Yes, Defund Obamacare

Put a superior solution on the table. Tell the American people what the GOP will do if you put the GOP in charge. They aren't going to put you in charge when you haven't offered any answers, and all you do all day is bash homosexuals, blacks, immigrants, and Muslims, and call everybody a bunch of leeches.

Be specific, and hit the pavement getting the message out. Pick three issues to focus on. That's what Reagan did. Make one of those issues health care. Tell the American people what the GOP will do to fix runaway costs. Be very specific. Put a real plan on the table, not slogans.

I find it the height of irony that one of the barbs the Right likes to use against ObamaCare is that no one knows what's in it. Oh yeah? Americans know a lot more about ObamaCare than they do about GOPCare. In fact, the predominant meme about GOPCare right now is "let them die". That leech message the Right broadcasts feeds right into "let them die". That's why it persists.

Better get to work on that. Immediately.

But...they won't.

Last edited:
The Sequester, not the Gingrich shutdown, is the model we should be looking at.

:lol:

The sequester had a means to pay our debts baked in.

A government shutdown does not. A government shutdown means a default on our debt payments.

So let's see how that works out for the GOP.

it worked out before...

(depite all the propaganda that it didn't...)

the young and healthy aren't as incompetent as liberals assume they are when it comes to buying health-care thru the exchanges. why would anyone who takes care of themselves and very healthy want to purchase health insurance for 200-300 a month? then again, aren't most of them in debt?

that 200-300 per month is their car payment......many will be veeeeeeery angry.....:cool:

(not to mention the car salesmen...)

Last edited:
The Sequester, not the Gingrich shutdown, is the model we should be looking at.

A government shutdown does not. A government shutdown means a default on our debt payments.

it worked out before...

Polls showed Americans blamed the GOP for the shutdown. The GOP lost seats in the next election, and Clinton was re-elected. The Gingrich revolution ground to a halt.

Yeah. Worked out real well.

the young and healthy aren't as incompetent as liberals assume they are when it comes to buying health-care thru the exchanges. why would anyone who takes care of themselves and very healthy want to purchase health insurance for 200-300 a month? then again, aren't most of them in debt?

that 200-300 per month is their car payment......many will be veeeeeeery angry.....:cool:

(not to mention a slump in car sales...)

Again, wishful thinking. Most Americans who use the exchanges will get a federal subsidy.

I agree. Obamacare is gonna bankrupt the country. A Good post.

The Reps need to get fingers out of asses and come up with a plan.

Apparantly they are being briefed on this one now.

The Best Alternative to Obamacare - Clark S. Judge (usnews.com)

It remains to be seen if anyting comes of these briefings.

Excellent link. Thank you. It proposes variations of three ideas I have propounded on this forum myself. In addition, I believe we must raise the Medicare and Social Security eligibility ages to 70, at least. We are living longer than our ancestors, it makes no sense we are retiring the same age they did.

Very, very good ideas in that link. I have frequently said employer-sponsored health insurance is one of the biggest factors driving up the cost of healthcare. It needs to go away.

The GOP needs to get busy. Form a unified front and start getting out positive messages and solutions. Take the whiners to the curb for pickup to the dump.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking is no way to go through life.

lo,l you going to tell me some 27 ~ 40 year old is going to fork over an extra $100 ~ $300 bucks a month?

A 27 to 40 year old is going to receive a federal subsidy to help pay for his insurance. As long as he earns less than 400 FPL, he'll be just fine. In fact, his out of pocket costs will probably go down.

For a family of four, 400 FPL is about $94,00. So if a family of four earns less than that, they will receive an insurance subsidy. If a single 27 year old earns less than $45,000, he will get a subsidy.

out of pocket costs go down????? right now they are paying Zero. I wont get on my employeers plan untill the fine costs me more a year then the health care plan.

I agree. Obamacare is gonna bankrupt the country. A Good post.

The Reps need to get fingers out of asses and come up with a plan.

Apparantly they are being briefed on this one now.

The Best Alternative to Obamacare - Clark S. Judge (usnews.com)

It remains to be seen if anyting comes of these briefings.

Excellent link. Thank you. It proposes variations of three ideas I have propounded on this forum myself. In addition, I believe we must raise the Medicare and Social Security eligibility ages to 70, at least. We are living longer than our ancestors, it makes no sense we are retiring the same age they did.

Very, very good ideas in that link. I have frequently said employer-sponsored health insurance is one of the biggest factors driving up the cost of healthcare. It needs to go away.

The GOP needs to get busy. Form a unified front and start getting out positive messages and solutions. Take the whiners to the curb for pickup to the dump.

Bingo.

Last edited:

it worked out before...

Polls showed Americans blamed the GOP for the shutdown. The GOP lost seats in the next election, and Clinton was re-elected. The Gingrich revolution ground to a halt.

Yeah. Worked out real well.

it didn't grind to a halt at all...(just the liberal media ground to a halt...they couldn't report anymore.....except except poison pieces about Gingrich....:rolleyes:)

they still retained the House......only losing seats in the single-digits...

Gingrich cuts through the revisionist fog.....
the ultimate result [of the '95 shutdown] was the first four consecutive balanced budgets since the 1920s, paying off more than $450 billion in federal debt. We also overhauled welfare -- the most successful and popular entitlement reform of our lifetime -- strengthened Medicare and enacted the first tax cut in 16 years. It was this tax cut that boosted economic growth and allowed us to balance the budget four years earlier than projected. During my years as speaker, more than 8.4 million new jobs were created, reducing the national unemployment rate from 5.6 percent to 4.3 percent.

Read more: Articles: Yes, Defund Obamacare
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

A 27 to 40 year old is going to receive a federal subsidy to help pay for his insurance. As long as he earns less than 400 FPL, he'll be just fine. In fact, his out of pocket costs will probably go down.

For a family of four, 400 FPL is about $94,00. So if a family of four earns less than that, they will receive an insurance subsidy. If a single 27 year old earns less than $45,000, he will get a subsidy.

Why waste your time? These people don't understand and don't want to understand. They just want to yell and complain.

You're wasting your breath trying to have a rational discussion with people who aren't rational.

I would like to see ObamaCare tossed onto the dustbin of history. I am frustrated by the right wing's stupid tactics which will only result in ObamaCare becoming more firmly embedded.

I have challenged right winger's to tell me what solutions they offer to rising healthcare costs umpteen times on this forum, and have almost never heard one. Here we are, several pages into this topic, and we still have not heard any alternative other than "nothing". Or "what we had before ObamaCare" which is nothing.

Doing nothing in the face of rising costs is not a solution.

The polls clearly indicate the American people prefer ObamaCare over the GOP's nothing solution. And the GOP is missing that message, and its behavior is going to cause ObamaCare to become the law of the land forevermore.

The GOP is too retarded to realize it is to blame for that. It's inaction when it held ALL the power is to blame. It's continued foaming at the mouth over petty bullshit while our real problems run out of control is to blame.

It takes a real superhuman effort to be more incompetent than Democrats, but somehow the GOP has managed to pull it off.

HERE IS THE SOLUTION!!!
First stop using the number "46 million uninsured"!
There have NEVER been 46 million that want and are legally eligible for insurance!
1) 18 million of the "46 million" don't want health insurance as they are under 34, make over $50k and spend less then their employer share!
source: CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

2) 14 million that say they are uninsured DON"T KNOW they are covered by Medicaid!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf

3) 10 million ARE NOT citizens!!!
source:Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

So there is really less the 4 million that need and want coverage so WHY destroy the health system for the rest of the 99% of Americans?

2ND.. Recognize what doctors surveyed they do and don't forget under law THAT can't make a profit from their ordering duplicate tests, or
referrals... 90% of physicians say they order $850 billion a year in wasted duplicate tests, referrals all out of FEAR of being SUED!
Health News Observer ? Physicians Estimate The Cost Of Defensive Medicine In Us At 650 To 850 Bill Articles

3RD Recognize Obamacare taxed tanning salons because of skin cancer!
4TH Recognize that lawyers file lawsuits that physicians fear and therefore CAUSE the $850 billion in duplicate tests, etc.
5TH Tax lawyers 10% like tanning salons and use that to:
6TH pay a $5,000 premium for each of the 4 million truly uninsured!
7th The when hospitals see this "uninsured" they register and send claims to the insurance company AND NOT pad and pass sometimes at 6,000% markup to Medicare/insurance companies...again adding to the costs!

There is the solution!
Admit there are less the 4 million!
Tax lawyers $200 billion a year at 10%
Use the $20 billion to cover the 4 million truly uninsured.

DON"T destroy health care for the rest of us!

NOW PLEASE REFUTE ANY of these points OK... Check out the sources OK... THEN tell me this isn't a great solution!!!

Last edited:

(not to mention a slump in car sales...)

Again, wishful thinking. Most Americans who use the exchanges will get a federal subsidy.

then why have fines....? why hire thousands more IRS agents....?

why are there going to be millions who will pay the fines instead of purchasing Obamacare...?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/03/05/six-million-to-pay-obamacare-penatly-n1526185

Last edited:
It is well known the GOP House has voted 40 times to repeal. This latest threat is just more of the same pattern. It smacks of sore-loserdom.

Why is it you folks seem to forget that maobama signed 7 of those bills into law that repealed or defunded parts of maobamacare.

He has not repealed or defunded. He has granted temporary extensions and waivers. Don't try to make the GOP's childish tactics to be on the same field as that.

Nevertheless, I have pointed out several times right here on this forum that Obama was lying, and knew he was lying, when he said he would not sign a bill that added one dime to the federal debt. And I even took the trouble one time to document exactly how many dimes he added to the federal debt with his waivers and extensions.

ObamaCare is going to bankrupt the US government and the states. That is why the GOP needs to have a laser focus on this issue, and it doesn't. It is behaving like a petulant child instead. Offering no solutions, and trying to distract from that fact by making a shit ton of noise on a lot of really stupid issues. We are daily bombarded with non-stop whining and bitching over really dumb stuff from the Right. This is a massive smokescreen attempting to hide the GOP's intellectual bankruptcy.

The American people want and need smart answers, not stupid whining.

You might want to check this out: Seven House-Passed Bills President Obama Signed that Repeal or Defund Parts of His Health Care Law | Speaker.gov

From the leaders of the GOP establishment to usual tea-party allies, a growing number of Republicans are splitting with movement conservatives who are pushing to shut down the federal government if funding is not cut off for President Obama's health care law at the end of September.
The growing concern is that the tea-party activists and a handful of senators, led by the troika of Mike Lee, R-Utah, Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Marco Rubio, R-Fla., are marching into battle without a plan for victory short of Obama reversing himself on his signature domestic achievement—an almost unimaginable outcome.

"Next to impossible," said one tea-party favorite, Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., last week.

The Defund Obamacare Movement Falls on Hard Times - Nationa lJournal

From the leaders of the GOP establishment to usual tea-party allies, a growing number of Republicans are splitting with movement conservatives who are pushing to shut down the federal government if funding is not cut off for President Obama's health care law at the end of September.
The growing concern is that the tea-party activists and a handful of senators, led by the troika of Mike Lee, R-Utah, Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Marco Rubio, R-Fla., are marching into battle without a plan for victory short of Obama reversing himself on his signature domestic achievement—an almost unimaginable outcome.

"Next to impossible," said one tea-party favorite, Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., last week.

you mean Obama will defund EVERYTHING ELSE.....if he doesn't get his Obamacare money...?

let him......:smoke:

we don't need or want his government anyhow...

It is well known the GOP House has voted 40 times to repeal. This latest threat is just more of the same pattern. It smacks of sore-loserdom.

Why is it you folks seem to forget that maobama signed 7 of those bills into law that repealed or defunded parts of maobamacare.

He has not repealed or defunded. He has granted temporary extensions and waivers. Don't try to make the GOP's childish tactics to be on the same field as that.

Nevertheless, I have pointed out several times right here on this forum that Obama was lying, and knew he was lying, when he said he would not sign a bill that added one dime to the federal debt. And I even took the trouble one time to document exactly how many dimes he added to the federal debt with his waivers and extensions.

ObamaCare is going to bankrupt the US government and the states. That is why the GOP needs to have a laser focus on this issue, and it doesn't. It is behaving like a petulant child instead. Offering no solutions, and trying to distract from that fact by making a shit ton of noise on a lot of really stupid issues. We are daily bombarded with non-stop whining and bitching over really dumb stuff from the Right. This is a massive smokescreen attempting to hide the GOP's intellectual bankruptcy.

The American people want and need smart answers, not stupid whining.

A waiver for the masses would be a good start instead of corporate cronies and unions.

you mean Obama will defund EVERYTHING ELSE.....if he doesn't get his Obamacare money...?

Actually, I think what this is trying to convey is defund-cheerleading morons such as yourself aren't likely to get your way on this.

Where were you when George Bush single-handedly undertook the greatest expansion of Medicare in the program's history? Why is it that you don't know the cost of Medicare part D?

Your news sources don't even inform you about what your party is spending. You are now merely an attack dog for the Republican Party, which is purely a creature of Washington in all its centralized power. I think you can do better. We need you to do better. We need you to break free of your current information sources so that you become a better critic of both parties. Reagan spent three times what Carter spent. He left the nation terribly in debt. We didn't here a fucking peep from your side. Then Bush spent twice as much is Clinton. Again we heard nothing. We need you to be better informed.

Keep in mind - the Obama-hating rodeo clowns are very factually challenged.

Actually, I think what this is trying to convey is defund-cheerleading morons such as yourself aren't likely to get your way on this.

yes....and i'm saying week-kneed republicans need to realize that they won't kill Obamacare any other way....

yes....and i'm saying week-kneed republicans need to realize that they won't kill Obamacare any other way....

What makes you think the "weak-kneed" ones even want to?

Forum List

Back