Yet another Colorado Dem maligns rape victims while advocating gun control

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
More on that war on women. These people really are something else.

During the hearing for the state’s proposed college campus gun ban, rape survivor Amanda Collins bravely shared her story of survival. Democrat Senator Evie Hudak responded:

“I just want to say, statistics are not on your side, even if you had had a gun. You said that you were a martial arts student, I mean person, experienced in taekwondo, and yet because this individual was so large, was able to overcome you even with your skills. And chances are that if you had had a gun, then he would have been able to get that from you and possibly use it against you …”

Is Hudak saying this young woman should consider herself fortunate to be raped instead of shot? (And of course she would’ve been shot, because Hudak knows exactly how proficient other people are with firearms just by looking at them.) Hudak listens to Collins’ story, calls it “unsettling” — yeah, that’s one word for rape, huh? — and then completely ignores it because it doesn’t fit her worldview.

Loesch notes:

Hudak’s argument that a woman could be disarmed and her firearm used on her flies in the face of FBI crime statistics and presupposes that the woman won’t fire and/or is incapable of properly using a firearm. See, Amanda Collins was overpowered, disarmed, and left to be a victim. By Nevada lawmakers. Not her rapist. Just what Hudak said would happen, though not exactly.

You have the right to defend yourself from violent attackers, and from lawmakers who want to make things easier for them. But according to liberals, your personal safety is less important than their good intentions.

To some, there is no reason good enough to carry a firearm..

Unless you are a Liberal Elected Official.

My Wife and I visit Colorado quite often and have spent many vacations there in the last 30 years.

Guess it's time to stop.

Stupid hippies.....

Forum List

Back