Yet Again- Obama By-Passes Congress

looks like i hit the winning point!! :lmao: .:lmao:

BTW.....Blindman......you're dumber than a can of dried up paint.....BUT, the colors you use in your silly posts are very, very nice......(see, I always try to find a crumb of "good" in everyone.....LOL)

My stance has been consistent. obama was firmly against e/o's ... before he was for them.

ANY leader who does NOT adapt his or her strategy to the changing situation is NO leader......For example:

When Obama asked republicans for an immigration bill....they REFUSED to act........ergo, an executive order was essential.....and even when he signed the EO, he asked republicans to come up with something better......He's still waiting.

Adapt? He did the very thing he said he was going to reverse, the very thing he hated that Bush was doing! obama didn't get what he wanted so he e/o'd it.

I'll bold the part that obama likes about e/o's:

The biggest problems that we're facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all, and that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m President of the United States of America.

:lol: Keep defending him though.

Conflating Dubya's ignoring LAWS PASSED BY CONGRESS and Obama using executive actions such as immigration E/O's the Constitution GRANTS the Prez on? Grow a fukkn brain dumbass!

Feel free to start on a thread on W's actions.

This thread is about obama by passing congress via e/o. The very e/o he said he would reverse. Please show where he's kept that promise.

"The biggest problems that we're facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all, and that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m President of the United States of America."

Sorry you needed that explained to you.

My stance has been consistent. obama was firmly against e/o's ... before he was for them.

ANY leader who does NOT adapt his or her strategy to the changing situation is NO leader......For example:

When Obama asked republicans for an immigration bill....they REFUSED to act........ergo, an executive order was essential.....and even when he signed the EO, he asked republicans to come up with something better......He's still waiting.

Adapt? He did the very thing he said he was going to reverse, the very thing he hated that Bush was doing! obama didn't get what he wanted so he e/o'd it.

The biggest problems that we're facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all, and that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m President of the United States of America.

Conflating Dubya's ignoring LAWS PASSED BY CONGRESS and Obama using executive actions such as immigration E/O's the Constitution GRANTS the Prez on? Grow a fukkn brain dumbass!

This thread is about obama by passing congress via e/o. The very e/o he said he would reverse. Please show where he's kept that promise.

"The biggest problems that we're facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all, and that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m President of the United States of America."

Were Bush's signing statements bypassing Congress?

I will sign this bill...but I will not abide by it

Feel free to keep bringing up what Bush did.

Your deflection of the fact that obama hasn't done what he said he was going to do is noted.

Your deflection of the fact that obama hasn't done what he said he was going to do is noted.

How is Republican support of Bush's signing statements while attacking Obama as exceeding his power as president not relevant?

Does precedent mean anything?

If you're playing tennis doubles.....and one member of that team decides not to do his/her part, the other member better start playing for two....

(If you follow the analogy, it is then rather ironic that the team member who refuses to play, bitches about the game being won, don't you think?)

How is Republican support of Bush's signing statements while attacking Obama as exceeding his power as president not relevant?

Gee, please link to where I was supporting Bush. tia

You guys attacked Bush for such yet give obama a pass.

please link to where I was supporting Bush. tia

Indeed....and NO hypocrisy either, for two main reasons:

First, the republican-led congress has REFUSED to legislate, and
Second, Obama's EOs are much fewer than GWB's.

Can't help you much more than that.

If you're playing tennis doubles.....and one member of that team decides not to do his/her part, the other member better start playing for two....

(If you follow the analogy, it is then rather ironic that the team member who refuses to play, bitches about the game being won, don't you think?)

What's ironic that you somehow think that I believe that anything Bush did was ok because he was a Reublican and am only against obama doing same because he is a Democrat.

I'll post this again. The bolded? This is the part that both sides like, want, continue.

Nice dodging (still) of obama campaigning on reversing e/o's and not even coming close to doing it.

Do you need a bucket for your obama drool?

Then you must have some issues with the use of executive power

Would you prefer a Do Nothing Congress have that power?

Again, the Rs were voted in to try and stop obama from fundamentally transforming America. That's what half the country wants, the Rs are doing what their bosses (that would be we, the people) voted them in to do.

It's not the quantity of the e/o's it's the quality of the e/o's.

Nice dodging (still) of obama campaigning on reversing e/o's and not even coming close to doing it.

Now, you're reversing to imbecility.......

What Obama stated is accurate....What you are failing to acknowledge is that CONGRESS has NOT wanted to be part of the decision making....It is actually THEY who have yielded tof the executive branch MORE power by their inaction.

Again, for the last freaking time.......When Obama signed the EO regarding immigration, he almost PLEADED with congress to come up with their own legislation....Have they???

Again, the Rs were voted in to try and stop obama from fundamentally transforming America. That's what half the country wants, the Rs are doing what their bosses (that would be we, the people) voted them in to do.

They were elected to cut taxes, balance the budget, repeal Obamacare, stop same sex marriage, Keystone pipeline, provide more jobs

They have done NONE of it

Then you must have some issues with the use of executive power

Would you prefer a Do Nothing Congress have that power?

E/o's were meant for smaller, less important things not for doing an end-round around congress because dear leader can't get his way otherwise.

Rs were voted in to try and stop obama from fundamentally transforming America, they are doing (albeit not very well) what we, the people, voted them in to do. They're not doing nothing, they're doing their job.

They were elected to cut taxes, balance the budget, repeal Obamacare, stop same sex marriage, Keystone pipeline, provide more jobs

As I said in several posts, they aren't doing their job very well.

Boner is gone. Mitch should be next. All the old guard rino's need to be given the boot.

Now, you're reversing to imbecility.......

What Obama stated is accurate....What you are failing to acknowledge is that CONGRESS has NOT wanted to be part of the decision making....It is actually THEY who have yielded tof the executive branch MORE power by their inaction.

Again, for the last freaking time.......When Obama signed the EO regarding immigration, he almost PLEADED with congress to come up with their own legislation....Have they???

So why didn't obama address immigration during his first term, when he had both houses?

obama has never almost pleaded with any R. He mocks them, calls them the enemy, then can't figure out why they block things.

As I said in several posts, they aren't doing their job very well.

Boner is gone. Mitch should be next. All the old guard rino's need to be given the boot.

What will the new guard be able to accomplish that the old guard couldn't?

The new guard is the primary reason the old guard could not get anything done

Forum List

Back