Yes, Defund Obamacare

When you say ObamaCare costs too much, most people are going to presume someone else is going to pay for it. Not them. So it does not bother them. At all.

We have $16 trillion of debt. Americans are used to "that guy over there" or their unborn great-grandchildren paying for everything.

The GOP is going to have to come up with a lot better than "it costs too much".

A lot better.

Time to take out the trash. Get the mad dogs away from the microphone and start talking sanely about real solutions to our real problems.

as soon as we take over the Senate...

Too bad the GOP didn't do anything about rising health care costs when they controlled both Houses of Congress and the White House, eh? I guess they were too busy doubling the national debt and deregulating Wall Street to be thinking about ways to save money for Americans.

Now the best idea they can come up with is to stop funding a program which was legally approved by Congress and signed by the President.

A supermajority of Americans are opposed to repealing ObamaCare, but the GOP doesn't care. So much for the will of the people.

You know why only a third of Americans want to repeal ObamaCare? Because the GOP can't come up with a superior alternative. How pathetic is that? Defunding ObamaCare is the only plan they have, which means they are not very bright. Defund ObamaCare...and then what? That's where the GOP falls on its face. Everyone can see it coming but them. Again, not very bright.

So go right ahead and go against two thirds of America. See how that works out for ya.

Right, isn't that the same program your dear leader signed and now wants to selectively implement contrary to the law. If you didn't have so much hypocrisy you would surely have have very little.

United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll Topline Results July 22, 2013 - NationalJournal.com

2v7tc37.jpg

Only 36 percent favor repeal.

27 percent favor putting MORE money into it.

Last edited:
what we had before was better than Obamacare....although it wasn't perfect....

I agree. However, rising healthcare costs weren't just imperfect. They were downright destructive to millions of people. So the GOP better come up with something a hell of a lot better than nothing.

there are solutions to problems that don't entail taking over one sixth of the economy...

And those solutions would be...?

This is where the GOP stares dumbly into space and falls on its face and froths from the mouth about Michelle Obama's ski trip.

Last edited:
Too bad the GOP didn't do anything about rising health care costs when they controlled both Houses of Congress and the White House, eh? I guess they were too busy doubling the national debt and deregulating Wall Street to be thinking about ways to save money for Americans.

Now the best idea they can come up with is to stop funding a program which was legally approved by Congress and signed by the President.

A supermajority of Americans are opposed to repealing ObamaCare, but the GOP doesn't care. So much for the will of the people.

You know why only a third of Americans want to repeal ObamaCare? Because the GOP can't come up with a superior alternative. How pathetic is that? Defunding ObamaCare is the only plan they have, which means they are not very bright. Defund ObamaCare...and then what? That's where the GOP falls on its face. Everyone can see it coming but them. Again, not very bright.

So go right ahead and go against two thirds of America. See how that works out for ya.

Right, isn't that the same program your dear leader signed and now wants to selectively implement contrary to the law. If you didn't have so much hypocrisy you would surely have have very little.

Despite everything I have posted in opposition to ObamaCare you still suffer from profound comprehension failure and think I support Obama and ObamaCare.

Amazing!

When you say ObamaCare costs too much, most people are going to presume someone else is going to pay for it. Not them. So it does not bother them. At all.

We have $16 trillion of debt. Americans are used to "that guy over there" or their unborn great-grandchildren paying for everything.

The GOP is going to have to come up with a lot better than "it costs too much".

A lot better.

Time to take out the trash. Get the mad dogs away from the microphone and start talking sanely about real solutions to our real problems.

as soon as we take over the Senate...

Talk about putting the cart before the horse!

Obama care will implode on it self, Kids and the folks that are healthy that dont have insurance wont buy it. no need to defund it.

Wishful thinking is no way to go through life.

lo,l you going to tell me some 27 ~ 40 year old is going to fork over an extra $100 ~ $300 bucks a month?

A 27 to 40 year old is going to receive a federal subsidy to help pay for his insurance. As long as he earns less than 400 FPL, he'll be just fine. In fact, his out of pocket costs will probably go down.

For a family of four, 400 FPL is about $94,00. So if a family of four earns less than that, they will receive an insurance subsidy. If a single 27 year old earns less than $45,000, he will get a subsidy.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking is no way to go through life.

lo,l you going to tell me some 27 ~ 40 year old is going to fork over an extra $100 ~ $300 bucks a month?

A 27 to 40 year old is going to receive a federal subsidy to help pay for his insurance. As long as he earns less than 400 FPL, he'll be just fine. In fact, his out of pocket costs will probably go down.

For a family of four, 400 FPL is about $94,00. So if a family of four earns less than that, they will receive an insurance subsidy. If a single 27 year old earns less than $45,000, he will get a subsidy.

Why waste your time? These people don't understand and don't want to understand. They just want to yell and complain.

You're wasting your breath trying to have a rational discussion with people who aren't rational.

Despite everything I have posted in opposition to ObamaCare you still suffer from profound comprehension failure and think I support Obama and ObamaCare.

Amazing!

Then you should be aware that no congress can be bound by the actions of previous congresses. If this one wants to not fund a program they have every right to do so and if this president can't implement it properly then I would say they are justified.

Why waste your time? These people don't understand and don't want to understand. They just want to yell and complain.

You're wasting your breath trying to have a rational discussion with people who aren't rational.

I would like to see ObamaCare tossed onto the dustbin of history. I am frustrated by the right wing's stupid tactics which will only result in ObamaCare becoming more firmly embedded.

I have challenged right winger's to tell me what solutions they offer to rising healthcare costs umpteen times on this forum, and have almost never heard one. Here we are, several pages into this topic, and we still have not heard any alternative other than "nothing". Or "what we had before ObamaCare" which is nothing.

Doing nothing in the face of rising costs is not a solution.

The polls clearly indicate the American people prefer ObamaCare over the GOP's nothing solution. And the GOP is missing that message, and its behavior is going to cause ObamaCare to become the law of the land forevermore.

The GOP is too retarded to realize it is to blame for that. It's inaction when it held ALL the power is to blame. It's continued foaming at the mouth over petty bullshit while our real problems run out of control is to blame.

It takes a real superhuman effort to be more incompetent than Democrats, but somehow the GOP has managed to pull it off.

The Sequester, not the Gingrich shutdown, is the model we should be looking at.

:lol:

The sequester had a means to pay our debts baked in.

A government shutdown does not. A government shutdown means a default on our debt payments.

So let's see how that works out for the GOP.

Last edited:

I would like to see ObamaCare tossed onto the dustbin of history. I am frustrated by the right wing's stupid tactics which will only result in ObamaCare becoming more firmly embedded.

I have challenged right winger's to tell me what solutions they offer to rising healthcare costs umpteen times on this forum, and have almost never heard one. Here we are, several pages into this topic, and we still have not heard any alternative other than "nothing". Or "what we had before ObamaCare" which is nothing.

Doing nothing in the face of rising costs is not a solution.

The polls clearly indicate the American people prefer ObamaCare over the GOP's nothing solution. And the GOP is missing that message, and its behavior is going to cause ObamaCare to become the law of the land forevermore.

The GOP is too retarded to realize it is to blame for that. It's inaction when it held ALL the power is to blame. It's continued foaming at the mouth over petty bullshit while our real problems run out of control is to blame.

It takes a real superhuman effort to be more incompetent than Democrats, but somehow the GOP has managed to pull it off.

You're preaching to the choir. I just wish more of the brainiacs on this site would actually listen and think through the shit they say.

It is well known the GOP House has voted 40 times to repeal. This latest threat is just more of the same pattern. It smacks of sore-loserdom.

Why is it you folks seem to forget that maobama signed 7 of those bills into law that repealed or defunded parts of maobamacare.

It is well known the GOP House has voted 40 times to repeal. This latest threat is just more of the same pattern. It smacks of sore-loserdom.

Why is it you folks seem to forget that maobama signed 7 of those bills into law that repealed or defunded parts of maobamacare.

He has not repealed or defunded. He has granted temporary extensions and waivers. Don't try to make the GOP's childish tactics to be on the same field as that.

Nevertheless, I have pointed out several times right here on this forum that Obama was lying, and knew he was lying, when he said he would not sign a bill that added one dime to the federal debt. And I even took the trouble one time to document exactly how many dimes he added to the federal debt with his waivers and extensions.

ObamaCare is going to bankrupt the US government and the states. That is why the GOP needs to have a laser focus on this issue, and it doesn't. It is behaving like a petulant child instead. Offering no solutions, and trying to distract from that fact by making a shit ton of noise on a lot of really stupid issues. We are daily bombarded with non-stop whining and bitching over really dumb stuff from the Right. This is a massive smokescreen attempting to hide the GOP's intellectual bankruptcy.

The American people want and need smart answers, not stupid whining.

Last edited:

right.....TWO THIRDS of Americans appear to be 'sore losers'....since they want to defund the monstrosity...

the young and healthy aren't as incompetent as liberals assume they are when it comes to buying health-care thru the exchanges. why would anyone who takes care of themselves and very healthy want to purchase health insurance for 200-300 a month? then again, aren't most of them in debt?

Where were you when George Bush single-handedly undertook the greatest expansion of Medicare in the program's history? Why is it that you don't know the cost of Medicare part D?

Your news sources don't even inform you about what your party is spending. You are now merely an attack dog for the Republican Party, which is purely a creature of Washington in all its centralized power. I think you can do better. We need you to do better. We need you to break free of your current information sources so that you become a better critic of both parties. Reagan spent three times what Carter spent. He left the nation terribly in debt. We didn't here a fucking peep from your side. Then Bush spent twice as much is Clinton. Again we heard nothing. We need you to be better informed.

YOU are so dumb about Medicare!
I am on Medicare and THANKS to Bush less is deducted from my Social Security THANKS to Part C which was set up under Bush's Medicare Modernization Act of 2003 which ignorantly people like you also REDUCED from nearly 400 different contractors that handle Medicare to less then 20 now!
Prior to MMA Medicare which DOES NOT process one single Claim had contracts with nearly 400 different claim processing organizations!
With Bush's MMA that has been reduced to 20 that pay every single claim again with out Medicare involved.
And in MY Case I have Medicare Advantage. A for profit company manages my Medicare based on Medicare paying
my Advantage plan $800/month. Out of which Medicare doesn't take from my SS $96.40/month because that's what my Advantage plan negotiated! In addition I have NO Co-pays when I see my doctor. Plus every month I get up
to $50 in OTC supplies.
NONE of that is offered by Medicare fee for services and NONE of which would have been possible before Bush's MMA of 2003!
Oh and by the way MY Advantage plan pays FEDERAL InCOME TAXES!!!
How many non-profits pay taxes?
All of this under Bush's MMA plan.
Thanks to that plan you ignorant people have NO idea what Medicare costs would have been!
For example... Medicare writes ONE check to my advantage plan!
NO FRAUD found by Medicare in these Advantage plans cause they don't care! Medicare KNOWS the ONLY cost
is the $800 per month for me! Up to the Advantage plan to pay all the bills and make a profit which they DO!

But you totally ignorant have NO idea how Part C which was part of MMA as was Part D cut Medicare costs!!!

The competitive forces built into Part D have kept costs down.
At an average of just $38 a month, premiums are 27 percent below where the government expected them to be. They’ve been essentially flat since 2009, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Low premium costs, in turn, mean less taxpayer money for subsidies.
In fact, Part D costs are 40 percent below where the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) initially predicted.
Over the past six years, the CBO has lowered its long-term cost projections for Part D by hundreds of billions of dollars.
Why Are The Democrats Attacking The Only Successful Part Of Medicare - Forbes

SO again dumb f...k the costs have gone DOWN from what originally were projected!

Where then did you get your dumb f...king stupid statement about "Bush single-handedly undertook the greatest expansion of Medicare in the program's history? Why is it that you don't know the cost of Medicare part D? "
WHAT obviously do you NOT know about the Cost of Part D???
Geez... you dummies are simple refute simply because YOU never substantiate your wild hysterical hyperbolic comments!!!

Forum List

Back