🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Yes..universal background checks for guns do not work...even left wing Joyce Foundation shows this

The Joyce Foundation is as left wing as it gets and it is a gun control group as well....what did they find when they asked actual criminals in jail where they got their guns....guns they are not allowed to buy, own or carry?

The friends and family plan.

Study Finds That Chicago Criminals Get Guns From Friends, Family

A survey conducted by researchers from Duke University and the University of Chicago found that Chicago criminals obtained their firearms almost exclusively from friends and family.

The survey, funded by the Joyce Foundation and set to be published in the October edition of Preventive Medicine, consisted of interviews with 99 inmates at Chicago’s Cook County Jail who had illegally possessed a gun within six months of their incarceration. It found that most criminals only acquired guns from people they knew and trusted.

----

The study found that due to fears of encountering undercover police officers attempting sting operations, a large majority of the criminals surveyed would only make illegal gun purchases from people they knew.

"In discussing the underground gun market in their neighborhoods, most respondents emphasized the importance of connections—prior relationships that could create sufficient trust to reassure the seller that the transaction would not create an unacceptable legal risk," the survey says. "

A majority of the primary guns (40 of the 48 for which we have detailed information on the source) were obtained from family, fellow gang members, or other social connections; the fraction is still higher for secondary guns."

"Only 2 of the 70 primary guns (3%) and no secondary guns were reported as purchased directly from a gun store."

The survey also found that criminals preferred handguns by a wide margin. Rifles, shotguns, and firearms that would be classified as "assault weapons" under Illinois law made up a small percentage of the guns criminals reported they had owned.

Additionally, the survey found that criminals kept their firearms for only a short period of time and had little knowledge of firearms.

The researchers noted that the findings may challenge what many believe about how criminals obtain firearms.

"Some of the pathways people are concerned about don’t seem so dominant," Harold Pollack, co-director of the University of Chicago’s Crime Lab and co-author of the survey, told the Chicago Sun-Times.
-------

"This proves what we have said all along," Alan Gottlieb, the founder of Second Amendment, told the Free Beacon. "Criminals don't go through background checks to acquire a gun. They don’t buy them at gun stores, gun shows, or on the Internet. They get them from family, friends, and fellow gang members. Gun control laws only affect lawful gun owners."
Background checks forced them into illegal activity risking their own family members. The more you force criminals to use illegal sources, the more likely they get caught.

Evidently your solution is just hand out guns to everyone. Its been your & the NRA solution for everything.

No...my solution is when you catch an actual felon with an illegal gun, they go to jail for 30 years. If you catch someone committing a crime with a gun, they go to jail for 30 years........if you catch people knowingly selling guns to felons, they go to jail for 30 years.....

This has the benefit of only targeting law breakers and it leaves normal, law abiding gun owners alone.

You guys, you let gun criminals out......why is that?

and how oh Great and Powerful Oz do you know what person is going to illegally give a gun to someone?

do a background check that includes associates. Easy peasy.

Of course, I have a better solution than that. If you gave a gun to someone, or sold a gun to someone, and they commit a crime with it, you are held criminally and civilly responsible.

That includes gun stores.

Betcha they'll start looking into who they sell guns to at that point.

Yes......you guys always want to go after the people who didn't break the law.....
If you give a gun to a person who could not pass a background check, then you are responsible.

Nope....the person who is the criminal is the one who broke the law.....unless you are a gun trafficker who knows they are selling to a felon. I have no desire to lock up the widow selling her dead husbands gun to the neighbor who seemed like a nice guy......you lock up the guy who bought the gun illegally...leave the widow alone.

The Joyce Foundation is as left wing as it gets and it is a gun control group as well....what did they find when they asked actual criminals in jail where they got their guns....guns they are not allowed to buy, own or carry?

A survey conducted by researchers from Duke University and the University of Chicago found that Chicago criminals obtained their firearms almost exclusively from friends and family.

The survey, funded by the Joyce Foundation and set to be published in the October edition of Preventive Medicine, consisted of interviews with 99 inmates at Chicago’s Cook County Jail who had illegally possessed a gun within six months of their incarceration. It found that most criminals only acquired guns from people they knew and trusted.

----

The study found that due to fears of encountering undercover police officers attempting sting operations, a large majority of the criminals surveyed would only make illegal gun purchases from people they knew.

"In discussing the underground gun market in their neighborhoods, most respondents emphasized the importance of connections—prior relationships that could create sufficient trust to reassure the seller that the transaction would not create an unacceptable legal risk," the survey says. "

A majority of the primary guns (40 of the 48 for which we have detailed information on the source) were obtained from family, fellow gang members, or other social connections; the fraction is still higher for secondary guns."

"Only 2 of the 70 primary guns (3%) and no secondary guns were reported as purchased directly from a gun store."

The survey also found that criminals preferred handguns by a wide margin. Rifles, shotguns, and firearms that would be classified as "assault weapons" under Illinois law made up a small percentage of the guns criminals reported they had owned.

Additionally, the survey found that criminals kept their firearms for only a short period of time and had little knowledge of firearms.

The researchers noted that the findings may challenge what many believe about how criminals obtain firearms.

"Some of the pathways people are concerned about don’t seem so dominant," Harold Pollack, co-director of the University of Chicago’s Crime Lab and co-author of the survey, told the Chicago Sun-Times.
-------

"This proves what we have said all along," Alan Gottlieb, the founder of Second Amendment, told the Free Beacon. "Criminals don't go through background checks to acquire a gun. They don’t buy them at gun stores, gun shows, or on the Internet. They get them from family, friends, and fellow gang members. Gun control laws only affect lawful gun owners."
Background checks forced them into illegal activity risking their own family members. The more you force criminals to use illegal sources, the more likely they get caught.

Evidently your solution is just hand out guns to everyone. Its been your & the NRA solution for everything.

No one is "forced" into illegal activities
If a person wants to obtain a gun & can't pass a basckground check, then they are forced to go illegal.

No they are not "forced"

they CHOOSE

see the difference?

and how oh Great and Powerful Oz do you know what person is going to illegally give a gun to someone?

Of course, I have a better solution than that. If you gave a gun to someone, or sold a gun to someone, and they commit a crime with it, you are held criminally and civilly responsible.

Yes......you guys always want to go after the people who didn't break the law.....
If you give a gun to a person who could not pass a background check, then you are responsible.

Which is already the law in most states.

It is a crime to knowingly sell a gun to any individual not legally eligible to own a firearm

Many states like mine require all private gun sales to be brokered through an FFL dealer

What associates? I have no associates that would not pass a background check and what right do you have to do a background check on anyone who is NOT buying a gun? How about we change the 4th amendment to allow the police to search the homes of the associates of all criminals?

Um, we already do that. Judges will issue warrents if they think a bad guy is hiding at a friends house.

And gun stores have to do background checks in almost every state. Every state I've looked at also has made it illegal to knowingly sell to a person ineligible to own a gun. Many states already require that all private gun sales be brokered by an FFL dealer.

A lot of things are technically illegal and not enforced. This is the problem. It's not just that the National Rampage Association makes it too easy to get guns, it's that they've watered down enforcement of gun laws that do exist.

So then you need a warrant to investigate a gun owners associates as well.

And the problem here is idiots like you who hold law abiding people responsible for the acts of others.

So why don't we just suspend the 4th and 5th amendments as well because according to your "logic" everyone is nothing more than a criminal in waiting.

We should chemically castrate all men because some men rape women
We should remove all children from their homes because some parents or family members abuse children

We should allow warrant less no knock searches of every residence because some people keep illegal drugs in their homes

After all everyone is a potential criminal, rapist, mass murderer in waiting

Even you
No, the problem are dumbass NRA fools who think we should have no laws on gun ownership. When I see a bunch of kids slaughtered by a crazy person with an assault type rifle, I think of assholes like you who have a freaking fit when laws are proposed to help stop that shit. YOU support the NRA & yes you are partly responsible.

This is really funny chit coming from the crowd that condemns & wants to ban Muslims because a few are terrorists.

it is not the position of the NRA that there be no gun laws but that law abiding people should be able to keep and bear firearms as their right guaranteed in the constitution.

So maybe you can tell me how I am responsible for the actions of another person just because I happen to own a firearm similar to the one used to commit mass murder?

What associates? I have no associates that would not pass a background check and what right do you have to do a background check on anyone who is NOT buying a gun? How about we change the 4th amendment to allow the police to search the homes of the associates of all criminals?

Um, we already do that. Judges will issue warrents if they think a bad guy is hiding at a friends house.

And gun stores have to do background checks in almost every state. Every state I've looked at also has made it illegal to knowingly sell to a person ineligible to own a gun. Many states already require that all private gun sales be brokered by an FFL dealer.

A lot of things are technically illegal and not enforced. This is the problem. It's not just that the National Rampage Association makes it too easy to get guns, it's that they've watered down enforcement of gun laws that do exist.

And the problem here is idiots like you who hold law abiding people responsible for the acts of others.

So why don't we just suspend the 4th and 5th amendments as well because according to your "logic" everyone is nothing more than a criminal in waiting.

We should remove all children from their homes because some parents or family members abuse children

We should allow warrant less no knock searches of every residence because some people keep illegal drugs in their homes

Even you
No, the problem are dumbass NRA fools who think we should have no laws on gun ownership. When I see a bunch of kids slaughtered by a crazy person with an assault type rifle, I think of assholes like you who have a freaking fit when laws are proposed to help stop that shit. YOU support the NRA & yes you are partly responsible.

This is really funny chit coming from the crowd that condemns & wants to ban Muslims because a few are terrorists.

it is not the position of the NRA that there be no gun laws but that law abiding people should be able to keep and bear firearms as their right guaranteed in the constitution.

So maybe you can tell me how I am responsible for the actions of another person just because I happen to own a firearm similar to the one used to commit mass murder?
If you support the NRA & vote for those who support the NRA & vote against sensible gun legislation, then yes, you are somewhat responsible.

AS a Trump voter, you are responsible for his actions.

----

-------

If a person wants to obtain a gun & can't pass a basckground check, then they are forced to go illegal.

No they are not "forced"

they CHOOSE

see the difference?
The choose top buy a gun. To do so, they are forced to do it illegally because they can't pass a background test.

Get it?

Nope....the person who is the criminal is the one who broke the law.....unless you are a gun trafficker who knows they are selling to a felon. I have no desire to lock up the widow selling her dead husbands gun to the neighbor who seemed like a nice guy......you lock up the guy who bought the gun illegally...leave the widow alone.
"seemed like a nice guy" Is that all it takes?

Even you

If you support the NRA & vote for those who support the NRA & vote against sensible gun legislation, then yes, you are somewhat responsible.

Why do you assume I voted for Trump? I didn't. I didn't vote at all because I refuse to vote for any candidate that makes me want to puke

The NRA is not responsible for anyone else's criminal acts.

So now tell me why you think I am responsible if some psycho uses a semiautomatic rifle in a mass murder?

And FYI because I happen to own several semiautomatic rifles is not an acceptable answer

And we already have plenty of reasonable gun laws on the books and some that are downright unreasonable.

So what specifically do you propose that would have stopped any past or future gun crimes?

----

-------

No they are not "forced"

they CHOOSE

see the difference?
The choose top buy a gun. To do so, they are forced to do it illegally because they can't pass a background test.

Get it?

No one is EVER "forced" to buy a gun

it seems you don't get it

Even you

Why do you assume I voted for Trump? I didn't. I didn't vote at all because I refuse to vote for any candidate that makes me want to puke

So now tell me why you think I am responsible if some psycho uses a semiautomatic rifle in a mass murder?

And FYI because I happen to own several semiautomatic rifles is not an acceptable answer

The NRA backs certain legislation. Either the politicians vote their way or they get a bad rating. Asshole right wingers will not vote for those with poor NRA ratings.

When the assault rifle ban was not renewed thanks to NRA backed Republicans, they bew\came responsible each & every time those weapons are used in a crime.

When closing gun purchasing loopholes were defeated, every time a gun purchased in that manner is used in a crime, it is their responsibility.

Even you

The NRA backs certain legislation. Either the politicians vote their way or they get a bad rating. Asshole right wingers will not vote for those with poor NRA ratings.

When the assault rifle ban was not renewed thanks to NRA backed Republicans, they bew\came responsible each & every time those weapons are used in a crime.

When closing gun purchasing loopholes were defeated, every time a gun purchased in that manner is used in a crime, it is their responsibility.

What specific legislation did the NRA back that allowed a mass shooting to occur?

And you have yet to realize that a so called "assault" rifle is no different from any other semiautomatic rifle that has been available since the 1860's. The cosmetic doodads do not make it more deadly.

And what specific loopholes are you talking about? Do you even know?

The only person responsible for any crime is the person committing the crime. The guy who happens to own a similar firearm who was sitting at home eating dinner with his wife is not responsible for some ass hat who goes on a shooting spree

No.....only if you knowngly do it...and the guy who bought the gun knew.....you can arrest him. Not everyone keeps up with the bizarro gun grabber world of anti gun owner laws you guys enact.

Even you

What exactly was the point to the Assault weapon ban? It did nothing to stop criminals or mass shooters...so what was the point. Besides, those weapons are the most common rifles in the country, they are protected by the 2nd Amendment.

There were no loopholes........you guys keep making that up. You have no right to block people from selling their private property....it is as simple as that.....and the only reason you want background checks for private sales is to get registration of guns...sorry, we are going to fight that.

Even you

What sensible legislation? Again, you guys use those words as if they are magic. What is this so called Sensible Legislation that would stop criminals or mass shooters? Please name it, and explain how it stops mass shooters and criminals, and how it doesn't violate the Constitution or target law abiding gun owners.

What specific legislation did the NRA back that allowed a mass shooting to occur?

And you have yet to realize that a so called "assault" rifle is no different from any other semiautomatic rifle that has been available since the 1860's. The cosmetic doodads do not make it more deadly.

The only person responsible for any crime is the person committing the crime. The guy who happens to own a similar firearm who was sitting at home eating dinner with his wife is not responsible for some ass hat who goes on a shooting spree

Are you just plain dense? Gun nuts keep telling me they need an assault type rifle or else they can't frerakin defend themselves yet can't admit that a mass shooter with one will do more damage than a rifle that is not semi-automatic with a large magazine. I see you agree with their stupidity.

And please will you assholes quit with the " there isn't such a thing as an assault rifle" bullshit.

f

Again, if it is just cosmetic features that add nothing to the performance that makes a rifle an assault type rifle, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GUN NUTS HAVING SUCH A FIT ABOUT HAVING ONE? Are you just a bunch of angry little boys trying to play army?

Even you

What sensible legislation? Again, you guys use those words as if they are magic. What is this so called Sensible Legislation that would stop criminals or mass shooters? Please name it, and explain how it stops mass shooters and criminals, and how it doesn't violate the Constitution or target law abiding gun owners.
WE can make access to the more deadly weapons more difficulty.

Unless you want to argue again that an attacker with a knife is the same as one with an assault type rifle with a 150 round magazine.

Making guns harder to get helps law enforcement stop the criminals before they do the crime.

Making certain weapons illegal, enables the criminal's arrest BEFORE they actually kill people.

Are you just plain dense? Gun nuts keep telling me they need an assault type rifle or else they can't frerakin defend themselves yet can't admit that a mass shooter with one will do more damage than a rifle that is not semi-automatic with a large magazine. I see you agree with their stupidity.

And please will you assholes quit with the " there isn't such a thing as an assault rifle" bullshit.

Wrong......the rifle doesn't matter, there isn't one mass shooting that couldn't have been done with a pistol or multiple pistols, or a shotgun or combination.....the rifle with magazines are just easy to attack so the anti-gunners attack them...as the Judge who gave the injunction against California's new magazine ban stated, if you ban anthing over a 30 round magazine the shooters will use 15-19, then they ban those, then they will use 10 rounds then they will move on to all magazines, then they will limit revolvers to 5 shots..

The determining factor in these shootings is 1) they are gun free zones....2) the ones in confined spaces it doesn't matter if they use an AR-15 or pistols....

Notice....the baseball shooter with a magazine fed rifle only got 6 hits and only one of them was serious.....because of the gun free zone he attacked was wide open....

And, a guy with a rental truck killed 89 people and injured over 400.........banning rifles with magazines doesn't stop mass shooters...what stops them are people with guns shooting back.

f

Again, if it is just cosmetic features that add nothing to the performance that makes a rifle an assault type rifle, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GUN NUTS HAVING SUCH A FIT ABOUT HAVING ONE? Are you just a bunch of angry little boys trying to play army?

There is no reason to ban 8 million of these rifles when less than 5 a year are ever used in a crime....that is irrational and insane....

And we already know, if you get this rifle, you will just move on to the next......

Forum List

Back