

And it's not about what's in the constitution, it's what's good for the people in the country. Is it good that wages have been stagnate for the past 30 years? probably not. Is it good that the Waltons have more wealth then the bottom 40% of the country? probably not.

They're problems, problems we can solve...why shouldn't we solve them? It's the same as changing tax rates to solve problems or cutting programs to solve problems...it's all the same.

Who has most of the wealth in Canada, UK, Sweden, France, Greece, India, Saudi Arabia, China, Japan, China, Mexico, Argentina???? A select few, Elite.

So you can't answer the question. Thanks for clearing that up.
I answered the purpose for the talking points.

It is not My fault you are unable to grasp that the issue is one made up by progressives to achieve their agenda. There is no issue with income inequality other than someone has more than you (this is the figurative you, though it may pertain to you personally). The income inequality simply is not a problem. The progressives making statements that it is hardly qualifies as truth.

If person X becomes rich, I do not lose a single thing because of it. Neither do you.

So, this is why I say to you, learn to comprehend what you are reading. You can disagree, but until you specifically spell out why someone having more wealth than you do harms you personally, you are pursuing an agenda to empower government to the detriment of the citizen.

The more people that choose not to work, not to advance in their employment, not to get any skills or not to get an education will naturally fall behind while others advance. We have the lowest labor participation rate than at any time since the depression. Of course there is going to be a huge inequality of income.

I don't consider it a problem. I don't owe you an income unless you work for it. I owe you an education. Take advantage of it , get a job and quit your whining.

The problem is that lots of people are working, but the fat cats pay them bupkes, while enjoying huge profits from what essentially is slave labor.

Everyone doesn't have an equal start.

A corporate executive, born from a rich family that could send him an expensive college, who knows how to kiss ass gets a $25 million a year salary, but a high school graduate, born from a working class family, has to take a job paying $10 an hour to help support his disabled mother after her husband died of a heart attack.

How is that an equal start?

Hey, and if you are 65, and aren't part of the 1%, I got news for you...you never will be part of it.

Man, you are full of shit.

I don't consider it a problem. I don't owe you an income unless you work for it. I owe you an education. Take advantage of it , get a job and quit your whining.

The problem is that lots of people are working, but the fat cats pay them bupkes, while enjoying huge profits from what essentially is slave labor.

who is forcing them to work for "slave labor" ?

is a 5% profit a "huge" profit? Do you have any idea what % profit walmart makes? or a grocery store? or an oil company?

yeah, walmart and exxon make billions, but they spend hundreds of billions to make it.

Everyone doesn't have an equal start.

A corporate executive, born from a rich family that could send him an expensive college, who knows how to kiss ass gets a $25 million a year salary, but a high school graduate, born from a working class family, has to take a job paying $10 an hour to help support his disabled mother after her husband died of a heart attack.

How is that an equal start?

Hey, and if you are 65, and aren't part of the 1%, I got news for you...you never will be part of it.

Man, you are full of shit.

the world ain't fair, face reality and grow the fuck up. Make the most of what God has given you and lose the envy of others. The govt is not your momma.

Before you can fix a problem, you have to recognize that there is one. The RW can't seem to recognize that there is an income inequality problem or they just don't see all the wealth concentrated at the top as being a problem.

I have a feeling they will come to regret that position.

Well, if you want us to "recognize that there's a problem", why don't you try PROVING that there's a problem, rather than just shouting it over and over and expecting us to take your word for it? This might shock you, but many people do not respect you - in fact, view you with contempt and disdain - and therefore find the fact that you're blankly asserting something to be worthless.

"We're right, and you're mean, and we're going to tell everyone to hate you!" is a bit too reminiscent of kindergarten to carry much weight with me. Sorry.

And to the left, that is the horrid sin of capitalism. People who have busted their asses to build a business should be put to death for being allowed to determine what is a fair compensation. In the military my job was first to accomplish the mission. Second was the welfare of my men. In business it was to make a profit and then to fairly compensate my employees. If I didn't make a profit everyone lost their jobs. My employees appreciated that.

And to the left, that is the horrid sin of capitalism. People who have busted their asses to build a business should be put to death for being allowed to determine what is a fair compensation. In the military my job was first to accomplish the mission. Second was the welfare of my men. In business it was to make a profit and then to fairly compensate my employees. If I didn't make a profit everyone lost their jobs. My employees appreciated that.

liberals are unable to comprehend that simple reality. their entire existence is all about feeeeeeeeeeeelings and emoooooooooootion.

Everything is a "crisis" in ObamaNation

the poor dear has so much to shoulder...income Inequality...

what a joke coming from someone who is a 1%er..If he was serious, he would do his job for FREEEEEEEEEEE

Horrible man and Divider of the people in this country

It is truly that simple. Could that be why liberals don't get it? :cuckoo: Even if they decide to freeload off the backs of the workers, one would still think they would be in favor or capitalism and profits. Those people who have never been self-employed and had to meet a payroll, will never get it....they don't want to. There would be no venue for their voices...

Before you can fix a problem, you have to recognize that there is one. The RW can't seem to recognize that there is an income inequality problem or they just don't see all the wealth concentrated at the top as being a problem.

In the case of the progressives, to achieve an agenda, a problem must be created first, then the only solution is the one offered by progressives is acceptable.

This is what is happening in this country.

Oh? How did "progressives" create the income inequality?

Socialism always causes income inequality.
Capitalism always brings more people out of poverty.

In the case of the progressives, to achieve an agenda, a problem must be created first, then the only solution is the one offered by progressives is acceptable.

This is what is happening in this country.

Oh? How did "progressives" create the income inequality?

They didn't create the inequality. They created the curious notion that it was somehow unnatural and evil and needed to be fixed by them.

Forum List

Back