Yes, They Are Coming for Your Guns

there is no LAWFUL PURPOSE for US citizens to challenge US law enforcement with "bigger, more powerful" weaponry...

It is not law enforcement I worry about.

then what are you so worried about...??

the US government IS law enforcement.

the FBI is our CHIEF LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

in the USA we live by RULE OF LAW in a constitutional democratic republic.

so again, i ask you...

what do you imagine is YOUR lawful purpose for "unrestricted purchases or construction of any firearms" ??

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

if the big bad gov'ment wanted to come after your guns, there ain't enough AKs in the nation to help defend y'all.

So, you're saying we need even better, more powerful weapons?

Very well. I agree.

And we've seen what the FBI has become as a result of the Obama Administration.

the NRA has gone from being a rational American organization to being an irrational anti American organization.

the past several years have seen NRA fear mongering rhetoric gone off the rails...

they even give aid and comfort to our enemies...

recently the russian troll farm has spread FAKE NEWS regarding our FBI and the "deep state" boogeyman.

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said,

“The elites don't care — not one whit — about America's school system and schoolchildren. ... Their goal is to eliminate the Second Amendment and our firearms freedoms so they can eradicate all individual freedoms.”

:cuckoo:

The nation's largest firearms organization began its slide into moral degeneracy as late as the early 2000s, when actor Charlton Heston became its five-term president (a feat for which the NRA's rules had to be changed to allow him to serve longer), before going public with his battle with Alzheimer's disease and retiring.

Under Heston's firebrand leadership, the NRA's rhetoric shifted its focus from working with lawmakers across the country to defend Second Amendment rights, to recasting the group as the front-line warrior in a crusade against the entire progressive movement in a culture war that they claimed had engulfed the country.

Analysis | The NRA goes to DEFCON 1 with its new talking points

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2017-08-01/im-a-gun-lover-and-the-nra-has-lost-its-mind

The Trump-Russia-NRA Connection: Here’s What You Need to Know

Last edited:
LE isnt capable of rounding up 11 million humans you can bet your ass they cant find 3x as many guns.

stupid ass RW dipshits ... WHINE WHINE WHINE about F'n nothing.

The anti-gun movement has held out the falsehood that they are not coming after people’s guns as a central core of their effort to hide their existential goal. The lid was blown off that charade when a 97-year-old man who previously occupied a position at the top level of our country (retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens) advocated for the abolition of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in the paper of record – The New York Times.

The Second Amendment was put in place and obtained its lofty position as the “Second Amendment” right behind the most essential amendment giving us free speech etc., etc., for a reason. The people who founded this country did not trust government. Even though they were possibly the most talented, intelligent and capable group of people ever assembled for one cause, they lacked the arrogance of most people in government that government was or is the answer.
The IRS has 2,300 Special Agents armed with AR-15s, P90 tactical rifles and other heavy weaponry. The IRS recently spent $12 million on ammo and weapons.Why Are Federal Bureaucrats Buying Guns And Ammo? $158 Million Spent By Non-Military Agencies
The fact is that deaths from long guns average one per day. If you exclude suicides, gun death by hand guns are 42 per day. If you include all gun deaths (suicides) by hand guns it is 104 per day. We are led to believe by their rhetoric that once the anti-gun goal of banning certain long guns has been achieved (guns responsible for one death per day), they will stop and not go after guns that are used to kill 104 per day. Balderdash.
Those of us who have some experience in life know that is not the way it works with the Left. They play a long game and are happy to move the ball forward with mini steps until they achieve their goal.
I don’t trust the government and this country was established on that bedrock principle. I don’t trust the people who are lying to us about what their true intentions are about gun control just like they lied to us about government-run health care. They want all guns in the control of government-controlled apparatchiks.

As Charlton Heston said: “From my cold, dead hands.”
You obviously didn’t understand Stevens article... did you even read it?
Please lie to us about what he said
I don’t need to lie... just read the article for what it is and don’t spin it to try and imply he is suggesting taking people’s guns away

"They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment."

Opinion | John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment

Can you read English?

there is no LAWFUL PURPOSE for US citizens to challenge US law enforcement with "bigger, more powerful" weaponry...

so again, i ask you...

what do you imagine is YOUR lawful purpose for "unrestricted purchases or construction of any firearms" ??

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

if the big bad gov'ment wanted to come after your guns, there ain't enough AKs in the nation to help defend y'all.

Very well. I agree.

The FBI is the Democrat Party Gestapo.

so again, i ask you...

Very well. I agree.

really? it IS??????? is that the same guliani friendly NY bureau aka trumpland?

so again, i ask you...

Very well. I agree.

really? it IS??????? is that the same guliani friendly NY bureau aka trumpland?

"I started shooting at age 10, when my father got me a Crossman 760 Pumpmaster air rifle with Tasco scope. He was one of only three National Rifle Association training counselors in the state of Wisconsin for many years, certifying volunteers who would later go on to instruct citizens in rifle and handgun use, and self-defense. I began shooting competitively through 4-H Club, not long after, eventually shooting air rifle, air pistol and shotgun trap through the program. After 4-H, I went on to shoot small-bore rifle in local competitions. Today, I own four firearms of various kinds, make time to shoot several thousand rounds per year and am licensed through the state to carry a concealed weapon, which I do routinely with a modded Glock.

As a gun owner and defender of the Second Amendment, I'm here to tell you the NRA has lost its ever-loving mind.

The nation's largest firearms organization began its slide into moral degeneracy as late as the early 2000s, when actor Charlton Heston became its five-term president (a feat for which the NRA's rules had to be changed to allow him to serve longer), before going public with his battle with Alzheimer's disease and retiring. Under Heston's firebrand leadership, the NRA's rhetoric shifted its focus from working with lawmakers across the country to defend Second Amendment rights, to recasting the group as the front-line warrior in a crusade against the entire progressive movement in a culture war that they claimed had engulfed the country.

This took many forms, but included especially harsh attacks on members of the left that opposed the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and equated any sort of compromise on gun-related issues as existential threats to the continued existence of the Second Amendment itself.

This period was met with an explosion of gun rights victories at both the state and national level, including the sunsetting in 2006 of the Clinton-era Federal Assault Weapons Ban, rapid adoption of concealed carry licenses across the nation, "stand your ground" laws and the landmark 2008 District of Columbia v. Heller ruling, which cemented the Second Amendment as an individual, rather than a collective right.

The simple fact is Americans have not enjoyed the degree of freedom and protection in firearms related matters since the passage of the National Firearms Act of 1934, a law ironically supported by the NRA of the time. One would think after a rash of such successes, the organization could afford to tone down the apocalyptic rhetoric, but no. Less than a year after Heller, Barack Obama was sworn in as president, and the NRA's war on the left entered a new phase.

For eight years, we heard nothing but fearmongering, hate and vitriol about the insidious intentions of our first black president. Unhinged, fact-free screeds about how he was "coming for our guns" became fixtures of the Rifleman, the NRA's official magazine.

At every convention, at every public event, the fear was ratcheted up among the faithful that at any second, waves of gay-married illegal alien shock troops would come sweeping through our small towns in heels and miniskirts to confiscate our weapons to be melted down to make Tony Awards. This fear pushed gun sales through the roof, causing a run on ammunition that sent prices of both skyrocketing, and only now returning to normal.

All for a president who, after two full terms, ended with a legislative legacy that only expanded gun rights. No, seriously. Obama only signed two firearm related bills into law. One which allowed concealed carry permit holders to carry on Amtrack trains, and the other which allowed us to carry within the National Park system. Seriously. Look it up.

[ SEE: Gun Control and Gun Rights Cartoons ]

Which brings us to today. With Trump infesting the White House and no convenient Democratic boogeyman (or woman) to scare the children with, the NRA's rhetoric has moved from merely unhinged to dangerously inflammatory. With the GOP in nominal control of the government, CEO Wayne LaPierre and his cadre of frothing-at-the-mouth lunatics have adjusted their sights away from politicians and turned them onto American citizens en masse. ... "

Trump better keep his tiny little hands off my guns

The only REAL solution to mass shootings is to shoot back. No other action, restriction, or confiscation will be even 1/4 as effective as shooting back.

You don't see nations holding out hope that they can defend a themselves against attack by disarming their foes, rather than arming themselves.

More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows

More firearms do not keep people safe, hard numbers show. Why do so many Americans believe the opposite?

More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows
Assume that's true.

Are you saying that a home invasion or mass shooting is equally survivable for one who is armed and one who is not?

:dunno:

Gun may not decrease crime, but that's not really the point.

Forum List

Back