Yes or No

HereinVirginia

Jun 6, 2020

Yes
No
Maybe so....

If you were are having a conversation with a stranger in a park on a nice sunny day, and you both realized through pleasant conversation, that you are each others main adversary on here, would you still have a conversation? Would it get out of hand instantly?

Yes, I would. No I don’t think it would get out of hand.
A sincere question.
Smart ass comments are coming

Last edited:
Since you're a relative newby, I'll give you a few hints:
1. Your OP (opening post) needs a link to something or a moderator can close the thread.
2. When you post a new thread and want a poll, there is a link that takes you to a poll question/answers.

Not sure what your question has to do with "politics", but a very good rule is never discuss politics with family or strangers.
The USMB is the best place to argue politics.
If you can add a personal opinion to the OP, either for or against Trump, you'd get more interest in debate.

Here's a link you can copy into the op if its not too late

Last edited:
Yes
No
Maybe so....

If you were are having a conversation with a stranger in a park on a nice sunny day, and you both realized through pleasant conversation, that you are each others main adversary on here, would you still have a conversation? Would it get out of hand instantly?

A sincere question.

Yes I would.

I don't know if the conversation would get out of hand.

I know on my part, it wouldn't get out of hand. I don't care about the small stuff. There are more important things in life to be upset about.

Yes
No
Maybe so....

A sincere question.

Yes I would.

I know on my part, it wouldn't get out of hand. I don't sweat the small stuff.

Some one calls me a racist, for disagreeing with them, and I'm going to call them a name BACK.

Yes
No
Maybe so....

A sincere question.

Yes I would.

Some one calls me a racist, for disagreeing with them, and I'm going to call them a name BACK.

I never called you a racist so there is no reason to reply to my post that way.

I'm not surprised that you're so consumed with hate.

Yes
No
Maybe so....

A sincere question.

Yes I would.

I know on my part, it wouldn't get out of hand. I don't care about the small stuff. There are more important things in life to be upset about.
Awesome answer.

1. Your OP (opening post) needs a link to something or a moderator can close the thread.
2. When you post a new thread and want a poll, there is a link that takes you to a poll question/answers.

Not sure what your question has to do with "politics", but a very good rule is never discuss politics with family or strangers.
If you can add a personal opinion to the OP, either for or against Trump, you'd get more interest in debate.

Where in TOS does it say an opening/original post has to have a link?
I think you're confused.
If a quote or source is included in the post, a link to that source is required.

Yes
No
Maybe so....

A sincere question.

Yes I would.

I don't think of you as my main adversary on this site.

I was not thinking of you, as the one that would probably not be able to not be rude to me.

Though, now that I think about it, I bet that the lefties on here, would be lot more polite face to face...

Mmm.

Oh, and reacting to being insulted, is not hate, it is anger.

I think you're confused.
If a quote or source is included in the post, a link to that source is required.
Sorry, it’s political that makes us answer the question so I thought it was appropriate here.

Updated thanks for the heads up.

I think you're confused.
I just re-read the rules and it looks like you're right. Years ago the OP needed a link to the subject matter being discussed?! Thx.

Yes
No
Maybe so....

A sincere question.

Yes I would.

I don't think of you as my main adversary on this site.

I was not thinking of you, as the one that would probably not be able to not be rude to me.

Though, now that I think about it, I bet that the lefties on here, would be lot more polite face to face...

Mmm.

Oh, and reacting to being insulted, is not hate, it is anger.

Wow.

Do you know there is more to life than this board? You really should get one.

If you can't take people calling you names, why do you call people names?

Why become what you obviously don't like?

Why put a answer about racism to a reply to one of my posts when it has nothing to do with me?

I've met a lot of racists in my life. One thing I've learned from it, just walk away. I'm not going to change anyone and me saying something is only going to trigger them. Trash like that just isn't worth my time.

So if you're going to reply to me, make that reply relevant to me and what I've posted.

If someone called you a racist direct that post at them. Not me.

Yes it is hate. Hate is one of the results of anger.

Here's some advice I've learned in nearly 60 years of life, hate will kill your soul. If you hate long enough you will kill your soul. You will end up as a shell who spends all if it's time spreading as much hate and hurt to as many people as you possibly can because you will be incapable of any other emotions. You will be miserable and you will have caused your own misery.

This is just a message board. There are more important things in life than what some anonymous person on a message board posts to you.

If your life is so empty that a post on a message board upsets you that much, my advice is to go do something about it.

Get a life.

You will be much happier.

Yes
No
Maybe so....

A sincere question.

Yes I would.

I see you pride yourself on maturity and ability to explain or defend your positions in a positive way.

I would wrap up the conversation and the pleasantries, and then whack him with the croquet mallet there at I carry around with me.

Then you would find yourself in jail.

What you have done with that croquet mallet is a crime. Assault and battery.

The person will have you arrested, prosecuted for your crime and make sure you're put in prison where you belong.

If I was that person, I wouldn't stop there. I would sue you for every penny and asset you have.

This is a message board. Violence isn't appropriate.

I find it sick that you think it's ok to attack and assault someone simply because they have a different view from you.

Grow up.

Politics aren't a major component of who me and my friends are so I would still have the conversation. By major part I mean we'll freely state our opinions but know better than to try to push them onto one another.

Whether things got out of hand would be up to the stranger. If I keep my cool while the other person loses theirs then I consider it a win for me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back